Fantasy Premier League 21/22

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You get 1 free transfer every week. If you don't use it then it carries over and you have 2 the week after. You can never have more that 2 though, so you'd have to make a transfer at that point or it will go to waste. If you have no free transfers left in a week you can still make as many extra transfers as you like but each one will cost you -4 points, so best to do that sparingly. But basically it means you can make a change every week for free, so your team doesn't have to be perfect from the start.

Your team is perfectly fine as is though and all your picks are ones I've seen top FPL managers argue for. You have a nice mix of shorter and longer term picks too.

If it was me though, I'd make the TAA change as nearly all the better managers are starting with him and there's no need to expose yourself to the risk that they're right. If it was me I'd probably look at swapping Dias + Coufal + ESR to TAA + a 4.5 defender (maybe someone like Ben White, Ayling from Leeds, or Veltman from Brighton) + a 4.5 midfielder (Gilmour). It might look like you're downgrading a lot with those moves but the reality is that two of those players will be on your bench every week, so they're just there to act as cover. You would then have a strong first choice 11 to start every week and can focus your transfers on them week after week.

Edit: Also you haven't mentioned it but I'd captain Salah and vice-captain Bruno this week.
That’s amazing, thank you.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Martinez

Shaw
Dias
Trent
Digne

Salah
Sancho
Soucek
Greenwood

Toney
Ings

Meh. Did it in a couple of minutes and just followed instinct, it'll do.

I'll forget about fantasy football in a week or two anyway

Tarrou

I am thinking of going 3-5-2

who is the best budget striker to facilitate that? I'm thinking 5.5 or less

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I am still thinking of a Barnes alternative and that is Maddison, but not sure he is more nailed either.
I will probably stick with Barnes.
I think Barnes is the more riskier pick but also has a much bigger upside.

Madison had a spell last year where he was getting a few goals but most of them were belters from outside the box. He was also scoring with his one and only shot on target per match. That's not sustainable.

Barnes is far more direct, always in the box and seems to have found his scoring boots.

With so many safe picks in my team, Barnes is the one risk I'm taking and the player that excites me the most.

Nickosaur

Very little value at 5.5 unfortunately... maybe one of the Burnley strikers, Vvydra or Barnes? But not sure if either is nailed tbh

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

He hasn’t been mentioned but I doubt Chelsea would have loaned Broja to Southampton without a certain guarantee about minutes.

One of brightest prospects in Chelsea academy. He could be one to take a punt on.

Moby

Dick
This is my final team, don't try to talk me out of it as I'm tortured. We'll be playing four - four - fecking - two:

Schmeichel

Tsimikas - White - Rüdiger - Shaw

Salah - Mount - Fernandes - Greenwood

Vardy - Antonio

Subs - Sánchez - Coady - Bissouma - Obafemi
Schmeichel isn't worth it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

There no one that will play at that price. If you can somehow get an extra 0.5, that gets you a few better players.

With that said, if you're bench is ok, you can just get Davis for 4.5 and leave him third on the bench as it's unlikely you'll need that third sub.

Obafemi is going Blackburn so don't get him.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Barnes is the more riskier pick but also has a much bigger upside.

Madison had a spell last year where he was getting a few goals but most of them were belters from outside the box. He was also scoring with his one and only shot on target per match. That's not sustainable.

Barnes is far more direct, always in the box and seems to have found his scoring boots.

With so many safe picks in my team, Barnes is the one risk I'm taking and the player that excites me the most.
Agree liked the look of Barnes last year. I did get him for his injury.

I think Leicesters fixtures are very sexy and I think Vardy and Barnes are the best attacking picks if we ignore cost.
Nacho I would like, but doubt he starts.

I actually consider if Greenwood and Vardy might beat Bruno and Barnes? Still I think long term I rather have Bruno and Barnes.
Vardy would be an easier way to get Kane or Lukaku, but if they are absolutly killing it then Bruno probably goes I think.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Can't wait for the fecking deadline. Creating your team should be fun but I'm constantly changing my mind. Think I'd forgotten how draining/all-consuming FPL can be. Haven't even started the season yet :lol:

It's been doing my head in too. :lol:

So I'm settling on this for now: Sancho being involved tomorrow is good enough for me. Also gonna put faith in my boy Tony instead of Cavani.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What do we think about Jota? Is he definitely going to start?

Teying to decide if I go Mahrez/Benharama (to change to Willock next week) or Gundogan/Jota.

In the case of the second, wouldn’t be able to take advantage of liverpool left back situation.

Tarrou

this Benharama bandwagon is exactly the sort of thing that will get me to quit after 3 weeks again

if I get him, he'll tank

if I leave him out he'll get a brace in GW1

RedDevil@84

this Benharama bandwagon is exactly the sort of thing that will get me to quit after 3 weeks again

if I get him, he'll tank

if I leave him out he'll get a brace in GW1
Isn't that true for pretty much all players?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Who's the one player you're most worried about not owning?

Mahrez for me.

Paul_Scholes18

Who's the one player you're most worried about not owning?

Mahrez for me.

Grealish worries me since many friends got him and his ownership is very high.

I do not feel like Grealish will explode or start well at City, but he got the capacity in the right role to be deadly with assists.

If he does play extremly well then I might feel forced to get him with a hit.

If City win say 4-1 vs Spurs there is no way I am going in without a City player vs Norwich.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I want the next 80 mins to go quickly. Now I am doing bench boost with:

Sanchez Pickford
Tsimikas Amartey TAA Shaw White
Jota Greenwood Mahrez Pepe Bruno
WIlson Toney Antonio

Waiting for DGW has never worked for me and forced me into many bad decisions over the years. It's rare that you can have two playing 4.0 defenders with favorable games so why not.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We were brothers in arms last season haha let's keep it going!
It's been a stressy day, trying to book physio through various hoops, plus chasing up some of the 78 in my league to pay and actually enter!!

We had 81 last year, and only 69 as of yesterday morning, so to cram another 9 in over a day was an effort!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same here :nervous:

Wondering if I should get him out for Greenwood and replace Amartey with Tsimikas.
As a Greenwood owner, very much so.
And 100% on the second part. Amartey is already limited to a single gameweek with that Vestegaard on way.
Tsim has potential for 3 game weeks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is no one going to consider Adam Armstrong for Southampton? Ings replacement priced at 6m. He had a decent haul for a far worse Blackburn side when compared to Toney at Brentford.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Grealish worries me since many friends got him and his ownership is very high.

I do not feel like Grealish will explode or start well at City, but he got the capacity in the right role to be deadly with assists.

If he does play extremly well then I might feel forced to get him with a hit.

If City win say 4-1 vs Spurs there is no way I am going in without a City player vs Norwich.
I've gone with Grealish from the start.

I expect him to get minutes, plus I know if I didn't have him at the start it will just be a matter of time before I will want to get him in.

I expect him to be good value at 8.0, even with the threat of Pep Roulette.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I want the next 80 mins to go quickly. Now I am doing bench boost with:

Sanchez Pickford
Tsimikas Amartey TAA Shaw White
Jota Greenwood Mahrez Pepe Bruno
WIlson Toney Antonio

Waiting for DGW has never worked for me and forced me into many bad decisions over the years. It's rare that you can have two playing 4.0 defenders with favorable games so why not.
Forget the BB (which I'm also doing), no Salah against Norwich is what would have me sweating.

Paul_Scholes18

I've gone with Grealish from the start.

I expect him to get minutes, plus I know if I didn't have him at the start it will just be a matter of time before I will want to get him in.

I expect him to be good value at 8.0, even with the threat of Pep Roulette.
City got tricky games though apart from the Norwich one.

There is no obvious City pick for value or explosivness.

They got Foden, Grealish, Gundogan, KDB, Torres, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus who could all do well.
Right now it is hard to know who will standout from them.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
@Dirty Schwein Rapinha is called up for the Brazil squad for games in September. If this is confirmed he might miss GW 4 due to quarantine rules. Just saw this on Twitter. If that’s the case I ll go with Buendia from the start.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein Rapinha is called up for the Brazil squad for games in September. If this is confirmed he might miss GW 4 due to quarantine rules. Just saw this on Twitter. If that’s the case I ll go with Buendia from the start.
That's a game against Liverpool so not too fussed. Not willing to make a change this late. It's one of my rules!

IrishRedDevil

Thoughts, please?

I am most unsettled about Regulion and Sanchez.

--------------------------Sanchez
------------Regulion - Stones -Shaw
Grealish - Salah - Fernandes - Raphinha
--------------Antonio - Toney - Ings

(Steele - Tsimikas - White - Bissouma).

1.5m in the bank

Tarrou

I think it's bonkers some people don't have Bruno

he's the highest scoring FPL player since he joined the PL

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think it's bonkers some people don't have Bruno

he's the highest scoring FPL player since he joined the PL
I have him but a mate of mine didn't have him at all last season and still finished really high. I guess it's all about how you spend the saved money.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm off to see a few friends. The drive is about an hour long. I specifically planned it this way so I'm not going to be tinkering with my team until 6.29pm :lol:

See y'all back here soon and look forward to reading all the regretting and ranting :lol:

Good luck everyone!

Paul_Scholes18

Ok this is my final draft. Last minute changes can just make it worse.

I might check news just to see if Toney is out, but I think I just stick with the team even if he is for one week.

Sanchez Bachmann
White Shaw TAA Tsimikas Reguilon
Barnes Raphinha Brownhill Salah Bruno
Ings Antonio Toney