Fantasy Premier League 21/22

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Guess I need to commit to the wildcard tonight or not. I don’t hate my team despite a could of bad weeks, but I can’t get on the City defenders without loads of hits due to how my funds are split.

Dan_F

So what was the outcome of that conversation earlier about wildcarding but only getting the benefit of the price rise if you haven’t pressed the WC button? Was that true?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So what was the outcome of that conversation earlier about wildcarding but only getting the benefit of the price rise if you haven’t pressed the WC button? Was that true?
That was someone theorising that price rises are more likely to happen if you don’t hit the wildcard button, because wildcard transfers are believed to contribute less to the price rises and falls.

Dan_F

That was someone theorising that price rises are more likely to happen if you don’t hit the wildcard button, because wildcard transfers are believed to contribute less to the price rises and falls.
Oh, nevermind then. Definitely going to ditch Ronaldo, Coufal, Greenwood tonight.

Paul_Scholes18

So the big thing is what do we do with United players?

I feel like selling Greenwood for sure.
Ronaldo surely not benched again.
Shaw still solid, but City def and Chelsea def stronger.
Bruno, Pogba, Varane or whoever you might have should go too I guess.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So the big thing is what do we do with United players?

I feel like selling Greenwood for sure.
Ronaldo surely not benched again.
Shaw still solid, but City def and Chelsea def stronger.
Bruno, Pogba, Varane or whoever you might have should go too I guess.
If it were me I'd just play the fixtures and get rid of all of them, then re-assess when our fixtures get better in GW15.

Not wildcarding as I don't have enough need to but if I was I'd have: Salah & Lukaku as my two heavy hitters, one or two Chelsea defenders, one or two City defenders, Antonio, Raphinha, Livramento, maybe a cheaper Arsenal squad filler like Ramsdale/White/ESR and then fill in the rest around that.

Paul_Scholes18

If it were me I'd just play the fixtures and get rid of all of them, then re-assess when our fixtures get better in GW15.

Not wildcarding as I don't have enough need to but if I was I'd have: Salah & Lukaku as my two heavy hitters, one or two Chelsea defenders, one or two City defenders, Antonio, Raphinha, Livramento, maybe a cheaper Arsenal squad filler like Ramsdale/White/ESR and then fill in the rest around that.
I feel like Kane might get going. We all focus Lukaku and Ronaldo, but forget the top scorer of last season.

JuriM

Goalscorers?
That weren't the ones that can bring points for most of my opponents?

Be careful with the Better FPL extension, apparently it's easier for hackers to steal your login details through these third party extensions.
It's just a Chrome extension, nothing more. If Chrome is announced unsafe, I think we all have much more issues than just FPL.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I have been torn between Toney and Jimenez on my WC...

Both in a bit of form and have great fixtures with Toney having the slightly better ones (has a run of Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle).

Am I mad to be considering getting then both in and dropping Antonio???

Paul_Scholes18

Both in a bit of form and have great fixtures with Toney having the slightly better ones (has a run of Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle).

I think to actually drop Lukaku make most sense.

The question is which expensive midfielder do you buy?

KDB a massive differential, Bruno or Son. Maybe Mane.

Antonio got some tricky games though, but historically he scores in the hard games a fair amount.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Antonio got some tricky games though, but historically he scores in the hard games a fair amount.
Not sure I agree. The donkey usually bullies shit teams and I'll be too nervous of I don't have him for those.

Paul_Scholes18

Not sure I agree. The donkey usually bullies shit teams and I'll be too nervous of I don't have him for those.
Yeah true Norwich at home when we play Liverpool.

He will be the popular captain for that one.

Still if Lukaku do not have pens then is he worth all that money?

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

I am going Toney. I want to keep Antonio for 2 more games. If he doesn’t score or if he is rotated then he goes out for Jimenez. What’s your defense?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I am going Toney. I want to keep Antonio for 2 more games. If he doesn’t score or if he is rotated then he goes out for Jimenez. What’s your defense?
Good plan. Might follow suit.

Rudiger, Cancelo, TAA, (Liveromento, Duffy)

RDCR07

I’m actually taking out Trent for 5 GWs. I just think City and Chelsea have a better schedule so I’m doubling up on their defense. But I will have 1.5 in the bank so he can come straight back in.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I’m actually taking out Trent for 5 GWs. I just think City and Chelsea have a better schedule so I’m doubling up on their defense. But I will have 1.5 in the bank so he can come straight back in.
That is something I've thought about... Will depend if he's fit for Watford or not.

RDCR07

KDB hasn’t done anything this year. His fitness has been declining over the past 2 years so he will be rotated heavily. They have enough talent there to win without him. And I wouldn’t touch any United assets right now. Both defense and attack are shit and we have a horrid run of fixtures coming up. Spurs are a shambles and both Kane and Son aren’t firing. Again no. I’m sure you have Salah so why double up on Mane and the same team and use a quarter of your budget up? And you want to take out Lukaku for one these options?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Quite similar to my defense except I will have Dias in for Cancelo to cover City and Tomiyasu instead of Duffy (as I have Sanchez in goal so wouldn’t want to double down on Brighton defense).

RDCR07

Anyone thinking of premium keepers? I understand they may not have much save points but their clean sheets are much more guaranteed than say a 4.5 keeper.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Quite similar to my defense except I will have Dias in for Cancelo to cover City and Tomiyasu instead of Duffy (as I have Sanchez in goal so wouldn’t want to double down on Brighton defense).
I only have Duffy because I swapped Sanchez to Ramsdale.

Anyone thinking of premium keepers? I understand they may not have much save points but their clean sheets are much more guaranteed than say a 4.5 keeper.
I never get them. It's not just that the lower keepers get save points (and bonuses when they clean sheet), they also don't tie up money like a premium does.

They're ceiling is just way too low.

Example:

Ederson and Ben White (10.4) will never match Ramsdale and Cancelo (10.6).

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nope. I will basically take whichever 4.5 keeper looks best at the beginning of season and will stick with it unless they look distinctly bad (eg Ryan last year who also eventually lost his place). Sanchez has done all right for me this year so far so I don’t even think about it.

Sanchez, TAA, Salah and Raphinha are four players that aside from injuries I will not rotate for the rest of season.

Varun

Staff
Vardy has slipped under the radar amidst all this Ronaldo vs Lukaku discussions. Only 2 blanks so far, a brace to boot.

Dan_F

Vardy has slipped under the radar amidst all this Ronaldo vs Lukaku discussions. Only 2 blanks so far, a brace to boot.
I’d worry about him starting every game with the Europa too, but it seems like Leicester are tanking that. Him and Son have pretty even fixtures over the next five weeks, so it’s definitely one to consider.

This WC is going to be a nightmare in terms of team structure. Just going with Salah, Lukaku and TAA seems to leave so much spare cash, considering how many lower priced options there are.

I’m very tempted to take a punt on a Vardy or Son, then just downgrade and spread the cash if it fails. Easier than trying to get them in after a WC.