Fantasy Football 2017/18

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
@FC Ronaldo in with More Throat FC. Though I keep chopping and changing I'm currently in 3-4-3 for GW1 like so:

Foster

Mee - Robertson - Fosu-Mensah

De Bruyne - Henderson - Allen - Eriksen

Jesus - Kane - Lacazette

Sweating on Hendo's fitness and my defence is pretty chronic in that I need Robertson and TFM to nail down positions in new teams (plus Mee will get destroyed by Chelsea). I could also have made an error in not scrapping the extra cash together for Lukaku and/or Aguero, but we'll see.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How is Pogba only on 8 i do not know. Surely he's worth a 9.5 or 10 this season?

I don't have him in my team though as i forbid myself from choosing any United players
They base it of the previous years points. If pogba was a 9.5 or 10, no one would get him considering for that kind of money, you could get KDB, Alli, Mane etc.

peanuthead

Bench: Myhill, Daniels(Bournmouth), Redmond(Southampton), Dunk(Brighton)

I usually go for defenders that score because they get more points when they do. Thats why I've gone for men like Dann and van Aanholt. I swear Dann is always scoring from a set piece and van Aanholt scores from free kicks. Lukaku is a no brainer and I think Defoe and Gabbiadini will score alot of goals for their respective teams.

Frank Grimes

Bench: Myhill, Daniels(Bournmouth), Redmond(Southampton), Dunk(Brighton)

I usually go for defenders that score because they get more points when they do. Thats why I've gone for men like Dann and van Aanholt. I swear Dann is always scoring from a set piece and van Aanholt scores from free kicks. Lukaku is a no brainer and I think Defoe and Gabbiadini will score alot of goals for their respective teams.
Martial won't start mate. 2 Palace defenders is a no no, get a Southampton defender in instead for one of them. You need to get in a city attacke, a spurs attacker and a Liverpool attacker. Ditch Sigurdsson, Martial, Mahrez and Defoe and maybe even Mkhi. Get in Alli/Eriksen 2 of KDB, Salah, Jesus Kane.
Other than that it's perfect.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Need one last piece of advice (for now!)

----------------Foster-------------
Simpson------Trippier--------Luiz
KDB------Salah-----Alli------Rtichie
Lukaku------Lacazette------Rodriguez

Subs: Elliot--Mee--Rosenoir--Loftus-Cheek

OR

Simpson------Kolasinic--------Luiz
KDB------Salah-----Zaha------Rtichie
Lukaku---------Kane------Rodriguez

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm going all in on united and city for the opening game weeks. Alli, Forster and Ritchie out for De Bruyne, De Gea and Atsu.

I think both Manchester clubs will come flying out the blocks and the London clubs will start slow.

Prepared to wait on Spurs until at least gw3 where I will probably shit myself if don't have one of Kane or Alli.

SirMattBugsby

Need one last piece of advice (for now!)

Simpson------Trippier--------Luiz
KDB------Salah-----Alli------Rtichie
Lukaku------Lacazette------Rodriguez

OR

Simpson------Kolasinic--------Luiz
KDB------Salah-----Zaha------Rtichie
Lukaku---------Kane------Rodriguez

Latter option, definitely. Spurs might have a difficult start and Trippier is doubtful (haven't checked latest developments tbh). I don't have any Spurs player right now and am not too fussed about it.

Then again, you're speaking to a guy who has three Saints players in his squad :nervous:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Guys, what's the deal with Chelsea this season?

I am considering getting Willian or Pedro in my fantasy team, but a tad concerned over their playing time, especially when Hazard is back. Who is more nailed on?

Perhaps even Fabregas will be a better pick? Plenty of assists...

@duffer - any advice from a Chelsea fan would be appreciated here ;)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Guys, what's the deal with Chelsea this season?

I am considering getting Willian or Pedro in my fantasy team, but a tad concerned over their playing time, especially when Hazard is back. Who is more nailed on?

Perhaps even Fabregas will be a better pick? Plenty of assists...

@duffer - any advice from a Chelsea fan would be appreciated here ;)
Not a Chelsea fan but here's my two cents:

Fab will most likely make way for Bakayoko when he's fit.

Willian and Pedro might start at the beginning but will share game time when hazard is fit. Maybe bring in one or the other until hazard becomes available.

Having said that, I only have David Luiz from them as their defense is always reliable.

AgentP

Feeling good about about my team. Should I keep Mane or take him off for Dele Alli/Eriksen?

De Gea
Moreno----Kolasinic-----Cedric
Zaha----Mane----Salah----Atsu
Lukaku---Kane----Gabbiadini

Bench: Elliot, Daniels, Loftus-Cheek, Rangel​

Dazzmondo

Suddenly panicking about not having at least one of Eriksen or Alli. If Coutinho didn't have Barca after him I'd have been happy to choose him for start of season but had to switch to Salah. What do people think Salah, Eriksen, or Alli?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Suddenly panicking about not having at least one of Eriksen or Alli. If Coutinho didn't have Barca after him I'd have been happy to choose him for start of season but had to switch to Salah. What do people think Salah, Eriksen, or Alli?
Probably Salah at the start. Over the course of the season I suspect the latter two. I've got no Spurs either. Don't panic Mr Mannering

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
No Spurs including Kane? I'd never feel comfortable with that
Not a big deal for the first few games. They've got Chelsea in gw2 and I plan on wildcarding early anyway when it's settled down somewhat.

I plan to carry 2 transfers and add Kane or Alli in for the Burnley game in gw3 so I'll set my team up for the first 2 games accordingly.

Dazzmondo

Not a big deal for the first few games. They've got Chelsea in gw2 and I plan on wildcarding early anyway when it's settled down somewhat.

I plan to carry 2 transfers and add Kane or Alli in for the Burnley game in gw3 so I'll set my team up for the first 2 games accordingly.
Fair enough. I'm not intending on an early wildcard unless I get some major injuries

Billy Jim

@FC Ronaldo

'Moral Victors'

Here's mine:

Foster

Cahill Bellerin Bertrand

Shaqiri Zaha KDB Mane

Lukaku Firmino Chicharito

Perhaps a little defence heavy? Been considering ditching Cahill for someone cheaper and upgrading Shaqiri/Zaha. Also not sure if I'm going to suffer for not have two of Kane/Lukaku/Lacazette/Aguero/Jesus.

Last edited:

van Nistelrooy

Am I able to join the Fantasy League considering I'm a newbie?

I already have a team created.

Cantonaaa!

Feeling good about about my team. Should I keep Mane or take him off for Dele Alli/Eriksen?

De Gea
Moreno----Kolasinic-----Cedric
Zaha----Mane----Salah----Atsu
Lukaku---Kane----Gabbiadini

Bench: Elliot, Daniels, Loftus-Cheek, Rangel​
I'd take Alli/Eriksen over Mane any day, and you also have Salah. Bit risky if L'pool is shit from round 1, then your midfield looks pretty weak..
Mane is frustrating imo, as he can have dry spells and then suddenly when you sell him, he bags a hat-trick! Or so I remember last season..

Patchbeard

Pretty happy with the first 11 except for the one obvious 4.5

Fabianski
Trippier--Bertrand--Alonso
Willian--Alli--McArthur--De Bruyne--Knockaert
Lukaku-Kane

The bench is feckin dire as feck though.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Courtois
Daniels - TFM - Cedric
KDB - Alli - Salah - Zaha
Chico - Lukaku - Firmino​

Subs: Elliot, Loftus Cheek, Mee, Rangel

I'm reasonably confident. If TFM is a regular for Palace he will be a bargain for 4.5mil.

Edit: Joined the league, team name is 'Show Me Da Mané'

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Any of you reckon Jones is nailed on? Lindelof has looked crap so far but it's hard to tell who'll play each week at the back for United outwith Bailly and Valencia.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Forster
Valencia, Bertrand, Hegazi
Mane, KdB, Salah, Zaha
Benteke, Lukaku, Rodriguez

Elliot, Daniels, Carroll, Rangel.

Any comments?