Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Trippier rises and Mendy falls one day after I make the transfer!

ROFLUTION

I can see Salah getting plenty of chances/counter-attacks against Chelsea, so not shipping him out. Chelsea could be grasping for a plan-b, when their pivot Jorginho gets pressed from all sides.

SteveTheRed

So I fecked up waiting to transfer Mendy, should I bother or wait and see...I can afford one more drop?

Also what's peoples thoughts of Ramsey > Maddison? I really like Maddison but just deciding who should leave for him. Current midfield is Hazard - D.Silva - L.Moura - Ramsey - Mane

Could give Ramsey another week.

coolredwine

lameredboots
So I fecked up waiting to transfer Mendy, should I bother or wait and see...I can afford one more drop?

Also what's peoples thoughts of Ramsey > Maddison? I really like Maddison but just deciding who should leave for him. Current midfield is Hazard - D.Silva - L.Moura - Ramsey - Mane

Could give Ramsey another week.
Ramsey -> Maddison is a sideways transfer, if you ask me. Ramsey is playing in No 10 position and Arsenal have decent fixtures coming up. So don't see any real reason to spend a FT on him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm looking a taking a hit to get Richarlison back in this week. Could do it without one and swap for Maddison but I want to keep him too. I think he could go mad against a very open looking Fulham team at Goodison.

keno555

Supports
Real Madrid
I am a new member I am writtig for the first time. My team looks like this:

Hennessey-Speroni
Bennet-Shaw-Robertson-AWB-Laporte
Hazard-Richarlison-Fraser-Mane-Sterling
Aguero-Mitrovic-Joselu
In the bank: 0.8

I don't have FT, because I used it for Laporte IN Mendy OUT.
After this weekend I have two options:
1. Sterling, Joselu OUT-Hudson Odoi, Kane IN
2. Sterling, Joselu OUT- Moura, Lacazette IN

Your thoughts?

Brinky

26th September

Risers (1)

• Gündogan Man City £5.6

Fallers (9)

• Arnautovic West Ham £6.9
  • Rondón Newcastle £5.8
  • Bailly Man Utd £5.2
  • Fabri Fulham 4.4
  • Tosun Everton £6.8
  • Pickford Everton £4.9
  • Ward Crystal Palace £4.3
  • Milivojevic Crystal Palace £6.2
  • Townsend Crystal Palace £5.8

Skåre Willoch

Hennessey-Speroni
Aguero-Mitrovic-Joselu

Your thoughts?
I would just leave it as is for now really. Save up to 2 FTs, unless injuries or something like that happens. You have 5 nailed on, and good, defenders. Your midfield is really good, with all three of Chelsea, Liverpool and Shitty in the line up. Two very good striker options as well.

Kane scored this weekend, but looked the opposite of good. Why jump on him now, and take a -4 for it? Mouras spot is also unsure now that Son is back. I honestly don't see any benefit of shaking things up with a team like that. Not yet, at least.

You have so many different formations to play, and great rotation. Have you used your wildcard? If not, kudos!

Skåre Willoch

I'm thinking of benching both TAA (A, Chelsea) and Alonso (H, Liverpool) this weekend, in favor of Bennett (H, Southampton) and Obi Wan Bissaka (A, Bournemouth). Yay or nay?

I can bench Fraser instead, to get either TAA or Alonso back in, but Fraser is playing Crystal Palace at home. Maybe he's started to cool down, but it's still less risk than playing TAA or Alonso, no?

klsv

I'm thinking of benching both TAA (A, Chelsea) and Alonso (H, Liverpool) this weekend, in favor of Bennett (H, Southampton) and Obi Wan Bissaka (A, Bournemouth). Yay or nay?

I can bench Fraser instead, to get either TAA or Alonso back in, but Fraser is playing Crystal Palace at home. Maybe he's started to cool down, but it's still less risk than playing TAA or Alonso, no?
TAA, maybe. Alonso, nope. He's so attacking that a clean sheet is just one of the reasons to have him starting. An assist or a goal is as likely for him as is for any other attacking Chelsea player except for Hazard. Who is your fifth defender?

Skåre Willoch

TAA, maybe. Alonso, nope. He's so attacking that a clean sheet is just one of the reasons to have him starting. An assist or a goal is as likely for him as is for any other attacking Chelsea player except for Hazard. Who is your fifth defender?
The fifth defender is Shaw, away against West Ham.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

I have this exact same issue. Won't drop Alonso, man is an assist machine.

TAA away to Chelsea probably should be dropped
Bennett playing at home so is tempting
Beastaka is a bonus points magnet and playing on a Monday so can give me something to look forward to...

not sure which one should come in...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So, my squad is like this

Foster-begovic
Boly-TAA-Tarkowski-Mawson-Cedric
Salah-Maddison-mane-Fraser-richarlison
Aguero-mitrovic
-deeney

Thoughts? I just dumped Lukaku for Augero this week on FT

Next moves I’m considering swapping keeper for Hart as he’s doing well points wise and bringing in that young CPFC fullback wan bissaka

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
McCarthy

WanBissaka Trippier Walker

Lucas Fraser Mane Hazard

Ings Aguero Aubemeyang

Subs: TAA, Hojberg, Daniels, Foster.

I'm torn on what to do regarding Liverpool-Chelsea fix.

Skåre Willoch

So, my squad is like this

Foster-begovic
Boly-TAA-Tarkowski-Mawson-Cedric
Salah-Maddison-mane-Fraser-richarlison
Aguero-mitrovic
-deeney

Thoughts? I just dumped Lukaku for Augero this week on FT

Next moves I’m considering swapping keeper for Hart as he’s doing well points wise and bringing in that young CPFC fullback wan bissaka

Thoughts?
I would consider revamping the backline. The only player you have from the good teams is TAA. Imho you need at least two or three players from the top teams (Shitty, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, United) represented in the backline (including GK). Also, adding another good defender gives you more flexibility, as you are kind of bound to play 3-5-2 right now.

ROFLUTION

Hennessey-Speroni
Aguero-Mitrovic-Joselu

Your thoughts?
You have a very good team already. Wouldn't go for Moura as I think he'll get subbed more from now on that Son is back and Lamela has hit some goals lately.

Personally I think Sterling is great to have as long as he plays. He's consistent. I'd probably try and sub out Hazard/Mane+1 to get in Kane+1, if he's the one you want.

Skåre Willoch

I have this exact same issue. Won't drop Alonso, man is an assist machine.

TAA away to Chelsea probably should be dropped
Bennett playing at home so is tempting
Beastaka is a bonus points magnet and playing on a Monday so can give me something to look forward to...

not sure which one should come in...
I'll probably spend way to much time thinking about this, make my final decision a minute before the deadline, and end up with 18 points on the bench. That's usually how it goes, at least.

SteveTheRed

Transferred out Mendy > Laporte and already thinking it was wasteful, Mendy will probably play at the weekend and I'll spend the next few weeks trying to get him back in!

Tarrou

Transferred out Mendy > Laporte and already thinking it was wasteful, Mendy will probably play at the weekend and I'll spend the next few weeks trying to get him back in!
It might not be a bad move anyway. Citey have the us, the scousers and Spurs in the next six, with UCL matches in between so a player like Mendy is a prime candidate to be rested. He's a bit of a defensive liability too, so could even be rotated with Delph to provide better defensive cover.

Jambo037

Is it worth the risk to captain Salah when I have Aguero in my team? Thinking 99% of my league will captain Kun and I need a differential!

What are your captain choices this week?

Brinky

27th September

Risers (1)

• Lacazette Arsenal £9.5

Fallers (9)

• Quina Watford £4.4
  • Elyounoussi Southampton £6.3
  • Christie Fulham £4.3
  • Jorginho Chelsea £5.1
  • Groß Brighton £6.7

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can't even be arsed watching risers and fallers now. Too much going on.
Has it always been like this?

ROFLUTION

Can't even be arsed watching risers and fallers now. Too much going on.
Has it always been like this?
I believe acting on the prices gave me a good advantage last year which just made me win my league..

But it is as if the players rise really early this year, so you have to act even before a gameweek has ended, which is a bit annoying and throws me off a bit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I believe acting on the prices gave me a good advantage last year which just made me win my league..

But it is as if the players rise really early this year, so you have to act even before a gameweek has ended, which is a bit annoying and throws me off a bit.
I'm on 102.5 worth at the mo, so have some advantage. I'd have to be taking hits to get the most of out changes now and I said I wouldn't do that much this year, as it's cost me in the past.

ROFLUTION

I'm on 102.5 worth at the mo, so have some advantage. I'd have to be taking hits to get the most of out changes now and I said I wouldn't do that much this year, as it's cost me in the past.
Ah yea, same conundrum I'm in.. Yet I've done it, but mostly because players like Mendy would have had to be subbed anyways. Or Tosun is not a sure-starter.

I've subbed way too much this year due to taking too much chance on United-defence in the beginning (who didnt play)

Also I spent way too much free-time last year on FPL - so decided to just get it over early in the week with my subs so I don't speculate too much.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is it worth the risk to captain Salah when I have Aguero in my team? Thinking 99% of my league will captain Kun and I need a differential!

Yeah Aguero for me too. Don't have Salah anyway so not an option for me. Thinking of getting him in after the City game depending on how Mane/Hazard/Dilva do over the next few. Team for the weekend is...

Patricio
Alonso - Robertson - Trippier
Hazard - Mane - Richarlison - Dilva
Wilson - Mitrovic (vc) - Aguero (c)

Subs: Foster - Fraser - Bennett - AWB

SSSSnake

Go with Salah! Need to think outside the box and take a risk

AlexUTD

It is a long season,why take the risk? Salah has a much tougher fixture than Aguero.

I have Aguero as captain but i am tempted to captain Kane since his numbers are improving and he also have a good fixture.