Supports
Everton
I think this is my final selection:

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Tsimikas Coufal
Salah Bruno Greenwood Son
Wilson Toney

Subs: Foster, Obafemi, Ayling, Gilmour
Was wondering how you could fit them all in but the bench is a tad weak.
I have nearly the exact same team except ive transferred out TAA and Wilson for Mings, Barnes and Ings.
And have Veltman on the bench as well who i maybe dont need, hmmm.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'll do what i do every year:

Pick "the best team ever!", then do shit the first 2 week and forget about it.
A couple months later i use wildcard, cause now i know who'll be good this season. This way i change 15 players' form for the rest of the season.
Or, atleast up to january when i can use another wildcard and change 15 other players' form for a while.
Then say feck fantasy football, i'll never play it again.

Do the same next year

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Is Ben Foster the number one GK at Watford?
Is expected that Bachmann will start however no-one knows, not even Foster.

He was on this FPL channel yesterday saying that:

If you're picking him I would have another keeper who will definitley start in as well.

Relfy

My (current) final lineup, but no doubt there will be a tweak later on. I've gone pretty much all in on the first XI - I might tweak that to give at least one stronger bench option - currently Bissouma - low(ish) scorer but a regular player so shouldn't be hit with a zero. I'll probably give them a week or three and then debate a reshuffle.

Sanchez
TAA - Shaw - Targett
Bruno - Salah - Raphinha - Greenwood
Antonio - Ings - Toney

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I'm undecided between these two options, basically Greenwood & Watkins or Sancho & Obafemi, the second option leaves cash to get Lukaku in for Vardy, but I'd have to play 442

Sanchez (Bachmann)
Shaw, Tsimikas, Digne (White, Ayling)
Salah, Bruno, Greenwood, Sarr (Bissouma)
Vardy, Watkins, Toney

Sanchez (Bachmann)
Shaw, Tsimikas, Digne, White (Ayling)
Salah, Bruno, Sancho, Sarr (Bissouma)
Vardy, Toney (Obafemi)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thank you.

I currently have Smith Rowe as my 5th midfielder now and have replaced JWP with Rafinha and Ihaneacho with Antonio.

I have lined up with a 3-5-2 this week with:

Sanchez
Digne, Días, Shaw
Smith-Rowe, Bruno, Salah, Rafinha, Greenwood
Toney, Antonio

I have Foster, Coufal, Watkins, and Manquillo on the bench.

The last is a 4.0 player, best I could find.

I elected to have three even strikers and figured week to week I would choose between Smith Rowe and Watkins based on opposition, fitness etc. But I could get a worse option than Smith Rowe who is 5.5, and get a better starting striker. How often can I make transfers and are there restrictions/limits? Like how important is my squad selection now?

Thoughts?

I could also get a shite midfielder at 4.5 which would get me within 0.5 of upgrading Dias to TAA in defence.
You get 1 free transfer every week. If you don't use it then it carries over and you have 2 the week after. You can never have more that 2 though, so you'd have to make a transfer at that point or it will go to waste. If you have no free transfers left in a week you can still make as many extra transfers as you like but each one will cost you -4 points, so best to do that sparingly. But basically it means you can make a change every week for free, so your team doesn't have to be perfect from the start.

Your team is perfectly fine as is though and all your picks are ones I've seen top FPL managers argue for. You have a nice mix of shorter and longer term picks too.

If it was me though, I'd make the TAA change as nearly all the better managers are starting with him and there's no need to expose yourself to the risk that they're right. If it was me I'd probably look at swapping Dias + Coufal + ESR to TAA + a 4.5 defender (maybe someone like Ben White, Ayling from Leeds, or Veltman from Brighton) + a 4.5 midfielder (Gilmour). It might look like you're downgrading a lot with those moves but the reality is that two of those players will be on your bench every week, so they're just there to act as cover. You would then have a strong first choice 11 to start every week and can focus your transfers on them week after week.

Edit: Also you haven't mentioned it but I'd captain Salah and vice-captain Bruno this week.

Last edited:

RedDevilLucio

The reason I'm not shifting everything around for Lukaku is because he didn't have tremendous success in the best league before. I don't think he'll set the world on fire this time around either. Plus he's gonna take some time getting used to this league, again
Lukaku is 20th in all time list of EPL goals with 113. I’d call that success I’m going to leave out a couple of weeks while he re adjusts to English game.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I'm undecided between these two options, basically Greenwood & Watkins or Sancho & Obafemi, the second option leaves cash to get Lukaku in for Vardy, but I'd have to play 442

Sanchez (Bachmann)
Shaw, Tsimikas, Digne (White, Ayling)
Salah, Bruno, Greenwood, Sarr (Bissouma)
Vardy, Watkins, Toney

Sanchez (Bachmann)
Shaw, Tsimikas, Digne, White (Ayling)
Salah, Bruno, Sancho, Sarr (Bissouma)
Vardy, Toney (Obafemi)
Didnt Ole say that Sancho has only had 1.5 training session.
He'll not start the season wil lhe.
The Greenwood team for me. He's played all of pre-season.

Im not worried about Lukaku yet myself. He'll not play tomorrow (I think). Can get him in, in a few weeks when the dust settles.

New team

Ederson
AWB - Dunk - Cresswell - Dias
Fernandes - Son - Zaha - Souceck
Ings - Toney

Thoughtsss???​
Ok so this is my new new team - i think im done now. Thanks for your suggestions x

Ederson
AWB - Dunk - Cresswell - Dias
Fernandes - Salah - Barnes - Souceck
Ings - Toney​

Bench
Guaita
Dallas
Coady
Vydra

stretford_oslo

Ok, so this is final. Feels really template, but that's ok.

Sanchez
TAA - Shaw - Coufal
Salah - Bruno - Jota - Raphinha
Ings - Toney - Antonio

Subs: Foster, White, Amartey, Gilmour

TheRedDevil2019

Ederson
Pereira- Silva- Shaw- Digne

Grealish - Fernandes - Son - Saka

Calvert Lewin - Jiménez

subs: Dean Henderson, Josh King, Gilmour, Firpo

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
Seems like almost every fpl player has Ings in their teams
Ownership is actually around 36% so not "everybody" but definitely fairly high. Having said that Bruno is around 50% and Shaw is nearly 55% and the most well owned player.

Buendia being passed fit is a big help for Ings.

Oranges038

Schemichel, Sanchez,

White, Ayling, Dunk, TAA, Tsimikas,
Gundogan, Sterling, Dallas, Grealish, Mbuemo
Toney, Kane, Pukki

Looking for a goalfest between City and Spurs.

I'll leave it like that for a while and see how we are getting on, I might have to take out one of the City players if Kane goes there. Deal with that if it happens.

ell

Just panicked and got rid of DCL and Havertz to fund Salah. If FPL has taught me anything over the past 4 years it is to have Salah.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just panicked and got rid of DCL and Havertz to fund Salah. If FPL has taught me anything over the past 4 years it is to have Salah.
It's a pain int he arse because he costs so much but he always gets points. Plus he's had a long rest.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
It's a pain int he arse because he costs so much but he always gets points. Plus he's had a long rest.
Throughout preseason Salah has yet to get a goal or assist and has been very wastefull .........,having said that...he rather than Bruno is in my side :-)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I know Lukaku won't play in the first round of matches. Probably not Sancho either. So I might take one of them out tomorrow if I can be bothered. But I'm happy enough with that bench even if I don't. I just wanted to make sure my first choice XI added up to £100m before I start tinkering with temporary ins and outs.

Other than White, every single one of my outfield players is known for their end product. And the case for White is that he cost big money in real life. So he's bound to rack up appearance points even if he doesn't perform well for Arteta.
Sorry but this is a very daft team. Your captain won't play, your VC hasn't played a competitive game for almost a year, Sancho isn't up to speed either. That's more than 1/4 of the budget thrown out of the window.

You need to consider yourself very lucky if the template teams with Salah(c), Bruno, Antonio etc. don't find themselves 30+ ahead of you after GW1.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Struggling here :lol:

Wanting to fit Bruno, Sancho and Salah in my team and also have a decent strikeforce and defence.

Currently have:

Schmeichel
Coufal - Stones - Shaw
Bruno - Buendia - Salah - Sancho
Toney - Ings - Wood

Subs: Foster, Tsimikas, Livramento, Brownhill

Pickle85

Wanting to fit Bruno, Sancho and Salah in my team and also have a decent strikeforce and defence.

Currently have:

Schmeichel
Coufal - Stones - Shaw
Toney - Ings - Wood

Will Sancho start tomorrow, do we reckon?

Samid

Currently have:

Schmeichel
Coufal - Stones - Shaw
Toney - Ings - Wood

Don't overcomplicate it. Greenwood has minutes in his legs and is the form player, get him. Sancho can wait.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Don't overcomplicate it. Greenwood has minutes in his legs and is the form player, get him. Sancho can wait.
I want to be able to just one swap the players out though, because I might want Lukaku after a few weeks. If I've got Greenwood I can't straight swap him. Would have to transfer two players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Greenwood and Jota both at 7.5m represent value but unsure which to move for. Jota I like his fixtures and his directness really puts him in great stead but unsure if hel start. Greenwood though might be more passive but scores out of nowhere.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Currently have:

Schmeichel
Coufal - Stones - Shaw
Toney - Ings - Wood

Not actually a bad team. Sancho won't play the first game though so maybe have Grealish/Greenwood go in first and then bring him in after.

Wood is a gutsy differential but I'd probably transfer him out for a similar level but slightly better striker (e.g. DCL/Bamford/Antonio).

I advise downgrading Schmikes > Sanchez if you're struggling for funds.

Sincerely,
Google Cup Winner 2023/24

ROFLUTION

Landed on this team. 0.5 in the bank to shift out Amartey or move to Cavani

Sanchez
Amartey - TAA - Shaw - Tsimikas
Salah - Bruno - Raphinha - Son
Ings - Antonio

Subs:Ayling, Brownhill, 4,5 fw, 4.0gk

Really had a long thought about this team and a lot of moves are possible. Thought of Torres for Raphinha for first two gw's but not sure i'll be happy to make cover up transfers. Easier toxhave 0.5 itb and move in round 2. Say Bamford for Antonio too

MUFC OK

So, this is me set.

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Cresswell
Salah(c) Bruno Gundo Barnes Raphinha
Antonio Toney
subs: Tsimikas Ayling

0.5m itb.

Happy with the flexibility and decided on Barnes, Cresswell over a 4.5 and Ings. Any changes?

Samid

I want to be able to just one swap the players out though, because I might want Lukaku after a few weeks. If I've got Greenwood I can't straight swap him. Would have to transfer two players.
You can't straight swap Sancho to Lukaku either, they're different positions.

It's so illogical to start the season with premium players who aren't up to speed and probably won't get many minutes. Complete waste of resources.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You can't straight swap Sancho to Lukaku either, they're different positions.

It's so illogical to start the season with premium players who aren't up to speed and probably won't get many minutes. Complete waste of resources.
I'm re-doing the experiment and making your team poor.