Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I have two free transfers for my team.

Martinez Ryan

Konsa Justin KWP Chillwell Mitchell

KDB Bruno Salah Souciek Barkley

Kane DCL Brewster

Konsa’s been annoyingly out for two games where I’d have had two cleansheets from him.
Mitchell no longer plays.
Barkley is just about returning to fitness.
Brewster never does anything.

I have about 0.4 in the bank. Two free transfers. What says you experts? I feel like brining in West Ham players.
Dropping Kane to Vardy is very tempting to get some funds.

Neo_Mufc

I will have only two players with singles, Grealish and DCL. All others on doubles, plus bench boost, so essentially 13x2 + 2. My plan is:

Meslier McCarthy
Chilwell Vestergaard Dallas Cresswell Castagne
Salah Bruno Rashford Bowen Grealish
Antonio DCL Bamford

With over 2m in the bank.

Although Meslier doesn’t convince me with Leeds defensive record, I would prefer Fabianski but I wouldn’t know who to replace Antonio with. Maybe Abraham, but he gets rotated way too much. Could swap Bowen out for Mount and that would open up space for Fabianski. I would have to take one hit to get there I think but it doesn’t really matter.
I like it a lot!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Martinez Ryan

Kane DCL Brewster

Konsa’s been annoyingly out for two games where I’d have had two cleansheets from him.

I have about 0.4 in the bank. Two free transfers. What says you experts? I feel like brining in West Ham players.
Ryan to any 4.0 keeper will get you similar funds as Kane to Vardy without any loss of quality. You can get Sanchez who will be in goal instead of Ryan anyway.

Tarrou

Martinez Ryan

Kane DCL Brewster

Kane has Fulham and Leeds at home coming up, I'd hold off if I were you

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Meh 45 points this GW. Lost quite a bit of ground to the guy at the top - the annoying thing is to keep his 60ish point gap he's resorted to outright copying my team.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yep I'm doing the same. I have Sterling and Mahrez for my last gameweek so I'm hoping they smash Newcastle.

I have 2 transfers but again I will only be doing Wilson to Adams. I can't really see any other cheapy forwards worth it and who have DGW19 appeal.

I will get Antonio as well but a bit later once he's back.
I'm getting Adams too but I don't trust Antonio to ever stay fit so steering clear.

Current team:

Martinez
Chilwell, Taylor, Robertson
Salah, KDB, Fernandes, Grealish
DCL, Bamford, Wilson

Subs: Forster, Ayling, Lewis, Bissouma

Plan for the 18/19 (currently have 2 free transfers):

Week 15: Wilson to Adams
Week 16: KDB to Son
Week 17: Lewis and Bissouma to Coufal and Soucek
Week 18: FREE HIT
Week 19: Forster to Johnstone

Leaving me with the below for the DGW (2.0m in the bank):

Martinez
Chilwell, Taylor, Robertson,
Salah, Son, Fernandes, Grealish
DCL, Bamford, Adams

Subs: Johnstone, Ayling, Coufal, Soucek

The bolded players have DGW. Will most likely play bench boost as that bench is very strong.

Then right after the DGW I'll do Johnstone and Son out to Forster and KDB in for -4 and carry on from there.

This way I cover the blanks, the DGW and also don't lose my value tied up in DCL or Grealish.

My only worry is that I'll have used two chips, potentially leaving me short for the future blanks and DGW so I'll have to make sure my itchy finger doesn't trigger the second wildcard, which will come in very handy.

This plan in my head seems so amazing that I fully expect it all to go wrong :lol:

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
That's absolutely going to happen. I'll probably give them 2 gameweeks to prove their fitness which they'll both miss, then lose patience and transfer both out, then that will happen
Who are your other defenders? I shipped both of them out as Lewis is getting benched for Newcastle who anyway play City next, so I couldn't afford to go in with blank defenders.

DickDastardly

I just took Vardy and Maddison out for Firminho and Ward-Prowse.

Makes it a double whammy if one of them wankers score against us.

So, free hit for week 18 is the way to go?

saivet

I'm using my WC after the next GW but I'm planning on having 11 players playing the DGW plus having Martinez, Kane and Son to play bench boost. The team I'm thinking is:

Martinez, Meslier
Chilwell/Zouma/James, KWP, Coufal, Taylor, Lamptey
Soucek, Salah, Son, Bruno, Mount
Kane, Bamford/Adams, Antonio

Any thoughts?

Still have a few to decide on and I will need to watch injuries but I think this is the rough way I will go.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Mitchell > Coufal dgw prepping.

Keeping DCL as well as Son and Kane I think.

So only Guaita, Forster and Lamptey to shift now which is no hit territory assuming nobody gets injured.

Bit of a benching headache this week

Guaita

Zouma / Coufal / Vestergard

Mount / Son / Bruno (VC) / Salah (c)

Kane / DCL / Bamford

Subs : Soucek / Dallas / Lamptey

Dallas at home to Burnley is the one I'm not comfortable with. I mean they can't defend but this is Burnley. Hmmm

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Who are your other defenders? I shipped both of them out as Lewis is getting benched for Newcastle who anyway play City next, so I couldn't afford to go in with blank defenders.
I have Zouma, R James, Cresswell, Dallas and Lamptey. Was close to doing Lamptey out for Stones last night but really depends on what my plan is GW 18/19 which I havnt decided yet. The 3 that aren't injured would be fine for the next gameweek but don't want to be stuck with these 2 for any longer than that for the inevitable price drops

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
69 points with stuff all from Dier, Son and Kane (c). Bruno will be my captain from now on.

Swiss_Red89

Imagine having Rashy this week. 6 goals and not even an assist!
Imagine having him as Captain over Bruno this week....:houllier::lol:
I thought with the Sheffield performance and the space that Leeds will give him, he will play a blinder. He even played one, but not for my Fantasy Team unfortunately.

I have Rashy since the start of the season and had to have a lot of patience with him. But i feel now is the perfect time to get him. He seems to finally be fully fit and hitting form and confidence. He's already the sevent best midfielder in terms of FPL points.

Swiss_Red89

Have to sell Chilwell now and will go for one of the Liverpool fullbacks.
Robertson or TAA? Most of the player in my group already have Robertson and i think he's the better servant at the moment. But i think i will gamble on Trent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have to sell Chilwell now and will go for one of the Liverpool fullbacks.
Robertson or TAA? Most of the player in my group already have Robertson and i think he's the better servant at the moment. But i think i will gamble on Trent.
Will wait for news on him first. If he's turned an ankle surely that's a two weeker at best?

Might help me make a decision as to get Son n Kane in i was probably going to have to find an extra bit of wad anyway

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
69 points with stuff all from Dier, Son and Kane (c). Bruno will be my captain from now on.
Surely not this next week with Salah and De Bruyne with home bankers and United at Leicester?
Bruno may well haul but it's not a safe bet surely?

Nickosaur

Surely not this next week with Salah and De Bruyne with home bankers and United at Leicester?
Salah is the most obvious captain choice of all time this week!
Rested v Palace and still hauled, now home to a sorry looking West Brom.
I'd happily take a West Brom 4-3 win, with Salah getting a hattrick haha

Wayne's World

Debating what I'll do with Chilwell, was going to bring in Dier to replace Diaz in the few gameweeks but Diaz is returning quite a bit of me since he went into my side so might just do a quick change from Dier to Chilwell I think

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Watch him blank. Usually happens with the sure fire choices. But I dare someone... Anyone... To not Captain him. At home. After a rest. Against the worst team in the league.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I don't have Salah or De Bruyne. Bruno's stats away from Old Trafford are pretty good.

Swiss_Red89

Will wait for news on him first. If he's turned an ankle surely that's a two weeker at best?

Might help me make a decision as to get Son n Kane in i was probably going to have to find an extra bit of wad anyway
I will have to make the change regardless of the length of the injury. Already have Mitchell and Lewis in my squad who both didn't play last GW. Don't want to risk to have three defenders wit 0 points in my squad on Boxing day.

Nickosaur

Chilwell out is annoying but have Taylor (away to Leeds) and Justin (home to Utd) on the bench so one of them can step in.

The only dud in my whole squad at the moment (apart from sub keeper) is Alzate, hoping to upgrade him for the DGW where I'll bench boost.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We'd need some absolute witchcraft from Big Sam to prevent a very standard home cruise in this one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have the exact wad to do Chilwell De Bruyne and DCL to Dier Son and Kane.
The defensive change immedo - and the other 2 for the next game week after Boxing Day.

Would lose about 0.7m of value doing it so probably bonkers just to cover one Tottenham game v Fulham. When the former have stalled a bit and the latter improved.

Let's see how Chilwell is and see what happens from the midweek cup ties. A lot could happen.

Web of Bissaka

2+ months remaining in top 3 consistently in all my 10 leagues, and now it's slipping away just like that..... down and down we go. Oh December, you're so great. Mine suddenly is the worst performing team for December.

No lucks at all this month :lol: hate this game. All the hardwork goes to the drain. It's like playing lottery. Hardwork is not really needed. Many managers in my league don't care at all in putting the effort and research nor updating their teams at all and my gahd, they're getting sky high points.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
2+ months remaining in top 3 consistently in all my 10 leagues, and now it's slipping away just like that..... down and down we go. Oh December, you're so great. Mine suddenly is the worst performing team for December.

No lucks at all this month :lol: hate this game. All the hardwork goes to the drain. It's like playing lottery. Hardwork is not really needed. Many managers in my league don't care at all in putting the effort and research nor updating their teams at all and my gahd, they're getting sky high points.
An interesting thing to do at the end of the season is look at your final points and compare to the points you would have had if you kept your original team plus one Captain the entire way through. It's usually not THAT different and that's without even looking into the three chips plus injuries...

troylocker

I will have only two players with singles, Grealish and DCL. All others on doubles, plus bench boost, so essentially 13x2 + 2. My plan is:

Meslier McCarthy
Chilwell Vestergaard Dallas Cresswell Castagne
Salah Bruno Rashford Bowen Grealish
Antonio DCL Bamford

With over 2m in the bank.

Although Meslier doesn’t convince me with Leeds defensive record, I would prefer Fabianski but I wouldn’t know who to replace Antonio with. Maybe Abraham, but he gets rotated way too much. Could swap Bowen out for Mount and that would open up space for Fabianski. I would have to take one hit to get there I think but it doesn’t really matter.
Looks very good.
What is your total points and squad value so far?

I still have too many singles (Ryan, Martinez, Grealish, KDB, Watkins and DCL)

Team right now:

Ryan, Martinez
Zouma, Alioski, Justin, Coufal, Bednarek
Grealish, KDB, Salah, Bruno, Ward-Prowse
DCL, Bamford, Watkins

Squad value 103,4M + 2,1M in the bank (861 points atm and have taken hits for 52 points so far)
This round I downgraded Chillwell to Coufal to get some cash.

Will take a hit next round (16): Out Ward-Prowse (selling at 6,1M) and Watkins (selling at 6,0M) - In Soucek and Martial
Not 100% on Martial yet, but leads the race right now.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
An interesting thing to do at the end of the season is look at your final points and compare to the points you would have had if you kept your original team plus one Captain the entire way through. It's usually not THAT different and that's without even looking into the three chips plus injuries...
Yeah but would you rather stare at one team the whole season not playing the game at all instead of going crazy with transfers and watching Brighton Fulham games with your heart in mouth praying for another clean sheet and making 50 spreadsheets about all the bgw/dgw strats? That's the whole fun of it. Doubt any of us here is ever gonna get any kind of meaningful OR anyway!

troylocker

Yeah but would you rather stare at one team the whole season not playing the game at all instead of going crazy with transfers and watching Brighton Fulham games with your heart in mouth praying for another clean sheet and making 50 spreadsheets about all the bgw/dgw strats? That's the whole fun of it. Doubt any of us here is ever gonna get any kind of meaningful OR anyway!
Premier league is a lot more fun for FPL-players. All the matches becomes interesting, you get to know a lot of players you wouldn't otherwise and you never run out of talk around the coffeemachine at the office :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Premier league is a lot more fun for FPL-players. All the matches becomes interesting, you get to know a lot of players you wouldn't otherwise and you never run out of talk around the coffeemachine at the office :lol:
And your discover legends like Lord Lundstram.

Legend has it he tried to use his 2019/20 FPL ownership percentage as a negotiation tactic during his contract talks.

Moby

Dick
And your discover legends like Lord Lundstram.

Legend has it he tried to use his 2019/20 FPL ownership percentage as a negotiation tactic during his contract talks.
Thinking Dallas might be this season's Lundstram. Has scored in last two games and been playing in midfield lately while being marked as a defender in the system.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thinking Dallas might be this season's Lundstram. Has scored in last two games and been playing in midfield lately while being marked as a defender in the system.
He is my biggest regret this season. I had him from the start but replaced him with Ayling on my first would card when a lot of Leeds fans were saying Ayling is nailed and Dallas is not... With that said, I'd most likely have him on the bench and miss his returns anyway and be more frustrated.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If that's true for your scores I'd suggest you need to up your game pal :lol: