Fantasy Premier League 21/22

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even if it isn't an international injury, I have zero interest in removing TAA for any of this week's defenders. Sooner wait and move to a Chelsea/City defender next GW if neccessary.

Raphinha being out would be more of a pain though.

Dan_F

This is the problem with skimping through blank gameweeks. All your planning gets thrown out of the window. I was due to have 11 players, now Digne and Raphina (potentially) mean that I’m down to 9.

I can’t wait to wildcard after the international break.

saivet

Current FH team.

Sa
Cash, Saiss, Tierney
Saka, Son, Coutinho, Barnes
Kane (c), Laca, Toney​

Subs: Schmeichel, Kulu, Cresswell, Ajer

Saiss and Kulu to Doherty and Podence?

Or Kulu and Ajer to Eriksen and Doherty?

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is Raphinha definitely out? He wasn't spotted on training video and somehow people said he has Covid?

I might just leave him in, do Willock to Barnes and roll in with 9 (8 if Raphinha doesn't play).

Don't think there's even an option to do anything else to be honest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
@Moby, I would say get Toney in, for the form he's in.

Rapha actually being out would be a right bastad. One of my 6 players this week, with 2 freebies.

TAA is big news too. But a "few" weeks could mean he's back for their next league game, or at worst week 32. Although that one is Man City away.
Week 33 double though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, so I have

Ramsdale
Dier
Rapha Saka Ramsey
Jimi Kane (c)

2 freebies, but will do 3 for a -4.

Thinking Willock, Adams and Silva to Kulu, Toney and one of Coady/Tierney .

Potentially 10 players pending Rapha rumours.

That's enough this week isn't it? No point wazzing a free hit with bigger spoils ahead?

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Samid @Dan_F

Gawge

Ok, so I have

Ramsdale
Dier
Rapha Saka Ramsey
Jimi Kane (c)

That's enough this week isn't it? No point wazzing a free hit with bigger spoils ahead?
I think that all makes sense. I'm going into this week with less players even though I have 2 Free Hits (for same reasoning as you).

But if you could just do Willock+Adams to Kulu+Toney, I might be personally tempted to avoid the -4 for the defensive change. Chelsea have great fixtures coming up, and the realistic benefit of getting Coady/Tierney in is a coin toss between -2/+4pts. I'm personally counting on this being a low scoring week and happy to take the gamble on that by going with 7 players rather than taking hits and making my team worse for future GWs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think that all makes sense. I'm going into this week with less players even though I have 2 Free Hits (for same reasoning as you).

But if you could just do Willock+Adams to Kulu+Toney, I might be personally tempted to avoid the -4 for the defensive change. Chelsea have great fixtures coming up, and the realistic benefit of getting Coady/Tierney in is a coin toss between -2/+4pts. I'm personally counting on this being a low scoring week and happy to take the gamble on that by going with 7 players rather than taking hits and making my team worse for future GWs.
Decent thinking. But I'm a cruel 0.1m off doing the double, so need to eat into a defender's value. Tierney at least has a double at some point on the agenda, whereas Coady doesn't. After this game they have 3 good fixtures, and a great 36-38 to end on too.

If we knew TAA was definitely out for say weeks 31,32,33 I'd probably shift his value off, but with that double in 33 it's too risky.
And you never know with these top managers, if it's a light/internationally type job. 2 weeks of the injury is before their next league game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Right I need to pick one of Amartey and Thomas and one of Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans to go with Harold.

Think maybe Amartey because even if he loses his spot he can be cheapest possible bench fodder for the run in. The mids are trickier though. Barnes and Tielemens both played 90 mins on Thursday. Maddison only played 30. Barnes has burnt me already this season as well.

Dan_F

Ok, so I have

Ramsdale
Dier
Rapha Saka Ramsey
Jimi Kane (c)

Sounds good. You’ve got the major players, no need for free hits.

Paul_Scholes18

TAA gone. Such a massive blow if out. Or well not massive it is a -4 for Robertson. Just not fun needing -8 potentially again.

Just feel when people free hit having him as a differential would help.

This news make me want to keep Salah since taking loads of hit to be without him is probably not going to see green arrows unless Salah just blank every game.

If City double 33 then I remove Salah for Mahrez or KDB.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
feck it. Gone for Amartey and Maddison (-8 with Kane)

Ramsdale
Amartey Saiss Cash
Son Kulu Maddison Saka Ramsey
Watkins Kane (c)

Foster, TAA, Weghorst, Cancelo

£2.8m to bring Salah back in for Son next gw if needed.

Paul_Scholes18

Sounds good. You’ve got the major players, no need for free hits.
Yeah you may miss some big hauls, but it is hard to call.

There is nothing obvious. Most predicted sites have the best players predicted to score around 4 points thus a hit can be worth short term for players if you are lucky.
Although most likely you will just need more hits to remove these players again.

I am considering Salah to Barnes, but think I keep Salah. Leicester do have good fixtures, but do not trust Barnes and Leicester right now.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ok, so I have

Ramsdale
Dier
Rapha Saka Ramsey
Jimi Kane (c)

I'm rolling in with 9 myself. Think your plan is decent but if you're taking a hit fora defender, go Arsenal as at least they have more doubles upcoming so the hit will pay itself back.
Raphinha rumours have been dismissed. He is with the team
Thank God. @Moby get your ass in here and apologise to us all.

Dan_F

Yeah you may miss some big hauls, but it is hard to call.

There is nothing obvious. Most predicted sites have the best players predicted to score around 4 points thus a hit can be worth short term for players if you are lucky.
Although most likely you will just need more hits to remove these players again.

I am considering Salah to Barnes, but think I keep Salah. Leicester do have good fixtures, but do not trust Barnes and Leicester right now.
I’m using wildcard before 31 so hits are pretty much out of the question for me.

I just need to decide on whether I want a Wolves defender or Hwang with my 1 free transfer (all I can afford).

Moby

Dick
Ok, so I have

Ramsdale
Dier
Rapha Saka Ramsey
Jimi Kane (c)

I'm skeptical of getting Toney. Good for this week but you have no use for him going forward. If I have to keep someone on bench id rather just keep broja who is cheaper.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Do I take a hit to get a wolves defender for this week only?
Its a toss up. Costs 4 but should get you 2 (playing), maybe 6/7 (play and clean sheet) and maybe 11-15 (play, CS, score).

My issue is have 9 and the ones who aren’t playing, I don’t want to get rid of… Salah, TAA, Cancelo, Laporte, James and Foster (cheap and already have a playing Gk).

Laporte is maybe an option but even with Dias coming back and fixtures, still think Stones is the one who gives way. Unlike some managers, Pep doesn’t give a toss if Southgate thinks they’re good enough for England

Dimitar09

Have 8 players with a - 4.
Thinking of taking another hit to - 8 to get to 9 players. Maybe bring in Wolves defender, but undecided.

Paul_Scholes18

Do I take a hit to get a wolves defender for this week only?
I did that move by selling Digne. I do not want Digne ever again this season so it was easy.

If you remove someone you may want it is harder.

Wolves got 6 good fixtures to come and 3 bad ones. Can do lot of good in our squads, but the double is likely to be very hard against City in one of the games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm skeptical of getting Toney. Good for this week but you have no use for him going forward. If I have to keep someone on bench id rather just keep broja who is cheaper.
Yep, he's a bit ropey. But they do have a terrific week 36-38, and a few games he might be a decent 11th man in between.
It's mostly next week away to Chelsea it's poor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cash or Tierney suddenly torn!!!

Quick fire answers guys?
Cash coming off insane form, Tierney and Arsenal fairly strong recently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Free hit deployed

@Sandikan - that's a very hard decision. I've opted for Tierney as you can see only cos I fancy Arsenal more to keep a clean sheet than Villa
Yep, cleanies look more likely, but I suppose I have Ramsdale for that (if we ignore the rumours he didn't train today!!0)

Sod it I'm going Tierney. They have an extra game to Villa, better fixtures short term, and the time to get Cash is probably week 35 when they face Norwich, Burnley and Palace. (or when their double is slotted in).

They have Arsenal, Wolves, Tott, Liverpool up next and don't have a cleanie against top 9.

Ok the logic works..reality may be different.

Best of luck all!!

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yep, cleanies look more likely, but I suppose I have Ramsdale for that (if we ignore the rumours he didn't train today!!0)

Sod it I'm going Tierney. They have an extra game to Villa, better fixtures short term, and the time to get Cash is probably week 35 when they face Norwich, Burnley and Palace. (or when their double is slotted in).

They have Arsenal, Wolves, Tott, Liverpool up next and don't have a cleanie against top 9.

Ok the logic works..reality may be different.

Best of luck all!!
Ah you're talking transfers rather than which one to start. Yeah I'd go Tierney

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
10 potential players, plenty of high ceiling guys in there.

Ramsdale
Tierney Dier
Kulu - Rapha - Saka - Ramsey
Toney - Jimi - Kane (c)

Gawge

Hits are effectively only -2 if you don't have 11 players.
Only if you are thinking about this week though. If you did, for example, Rudiger > Coady, it's -2 but then another transfer if you want to reverse it, or need to ship your Wolves defenders for GW33 etc...

Also 2pts could be a big difference in a low scoring game week.