Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Schneiderman

Everton look a bit of a mess. Both Richarlison and DCL out?
They have Rondon, but maybe it means more attacking spoils for Gray?
Quite possibly, unless they just don't click without DCL and Richarlison. Then again it's Norwich, they'll score at least 7.

If Raphinha is out I'll get Gray instead of Rondon.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
FFS The Bamford transfer has been a nightmare. Only gets an assist whilst the man I took out (Toney) hauls. Now the cnut is injured :mad:

To add to the woes, Raphinha is orange with 50% chance to play. TAA is also yellow flagged (although I expect him to play).

My subs are White, who is fine to come on for Bamford but my other subs are Tsimikas (who I doubt will start) and Brownhill (who is also yellow flagged the moment I need the fecker for the first time :mad:).

Therefore, my head is thinking:

Bamford to Jimenez and then will take a -4 if Raphinha looks to be out and swap him for Sarr... This will be my first hit of the season.

This is fine as I can still swap Shaw to Rudiger next week and CR7 to Lukaku the week after.... however, I really wanted that spare transfer to swap out Tsimikas... looks like it is fate that he stays in my team.

So annoyed :mad:

paulscholes18

With Ayling, Raphinha, TAA & Brownhill flagged and Bamford out, looks like I have been forced to Wildcard

Think I may go
Sanchez
TAA, Dias, Rudiger
Benrahma Sarr Salah Torres
Ronaldo ASM Antonio

Steel, Duffy, Omobadmidele, McArther

Canuckred64

Need to bench one of my defenders, Shaw, Alonso, White or TAA. Leaning towards Alonso or maybe White.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Need to bench one of my defenders, Shaw, Alonso, White or TAA. Leaning towards Alonso or maybe White.
Alonso is the man at the moment. White will only ever give you points for a clean sheet and you have to feel like Spurs will score.

It doesn’t matter if City score against the beats defence inthe league though because Alonso stays alive and can give attacking returns at any time.

Def White down to first in bench for me.

NewYorkRed

Want to take F.Torres out. Have 0.5 in the bank. So will have 7.6 to get someone in. Any ideas besides Raphina and Gray?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I can’t stop myself going for the gamble and taking a hit if someone important is missing out. I have rolled the dice again this week and went Sarr/Antonio for Jota/Dennis early. I just think Antonio might destroy that Leeds team and Jota has tough games coming up.

Sometimes it’s worth the hit to get players before they go up and have certain starters with good games.

Indnyc

Few players maybes this weekend but I have two transfers and will be WCing in a couple of weeks anyway.

Thinking of Digne and DCL out… Rudiger and Antonio in to go 352. Thoughts?

Makes sense but is Raphina fit? If not you'll have to rely on Livramento, Cucho, or Amartey (Although Livramento may not be the worst play this week)

Swiss_Red89

Feck it I wanted to save this week's transfer for next week but just bought Antonio for Bamford.

Mendy
TAA White Shaw
Salah Traoré Saka Greenwood Benrahma
Antonio Ronaldo

bench: Foster, Duffy, Williams, 4,5 striker
0,8 in the bank.

Plan still is to bring in Lukaku around GW7-9. Will probably have to take a hit for it though.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is Raphinha going to have problems with international football after this week? If he is I will take him out today.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Anyone thinking of trying to squeeze Ronaldo / Lukaku up front with Salah after Chelsea’s fixtures turn next week?

I’d thought I would do Ronaldo > Lukaku, but I’m not sure it makes sense anymore given Ronaldo’s form.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Makes sense but is Raphina fit? If not you'll have to rely on Livramento, Cucho, or Amartey (Although Livramento may not be the worst play this week)
50 50 after Bielsa press conference but DCL has to go and Digne not 100% himself?
Is Raphinha going to have problems with international football after this week? If he is I will take him out today.
Think Govt changing rules so can come back, isolate for 5 days only?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Anyone thinking of trying to squeeze Ronaldo / Lukaku up front with Salah after Chelsea’s fixtures turn next week?

I’d thought I would do Ronaldo > Lukaku, but I’m not sure it makes sense anymore given Ronaldo’s form.
In theory it’s the path of least resistance but if one or both of them happen to blank any week (and Ronnys fixtures get harder) then teams with a better spread have more chances of passing you by. I think 2 x 6.5 -8 and any 1 premium striker gives you the best points per million value and spread the money across better defenders or maybe upgrade a midfielder to Grealish or even Son when he gets going again

You can only captain one premium at the end of the day.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
FFS The Bamford transfer has been a nightmare. Only gets an assist whilst the man I took out (Toney) hauls. Now the cnut is injured :mad:

To add to the woes, Raphinha is orange with 50% chance to play. TAA is also yellow flagged (although I expect him to play).

My subs are White, who is fine to come on for Bamford but my other subs are Tsimikas (who I doubt will start) and Brownhill (who is also yellow flagged the moment I need the fecker for the first time :mad:).

Therefore, my head is thinking:

Bamford to Jimenez and then will take a -4 if Raphinha looks to be out and swap him for Sarr... This will be my first hit of the season.

This is fine as I can still swap Shaw to Rudiger next week and CR7 to Lukaku the week after.... however, I really wanted that spare transfer to swap out Tsimikas... looks like it is fate that he stays in my team.

So annoyed :mad:
If you have 0.1 itb then you could do Bamford + Tsimi > Armstrong + Rudiger instead and just bench Raphinha this week?

Not like Jimenez is lighting it up ahead of Armstrong atm, the latter has a great run of fixtures, you'd get the Chelsea defender you want in long term anyway, be rid of Tsimi and have Raphinha for Watford, Southampton, Wolves, Norwich.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If you have 0.1 itb then you could do Bamford + Tsimi > Armstrong + Rudiger instead and just bench Raphinha this week?

Not like Jimenez is lighting it up ahead of Armstrong atm, the latter has a great run of fixtures, you'd get the Chelsea defender you want in long term anyway, be rid of Tsimi and have Raphinha for Watford, Southampton, Wolves, Norwich.
I have like 2m in the bank. I'll look into this, it sounds interesting. I just hope Raphinha is only out 1 week...

Edit: Just realised I can simply do Bamford to anyone around 7.5 or below and still swap Tsimikas to Rudiger next week and then my planned CR7 to Lukaku the week after so I avoid the hit and also get rid of Tsimikas whilst getting in the transfers I want.

I guess the question now is how long Raphinha is out and is he even worth it on his return considering how Leeds are looking/Bamford being out...

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
In theory it’s the path of least resistance but if one or both of them happen to blank any week (and Ronnys fixtures get harder) then teams with a better spread have more chances of passing you by. I think 2 x 6.5 -8 and any 1 premium striker gives you the best points per million value and spread the money across better defenders or maybe upgrade a midfielder to Grealish or even Son when he gets going again

You can only captain one premium at the end of the day.
Completely agree, that was my initial logic but I think two factors potentially changing things are how firstly just how dangerous Ronaldo looks and secondly the poor form of those 6.5m-8.5m mid-tier midfield options. Doesn’t seem to be a massive amount of value there and options like Gray and Sarr could be just as effective.

I still think I’ll make the switch and just run with Lukaku / Salah for a few weeks, but I’m less confident on that than I was.

Indnyc

Had to take a -8 to sort my team out after Bamford. Hopefully this is a kick ass bench boost that claws me back the hit and more. Theoretically it should save me hits in the coming game weeks too.

Wouldn't you want to play Sarr against Newcastle?

Edit: Nevermind. I read your post again..

RedDevil@84

With all the injuries, I think Bielsa will ask players to fall back and defend. The West Ham players (Benrahma and Antonio) may not bring loads of points as people are expecting.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
With all the injuries, I think Bielsa will ask players to fall back and defend. The West Ham players (Benrahma and Antonio) may not bring loads of points as people are expecting.
I genuinely don’t think they know how to. They really should have signed a central defender or even two during the summer. Someone gettable the big clubs were linked with but didn’t go for in the end. I bet someone like that Badiashille lad would look like a great long term signing for them.

Last edited:
I was at the Leeds game. They got thumped, didn’t change a thing at any point in the game. Bielsa just goes with it… looked a trendy genius in the Championship, looks a bit ‘no Plan B’ in the Premier League.

The players that come in may change shape a bit but still see him playing same tactics

Playing about with the wildcard. Not thinking of using this week though.

Ramsdale Sanchez
TAA Alonso Rudiger Cancelo Livra
Salah Raphinha Sarr Gallagher Benrahma
Lukaku Antonio Armstrong
Still got the same seat that’s in your poster description? I’m in next block on Saturday (3103)

I‘ll wave. You’ll spot me, I’ll be wearing jeans and a football top.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I was away few days. Can someone please tell me what is up with Leeds players? Bamford and Ayling injured? That is confirmed?