Fantasy Premier League 21/22

saivet

Bruno to Sarr and Toney to Ronaldo.

I've left Antonio in my team as they have Leeds next. Need to get rid of Maupay at some point though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After United (ban), five of the next six games include Leeds, Villa, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton. Not saying he won’t score but on top of a ban (£8m on the bench), it’s a toughish run
Not sure any of those, except for Liverpool are that tough a game. Especially not for this fairly decent West Ham lineup.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sky main event are showing the highlights of today now. Not normally one for watching highlights post game, but looking forward to these and was out during the game.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ings - Wilson - Antonio from GW1-3 has soured quickly. Think I will keep Antonio but still move Ings on.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Sky main event are showing the highlights of today now. Not normally one for watching highlights post game, but looking forward to these and was out during the game.
In terms of goals, we ticked a lot of boxes today. Ronaldo showed both sides of his ability with his two goals, third is nice, but I really liked the last one.

GOT TO speed up transition. Not sure if just me but when you’ve got these attacking players/their ability at speed.. stop passing forward so fecking slowly!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Have you got TAA? I'm looking at TAA and Antonio out for Rudiger and Lukaku. That might be the way to sort it
Taa is the player who created most chances in league this season. Plus Liverpool will have a,lot clean sheets. He is a keeper

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I’ve already seen the full highlights like 10 times.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Saint-Maximin 3 returns out of 4. £6.5m. Worth a shout

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve already seen the full highlights like 10 times.
Haha, fair play.

Managed to take until 6.45pm to get out of the car park at Oxford and the 30miles home, so was glad there's something decent on to soak it all up.

paulscholes18

Had a stinker of a day (30), Torres, Barnes, Ings and Antonio with a whopping 6 points between them, need captain Salah to smash it tomorrow along with Raphinha and TAA

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Had a stinker of a day (30), Torres, Barnes, Ings and Antonio with a whopping 6 points between them, need captain Salah to smash it tomorrow along with Raphinha and TAA
Yeah you needed either Lukaku or Ronaldo today cause no other forward/attacking mid did well.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Middle of the road with 35. 4 strong players left to play in TAA, Salah, Jota and DCL.

I was too safe not having Ronnie captain it looks like - captained Salah just in case Ronnie came off bench. Average score is 38, I’ll be happy to come out ahead of the average - but hopefully break 50 mark

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why the rush to get rid of Antonio? Before today he was the inform striker.
To be fair, I always wanted to get rid of him for this GW because we are all know striker like Antonio and DCL will not continue inform forever but just couldn’t find myself to have the ball to do it since I wanted to protect his value. Now the red card just gave me another reason why I should get rid of him for someone who has much better long run fixtures like Bamford. I actually saved 0.2 extra just in case if I want to do Antonio -> Bamford when Antonio starts not scoring for 2 games in a row.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
46 points with 4 players to go but those 4 were the most favourite pick among FPL managers anyway so I’m not happy with this obviously.

On positive, Torres still remains to be Pep’s starting XI option means I can still hold on to him for a little longer while Sarr looked dangerous when I watched the highlights. I must say what prevent him to make assist is actually Watford other attackers, they are shite.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Is it worth getting Salah/Lukaku/Ronaldo in as a core?

I could get:

Ramsdale/Guiata (or other 4.5 keepers)
Matip/Rudiger/Omobamidele/Marcal/Laporte
Salah/Pogba/Greenwood/Kovacic/McArthur
Ronaldo/Lukaku/Hwang

Or alternatively I replace one of Salah/Lukaku/Ronaldo with Jota in the above giving me 5.0/4.0/5.0 to strengthen other positions. And maybe bring in the likes of Édouard, Torres, cancelo, taa etc.. etc..

Ideally I wanted to get to GW8 before wild carding as the international break plus city v Chelsea would of passed. But I think the late introduction of Lukaku/Ronaldo has thrown a spanner in the works. As I currently hold neither of them it's at the stage where you either get in early now or risk paying inflated prices later in the game.

Or alternatively I could take a points deduction and to a triple transfer or something to shake my squad up.

Is it worth getting Salah/Lukaku/Ronaldo in as a core?

I could get:

Ramsdale/Guiata (or other 4.5 keepers)
Matip/Rudiger/Omobamidele/Marcal/Laporte
Salah/Pogba/Greenwood/Kovacic/McArthur
Ronaldo/Lukaku/Hwang

Or alternatively I replace one of Salah/Lukaku/Ronaldo with Jota in the above giving me 5.0/4.0/5.0 to strengthen other positions. And maybe bring in the likes of Édouard, Torres, cancelo, taa etc.. etc..

Ideally I wanted to get to GW8 before wild carding as the international break plus city v Chelsea would of passed. But I think the late introduction of Lukaku/Ronaldo has thrown a spanner in the works. As I currently hold neither of them it's at the stage where you either get in early now or risk paying inflated prices later in the game.

Or alternatively I could take a points deduction and to a triple transfer or something to shake my squad up.
No.

Looks like your team would effectively be 2-3-2.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Glad I avoided Torres in my wildcard. One good decision I made. Thought he would only get 60 minutes today. Even if he had've scored he still would have only got 60 IMO.
And they still had Mahrez, Foden and DeBruyne to come off the bench today.

Southampton away next week then 2 massive games in Chelsea away and Liverpool away. They might give DeBruyne and Foden minutes v Southampton.
Could be bench for Torres.

I think with City at the minute the best approach is get their defenders. But even then no rush to get more in till after Liverpool away, after the next international break.
Time to plan transfers ahead.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Annoyingly it looks like Ronaldo hasn't gone up yet.
Giving all of those who weren't sharp enough to get on him another day of scope to do it.

Nickosaur

60 points, with captain Ronaldo and Marcal getting my WC off to a good start.

A haul from DCL and a salah blank would cap an excellent weekend.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
42 points from 6 player. 3 delivered (CR7, Shaw and Dias), 3 failed (Benrahma, Antonio, de gea).
Meh, not happy with that.
I hope that Dcl, Taa, Salah, Gray and Raphinha will deliver.

I am annoyed with gk. Just can't pick right one. One clean sheet so far from Sanchez. DDG failed yesterday. I will sacrifice something and go with Mendy or Ederson i think

While that made me laugh, he has more than 2 in defence.
Rudiger Matip Laporte is a strong three and then he has a Wolves guy who double figured yesterday and looks superb value at 4.5m
I’ll be honest, missed Laporte on the end there, though Matip not guaranteed with a £50m (?) player on the bench.

3-3-2 then :)

You need to be able to put out a reasonable playing eleven? Just felt that team looked skinny

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
With Son’s injury, Antonio’s red card, Bruno likely taken off penalties duties and Lukaku/Ronaldo prices about to rise I think I’m going to backtrack on my comments from previous weeks and actually use wildcard now… can build:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Shaw Rudiger Tierney Livramento
Grealish Greenwood Jota Raphinha Gilmour
Ronaldo Lukaku Armstrong

Which feels immediately much better… I wasn’t that convinced about the idea of getting expensive forwards but it does seem like Ronaldo and Lukaku could easily justify the cost.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
With Son’s injury, Antonio’s red card, Bruno likely taken off penalties duties and Lukaku/Ronaldo prices about to rise I think I’m going to backtrack on my comments from previous weeks and actually use wildcard now… can build:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Shaw Rudiger Tierney Livramento
Grealish Greenwood Jota Raphinha Gilmour
Ronaldo Lukaku Armstrong

Which feels immediately much better… I wasn’t that convinced about the idea of getting expensive forwards but it does seem like Ronaldo and Lukaku could easily justify the cost.
That's a solid team but a huge Salah shaped hole in there.

Maybe get Salah and then pick up Lukaku from GW7/8?