Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Nickosaur

0.1 away from my dream move. Had I done it earlier this week I would have been fine.

All moves to free up funds feel stupid since I remove players I want to keep.
Maybe, but it's going to be so important to wait until the deadline to do transfers this season. You will be rewarded for waiting over the course of the season.

luke511

Anyone cautious that Bruno might not see a full 90 mins or dare I say even rested at the weekend?

Leipzig is a must qualify game.

Thinking about my captain choice and I brought in Vardy last week. I captained him against Fulham :( and I'm tempted to go again against Sheffield Utd.
I reckon Bruno and VDB will both be starting, so less likely he'll get subbed off hopefully. I'm keeping him as my captain.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Who are City likely to field against the cannon fodder Fulham at home? Likes of Mahrez, Foden, Silva, Gundogan, etc are in and out sort of men.

Paul_Scholes18

Maybe, but it's going to be so important to wait until the deadline to do transfers this season. You will be rewarded for waiting over the course of the season.
Totally agree. I have waited every week for the last day. The plan is recent anyway and I would not have made it before the Villa-Newcastle news.
Just a little bad luck here with 0.1 difference. I knew KDB would go up at some point and I was sure to get him in some way.

I think selling Justin to get those 0.1 might make most sense. He looks to not keep his place in the future and I save myself a future transfer on him.
Just Sheffield is ideal fixture for him so do not really want to make the move right now.

Paul_Scholes18

Who are City likely to field against the cannon fodder Fulham at home? Likes of Mahrez, Foden, Silva, Gundogan, etc are in and out sort of men.
I think Jesus, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling/Torres will start. Expect similar team that played Burnley, but who knows with Pep.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yes and no. If you have a reasonably deep team you should be able to get 11 players most of the time. Value has been going up quite quickly this year some players have already gained 0.5+ which makes it worthwhile to move early. My team will approach 106.0 soon. Jota has gone up 0.3m in 7 days.

Moby

Dick
Yes and no. If you have a reasonably deep team you should be able to get 11 players most of the time. Value has been going up quite quickly this year some players have already gained 0.5+ which makes it worthwhile to move early. My team will approach 106.0 soon. Jota has gone up 0.3m in 7 days.
I think if there was ever a season where TV mattered very little it is this.

RedDevil@84

Any suggestions for a dead cheap defender (4.5M or less) who gets to play games and make ok-ish points

Paul_Scholes18

I am thinking of doing Coufal to Balbuena to free up 0.1 that allow me to get KDB.
Silly move or worth it?

All other moves involve removing a player I want for the next 1-2 games for someone I want less basically.

luke511

Having one solid forward/midfield sub like jota/bamford/watkins makes it a lot easier for you to make early transfers to get the value, in case of any random injuries. That's my tactic this year anyway!

luke511

Surely VDB will not start?
How come? He didn't start mid week, so unless it's his swollen ankIe I would've thought Bruno and VDB would be starting together like vs Southampton. Rashford is also injured so the front 3 will probably be Martial Fernandes Cavani with 3 midfielders including VDB behind, or Martial Cavani Greenwood with Fernandes VDB Fred/McTominay.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Any suggestions for a dead cheap defender (4.5M or less) who gets to play games and make ok-ish points
Kilman, Targett (not playing this gw), Bednarek.
Dallas plays in midfield sometimes too but has been underwhelming for fpl in my opinion.

Leonzo1

Kilman, Targett (not playing this gw), Bednarek.
Dallas plays in midfield sometimes too but has been underwhelming for fpl in my opinion.
1 blank in his last 5 game weeks. 3 clean sheets and a goal is hardly overwhelming for a 4.5 defender.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think if there was ever a season where TV mattered very little it is this.
Why?

There are many assets who were clearly very underpriced from the beginning. Probably more than the average.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Explored the option of how to deal with 3 Villa players and the best bet might simply be moving Martinez to Mendy.
Costs 0.5m and I have 1.1m in the bank, which still allows my intended De Bruyne to Salah transfer next week - as long as I monitor the price changes!

McCarthy is another option without touching the 1.1m but Chelsea have to be a better bet to have coverage for longer term right?
Mendy has 5 clean sheets from his 6 games.
A few awkward looking aways to come though - Wolves Everton and Arsenal in the next 5.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

I have
Foden, Grealish, Mane, Fernandes & Oriol Romeu
Mitrovic, Calvert-Lewin, Kane

Considering substituting Foden & Grealish for Mahrez & Jorginho.
Any thoughts? Have 2 free transfers.
Don't get Jorginho. He rarely playing nowadays. Plenty of better options.
If you want a cheaper midfield alternative, then maybe that Southampton guy with good crossing and set-piece skill (forgettable name).

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am sitting with Kilman in a back 4, knowing that is the right thing to do, because it’s only a week and players blank all the time (don’t have a bench option that plays)

Why do I find it so hard to not take the -4 and make a change? :lol:

I have no self control

But I know that I could make back two points changing Watkins to a starter, probably. And if you pick someone who scores...

Paul_Scholes18

Thinking about selling Justin. Pretty poor time to do it, but I don't think he will be nailed for long.
Any ideas about that move?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I think Jesus, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling/Torres will start. Expect similar team that played Burnley, but who knows with Pep.
Yes just used my free hit card to chuck three of them in. Mahrez, Torres, and Jesus not risk captaining any of them though you never with Peps lineup.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Thinking about selling Justin. Pretty poor time to do it, but I don't think he will be nailed for long.
I've got him in just for this free hit week, Leicester will soon have Ricardo back.
Why no De Bruyne?
Too pricey already got Kane & Salah. He hasn't scored since opening game either the others have, Mahrez tends to do it at home against these bottom teams too.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone know whether Lloris will start against Arsenal? Spurs are leaving it late in the day here, FPL have not got him down as an injury doubt but reports are saying he will the miss the match and Joe hart will play.

Paul_Scholes18

I've got him in just for this free hit week, Leicester will soon have Ricardo back.

Too pricey already got Kane & Salah. He hasn't scored since opening game either the others have, Mahrez tends to do it at home against these bottom teams too.
Alright, but De Bruyne feels more safe. Not sure about Salah vs Wolves nor if Kane is fully fit.
I think I have to make one move to free up money for De Bruyne and I expect I will have to sell Justin in the future so saves me a transfer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As long as you have at least 3 other starting defenders, he's probably not a priority?
Just monitor it. See how it pans out for now.

Nickosaur

He's been decent this season, will be very harsh if he's dropped.
He has been decent. But when Pereira and Castagne back, Rodgers has said Leicester go back to a 442. Sadly he doesn't get into their first XI when fit. He's still a good choice for week or two until everyone is back.

United58

Ryan - Martin

KWP - Konsa - Zouma - Mitchell - Lamptey

Fernandes - Son - Salah - Zaha - Grealish

Kane - DCL - Davis​

Nothing in the bank. Team feels very meh. Might hold off on transfers so I get a double next week, but is there anything I desperately need to be doing?

GledTheRed

He has been decent. But when Pereira and Castagne back, Rodgers has said Leicester go back to a 442. Sadly he doesn't get into their first XI when fit. He's still a good choice for week or two until everyone is back.
Yeah them two are better tbf, can't imagine he will be happy being sub for long however.

Paul_Scholes18

As long as you have at least 3 other starting defenders, he's probably not a priority?
Just monitor it. See how it pans out for now.
That would be my plan, but I need the cash for KDB.

I feel I have been too much short sighted recently getting Bruno, Vardy and now KDB all as captains for the week I am getting them.

Justin out is a more christmas friendly move for a nailed on player like Dallas or Bednarek.

Last edited:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ryan - Martin

KWP - Konsa - Zouma - Mitchell - Lamptey

Fernandes - Son - Salah - Zaha - Grealish

Kane - DCL - Davis​

Nothing in the bank. Team feels very meh. Might hold off on transfers so I get a double next week, but is there anything I desperately need to be doing?
Not much wrong with it but the plan should be probably ditching Zaha to put a bit more funds into the defence. I'd be thinking either Jota or freeing up a fair bit with Soucek

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Against my better judgement I'm playing Pep roulette again. Said to myself I'm gonna take more risks now and have fun with it.

Cancelo and Foden out for Vestergard and Mahrez. Arm band on Mahrez.

Guiata

Vestergard / Lamptey / Zouma

Mahrez / Bruno / Son / Ziyech

Kane / Vardy / DCL

Dallas first sub.

Next week another -4 to get Salah in and captain him. Ziyech and Vardy to Salah and Bamford.

United58

Not much wrong with it but the plan should be probably ditching Zaha to put a bit more funds into the defence. I'd be thinking either Jota or freeing up a fair bit with Soucek
Thanks, Zaha's been awful for a while :lol: He's definitely going to be the one to go. I'm going to keep an eye on Son/Kane for Spurs too - once Jose gets some injures or fatigue they'll stumble badly