Fantasy Premier League 21/22

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
With Son’s injury, Antonio’s red card, Bruno likely taken off penalties duties and Lukaku/Ronaldo prices about to rise I think I’m going to backtrack on my comments from previous weeks and actually use wildcard now… can build:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Shaw Rudiger Tierney Livramento
Grealish Greenwood Jota Raphinha Gilmour
Ronaldo Lukaku Armstrong

Which feels immediately much better… I wasn’t that convinced about the idea of getting expensive forwards but it does seem like Ronaldo and Lukaku could easily justify the cost.
This is exactly what I've done mate. It's at that stage in the game where you either act now or rue acting too late and the price tags go up.

I used my wildcard last night and got the main players in I wanted plus those likely to rise in price. I thought I'd get those who are likely to rise now because if I then decide later in the week I want them, I could be priced out. Whereas if I have them now I've got the option to keep them or change to someone else.

With that being said my new team at present is

Ramsdale/Guaita
Williams/Marcal/Laporte/Matip/Rudiger
Jota/Greenwood/Pogba/Torres/Kovacic
Ronaldo/Lukaku/Édouard

With 1.3 spare in the bank.

Had a waited a day later to bring the above players in it would have cost me 0.4 more for that squad. (Would of lost value on Son while paying more for Jota/Torres/Laporte).

I wouldn't be surprised to also see further value increases for some of the other players I've brought in. While decreases for some of the other existing players I removed (Fernandes/Benhrama/Ings/Antonio etc..).

So while I didn't want to use my WC so early. I feel that come the end of the week, the same squad will have cost me near a million more compared to acting quickly now. And by getting the players with price increases its given me more flexibility for any tinkering I do between now and the end of the GW.

Obviously if Salah does well again today then I may decide I also want to bring him in. In which case it should be possible if I:

Matip > White (Saves 0.6)
Torres > McArthur (Saves 2.6)
Edouard > Hwang (Saves 1.0)
Jota > Salah (Costs 4.9)

Leaving 0.6 in the kitty. Or I could keep Matic and have 0 in the bank.

Had I went with the Salah team now though rather than the Jota team then it would have cost me more to go back the other way due to the price increases overnight.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Guessing it's because so many did it before his 'pause period' (when his price was put on hold) and not enough new buyers do it in a 24 hour period. And WC buyers
And the algorithm has been so off this year since the season is only a month old but the amount of times people who are above 100 in the red or blue haven’t up or down with the same correlation meaning even though they are clearing above 101 or 102 they still don’t go up and vice versa.

AgentSmith

Sa/Foster
TAA/Dunk/Shaw/Marcal/Livramento
Salah/Greenwood/Benrahma/Torres/ESR
Ronaldo/Antonio/Dennis

Any suggestions?

Antonio’s red card is annoying but I’ll just have to ride it out for the week I think. Smith-Rowe has been a disappointment so far but the options at that price point are limited.

Pogba is the main player I’m looking at given he feels like a bargain at 7.7 atm.

(Foster was a rubbish back-up GK in hindsight but he’s not worth changing at this stage)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
And the algorithm has been so off this year since the season is only a month old but the amount of times people who are above 100 in the red or blue haven’t up or down with the same correlation meaning even though they are clearing above 101 or 102 they still don’t go up and vice versa.
I think they must have made some changes to it for this season. I've never known the price prediction websites to be so unreliable.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Over the season he won't score regularly. Someone like DCL will
Not sure what you are basing that on, West Ham are a far better attacking outfit than Everton. DCL will score in patches as he always does.

RedDevil@84

That's a brave prediction.
Antonio is a regular scorer these days.
Unless he has completely evolved over the summer, that is a decent prediction. Even last season he had his moments, but then kept blanking multiple times. He scored like 10 goals in 25 last season and 10 in 24 the season before that. Lingard scored 9 in half a season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unless he has completely evolved over the summer, that is a decent prediction. Even last season he had his moments, but then kept blanking multiple times. He scored like 10 goals in 25 last season and 10 in 24 the season before that. Lingard scored 9 in half a season.
You need to look at the numbers a little closer, especially when comparing to DCL

Antonio has played 3,739 mins over the last 2 full seasons, and scored 20 league goals.
DCL has played 5,492 mins and scored 29.

Antonio's minutes per goal is 186.95 and DCL's is 189.38, so Antonio is actually statistically a more regular goalscorer.

Antonio 9 assists v DCL's 7 in way less minutes too.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Damn Liverpool scoring while doing those calculations....

Only positive being TAA assist for Salah goal, the golden ticket in fantasy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm watching this Leeds team and thinking Antonio and Benny murder them in GW 5. So open at the back.
Yep, for all the accolades Bielsa gets, they're an absolute joke in some games, like really amateur. And it puts the pressure on their attack to rectify it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not having captained Salah actually makes it worse.
As long as he doesn't outdo Ronaldo it's ok.
But that looks risky as Leeds are getting battered like some small cup team right now.

Moby

Dick
As long as he doesn't outdo Ronaldo it's ok.
But that looks risky as Leeds are getting battered like some small cup team right now.
Yep. This can get ugly.

Had a thought after first three GW that we need to target Leeds defense. Not changing my mind right now.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Need Raphinha to do something. But I know he will just get booked and then subbed for James instead.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep. This can get ugly.

Had a thought after first three GW that we need to target Leeds defence. Not changing my mind right now.
Yep, that Ayling in bandwagon has long left the station.
After today they have a decent run though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We will. When we beat them 6-5 in our new attacking style
All those fools who said they were "finished" last year, and refused to acknowledge the weird nature of the packed season, and having to use players from the park at centre back, have been surprisingly quiet this year.
They'll be a big force unfortunately unless more key injuries hit in.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
All those fools who said they were "finished" last year, and refused to acknowledge the weird nature of the packed season, and having to use players from the park at centre back, have been surprisingly quiet this year.
They'll be a big force unfortunately unless more key injuries hit in.
Pretty sure they’re top.4, it’s just where.

VD is a huge player for them, arguably as much as losing Salah would be. Not in direct output but the indirect impact on the wider teams tactics… he allows FBs to push up knowing they’re still pretty solid in defence, in turn the FBs are a big part of Liverpool’s attacking play to stretch the pitch which helps front three.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pretty sure they’re top.4, it’s just where.

VD is a huge player for them, arguably as much as losing Salah would be. Not in direct output but the indirect impact on the wider teams tactics… he allows FBs to push up knowing they’re still pretty solid in defence, in turn the FBs are a big part of Liverpool’s attacking play to stretch the pitch which helps front three.
It's hard to tell if it really will be a super competitive 4 way title battle, or not this early. History suggests 2 teams will split off and compete for it.
I think there's still a huge risk that we could have improved, yet still go backwards in league position.

We'll know a lot more after that dodgy run of games in a few weeks.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
A goal from Jota would really help me right now..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Disaster seeing them cruise a win out like that, but pretty brilliant fantasy.

TAA with a 12 pointer
Salah a goal (as some won't have him at all), but only the 1 and no bonus (for the captainers)
Jota blank.

See you tomorrow.