g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Why would people make transfers before the end of the gameweek?! Injuries can happen.

Surely the night before/morning of the gameweek is the best time to do it.

redmanc

Lacazette out means Fraser in, i'm ok with that, just a shame first place in my league had Kolasinac on the bench who also gets Fraser in, FML.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why would people make transfers before the end of the gameweek?! Injuries can happen.

Surely the night before/morning of the gameweek is the best time to do it.
There's value to be gained early season,but even then it's a risk.

A guy at our work is always doing early stuff and gets burnt a couple of times a season at least.
He brought kane in about a day before his ankle went! And for -4, so it became a -8!

kps88

Starting to think the Bench Boost this week isn't worth it. I've got two Brighton players and Deeney on my bench. Maybe I TC now and bench boost the following week when Brighton have Newcastle at home.

klsv

The worst GW this season. Survived the blanks remaining in top 10k and now an absolute butcher job. Thankfuly I still have my BB and TC, no idea when to use them, though.

ROFLUTION

God I hate chasing. 70 points from my colleague now, and the cap has been constantly growing the last 4 weeks, despite me having the upper hand with FH, wildcard and what not..

Terrible to have to pick players other than the normal favorites.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Starting to think the Bench Boost this week isn't worth it. I've got two Brighton players and Deeney on my bench. Maybe I TC now and bench boost the following week when Brighton have Newcastle at home.
I did transfer out Ryan earlier but now I am starting to think the same. I can leave Duffy and Deeney on the bench for this GW and play the TC on Jimenez/Son/KdB/Eriksen. Or even on one of the Pool players.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
If your wildcard team is fairly template ... (Jimenez, Aguero, Deeney, Sterling, Mane/Salah, Son, Eriksen, cheapy Wolves/Soton/Watford mid, Brighton defence, Robertson/TAA, Laporte, Soton mid, decent backup GK) then yeah the fixtures in GW36 actually should look pretty tasty for BB too. Brighton have Newcastle at home who aren't exactly big scorers so you might want to hold on to the likes of Duffy/Dunk/Ryan even.

Obviously Deeney needs to go and if you don't have any extra cash in the bank the pickings are pretty slim. Like for like in Gray or a punt on sicknote Ings look the best bet. I guess then you have to weigh up the value of using those players in 35 or 36. Let's say I took Gray then for me my bench would be...

35 vs 36
Foster (HUD/SOT) (WOL)
Duffy (wol/tot) (NEW)
Dunk (wol/tot) (NEW)
Gray (HUD/SOT) (WOL)

I wouldn't expect much from those Watford players in 36 tbh and Brighton could blow hot or cold. Looking at that I'd probably take a -4 to shift Dunk or Duffy to someone with a better chance of returns in 35 and go with that.

Also, there's still a slim chance that the Deeney red is rescinded, not to mention the greater chance that someone get's injured in the European games this week to make things even worse so I won't be doing anything rash.

ROFLUTION

If your wildcard team is fairly template ... (Jimenez, Aguero, Deeney, Sterling, Mane/Salah, Son, Eriksen, cheapy Wolves/Soton/Watford mid, Brighton defence, Robertson/TAA, Laporte, Soton mid, decent backup GK) then yeah the fixtures in GW36 actually should look pretty tasty for BB too. Brighton have Newcastle at home who aren't exactly big scorers so you might want to hold on to the likes of Duffy/Dunk/Ryan even.

Obviously Deeney needs to go and if you don't have any extra cash in the bank the pickings are pretty slim. Like for like in Gray or a punt on sicknote Ings look the best bet. I guess then you have to weigh up the value of using those players in 35 or 36. Let's say I took Gray then for me my bench would be...

35 vs 36
Foster (HUD/SOT) (WOL)
Duffy (wol/tot) (NEW)
Dunk (wol/tot) (NEW)
Gray (HUD/SOT) (WOL)

I wouldn't expect much from those Watford players in 36 tbh and Brighton could blow hot or cold. Looking at that I'd probably take a -4 to shift Dunk or Duffy to someone with a better chance of returns in 35 and go with that.

Also, there's still a slim chance that the Deeney red is rescinded, not to mention the greater chance that someone get's injured in the European games this week to make things even worse so I won't be doing anything rash.
What's the story with Ings? Can we know if he's ready for 2 games? Haven't followed up on how he's coming back, but seems a bit risky given his 160 minutes in 10 games

SteveTheRed

I was going to bring in Deeney, but will settle for Gray - nice fixtures to get on the scoresheet.

fecking captaining Duffy...what was I thinking.

Mighty Boosh

Thoughts on this team please, in a close run thing in my friends money league so any help would be appreciated. Thinking I may just bank or could swap out Guaita for Gunn the Southampton GK but willing to listen to any ideas!

Guaita
Laporte TAA Robertson
Redmond Deulofeu Pogba Salah
Rashford Aguero Lacazette

Subs: Tielemans, Duffy, AWB

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Watford have such a good double, but their main options look so risky.

Deeney obviously out for both.
Gray looks so little a threat

Deulofeu big injury risk, as are their other mids.
Holebas similar.

Hmm. Might be best swerved unless Deulo is declared properly fit.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Nice trolling from Brighton. Despite all that I kind of survived that week with 58 points.

Deeney obviously has to go unless there's a successful appeal and I'm contemplating a hit to remove one of Statler or Waldorf.

Obviously close eye on City and Spurs tonight before any major moves.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Chuffed that I had 62 points despite having Dunk as captain (total of 2 points over 2 games with captain double taken into account).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
31 points haha. Feck's sake. Had clawed my way back to nearly 40 points off top spot going in to the dgw with the ML leader not having their wildcard. Now 90 again.

Varun

Staff
I am playing my Wildcard.

I am thinking to hold on to my Liverpool players, who only play once this GW.

Hold on, I can't play bench boost with WC active? Why can't I play bench boost?
1 card per gw, this is why the wc had to be done last week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am playing my Wildcard.

I am thinking to hold on to my Liverpool players, who only play once this GW.

Hold on, I can't play bench boost with WC active? Why can't I play bench boost?
Imagine how easy this game would be if you could combine those 2 chips in one game week!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Right then.

I have Mane, Hazard, Pogba in midfield. Two with easy singles, Pogba with a double.

Also have Milo the Palace lad, and Vardy up front who could be shifted.

Who is essential? Son? Sterling? I have Aguero n Jiminez too.

Nickosaur

Yo im looking at my squad and thinking - is this really the best week to play bench boost? Despite most of my players having 2 fixtures, I can't see my current bench of Ryan, Dunk, TAA and Vardy doing much.

Sure TAA would probably get a clean sheet, Vardy might get a return away to WHU, but Ryan and Dunk could net 0 or minus points.

Really considering player bench boost next week instead...