Fantasy Premier League 21/22

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Doesn’t Villas fixtures turn after week 7? Not sure why you held onto Ings for this long but if you did you might as well keep him since they have a run of 6 games coming up and they are going up against defenses that aren’t particularly strong.
DCL injuried, I have Antonio, no obvious cheaper forwards to go for, Bamford a sideways move not worth the -4 etc.

Moby

Dick
Yesterday is different to next week and next following and the next following week. I had seen people below me play them all. On contrary, the people on top 3 don’t have both Lukaku and Ronaldo or every heavy weight.
I'll prob have them till GW11 and remove Lukaku after that. Obviously this is based on the games till now, and Ronaldo has crazy stats so far. If that doesn't continue I can think of having only Lukaku but I'm not in favour of removing Ronaldo, especially as his price is gonna skyrocket.

So far there hasn't been any reason to have three of them, so whoever did that was gonna lose, but you can be smart about it during those GWs as there are plenty of sub-7 mids and fwds that are gonna be good value. Those are the ones I didn't mention in my previous list. ;)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
DCL injuried, I have Antonio, no obvious cheaper forwards to go for, Bamford a sideways move not worth the -4 etc.
If you’re playing 3-4-3 and using a 4.5 midfield fodder I would rather have a 4.5 striker fodder cause there are better and cheaper options in midfield for Ings price and lower. So switching to 3-5-2 isn’t a downgrade.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'll prob have them till GW11 and remove Lukaku after that. Obviously this is based on the games till now, and Ronaldo has crazy stats so far. If that doesn't continue I can think of having only Lukaku but I'm not in favour of removing Ronaldo, especially as his price is gonna skyrocket.

So far there hasn't been any reason to have three of them, so whoever did that was gonna lose, but you can be smart about it during those GWs as there are plenty of sub-7 mids and fwds that are gonna be good value. Those are the ones I didn't mention in my previous list. ;)
I think this is just based on how people look at it. From my perspective, there are very good options for 7.5-8.0 Forwards and some of them have very good fixtures.

To me Lukaku + Ronaldo + 5.5 FOR/MID are not better than two of Bamford/Ings/DCL/Antonio + one of Ronaldo/Lukaku in the next GW6-GW11.

Moby

Dick
I think this is just based on how people look at it. From my perspective, there are very good options for 7.5-8.0 Forwards.

To me Lukaku + Ronaldo + 5.5 FOR/MID are not better than two of Bamford/Ings/DCL/Antonio + one of Ronaldo/Lukaku.
Totally depends on what run of games you are talking about. There's no one rule for the entire season.

I was also considering the option of replacing TAA with VVD. Same CS points and VVD has in the past ended with good attacking returns as well.

Loads of ways to play this.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Bamford out tonight with an ankle injury and yellow flagged now.
Not sure what to do if he's out for a week or 2.

Already have Antonio. Could be looking at Toney, Saint-Maximum and im not sure who else. No-one jumping out.
Might be best and sit and do nothing, see who starts finding form.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It's a shame TAA is so vital to own. Would be very happy with the following otherwise.

Sanchez (Steele)
Dias Shaw Rudiger Livra (Omobamidele)
Salah Raphinha Sarr Gallagher Doucoure
Ronaldo Lukaku Toney

Pretty much every starter would be a talisman and/or nailed to play every week

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Totally depends on what run of games you are talking about. There's no one rule for the entire season.

I was also considering the option of replacing TAA with VVD. Same CS points and VVD has in the past ended with good attacking returns as well.

Loads of ways to play this.
I thought you know that we have been talking about GW6-GW11 because that was how the discussion about rotating Lukaku and Ronaldo started. :)

Moby

Dick
I thought you know that we have been talking about GW6-GW11 because that was how the discussion about rotating Lukaku and Ronaldo started. :)
Prob not GW6 as Lukaku is playing Man City, and even in 7 when he's playing Soton who look decent. 9-11 is really the critical stretch where you need Lukaku at any cost, so I think it should be fine to be premium heavy for 4 GWs, as I will WC in GW8. Definitely not in the long run. Downgrading from Lukaku to the mid priced fwds won't be too tough, although I am dreading losing Antonio's value. Can't have it all, I guess.

Schneiderman

It's a shame TAA is so vital to own. Would be very happy with the following otherwise.

Sanchez (Steele)
Dias Shaw Rudiger Livra (Omobamidele)
Salah Raphinha Sarr Gallagher Doucoure
Ronaldo Lukaku Toney

Pretty much every starter would be a talisman and/or nailed to play every week
I'm tempted to go without him between 7-11 now and I'll switch him and Lukaku back around at the end. I don't seen him keeping too many clean sheets in that run, it's just whether he goes crazy on attacking returns . A second Chelsea defender should be able to match him over that period.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If you’re playing 3-4-3 and using a 4.5 midfield fodder I would rather have a 4.5 striker fodder cause there are better and cheaper options in midfield for Ings price and lower. So switching to 3-5-2 isn’t a downgrade.
I think I agree, which is why I thinking about wildcarding in GW7 or GW8 to restructure and refresh the whole team. Looking at something like:

Sanchez/Ramsdale (or both?) + 4.0
TAA + Three City/Chelsea defenders + Duffy
Salah + Torres/Jota + Benrahma + Sarr + Gallagher
Lukaku + Antonio + 4.5 (or Dennis)

Still think you want at least two reliable subs with COVID.

My plan is to keep Salah all season and rotate through Ronaldo, Lukaku and Kane to capitalise on their fixtures. Captaincy will then be between those two slots most weeks.

Last edited:

Teja

Don't think there are any 4.5m starting strikers right? The striker fodder would have to be Emmanuel Dennis (5.2M).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Don't think there are any 4.5m starting strikers right? The striker fodder would have to be Emmanuel Dennis (5.2M).
You would just use the 4.5 as a third sub and hope not to use them. It's not my preferred style, but you get so little for your first two £2m invested into forwards (considering the first £4.5m is mandatory anyway), that it is valid.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Prob not GW6 as Lukaku is playing Man City, and even in 7 when he's playing Soton who look decent. 9-11 is really the critical stretch where you need Lukaku at any cost, so I think it should be fine to be premium heavy for 4 GWs, as I will WC in GW8. Definitely not in the long run. Downgrading from Lukaku to the mid priced fwds won't be too tough, although I am dreading losing Antonio's value. Can't have it all, I guess.
I thought you know this already but we weren’t talking about going without Lukaku in 9-11 or bring In Lukaku in GW 6 but it was the other way around about taking off ronaldo to bring in Lukaku in 9-11.:)

Moby

Dick
I thought you know this already but we weren’t talking about going without Lukaku in 9-11 or bring In Lukaku in GW 6 but it was the other way around about taking off ronaldo to bring in Lukaku in 9-11.:)
Correct, so if I am gonna WC in GW8 which is the plan right now, first option is to bring in Lukaku in place of Ronaldo which means losing Ronaldo's value or just keep Ronaldo and bring in Lukaku, keep him till GW11 and then get rid. Which is essentially 4 GWs. For the entire season, I'm definitely gonna lean more towards Ronaldo for most part which is why I don't wanna lose his value just for 4 GWs.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Correct, so if I am gonna WC in GW8 which is the plan right now, first option is to bring in Lukaku in place of Ronaldo which means losing Ronaldo's value or just keep Ronaldo and bring in Lukaku, keep him till GW11 and then get rid. Which is essentially 4 GWs. For the entire season, I'm definitely gonna lean more towards Ronaldo for most part which is why I don't wanna lose his value just for 4 GWs.
So it wasn't terrifying idea not to have Ronaldo in 9-11 as you originally thought it was :)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
My plan is to keep Salah all season and rotate through Ronaldo, Lukaku and Kane to capitalise on their fixtures. Captaincy will then be between those two slots most weeks.
I am worried Tuchel might rest Lukaku against some of these smaller teams with Champions League during midweek. He might want to give Werner some time on the pitch.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I am worried Tuchel might rest Lukaku against some of these smaller teams with Champions League during midweek. He might want to give Werner some time on the pitch.
I doubt it personally. Top centre forwards generally aren’t rested unless the league is no longer a priority. Salah is most likely to be rested at times over those three.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
All good points guys but the thought of going in a GW without Ronaldo right now is pretty terrifying. :lol:
This. Everything is saying to switch Ronaldo and Lukaku but it is Ronaldo.
Nevertheless, for gw8-gw11 i will do the switch. And Shaw to Alonso despite i know that in one of those easy games Tuchel will give Chilwell a chance

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'll have to do -4 I think if Bamford is out for the weekend, to get someone reasonable in place of Gilmour (I have 2.0 itb after doing Grealish to Sarr).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What's the latest on Raphinha?
I'll have to do -4 I think if Bamford is out for the weekend, to get someone reasonable in place of Gilmour (I have 2.0 itb after doing Grealish to Sarr).

Will have to wait for the presser and training pics later in the week. At least Bielsa is genuinely quite open about injuries unlike certain Spanish waiters.

I've got Bamford (and Ayling) so need to keep an eye on that myself. Bamford has been seen out and about with just a bandage on it so it doesn't look serious...

If it isn't (serious) I need to deal with my mid range midfielders in Jota, Greenwood and Trincao. I think the first two should be good for at least one more week so I might do Trincao > Sarr who has Newcastle and Leeds up next before a pretty tough run.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Will have to wait for the presser and training pics later in the week. At least Bielsa is genuinely quite open about injuries unlike certain Spanish waiters.

I've got Bamford (and Ayling) so need to keep an eye on that myself. Bamford has been seen out and about with just a bandage on it so it doesn't look serious...

If it isn't (serious) I need to deal with my mid range midfielders in Jota, Greenwood and Trincao. I think the first two should be good for at least one more week so I might do Trincao > Sarr who has Newcastle and Leeds up next before a pretty tough run.
I've already dealt Grealish for Sarr so don't have transfer anymore. Next week I am planning on moving on from Williams to get Rudiger, and then do a -4 the following week to move from Ayling and Greenwood to Dias + 5.5m-6.5m midfielder.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Nothing beats Villa manager and last year's situation with Grealish. "Any second now" was prolonged to two months. And Ole is not better either. Remember Martial last year? Minor injury he said...

@Nou_Camp99 . THIS is not dig at Ole :lol: :wenger:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bamford seems to have about 10 or so of these little will he won't he doubts all season doesn't he. Usually plays, so hopefully does this week.

Had a quick look at an intriguing Ronaldo-Lukaku-Antonio front 3.

Would need either shipping Greenwood down to a 4.5m/4.6m chump, or TAA down to a 4.5m man.

Probs not worth it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Current team:

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Duffy
Salah (v) Greenwood Torres Benrahma
Ronaldo (c) Ings Antonio

Steele, Ayling Tsimikas Brownhill

Mulled over my moves and future wildcard this week, and I think I am in a comfortable place currently. At 66.6k with green arrows each week so far, so I want to continue with steady progress and not overly force things. Thoughts are:
  • Leaning in the direction of two premiums medium-term: Salah and a rotation of Ronaldo/Lukaku/Kane. I think Ronaldo will be a lesser FPL asset in the bigger matches, because of how United perform in them, and I don’t want to part with TAA or Antonio. Will reconsider if they become unavailable.
  • Even though Chelsea’s defensive xG isn’t all that, I still want a couple of their defenders by GW7, and could well add a City defender there. I’ll likely be running a back 4 (and often 5 with Duffy). Shaw will go.
  • I am still open to wildcarding in GW8, but don’t want to overly commit to it. It might not be needed.
  • Not moved with my two free transfers so far this week, as TAA, Ayling and Brownhill are flagged and Tsimikas is unlikely to play. The information is more valuable than 0.1 in a couple of places.
  • This week I think I will do Torres to Sarr though, and will consider Ayling to a Chelsea defender, or Tsimikas to Semedo. If TAA is out, I will need to rethink.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Nothing beats Villa manager and last year's situation with Grealish. "Any second now" was prolonged to two months. And Ole is not better either. Remember Martial last year? Minor injury he said...

@Nou_Camp99 . THIS is not dig at Ole :lol: :wenger:
Oh yeah Smith and Grealish was hilarious as a non owner. So many people in my mini leagues kept hold of him for "just one more week". Season wrecker.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m going to use my bench boost this weekend. Probably the cheapest fully playing bench you can get and fixtures look decently favourable and not as nice over the coming weeks. Begovic starting home to Norwich was the main kicker but I believe foster is starting for Watford this weekend too so probably quite a lot of people will BB.

Begovic - Norwich (h)
Duffy - Palace (a)
Livramento - Wolves (h)
Sissoko - Newcastle (h)

Fingers crossed! I’ve already used up my wildcard so some extra points could be handy to use on transfers and try and keep my position as high as possible while I consider the transition out of Jota Shaw Greenwood template. One more GW for all 3.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m going to use my bench boost this weekend. Probably the cheapest fully playing bench you can get and fixtures look decently favourable and not as nice over the coming weeks. Begovic starting home to Norwich was the main kicker but I believe foster is starting for Watford this weekend too so probably quite a lot of people will BB.

Begovic - Norwich (h)
Duffy - Palace (a)
Livramento - Wolves (h)
Sissoko - Newcastle (h)

Fingers crossed! I’ve already used up my wildcard so some extra points could be handy to use on transfers and try and keep my position as high as possible while I consider the transition out of Jota Shaw Greenwood template. One more GW for all 3.
I wouldn’t do it mate. I already wasted mine with the same thinking. Once Brighton concede away from home, you are counting on a Southampton clean sheet for any real gains.

Wait until you have one or two better players on your bench or a few teams with double game week. I wouldn’t want to be betting on Duffy and Sissoko for a point haul!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
TAA, Ayling, Richarlison, Trent, Raphinha,Brownhill all showing doubtful. Think I will have to use the WC.

Leonzo1

Wildcarding next week. Need some advice.

1. Antonio + Son
2. Lukuaku + Benhrama/Raphinha

Already got Ronaldo, Third striker will be a 4.5.