Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maddison or Fraser?
Brought Fraser in this week, and "May" look at Maddison in for Milo of Palace this week. He was a beast last year, with 10 goals, but they don't seem to be in the penalties this year. Richarlison is the other one I'd re-look at. He was a sensational starting player, and had risen 0.2 or 0.3 until that dreaded red card derailed him. Back to 6.6 now though.

Vestegaard, who at 6ft 6 and with a goalscoring pedigree, I'd thought was worth a go, or Milo, my main guys to take out.

Bigger need, than with Salah, despite him playing Chelsea away next. He's still getting an assist or goal every week (bar one in 6)

Nickosaur

72 points. In the top 3.5k.

Think I need to start looking at my team value - Mendy is looking like dropping, as is Ralls (no idea why I've still got him). Considering taking a hit to get in Trippier and Hojiberg... Thoughts?

Neo_Mufc

So my Lukaku risk didn't pay off. I've bought in Richarlison for Kante.

I'll give Luks one more chance against West Ham (I don't think he's going to do much) but I will then bring in Vardy. Leicester have such a great run of games coming up and I think he might be the star man to get lots of points during this period.

roseguy64

I would say the change would be beneficial but personally, your team is too attack heavy. You dont have any of the premium defenders (Mendy, Alonso, Robertson or Trippier) and you probably need Hazard in there also.

Maybe drop Lukaku for someone cheaper and upgrade Pedro to Hazard?
I've always preferred getting points with midfielders and forwards.

Brinky

24th September

Risers (2)

• Boly Wolves £4.6
  • Højbjerg Southampton £4.5

Fallers (9)

• Kamara Fulham £4.4
  • McCarthy Everton £4.4
  • Jagielka Everton £4.3
  • Gibson Burnley £4.8
  • Lindegaard Burnley £4.4
  • Walters Burnley £4.8
  • Ward Burnley £4.8
  • Daniels Bournemouth £4.3
  • Mkhitaryan Arsenal £7.0

Brinky

61 points this GW, unfortunately had Fabianski on the bench with 11 points :( down to 4.3k overall now. My entire midfield 4 blanked, thankfully saved by back 3 getting clean sheets and all the front 3 scoring.

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
72 points. In the top 3.5k.

Think I need to start looking at my team value - Mendy is looking like dropping, as is Ralls (no idea why I've still got him). Considering taking a hit to get in Trippier and Hojiberg... Thoughts?
Not bad. Spurs have a comfortable run of games in the next 3. Hojbjorg is a good rotation option.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thinking of taking a punt on Vardy up top...

Skåre Willoch

63 points, decent, but not very good. Still green arrows across the board, and sneaking into top 45k!

Saving my FT this week I think, as I don't know how to improve the WC team just yet. Richarlison -> Maddison is just a sideways switch, and is a toss up for the next match anyway. Maybe Richarlison -> Pogba, but that'll have to wait anyway.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Erggh 49. First gw under average (52). 5 blanks including Cook with an actual 0.

Thankfully still the second highest in my main mini league.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
63 points, decent, but not very good. Still green arrows across the board, and sneaking into top 45k!

Saving my FT this week I think, as I don't know how to improve the WC team just yet. Richarlison -> Maddison is just a sideways switch, and is a toss up for the next match anyway. Maybe Richarlison -> Pogba, but that'll have to wait anyway.
You wanna take Richarlison out? I've just put him in.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
55 points but overall pretty happy. Wan-Bissaka had 9 on the bench while Shaw had 1 in the first team, could have done better here.

I need to take Mendy out as he'll be injured for a while, thought about getting Trippier but he could be heavily rotated with Aurier. There's really not that much I can do.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
55 points but overall pretty happy. Wan-Bissaka had 9 on the bench while Shaw had 1 in the first team, could have done better here.

I need to take Mendy out as he'll be injured for a while, thought about getting Trippier but he could be heavily rotated with Aurier. There's really not that much I can do.
I think most have gone for Trippier. I've done the same myself and considered Laporte and Smalling who tbf could be rotated too. At least with Bennett and AWB there's decent cheap cover available if he does miss the odd game. I guess Vertonghen is the only really nailed way into the Spurs defence but he rarely gets any attacking returns and I want a defender that carries a threat. Clean sheets are a bonus.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think most have gone for Trippier. I've done the same myself and considered Laporte and Smalling who tbf could be rotated too. At least with Bennett and AWB there's decent cheap cover available if he does miss the odd game. I guess Vertonghen is the only really nailed way into the Spurs defence but he rarely gets any attacking returns and I want a defender that carries a threat. Clean sheets are a bonus.
Maybe I'll give it a couple of weeks to see how severe is Mendy's injury. Some reports are saying he could be back within a week and some have it as distant as 2-3 months. Seems like nobody has a clue.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Maybe I'll give it a couple of weeks to see how severe is Mendy's injury. Some reports are saying he could be back within a week and some have it as distant as 2-3 months. Seems like nobody has a clue.
Yeah, ideally I'd wait but the guy in my ML has already put Trippier in and I can't have him getting further ahead at this stage. Still got the money to bring him back if need be.

AgentP

Mendy's value is going to drop again by tomorrow. If he doesn't play in the weekend, it will drop again. So I feel it's better to make a swap now because bringing him back in the future would cost the same as the price we sold him for.

AgentP

So I have Robertson, Mane, Alonso and Hazard in my team. Do I bench a few for the weekend match or just play them all and hope for a high scoring game?

coolredwine

lameredboots
So I have Robertson, Mane, Alonso and Hazard in my team. Do I bench a few for the weekend match or just play them all and hope for a high scoring game?
The latter. I have 5 and I hope all of them score in a 3-3 draw.

Knowing my luck, it would be a 1-1 and all 5 players would return a solid 2 points!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
The players you mention there are the top / elite players in FPL, would be madness to bench them as any of them could score 10+ points

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Zaha > Lacazette? FT and got the right money.

Ederson
Alonso Robertson Trippier
Hazard Mane Maddison Fraser
Aguero Lacazette Wilson

Subs: AWB Bennett Guendouzi
I have Aubameyang, but I'm tempted to swap for Lacazette as he's cheaper and seems to play more in the middle.
Think I need to be sure that Emery doesn't drop Lacazette to the bench again and plays one up top.

James Peril

That's bound to happen over the season, impossible to plan it perfectly. Keep as is and just hope for some of them to deliver. You need 7-ish players to deliver to get a good score in a GW, so no problem in 1-2 of these not doing it. Robertson and Alonso can both score assists/goals without keeping a blank at the back.

Varun

Staff
You don't have them for clean sheets anyway so yeah, keep them and hope for a 6-7 loss for Pool

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
I took Lucas Moura out this week for Bernardo Silva, so my team is now

----------------Ederson--
Wan B ----- Robertson ------ trippier
Hazard - B Silva - Mane ---- Fraser --
Mitrovic ------ Aguero ----- Zaha

Probably next free transfer I will use is Zaha out for someone

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I've just put him in as well, which is why I'm reluctant to get on the Maddison train already. Want them both, but went for Richarlison with the wildcard.
Well then chill out man. You wanted an instant return against Arsenal? S'why I waited a week. I still expect him to eventually end up playing as a striker as nobody else seems to be able to hit a cows arse with a banjo...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do I keep my Salah + Maddison or shift to Kane + Moura?

Brinky

25th September

Risers (6)

• Trippier Spurs £6.1
  • Maddison Leicester £6.8
  • Mitrovic Fulham £7.0
  • Wan-Bissaka £4.3
  • Hazard Chelsea £11.0
  • Fraser Bournemouth £5.9

Fallers (11)

• Masuaku West Ham Midfielder £4.4
  • Dahlberg Watford Goalkeeper £4.4