Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Paul_Scholes18

Can't wait for the fecking deadline. Creating your team should be fun but I'm constantly changing my mind. Think I'd forgotten how draining/all-consuming FPL can be. Haven't even started the season yet :lol:
It is funny cause me and Dirty got exactly the same team apart from me having Bachmann who I am not starting.

Thus we are going to have exactly the same points unless we change something.

It is a pretty template team. The only risk is Barnes really who I might change, but noone gives me joy.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Think Pep said he's not ready to start, and they play Spurs away.
Plus they have a tough run, and despite other injuries, those surely impact City's early season form?
Think Grealish will start personally.

Do you have any links to Pep saying otherwise?

podurban2

Yeah I am really trying to break the template. Seems really boring right now. Everyone has Sanchez, TAA, Shaw, Tsimi, Salah, Bruno, Greenwood, Raph, Ings, Toney, Antonio.
Nothing like my team! :nervous:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What do we think of Gray? 5.5m at Everton and should start in an attacking position.

Could be one of this year's hidden gems? Especially with their fixtures?
If they hadn’t sucked so bad against us last weekend I’d be into this as a differential. Reckon they’ll spank Southampton and DCL was good value last year. I’m going to just watch them this weekend though. Ready to move ings or Antonio to DCL if he starts strong. Less rotation risk than Ings and less injury prone than both. A repeat of last season and you could nearly set and forget Bamford and DCL and use the money elsewhere.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thanks. Think I'll stick with Martinez and see how it goes. The extra 1 doesn't do a huge amount for me right now.
I do have a nag about Martinez, as he popped up so often with those 10 pointers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok lad, definites in bold, rest i'm debating still

Sanchez Foster
TAA Shaw
Coufal Tsim White
Salah Bruno
Greenwood Raphinha Gilmour
Ings Antonio Toney

1. Martinez in there instead of Sanchez
  2. Gray Willock, Grealish, Barnes as other options instead of my lads

Pros and cons of leaving, versus changing?

Paul_Scholes18

Sanchez Foster
TAA Shaw
Coufal Tsim White
Salah Bruno
Ings Antonio Toney

You have the same template team as me and Dirty pretty much haha.

The difference is we go for Barnes over Greenwood and different bench.

Sanchez plus Steele or Sanchez Bachmann I feel are the strongest combos. Depend on if you want to spend 0.5.
Foster is not expected to play at least not gameweek 1. If Bachmann is awful he might have a chance though.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Sanchez Foster
TAA Shaw
Coufal Tsim White
Salah Bruno
Ings Antonio Toney

So ten definites?

just pick one and forget it.

You have the same template team as me and Dirty pretty much haha.

The difference is we go for Barnes over Greenwood and different bench.

Sanchez plus Steele or Sanchez Bachmann I feel are the strongest combos. Depend on if you want to spend 0.5.
Foster is not expected to play at least not gameweek 1. If Bachmann is awful he might have a chance though.
Of course he does. Everyone does. Anyone who asks a question gets a reply saying “put xxxxxx in” (because said replier has xxxxxx in their team)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
feck it. Gonna put my money where my mouth is and get bench boost done early with a wildcard planned to change the shape when Kane/Lukaku are settled in.

Schmeichel / Sanchez
Bertrand / Shaw / Tsimikas / Rudiger / Coufal
Salah / Jota / Greenwood / Barnes / Pepe
Toney / Ings / Antonio

£1.5m in the bank to bring in a city midfielder v Norwich.

Paul_Scholes18

Of course he does. Everyone does. Anyone who asks a question gets a reply saying “put xxxxxx in” (because said replier has xxxxxx in their team)
So yes any good differentials? I could change Bruno to Greenwood and play with things. Was going to have Cavani, but he is not going to play I think.

Thing is with City picks I have little clue how they will play or lineup. Grealish in central midfield I feel will be worse than Gundogan since he will be more creative rather than make runs into the box. Mahrez blows hot and cold a lot too. Sterling not sure if he will play. Torres will he play? If kane comes everything changes.

Thus I actually think if I have no other issues I might do Bruno to the best City if I feel like going agressive and make that guy captain. Very risky with Pep though I have done that before and got burned.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
feck it. Gonna put my money where my mouth is and get bench boost done early with a wildcard planned to change the shape when Kane/Lukaku are settled in.

Schmeichel / Sanchez
Bertrand / Shaw / Tsimikas / Rudiger / Coufal
Salah / Jota / Greenwood / Barnes / Pepe
Toney / Ings / Antonio

£1.5m in the bank to bring in a city midfielder v Norwich.
Why would you do a bench boost now?!
Having seen people get well over 100 points doing them in doubles last year?

podurban2

I’ve seen a few people with Tsimikas, why?
Will play first 4-5 games while Robbos out and Liverpool have good fixtures. For 4.0 he will provide a lot of points/price. Unless you have Jota/Firminho you probably want to include him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
And I was one of them. But I would've got over 100 points without it as well so...

It's just the shittest chip that causes you to mess up your team structure and gives you a massive benching headache for weeks after. Had so many bench points last season it was unreal.

Would rather plough all my cash into my first 11 on a double gw.

Paul_Scholes18

The actual point from the bench is often not that big. Normally you only have like 10-12 guys with doubles. If you wildcard just before you can get a full squad, but it might not be worth the effort I think since you spread your budget a lot.

It worked for me since both my keepers got around 10 points in the double, but my outfields had singles with good fixtures so no different than his team now. Also the players I brought in I wanted long term too. Sadly getting Soucek as a cheap guy was a pure disaster and I benched his hauls and played him for a high point of 2 points.

I would still wait. Hard to know nailed picks right now and form from players. Also the cheap gems that can make a bench boost brilliant we do not know yet.

Deery

Dreary
Changed my team a little, it’s quite ordinary looking now though…

DeGea/Steele

Tierney Dias Zinchenko Targett/ Tismikas

Havertz Bruno Salah Grealish /Gilmour

Toney Ings /Vydra​

I’ve seen a few people with Tsimikas, why?
Because someone mentions him, everyone discusses it, there’s a group consent given then he becomes one of the “chosen template” players.

Play him if YOU think worth it else not.
And I was one of them. But I would've got over 100 points without it as well so...

It's just the shittest chip that causes you to mess up your team structure and gives you a massive benching headache for weeks after. Had so many bench points last season it was unreal.

Would rather plough all my cash into my first 11 on a double gw.
Good, well done, good luck, hope you get shedloads of points.

Paul_Scholes18

Changed my team a little, it’s quite ordinary looking now though…

DeGea/Steele

Tierney Dias Zinchenko Targett/ Tismikas

Havertz Bruno Salah Grealish /Gilmour

Toney Ings /Vydra​
Different and interesting. I still think De Gea is too risky. Shaw is standout for a reason.

Martinez plus Shaw is worth the extra over Targett and De Gea I think.

Zinchencho is probably not playing gameweek 1. If you change him to maybe Ayling or another 4.5 you can get Martinez plus Shaw.

Paul_Scholes18

Looks fine, you chose it, go for it. Good luck, hope Havertz kills it… I picked him early on then bottled it
The thing is we do not know who will start for Chelsea with Lukaku in.

I would wait and see with them. Probably expect Havertz, Werner and Ziyech to rotate.

Mount could be more nailed, but it is not sure and he is not that good that I would risk him gameweek 1.

Deery

Dreary
Different and interesting. I still think De Gea is too risky. Shaw is standout for a reason.

Martinez plus Shaw is worth the extra over Targett and De Gea I think.

Zinchencho is probably not playing gameweek 1. If you change him to maybe Ayling or another 4.5 you can get Martinez plus Shaw.
He’s always good against Spurs though Zinchenko, will look into it thanks..
Looks fine, you chose it, go for it. Good luck, hope Havertz kills it… I picked him early on then bottled it
Yeah Havertz is my dark horse hope he kills it. Good luck too. It’s all or nothing time..