Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dan_F

Yeah agree, I’m booting them both out though.

Lukaku isn’t suited to the PL and never even looks like scoring, and Ron is in a team devoid of coaching.

Both should be around 9-10 million, and neither are even close to Salah or pre-Ronaldo Bruno levels.
This just isn’t true. On another day Lukaku would have scored or assisted a couple against Spurs, he hit the post and had a goal ruled out for offside today. You can still have a premium striker with the likes of Antonio, Cancelo etc.

Zen

Let's be having you Auba! Went with him over Lukaku.... but might just go with Lukaku anyway post-Leicester game. We'll see.

Tomiyasu to come in for Alonso, planned for this Chilwell shit to happen. Shaw back in and it's kinda paid off as I'll be up .2 in the bank.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This just isn’t true. On another day Lukaku would have scored or assisted a couple against Spurs, he hit the post and had a goal ruled out for offside today. You can still have a premium striker with the likes of Antonio, Cancelo etc.
Chelsea have scored 6 goals in their last 3 PL games, that means he’s had 12 opportunities to be involved in a goal and he’s got nothing.

He’s isolated up top and out of form.

IMO he isn’t suited particularly well to the PL, but that’s by the by really.

He’s way overpriced for what he’s offering. As with Ronaldo, Kane and Aubergine.

Nickosaur

Don't you love fretting over your team all week and the whole lot of them being absolute frauds!

Those with Jimenez will do well. Average going to be so low this week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm definitely avoiding the double up on Chelsea defence. It's a minefield. Will stick with Rudiger and bring in a City defender for Shaw. Probably take a hit to remove Greenwood for anyone. Ronaldo gets another game week and then he's gone for the donkey.

Dan_F

Chelsea have scored 6 goals in their last 3 PL games, that means he’s had 12 opportunities to be involved in a goal and he’s got nothing.

He’s isolated up too and out of form.

IMO he isn’t suited particularly well to the PL, but that’s by the by really.

He’s way overpriced for what he’s offering. As with Ronaldo, Kane and Aubergine.
You’re watching different games to me, if you’re watching them. He looked sharp against Spurs and could have easily ended up with 15 points today. Again, he did score but it got ruled out and he hit the post. That’s not the game of someone who’s isolated.

Where does your money go if you only have Salah as a premium option?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
14 from 7. Horror show. Luckily the main Chelsea guys plus Raphinha also blanked so damage limitation.

Wildcard activated. At least 10 of my 15 are nailed on to go. Some of them will never ever return (I'm looking at you Luke fecking Shaw).

Withnail

It’s how I look at it, and how most top FPL managers do also.

A goal equals 2 opportunities for an asset to be involved.
That makes no sense to me at all, I'm afraid.

If he came deep and passed to the assister and was the behind the play, for example, he had zero opportunities to do either.

If he missed two sitters in a nil-all is that somehow better?

Rhyme Animal

That makes no sense to me at all, I'm afraid.

If he came deep and passed to the assister and was the behind the play, for example, he had zero opportunities to do either.

If he missed two sitters in a nil-all is that somehow better?
That’s great but doesn’t bring points I’m afraid. Think we might have crossed wires / be talking about differing points tbh mate.

I don’t care about an 11.7 million striker assisting the assister or ‘could’ve scored 15 points’, I care about points and points only.

Lukaku has blanked in 4 games in a row for Chelsea, 3 of those being PL games, and 2 of those being games where Chelsea scored 3 goals a game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Happy about Jimenez but most of my league rivals have already taken him. Other than that I get absolutely nothing except for Livramento’s assist, my captain Lukaku blanks and I only have Sanchez, Tomiyasu and Odegaard left - I can’t say I expect more than 6 points from them total. Salah too but everyone has him so it doesn’t matter.

Withnail

That’s great but doesn’t bring points I’m afraid. Think we might have crossed wires / be talking about differing points tbh mate.

I don’t care about an 11.7 million striker assisting the assister or ‘could’ve scored 15 points’, I care about points and points only.

Lukaku has blanked in 4 games in a row for Chelsea, 3 of those being PL games, and 2 of those being games where Chelsea scored 3 goals a game.
I'm not saying it's any use. I just don't see what the score has to do with it. If he's regularly not getting points he's no use regardless of the score.

Rhyme Animal

I'm not saying it's any use. I just don't see what the score has to do with it. If he's regularly not getting points he's no use regardless of the score.
Each goal is essentially 2 opportunities for an attacker to bring points.

When people see Chelsea have scored 3 goals, they expect the 11.7 mill forward to be involved within those 6 opportunities. It’s what attackers are paid to do.

Look at it this way - hypothetically, if Chelsea kept on winning, but Lukaku kept on blanking, like dozens of games in a row - would Tuchel keep playing him for his ‘playmaking’ or drop him?

Withnail

Each goal is essentially 2 opportunities for an attacker to bring points.

When people see Chelsea have scored 3 goals, they expect the 11.7 mill forward to be involved within those 6 opportunities. It’s what attackers are paid to do.

Look at it this way - hypothetically, if Chelsea kept on winning, but Lukaku kept on blanking, like dozens of games in a row - would Tuchel keep playing him for his ‘playmaking’ or drop him?
He'd be out of my team if he kept blanking regardless of how many the team scored.

It doesn't seem like I'm going to understand where you're coming from on is at all, I'm afraid.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

You can always selectively pick games and make a case.

Both Ronaldo And Lukaku have scored three league goals. And they’ll score again

Dan_F

Front line of Antonio, Vardy, Toney / Jimenez.

Then pack the midfield and defence with talent.

Keep Ron and Rom if you want, I’ll be looking to replace both as soon as I can without taking hits.
Ah okay. That makes sense. Vardy is a premium option, you can still do all those things with Lukaku in your team ahead of Vardy. I’m not keeping Ronaldo, fixtures are bad and he is not getting chances. The complete opposite to Lukaku.

If Lukaku doesn’t outscore Vardy from weeks 8-12 I’ll be surprised. I guess if you invest that 1.3 million in the right place you could still get higher points overall, but there’s not much between the midfielders at 6 million and the midfielders at 8 million for example.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Think everyone needs to calm down. The average is like 11 points at the minute. Just a rare shitty game week. They happen.

If it makes anyone feel better I've seen people in some of my leagues taking -8's and barely scraping a zero.

Rhyme Animal

Ah okay. That makes sense. Vardy is a premium option, you can still do all those things with Lukaku in your team ahead of Vardy. I’m not keeping Ronaldo, fixtures are bad and he is not getting chances. The complete opposite to Lukaku.

If Lukaku doesn’t outscore Vardy from weeks 8-12 I’ll be surprised. I guess if you invest that 1.3 million in the right place you could still get higher points overall, but there’s not much between the midfielders at 6 million and the midfielders at 8 million for example.
A defence of TAA - Cancelo - Dias - Rudiger - Azbi could be an interesting way to set up…

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Think everyone needs to calm down. The average is like 11 points at the minute. Just a rare shitty game week. They happen.

If it makes anyone feel better I've seen people in some of my leagues taking -8's and barely scraping a zero.
Only 8 players in the top 50 in the Caf league are currently beating 20 points.