Fantasy Premier League 21/22

clonsolar

First post on redcafe. Currently sitting top of table here :) See how long that lasts.. Anyone thinking United defence looking shaky and Shaw yes or no for next 7/8 gameweeks?? Alternatives Chelsea obviously with fixtures, but rotation roulette is a problem. Arsenal defender cover a must I reckon.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
As long as Firmino is out he's probably still the best 7.5 midfielder (along with Greenwood).. The other options are maybe someone from Leicester or maybe Leeds.. Maybe keep him for another week and then bring in Mount for easier Chelsea fixtures?
Good idea mate. He's just blanking too much for my liking atm.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
First post on redcafe. Currently sitting top of table here :) See how long that lasts.. Anyone thinking United defence looking shaky and Shaw yes or no for next 7/8 gameweeks?? Alternatives Chelsea obviously with fixtures, but rotation roulette is a problem. Arsenal defender cover a must I reckon.
Yep. I'm planning on ditching him for Rudiger or Dias/Cancelo. Reece James coming in for GW7 just prior to that and already have White

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What a horrendous gameweek

TAA - out
Torres - dropped
Antonio - suspended
Coady - 0 points

29 points from 2 players (Salah and Ings)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've got Tierney, Rudiger and Shaw as my core defenders. I will probably double up on Chelsea and bring in Reece James for Shaw GW7 despite the risk of the occasional benching.

Lebowski

61 thus far with 4 still to play (Ronaldo, Shaw, Mason and Sanchez).

Good gameweek but probably prevented from being a great one because of my bench order. I had Williams in front of Toney so will miss out on Toney's 12 points coming in for Trent. Shows why picking a defender is usually going to lead to frustration, especially if they play for Norwich!

Varun

Staff
61 thus far with 4 still to play (Ronaldo, Shaw, Mason and Sanchez).

Good gameweek but probably prevented from being a great one because of my bench order. I had Williams in front of Toney so will miss out on Toney's 12 points coming in for Trent. Shows why picking a defender is usually going to lead to frustration, especially if they play for Norwich!
what's your GW rank? 61 with 4 to go is fkin brilliant I think for this GW

Lebowski

what's your GW rank? 61 with 4 to go is fkin brilliant I think for this GW
195,345 GW rank, 55,252 overall rank.

Yeah I'm happy with the score thus far especially with the big hitters I've got left. It's funny how losing a big haul on your bench can sour it though!

Still, I can't complain!

Pickle85

Poor week unless Ronnie runs wild for me as cappa. 36 with five to play (one of whom is Amartey so probably won't get on). Week seven wildcard can't come soon enough.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Question: Sadly for me, Joel Matip didn't play yesterday. My first reserve is Smith Rowe but Targett is my first defensive reserve. Who comes in?

Withnail

Question: Sadly for me, Joel Matip didn't play yesterday. My first reserve is Smith Rowe but Targett is my first defensive reserve. Who comes in?
Depends on your formation, doesn't it?

How many does your first team have at the back? If it's three, I think the defender will have to come in.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Depends on your formation, doesn't it?

How many does your first team have at the back? If it's three, I think the defender will have to come in.
I play a back 3. I hope you're right about the defender coming in.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I took out Benrahma to get in Gray. Just one of those weeks
At the moment, I have 15 points sitting on my bench. That will drop to 8 Targett comes in for Matip. Luke Shaw can't get clean sheet points, which, for selfish reasons I'm pretty happy about.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My worst decision this year was Sanchez to De gea. What was i thinking ffs?
At least Benrahma and captain Ronny scored

RedDevil@84

I put Gilmour, Duffy and Livramento in that order on bench. Only Gilmour with 3 pts coming in. Duffy and Livramento have 9 pts between them

BulgarianDevil91

On paper Shaw looks like an amazing FPL asset - goes forward more often than not, provides good crosses, takes corners and indirect freekicks, likes the odd long distance shot. I am sure he'll do well at some point, but I feel the lack of clean sheets will cost him big times when it comes to FPL points.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Didn't I express my shock when you put in De Gea. You or someone else called him "must have"
I didn't say must have. But i thought that he is safer bet than Sanchez. I didn't expect that we will concede every fecking game with our schedule and our defence

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
On paper Shaw looks like an amazing FPL asset - goes forward more often than not, provides good crosses, takes corners and indirect freekicks, likes the odd long distance shot. I am sure he'll do well at some point, but I feel the lack of clean sheets will cost him big times when it comes to FPL points.
And soon our schedule goes to hell. During thst oeriod i will replace him with James or Cancelo for sure

saivet

Nice to see a Duffy assist and Maupay goal at HT. Hopefully a cleansheet too as Sanchez will come in off the bench for me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I put Gilmour, Duffy and Livramento in that order on bench. Only Gilmour with 3 pts coming in. Duffy and Livramento have 9 pts between them
Wondered how the hell Gilmour had got that extra point there. 1 point bonus for a scuffling midfielder in a 1-3 defeat. Amazing really, but i'll take it, as he's keeping Tsimikas out for me. 2 point mistake isn't too bad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Suddenly pleased Benrahma played in the end then!
Although we need to win this game in real life!!

But Benrahma and Ronaldo goals have certainly improved the picture of this game week.
More for Ronaldo, or a Greenwood/Shaw involvement would be marvelarse though.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Calling for Bamford owners; keep or replace for Ings after next gameweek? Both have easy schedule

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Calling for Bamford owners; keep or replace for Ings after next gameweek? Both have easy schedule
Ings has home to United and west ham and away to Tottenham and arsenal in his next 5. I wouldn’t say it is easy. Bamfords fixtures are far better. Keep him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm keeping Bam. Constantly switching between the £7-8m strikers is asking for trouble. They'll all balance each other out so the only reason to swap them is for fixtures specifically. If Ings and Bam have similar fixtures, just stick with one.