Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Riz

Also brought in Pogba, he’s probably gunna start if fit now and we’ve got a relatively nice set of fixtures over the coming weeks. Hopefully continues to get in more advanced positions cause I need the midfield points badly.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I soar my dummy out and binned Sane, Sterling and Snodgrass. Brought in Pogba, Son and Hazard.
Hmmm. Selling all your City attackers at once when they have Southampton, Wolves, Huddersfield and Newcastle in their next five games may come back to bite you. Unless you think they're about to collapse those players are likely to return to scoring over that run. You'll also have to spend another transfer selling Son again in a few weeks as he departs for international duty.

Could easily work out for you but I'd have been a bit nore cautious, I think.

GledTheRed

Hmmm. Selling all your City attackers at once when they have Southampton, Wolves, Huddersfield and Newcastle in their next five games may come back to bite you. Unless you think they're about to collapse those players are likely to return to scoring over that run. You'll also have to spend another transfer selling Son again in a few weeks as he departs for international duty.

I've dropped like a.m stone mate. I'll just use the new year wildcard to reasses. The city attackers have done next to feck all for me, Ederson is next out.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Even if City smash a few teams, their points can come from anywhere as that team tends to share the points. One week Aguero will get a brace, the next will be Sterling then Sane etc.

At least the likes of Pogba and Hazard are more likely to be consistent.

IrishRedDevil

Really struggling making decisions for this round. I’ve just seen my Cup competitors team and it is very strong (scored 100 points last week) so I am up against it. He has some of the same players as me, and my one ‘advantage’ Aubameyang is playing Liverpool. Strangely neither of us have any Liverpool players and we both have Kane, Hazard, Richarlison, Digne but he has other inform players such as Alderweireld and F.Anderson, while I have Aubameyang and Kolasanic. I have Martial and he has both Pogba and Rashford.

:nervous:

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even if City smash a few teams, their points can come from anywhere as that team tends to share the points. One week Aguero will get a brace, the next will be Sterling then Sane etc.

At least the likes of Pogba and Hazard are more likely to be consistent.
Aye and if I was wildcarding it would be a different story as you can rearrange your team and funds as you like with no cost.

However moves like the ones above have a cost, in his case three precious free transfers and a -4 points deduction (assuming he doesn't use his second wildcard very early). It isn't just about whether his new players simply outscore his old players, they have to outscore them by enough to justify that cost of approx 16-ish points. Plus there's the potential opportunity cost of not addressing other issues that may exist in his team.

Given that City have those fixtures and someone like Sterling has managed to be the third highest scoring midfielder already (despite City sharing points as you say), I'd probably have taken a more patient approach towards getting rid of those City assets and reduced that cost. Maybe just get rid of one this week (immediately saving the -4 point hit this week), play the other against Southampton and reassess that second City player before the tougher Liverpool fixture.

Plus in general I wouldn't like selling three good attacking players in attacking teams on the week they have a good fixture as there's the potential for it to immediately bite you.

His moves could obviously still work out brilliantly and I could be proven entirely wrong, I probably just play more cautiously than he does.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Aye and if I was wildcarding it would be a different story as you can rearrange your team and funds as you like with no cost.

However moves like the ones above have a cost, in his case three precious free transfers and a -4 points deduction (assuming he doesn't use his second wildcard very early). It isn't just about whether his new players simply outscore his old players, they have to outscore them by enough to justify that cost of approx 16-ish points. Plus there's the potential opportunity cost of not addressing other issues that may exist in his team.

Given that City have those fixtures and someone like Sterling has managed to be the third highest scoring midfielder already (despite City sharing points as you say), I'd probably have taken a more patient approach towards getting rid of those City assets and reduced that cost. Maybe just get rid of one this week (immediately saving the -4 point hit this week), play the other against Southampton and reassess that second City player before the tougher Liverpool fixture.

Plus in general I wouldn't like selling three good attacking players in attacking teams on the week they have a good fixture as there's the potential for it to immediately bite you.

His moves could obviously still work out brilliantly and I could be proven entirely wrong, I probably just play more cautiously than he does.
Agree with most of this to be fair.

I did take the 4 point hit to replace Sane with Pogba because I really wanted to get in Kane. Had I waited, Kane's rise would have priced me out.

Now watch Pogba and Kane blank and Sane scores a brace :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Really struggling making decisions for this round. I’ve just seen my Cup competitors team and it is very strong (scored 100 points last week) so I am up against it. He has some of the same players as me, and my one ‘advantage’ Aubameyang is playing Liverpool. Strangely neither of us have any Liverpool players and we both have Kane, Hazard, Richarlison, Digne but he has other inform players such as Alderweireld and F.Anderson, while I have Aubameyang and Kolasanic. I have Martial and he has both Pogba and Rashford.

:nervous:
Get the feeling Rashford will start off bench today so hopefully that'll help you

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Getting Martial instead of Pogba last week is looking like a massive mistake. Few rumours he won’t be starting again.

Nickosaur

Gone with captain Kane. It was either him or Hazard, I just feel with the form Spurs are in they could run riot again today. If I had Son I'd be really tempted to give the armband to him.

Varun

Staff
Getting Martial instead of Pogba last week is looking like a massive mistake. Few rumours he won’t be starting again.
I wanted Pogba too but was lazy as feck and only went on to make the changes the next by when all of them had risen and Pogba was 0.1mil out of reach. Got in Martial but in the same boat as you, don't fancy the inevitable rotation even when he's fit.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I wanted Pogba too but was lazy as feck and only went on to make the changes the next by when all of them had risen and Pogba was 0.1mil out of reach. Got in Martial but in the same boat as you, don't fancy the inevitable rotation even when he's fit.
You see I could have picked either (got about 1.3m in the bank right now) but actually chose Martial as thought he would be the more explosive and consistent attacker. Not sure if that was incorrect or if it’s just unlucky.

I do think he’s a better goal scorer than Pogba and he’s often the most advanced player we have at times.

Obviously Pogba is looking fantastic though so looks like a bad judgement call.

Varun

Staff
You see I could have picked either (got about 1.3m in the bank right now) but actually chose Martial as thought he would be the more explosive and consistent attacker. Not sure if that was incorrect or if it’s just unlucky.

I do think he’s a better goal scorer than Pogba and he’s often the most advanced player we have at times.

I'd back Martial to give better returns per minute even now but given he's sure to be rotated while Pogba is a cert starter, I'd rather have Pogba.

IrishRedDevil

I have Martial and Sane, but I’m going to make the switch to Pogba and De Bruyne after this round. All thanks to downgrading Ederson to Fabianski.

I really like Martial and Sane, and of course they will score good points, but Pogba and De Bruyne are their teams best creators/players and they also take set pieces. I feel De Bruyne is going to have a big second half of the season and he doesn’t get rotated as much as the other City players. For 9.7, he is bound to be good value. Pogba will also start every game for United whereas I think Martial will be rotated more.

—————-—Fabianski
———-Digne - Luiz - A.Arnold
Pogba - Hazard - Richarlison- De Bruyne
——Kane - Aubameyang - Jimenez

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Where do these rumours come from?
Everywhere seemed to suggest he will start, so i'll be gutted (again) if he doesn't make it.

Having said that, I didn't realise I only had 0.1 in the bank so couldn't have gone Pogba anyway. (Couldn't do Wilson to Rashford as they're now about 0.3/0.4 apart)

May have to spice things up wild card wise soon as Salah-Kane-Alonso is too expensive.

So many options emerging that look capable of good returns like Pogba, Digne, Shaw, Hazard

Probably do 2 transfers for free next week, then look at it over the FA Cup break.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I went for Martial for this reasoning too. I think currently Pogba is the en vogue player because of his 2 goals. He won't score more than Martial on average though. Just an annoyance that Martial got this little cold!

IrishRedDevil

I went for Martial for this reasoning too. I think currently Pogba is the en vogue player because of his 2 goals. He won't score more than Martial on average though. Just an annoyance that Martial got this little cold!
But I would assume that Pogba will get plenty more assists and also take penalties? I would also say that Pogba will start almost every game, whereas Martial may be more of a rotation option. I currently have Martial, so I’m just weighing up the situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But I would assume that Pogba will get plenty more assists and also take penalties? I would also say that Pogba will start almost every game, whereas Martial may be more of a rotation option. I currently have Martial, so I’m just weighing up the situation.
Potentially yes, although no guarantee on the pens - Lingard took one v Cardiff with Pogba on the pitch for instance.

A lot of it depends on how Sanchez gets back involved. Will he mess up Martial's starting spot, or will he play on the right? Or will we change formation. Massive decisions for Ole!
I expect Rashford to lose his place to Lukaku at some stage, unlike seemingly most of this forum, who think we'll use a 75m man with many years of 20 league goals a year as some sort of backup!

IrishRedDevil

Kane is only in 33% of teams. That’s crazy.

Surely he is a must-have player now, considering Spurs form, his own personal form, and the favourable fixture list he has ahead.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Surely he is a must-have player now, considering Spurs form, his own personal form, and the favourable fixture list he has ahead.
Owned by 65% of the top 10k though, which is probably a better yardstick given it excludes teams who have already given up.

I think it's more remarkable that the current PL top scorer is only owned by 35% both overall and in the top 10k.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sick of the guy above me putting the same players in as me.

He's expensive and people have packed midfields. Sterling was must have a few weeks ago and people are trying to get Salah in. Also Auba has more points over the last 4 games (excluding this gw obvs)

IrishRedDevil

He's expensive and people have packed midfields. Sterling was must have a few weeks ago and people are trying to get Salah in. Also Auba has more points over the last 4 games (excluding this gw obvs)
With Spurs second in the league, in great form, and Kane being the main man, I just couldn’t look past him, especially with the good fixtures.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
With Spurs second in the league, in great form, and Kane being the main man, I just couldn’t look past him, especially with the good fixtures.
I'm torn on bringing him or Salah in. Kane would be in for Rashford which is annoying as I just brought him in, or Salah for Fraser. My mate doesn't have Salah though so fancy the differential if it goes that way

ROFLUTION

Mr Deulofeu with an assist :drool: looks like a low scoring round

20 points from only 3 players to have played yet :drool:

Last edited: