Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Do we think Maddison is becoming essential, and Rashy's time has come and gone?

Could make the switch there, and bin Mitro down to a chimp of 5.3m or under.

But then I've only just brought Mitro in 2 days ago and it was nice having a playing 16! So i'd be down to 15 again, plus needing to watch the dangerous City & Arsenal blank week.
I don't think Maddison is utterly essential but he's a very good pick. Conscious of the congested period now until the world Cup and teams in Europe so I like the talismen outside of that from the text tier of teams. Maddison, Zaha, Bowen, Trossard, Mitrovic, Wilson types could all be good picks. With Haaland perma captain and not having Salah I've loaded up on the 7-8 million bracket players

Pickle85

Owners of Mitrovic, Martinelli, TAA, are you guys selling or keeping?
Going to monitor mitro injury and make a call when it's clearer how long he'll be out for (unless I've already missed it!) Got too much value in martinelli to ship him. I do think TAA has come to the end of the road for me though.

Teja

Going to monitor mitro injury and make a call when it's clearer how long he'll be out for (unless I've already missed it!) Got too much value in martinelli to ship him. I do think TAA has come to the end of the road for me though.
I panic sold him for Martial after the price drop. Skimmed and read somewhere that he was out for 3 wks?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maybe but any player MIGHT do that. And some already have (to a certain extent) this season.. lots of double figure returns.

The difference is (1) they’re mostly cheaper and (2) if they don’t, it’s not a huge amount of your money tied up?
There's probably more risk Salah does it though, having scored about 150 in a few years compared to say Zaha with 15.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Typical TAA scores tonight isn't it
Although Rangers are ever so slightly pony.

RedDevil@84

Ya right. I am not sure whom to replace TAA with. Can't pick an Arsenal player with fixture and GW12 blank. Already have Trippier and James.

Pickle85

Typical TAA scores tonight isn't it
Although Rangers are ever so slightly pony.
:lol: I missed this. Every time I'm ready to boot him he pulls me back in...! Guaranteed the moment I kick him, he'll go mental.
I panic sold him for Martial after the price drop. Skimmed and read somewhere that he was out for 3 wks?
Ah, hadn't seen this. If that's the case I reckon i need rid. Don't have any value tied up in him. Not sure who for, mind!
Ya right. I am not sure whom to replace TAA with. Can't pick an Arsenal player with fixture and GW12 blank. Already have Trippier and James.
Agreed...no standouts really. If only perisic was as much of a no brainer as I assumed at the start of the season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Re Maddison, I suspect a lot of people will probably jump back off him around GW13.

He faces three away games in his next four at that point, as well as three games against teams with relatively strong defences (City, West Ham and Wolves). Meanwhile City and Arsenal will have just passed their blank week so the likes of Foden, Saka and Martinelli will be options again at around the same price. Think a lot of people will make the switch to one of those three.

So if you're going to get Maddison I probably wouldn't leave it any later than this week. Especially given he has overperformed his underlying stats so far, with 5 goals and 2 assists from 1.1xG and 1.0 xA, so I wouldn't feel overly uncomfortable backing against him once the best of his good fixtures have passed.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...-to-three-weeks-with-ankle-injury_386181.html

I'd double check the source on this info - if the above article it's from 2 years ago.

I'd imagine the press conferences on Thursday/Friday is where we'll get an update.
Good spot. Was actually from another site which looks word for word mi is the Scott Parker part. I've already sold him for Martial anyway yesterday, been dragged into trusting Martial after his 2 goals and pre season form

Last edited:

Chief123

There’s a lot of talk of Trent’s assists drying up but no one really talking about Robertson’s drought too. He’s got nearly as many assists as trent in the last 4 years. Them two are like 2nd and 3rd highest assisters.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
There’s a lot of talk of Trent’s assists drying up but no one really talking about Robertson’s drought too. He’s got nearly as many assists as trent in the last 4 years. Them two are like 2nd and 3rd highest assisters.
I mean he hasn't been playing tbf

Chief123

Most people got rid of Robertson within weeks.
Yeah I meant in the sense of the media. Trent’s getting highlighted mainly because he’s crap at defending. But Liverpools poor form has coincided with both Robertson and Trent’s assists drying up. Only 2 assists between them both in the league so far.

Statue of Limitations

I took a walloping in my work league in taking the C off Haaland, didn't think he would score more than maybe 1.
Mitro took the armband and yeah that just compounded it really.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If you’re asking why the media is circling ‘round TAA while utterly ignoring Robbo I’d think the answer is pretty obvious…

Hopefully we see pundits coming out en masse and defending TAA as with the utterly garbage Maguire (who still starts every game for England and is clearly a way worse player than TAA).

Chief123

If you’re asking why the media is circling ‘round TAA while utterly ignoring Robbo I’d think the answer is pretty obvious…

Hopefully we see pundits coming out en masse and defending TAA as with the utterly garbage Maguire (who still starts every game for England and is clearly a way worse player than TAA).
I think the difference between Maguire and TAA is that we have a real shortage of decent centre backs. Whereas Trent has competition from some of the best right backs in Europe in the England squad.

Rhyme Animal

I think the difference between Maguire and TAA is that we have a real shortage of decent centre backs. Whereas Trent has competition from some of the best right backs in Europe in the England squad.
Yeah, I wasn’t saying TAA should start for England or not, just commenting on why he’s being shamed in the press vs Robertson, who’s having a way worse season.

I mentioned Maguire because TAA doesn’t even start for England, whereas Maguire does - so it’s odd to hold TAA up and shame him constantly.

And like I said, hopefully he is supported by pundits in the same way Maguire has been - even from rival pundits (Souness etc supporting Maguire).

Chief123

Yeah, I wasn’t saying TAA should start for England or not, just commenting on why he’s being shamed in the press vs Robertson, who’s having a way worse season.

I mentioned Maguire because TAA doesn’t even start for England, whereas Maguire does - so it’s odd to hold TAA up and shame him constantly.

And like I said, hopefully he is supported by pundits in the same way Maguire has been - even from rival pundits (Souness etc supporting Maguire).
I think most of TAA’s criticism is based on his body language and showing a lack of desire when it comes to defending. Robertson on the other hand is the complete opposite in terms of work rate and determination.

The truth is Trent is probably the best attacking full back in the world. His output and quality is incredible. He’s also one of the worst defensive full backs around. It doesn’t help when he’s at the extreme ends of both spectrums. As soon as his strength drops in form, he becomes a serious liability.

Fabian Keller

This stretch now before the World Cup is where the season starts I reckon. Feel everyone is still on a hangover from last season (maybe just me lol), but feels like trends, must-have players etc are really starting to take shape.

How do people feel about Zaha vs Bowen? The only thing against Zaha really is that he's a notorious fpl troll. But the fixtures, the form, it makes sense. And I really wonder about Bowen with West Hams Europa games. They always struggle after those, and you have one every midweek now til the end.

Rhyme Animal

I think most of TAA’s criticism is based on his body language and showing a lack of desire when it comes to defending. Robertson on the other hand is the complete opposite in terms of work rate and determination.

The truth is Trent is probably the best attacking full back in the world. His output and quality is incredible. He’s also one of the worst defensive full backs around. It doesn’t help when he’s at the extreme ends of both spectrums. As soon as his strength drops in form, he becomes a serious liability.
Imo he should become a right winger / forward, as Gareth Bale did.

It’s also my opinion that the English press are far from objective or fair when differentiating between how they treat TAA vs Robertson, or say, Sterling vs Foden… but it’s a different conversation for a different thread!

redcucumber

Kulusevski, Andreas and Dasilva (Brentford) out

Maddison, Zaha and Foden in for a minus 4…

Yay or nay fellas?

Can just do 2 and avoid the - 4.

What do you reckon?
Big yay, for me. Significant upgrade and loads of potential points from those three. I took a -4 to get Maddison in on the weekend and it kept me within touching distance in the mini league. I'm a big advocate for taking a hit and would definitely be doing it for the above.

Rauður Djöfull

So now I have

Sanchez / Ward

James / Trippier / Neco Williams / Cancelo / Saliba

De Bruyne / Martinelli / Bailey / Gross / Rodrigo

Mitro / Jesus / Haaland

I got one transfer, before blank I'll have three in all so I can bench three city/arse players and sell the other three before the blank and than do WC afterwards

Just don't know who to sell when and for who.

Ideally with WC I also get rid of Ward and Bailey at least

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So now I have

Sanchez / Ward

James / Trippier / Neco Williams / Cancelo / Saliba

De Bruyne / Martinelli / Bailey / Gross / Rodrigo

Mitro / Jesus / Haaland

I got one transfer, before blank I'll have three in all so I can bench three city/arse players and sell the other three before the blank and than do WC afterwards

Just don't know who to sell when and for who.

Ideally with WC I also get rid of Ward and Bailey at least
Yeah it's tricky isn't it. Probably depends a lot on value lost in deciding who to sell, especially for you on a wildcard after. Haaland has to go on the bench unless he's injured then it's picking 3 from 5. I've got the same decision minus KDB (so effectively 2 from 4) and am thinking Jesus out who is one yellow away from a suspension and his value has dropped to practically his original price and Saliba because there's so many good defensive options. Martinelli is in a unique price point and a regular now it seems.

Last edited: