Fantasy Football 2017/18

coolredwine

lameredboots
I've downgraded from Bailly to Darmian in the wake of Trippier's injury, I had to tweak things a little. Is it the general consensus on here that Darmian will get the left back or left wing back spot ahead of Blind for the opening games?
The match against RM should give us more idea, however, I have Blind in the starting line up. Only because he plays LB in a 4 man defense or a LCB in a 3 man defense.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
The match against RM should give us more idea, however, I have Blind in the starting line up. Only because he plays LB in a 4 man defense or a LCB in a 3 man defense.
Darmian has had more game time in pre-season, has he not?

That isn't always an accurate marker, I know, but it may indicate a preference in this case.

The game against Real may be a better indicator, yeah.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lacazette, Sane, Bernardo Silva, Alli out
Kane, Sterling, Salah, Willian in

Based it on pre season form of who's been getting the majority of goals for the respected clubs

Adcuth

Refraining from adding any utd players in my team for the entire year, I have a hex on me where players in my team get injured. Had about 7-10 serious ones last year

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Foster

Cedric Mee Daniels

Alli Pogba Ritchie Salah

Lukaku Kane Rodriguez

Subs: Coleman (GK), Trippier, Hunemeier, Tom Carroll

Thoughts? I obviously had Trippier in ahead of Mee but I'm concerned about his injury but it doesn't seem too serious so I left him in for now anyway it may change. My defence is pretty light on quality that's obvious. I did have Valencia in there ahead of Daniels but swapped them so I could get Kane in up front.

Any advice?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Foster

Cedric Mee Daniels

Alli Pogba Ritchie Salah

Lukaku Kane Rodriguez

Subs: Coleman (GK), Trippier, Hunemeier, Tom Carroll

Thoughts? I obviously had Trippier in ahead of Mee but I'm concerned about his injury but it doesn't seem too serious so I left him in for now anyway it may change. My defence is pretty light on quality that's obvious. I did have Valencia in there ahead of Daniels but swapped them so I could get Kane in up front.

Any advice?
Good squad but if be tempted to tinker slightly as you have no city, arsenal or Chelsea players, and they will all surely do well.

BluesJr

Good squad but if be tempted to tinker slightly as you have no city, arsenal or Chelsea players, and they will all surely do well.
Yeah I was thinking that myself. Not too keen on any Chelsea players at present because of the fixtures and they don't seem to be in a good state at the moment. I had Jesus in instead of Aguero and Chicharito instead of Rodriguez which I prefer, but I fear not selecting Kane could be a mistake if everyone else has him and he gets off to a decent start.

LoneStar

Sorry if it's been asked before. But what's the situation with Aguero at City? Is he a guranteed starter? Also for 10.5 million, should I go for Lacazette or Jesus? Arsenal and City fans help please!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How bad is it to rely pretty much on your first choice and not have a bench?
Didn't seem to come into play that much last season, specially not early doors.

------------Boruc----------
Simpson---Mee---Daniels
-----------------------------
Alli--Mane---Pogba---Zaha
----------------------------
Lukaku----Kane----Chicha

Federici (seemed to be Bournemouth's second choice last season? So would make sense)
McArthur
Tuanzebe
Rangel

McArthur being the only one that might actually play.

The defence is very weak too, although Mee and Daniels didn't do too bad last season.

Kane is the one that causes all these problems, but it's too tempting to have that front 3.

SteveTheRed

How bad is it to rely pretty much on your first choice and not have a bench?
Didn't seem to come into play that much last season, specially not early doors.

------------Boruc----------
Simpson---Mee---Daniels
-----------------------------
Alli--Mane---Pogba---Zaha
----------------------------
Lukaku----Kane----Chicha

Federici (seemed to be Bournemouth's second choice last season? So would make sense)
McArthur
Tuanzebe
Rangel

McArthur being the only one that might actually play.

The defence is very weak too, although Mee and Daniels didn't do too bad last season.

Kane is the one that causes all these problems, but it's too tempting to have that front 3.
That's a good team, personally not gone for Chicha yet because I don't know how he will be used and there are some good options around £7m who are tried and tested.

The bench isn't too important for me, but I try and aim for the cheapest first teamers. You never know when player might pull up in the warm up or something so you atleast want to get a couple points./

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's a good team, personally not gone for Chicha yet because I don't know how he will be used and there are some good options around £7m who are tried and tested.

The bench isn't too important for me, but I try and aim for the cheapest first teamers. You never know when player might pull up in the warm up or something so you atleast want to get a couple points./
I feel like those couple of points will be more than made up for by having slightly better first teamers, in the long run. But I could end up majorly wrong.
I've changed Zaha for Redmond which let me upgrade Simpson to big Phil Jagielka. Redmond also has a ridiculously good run of fixtures. He went cold for a long time last season though.

IrishRedDevil

I feel like those couple of points will be more than made up for by having slightly better first teamers, in the long run. But I could end up majorly wrong.
I've changed Zaha for Redmond which let me upgrade Simpson to big Phil Jagielka. Redmond also has a ridiculously good run of fixtures. He went cold for a long time last season though.
I never use my bench and I always do fairly well. I've won my last 3 money leagues not using a bench for example. It would kill me leaving good players on the bench weekly and seeing them gain good points that are down the drain.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Sorry if it's been asked before. But what's the situation with Aguero at City? Is he a guranteed starter? Also for 10.5 million, should I go for Lacazette or Jesus? Arsenal and City fans help please!
You don't know who pep will play so if you want a city attacker, KDB is the safest option.

Lacazette looks decent but from what I seen in preseason, he shares game time with the donkey aka giroud.

SteveTheRed

You don't know who pep will play so if you want a city attacker, KDB is the safest option.

Lacazette looks decent but from what I seen in preseason, he shares game time with the donkey aka giroud.
I can imagine Wenger will end up using Lacazette on the wing, which will be frustrating for FPL fans and arsenal fans.

BluesJr

De Bruyne seems to be really popular but what's his role been in preseason? Is he not playing a little deeper?

SATA

Wanted either Matthew Ryan or Boruc but not sure who of these two will be starting between the sticks for Bournemouth, so i discarded them both

Ryan had a howler in yesterday's friendly against Alt Madrid

Levo

Band of Brothers
Wanted either Matthew Ryan or Boruc but not sure who of these two will be starting between the sticks for Bournemouth, so i discarded them both

Ryan had a howler in yesterday's friendly against Alt Madrid
Ryan is at Brighton isn't he?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Refraining from adding any utd players in my team for the entire year, I have a hex on me where players in my team get injured. Had about 7-10 serious ones last year
I get the feeling this is NOT the year to do that with us :)

Lukaku and Pogba are going to rampage it.
Also have half an eye on Miky if he plays off the front man regularly

coolredwine

lameredboots
Ended up changing the team again. :lol:

Forster
Bertrand, Valencia, Hegazi
Salah, KdB, Mane, Zaha
Lukaku, Benteke, Rodriguez

Elliot, Daniels, Carroll, Rangel.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, and Poch has been upbeat about him as well. But he left on crutches, so we never know.
That sounds less promising!

As well as the Coutinho Barcelona stuff, I've noticed Defoe and my West Brom defender have picked up yellow flags too.
Irritating.
Could downgrade Defoe to Chico to save £1m, but don't really want him for this weekend!

aseru

Winner of EPL Predictions Game 2015-16
Had Tim Fosu-Mensah in my squad but his move to Palace messes everything up. He was up for a squad role in a solid defense for 4.5. Now he'll be starting (?) in a weak defense.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Had Tim Fosu-Mensah in my squad but his move to Palace messes everything up. He was up for a squad role in a solid defense for 4.5. Now he'll be starting (?) in a weak defense.
Ideally you want everyone in your squad to play so his move to Palace is good for your team.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
updated, thoughts?

Midfield looks weak, but I suppose that's the price you pay for having an incredible attack. I'd consider switching Firmino out for a cheaper option, and then upgrade one of your midfielders. Kane and Lukaku will get you more than enough goals up front. Not sure on Sterling either, 8m is expensive for someone who most likely won't start every game.