g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Football 2017/18

AgentP

I'd take Alli/Eriksen over Mane any day, and you also have Salah. Bit risky if L'pool is shit from round 1, then your midfield looks pretty weak..
Mane is frustrating imo, as he can have dry spells and then suddenly when you sell him, he bags a hat-trick! Or so I remember last season..
My thinking was Liverpool usually start the season very well whereas Spurs are slow starters. So I thought I'd keep these two for now and as the season progresses, I'll shift to Alli and Erikson. But risking too much on Liverpool winning isn't the best idea for sure!

Cantonaaa!

My thinking was Liverpool usually start the season very well whereas Spurs are slow starters. So I thought I'd keep these two for now and as the season progresses, I'll shift to Alli and Erikson. But risking too much on Liverpool winning isn't the best idea for sure!
Good point.. I actually had Coutinho in but the barca stuff is worrying. Don't think he'll be sold this summer but maybe he's not 100% focused on Liverpool for the first few games.

BaillyBaillyBailly

Finally settled on the below:

---------------Forster-----------------
Bertrand----------Evans----------Luiz
KDB----Pogba----Willian----Milivojevic
Iheanacho--------Lukaku--------Kane

Subs: Elliot, Mesa, Cedric, Hunemeier

I just swapped in KDB for Alli

Any thoughts from anyone?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Suddenly panicking about not having at least one of Eriksen or Alli. If Coutinho didn't have Barca after him I'd have been happy to choose him for start of season but had to switch to Salah. What do people think Salah, Eriksen, or Alli?
I have Eriksen every season, he pops up with a fair few goals and his assists record is superb. I think Salah and Alli will do well but I couldn't manage to squeeze them in with my galacticos up top.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Finally settled on the below:

---------------Forster-----------------
Bertrand----------Evans----------Luiz
KDB----Pogba----Willian----Milivojevic
Iheanacho--------Lukaku--------Kane

Subs: Elliot, Mesa, Cedric, Hunemeier

I just swapped in KDB for Alli

Any thoughts from anyone?
Looks good. Is Evans fit?

kps88

All these Aurier rumours are giving me second thoughts on Valencia.

bushyzor

It says I don't have the privileges to view the thread with the login details :( Anyone willing to DM me the details? Have my team all set up and ready to dominate :devil:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
haha. Tinkered again.

Cedric > Francis
Darmian > Patrick Van Aarnholt
Atsu > James Ward Prowse

We saw it with Alonso last season. Wing backs in a 3-5-3 are the way to go.

Jordi

It says I don't have the privileges to view the thread with the login details :( Anyone willing to DM me the details? Have my team all set up and ready to dominate :devil:

I'm in the same boat, if someone could DM the league code it would be appreciated.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What's people's opinion on premium gk's?

Just looking at last years stats and obviously with Heaton coming out on top and the difference between say De Gea (£5.5m - 136 points) and Boruc (£4.5m - 120 points) it would probably seem wise to invest that £1m elsewhere.

Obviously you are guaranteed more clean sheets over the course of a season with Lloris, De Gea, Courtois etc... but that's countered by missing out on bonus points somewhat.

I think I might downgrade De Gea to Forster and bank the £0.5m so I have more flexibility with my GW2 transfer. I can upgrade Danilo if Mendy comes back in or take out Prowse for Ritchie for example.

Dazzmondo

I have Eriksen every season, he pops up with a fair few goals and his assists record is superb. I think Salah and Alli will do well but I couldn't manage to squeeze them in with my galacticos up top.
Yeah decided not to base it on fixtures. For 9/9.5 I really want a player that will be in my side all season. It's possible Salah could do that but it's a big if at this stage so I just went with Alli. I could potentially switch to Eriksen but I think I'm going to opt for Alli's goals instead of Eriksen's assists even though I'm sure both will end up with similar pts totals.

SteveTheRed

Just looking at last years stats and obviously with Heaton coming out on top and the difference between say De Gea (£5.5m - 136 points) and Boruc (£4.5m - 120 points) it would probably seem wise to invest that £1m elsewhere.

Obviously you are guaranteed more clean sheets over the course of a season with Lloris, De Gea, Courtois etc... but that's countered by missing out on bonus points somewhat.

I think I might downgrade De Gea to Forster and bank the £0.5m so I have more flexibility with my GW2 transfer. I can upgrade Danilo if Mendy comes back in or take out Prowse for Ritchie for example.
Last year I stuck with Heaton from day 1 pretty much. Don't see much value in the premium keepers for the start of the season. Money better spent.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah decided not to base it on fixtures. For 9/9.5 I really want a player that will be in my side all season. It's possible Salah could do that but it's a big if at this stage so I just went with Alli. I could potentially switch to Eriksen but I think I'm going to opt for Alli's goals instead of Eriksen's assists even though I'm sure both will end up with similar pts totals.
Fair choice. I like Eriksen for his corners but if Alli keeps banging them in I'll be fecking KDB off to get him in myself.

I'm not at all a fan of premium keepers, I usually like having two £4.5 guys who I know will start for not complete whipping boy teams. I also love jumping on the understudy if a really good team's keeper gets injured.

Jerch

I managed to put in a team KDB, Lukaku, Kane and Firminho and I am quite happy about others as well.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I've already tagged my name here weeks ago. How can i join the league? I'm a newbie.

@FC Ronaldo - Nachu Pichus

AkaAkuma

Heaton is the premium keeper. Keepers make more points on saves - that guy exceeds all others in that respect. Last season wasn't an anomaly, have a look at his points 3 seasons back.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've gone for:

Butland
Walker - Bailly - David Luiz
Mkhitaryan - Alli - Kante - Ritchie
Hernandez - Kane - Lukaku​

Bit top and defence heavy but thoughts?