Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Need a replacement for Bamford for the next 2 weeks.

Torn between Maupay, Jimenez and Dennis
You, me and many others. I am between 2 options. To wait now and put Ings next round or buy Dennis now.
Jimenez i don't even consider because he is out of form. And Maupay...well, Brighton is too defensive imo.

But i will buy Sarr instead of Raph this week

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My squad for the week wiis awful.

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Livramento
Salah Greenwood Raphinha Sarr Gilmour
Lukaku Jimenez

Bench/unavailable: Ayling, Bamford, Williams

As Bamford will likely return next week I don’t want to take a hit to transfer him out. Gilmour was literally brought with the purpose of getting 2 points when everyone else cannot play so even though I had an idea to upgrade him for the week by taking a hit (I got 2.0m in the bank), it feels counter productive. I think I will just let it ride for the weekend, accept I am going to fall even further behind in my MLs and just stick to the plan for the upcoming weeks.

Dimitar09

Antonio transfer in for Lukaku this week considering the fixtures?
Or just stick with Lukaku and hope he graps one against City?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Need to select 3 out of Dias/Alonso/Shaw/Marcal/Duffy

Any suggestions?
First 3. Think Chelsea city could easily be a 0-0. Shaw has to surely get a clean sheet again soon… surely? Post Grealish Villa are pretty poor although they had a mini resurgence in their last game at home to Everton in the second half… Dont know why they aren’t starting Leon Bailly because he looks sparky and direct, well suited to the league in the limited minutes he’s been given so far. I can see a lot of mangers chopping and changing between him and Sarr this season and going crazy for missing out on the biggest hauls….

@Dirty Schwein I love me a 6-6.5 forward this season. 10 goals off any of them with an in form premium and a safer pick (7.5-8.5) and you're sorted. I can also see a lot of managers going back to 4-3-3/3-4-3 when DCL comes back because he’s going to keep hauling if he’s fit and on penos. Himself and Antonio are pretty reliable, nailed and relatively cheap. I’d personally rather have DCL + Antonio + Kane/Ron/Lukaku than Lukaku and ronaldo and 2 x 4.5 fodder on the bench.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our squads are identical, bar Gilmour and Tsimi. I have the same issue with Bamford too, but I was planning on using the wildcard before week 8, so I’m not sure if it’s worth rolling over a transfer this week.

I’ve been playing around with a team to get Ronaldo and Lukaku, which can be done in three moves.

Bamford to ASM
Greenwood to Gallagher
Antonio to Lukaku
(Optional Benrahma to Raphina if you preferred him).

Assuming you choose to bench Tsimi and Gilmour, you can then rotate whoever has the toughest fixture onto the bench. Admittedly I haven’t checked the fixtures, but this would probably only be a four week stretch to accommodate Chelsea’s good fixtures.

Would be interested to hear your feedback.
Would have to see a bit more of Gallagher. That game he scored 2 fortuitous goals that dropped perfectly for him, I'd literally thought this guy is so average just before.
Two assists in a late collapse from Tottenham too.

Are Palace that good though, will he score man generally?
Seems a big drop in threat from Greenwood, whose place could admittedly drop off soon. Although he looks way more tasty than Sancho right now, and in home games surely we don't need to go McFred as a block, so Sancho and Greenwood could still flank Ronnie.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Am I one of the few players here who still believes in Bruno
It feels a bit like he's dropped off a gear knowing he's now second fiddle to Ronaldo, like in the internationals.
His sub appearance in midweek felt like the worst of Stevie Me. Loads of shots from miles out, and hollywood balls.

Still, until we know who takes pens, we can't say for sure he's a write off. He'll still bag when we lash teams.

suheilsworld

Still think he has a lot to offer Bruno. He was unlucky not to get the assist from CR against West Ham.
Hoping he comes good. He needs to make more runs in the box and somehow find a way to not occupy the same space and Ronaldo and find his own. Having Ronaldo and Bruno in the final third for the chances can only be better for United

Dan_F

Would have to see a bit more of Gallagher. That game he scored 2 fortuitous goals that dropped perfectly for him, I'd literally thought this guy is so average just before.
Two assists in a late collapse from Tottenham too.

Are Palace that good though, will he score man generally?
Seems a big drop in threat from Greenwood, whose place could admittedly drop off soon. Although he looks way more tasty than Sancho right now, and in home games surely we don't need to go McFred as a block, so Sancho and Greenwood could still flank Ronnie.
Agree about that, but there’s a good chance Rashford is back after the international break too.

I guess it comes down more to how many you think Lukaku scores. If he hauls a couple times in those four games, it’s almost a bonus if Gallagher scores.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You, me and many others. I am between 2 options. To wait now and put Ings next round or buy Dennis now.
Jimenez i don't even consider because he is out of form. And Maupay...well, Brighton is too defensive imo.

But i will buy Sarr instead of Raph this week
The issue with Ings is that Villa attack so far, and Ings in paricular have been really underwhelming. Their underlying numbers are worse than BHA and Watford, so not really sure what to make of it. I was planning on bringing him in once Leeds' fixtures turn, but I'm not so sure if I'd do that now

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Do I take a -4 to swap Raphinha to Sarr?

On the one hand, Raphinha might play, has decent long-term fixtures and is usually in amongst the goals. However, he could be injured and Leeds look awful... plus Bamford injured so doubt even if he plays this week that he'll get anything.

Then we have Sarr. Watford have amazing short-term fixtures, he's in amongst all their goals and his price will keep rising a good while yet. With that said, it's Watford, they're not gonna score too many goals and I'll be taking a -4...

So what say you?

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Best budget forward for the next few weeks anyone? Got Toney that could do with replacing as his next 4 fixtures are awful, the rest of the squad is fine so no extra funds coming from anywhere. May just keep him as he'll play and may get a pen, but that doesn't inspire confidence.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Best budget forward for the next few weeks anyone? Got Toney that could do with replacing as his next 4 fixtures are awful, the rest of the squad is fine so no extra funds coming from anywhere. May just keep him as he'll play and may get a pen, but that doesn't inspire confidence.
The other option is to move Bruno on too, so Bruno & Toney out, Ronaldo and £5.6 or less mid in.

podurban2

On the one hand, Raphinha might play, has decent long-term fixtures and is usually in amongst the goals. However, he could be injured and Leeds look awful... plus Bamford injured so doubt even if he plays this week that he'll get anything.

Then we have Sarr. Watford have amazing short-term fixtures, he's in amongst all their goals and his price will keep rising a good while yet. With that said, it's Watford, they're not gonna score too many goals and I'll be taking a -4...

So what say you?
I would never take a -4 to get Sarr in… you have no one from the bench to come in for at least 2 points?

Teja

So what say you?
I wouldn't take the hit if you can field someone that can start in Raphinha's place (Livramento?)

To make up for the hit, Sarr would at least have to score (assist would mean you're at -1 points after the transfer) and that's never a guarantee. You could play the price rise game, but they have Leeds (A), Liverpool (H), Everton (A) coming up. Don't think they're particularly good fixtures wise.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I would never take a -4 to get Sarr in… you have no one from the bench to come in for at least 2 points?
I wouldn't take the hit if you can field someone that can start in Raphinha's place (Livramento?)

To make up for the hit, Sarr would at least have to score (assist would mean you're at -1 points after the transfer) and that's never a guarantee. You could play the price rise game, but they have Leeds (A), Liverpool (H), Everton (A) coming up. Don't think they're particularly good fixtures wise.
My bench is:

White, Tsimikas and Brownhill.

Tsimikas won't play.
Brownhill is yellow flagged (the moment I need the cnut :mad:)
White will play but that means I have no room for ANY other player to miss out...

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I’d just keep Toney for a week or 2 at least and see how he gets on. He looked very good last weekend.
And there’s no obvious budget striker at the minute.

Once Edouard starts maybe.
ASM possibly but he’s a transfer out waiting to happen.
I was looking at Iheanacho but don’t think he’s going to start.
Watford strikers - meh.
Maybe Armstrong at Southampton.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I’d just keep Toney for a week or 2 at least and see how he gets on. He looked very good last weekend.
And there’s no obvious budget striker at the minute.

Once Edouard starts maybe.
ASM possibly but he’s a transfer out waiting to happen.
I was looking at Iheanacho but don’t think he’s going to start.
Watford strikers - meh.
Maybe Armstrong at Southampton.
Yeah, there aren't really any inspiring budget forwards. I'm thinking of swapping Bruno for Ronaldo and Toney for a mid like Kovacic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bloody hell, i am running out of time. Gave up of Sarr. Will wait for Raphinha. So striker up to 8 mil. Striker, striker, striker....who to pick, who to fecking pick?!
fecking Bamford and his injury.

Edit: why i want Ings this much? Against us he will not score surely. And with having Shaw and DDG, i don't want him to score.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nearly everyone going for Ronaldo captain?

Antonio looks like he could easily get a very big score this weekend too.

Just hoping we dismantle Villa and Ronaldo gets more than 1. If you didn’t own him you’d surely be dreading this fixture to be fair….

Moby

Dick
Nearly everyone going for Ronaldo captain?

Antonio looks like he could easily get a very big score this weekend too.

Just hoping we dismantle Villa and Ronaldo gets more than 1. If you didn’t own him you’d surely be dreading this fixture to be fair….
FPL Twitter is backing Antonio.

Dan_F

FPL Twitter is backing Antonio.
I backed him once this season and it paid off. I’m not sure about risking it again.

If you’ve got Ronaldo at 12.5, you’ve gotta captain him in fixtures like these. Villa have their own injuries, admittedly not in defence.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Captaining Ronaldo myself, and i have all the biguns bar Trent and Bruno to choose from. Antonio might score points yeh, but you hold Ronaldo for these games.

We are Villa's bogey team, 18 games and weve won 12 and drawn 4 with them. Ronaldo always scores against them (before he left), we've had a penalty in three consecutive games against them and we're at home ffs. We should score. Have to captain him simply.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Any news on Raphinha? I want to take him out for Sarr. But I also want to save my transfer and use 2 next week so I can play the wildcard the week after. Any advice lads? @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
No news mate. I had a similar problem. I've decided to leave him in and let Big Ben White come in if he misses. His fixtures over the medium term are far better than Sarr.

suheilsworld

Just for this weekend. Ya, I may get rid of Shaw soon.
Shaw has been a bit of a let down with the absence of clean sheets. Add to that we haven’t seen good attacking reruns for him. Might be tempted to transfer him out with better options like Alonso, Rudiger and Dias who have much better fixture list coming up. Although Shaw is second highest for crosses made and I heard that since we signed CR, he’s had more crosses in the box but without any returns.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shaw has been a bit of a let down with the absence of clean sheets. Add to that we haven’t seen good attacking reruns for him. Might be tempted to transfer him out with better options like Alonso, Rudiger and Dias who have much better fixture list coming up. Although Shaw is second highest for crosses made and I heard that since we signed CR, he’s had more crosses in the box but without any returns.
Alonso tops every defender imo. Only problem is rotation chance

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any news on Raphinha? I want to take him out for Sarr. But I also want to save my transfer and use 2 next week so I can play the wildcard the week after. Any advice lads? @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
If you have a vaguely solid player on the bench, you probably want to hold Raphina due to Leeds up coming run.

Not 100% on Sarr. Think people are getting a bit giddy on him battering a terrible Norwich team. Granted they play Newcastle, but is a potential one week haul there better in the long run?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tomorrow's fixtures like some decent viewing. The choice of 12.30s and Leeds West Ham.

Will be at the Wycombe v MK away game, hoping to find the United game somewhere pre game on my phone, but will settle for the Chelsea game on the BT sports app otherwise.