Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Never touched Bruno but they're lucky that they have two more doubles lined up so Shaw and Rashford stay for now.
That they do, but they’re fecking blunt man. Rashford’s purple patch is clearly over and he’s back to the crap asset level he always was previously.

Tonight will be his 4th blank in a row.

And Fernandes, while more consistent is overpriced and playing too deep.

Then you have the fact that they’re playing in a team where the manager insists on starting Wout Carthorse.

Next fixture is away at Dyche’s Everton…

I think I’ll boot one of them out tbh, what’s the point in having doubles when they do nothing in both matches?

Moby

Dick

I think I’ll boot one of them out tbh, what’s the point in having doubles when they do nothing in both matches?
The Everton game is at home, so let's see what they do at home today. If they home form looks okay you can probably keep them. It's interesting because midfield has a lot of competition and the point about chasing doubles and failing could be right. For example there are Arsenal mids who are playing much better but have no doubles left, and the United blank in 32 doesnt matter as we are all using our FH that week.

The away game at Forest looks trickier to me - Forest are very solid at home and might actually beat United if they don't turn up properly. But yeah, let's see. I didn't watch the Newcastle game but going by the stats they got battered, but that's a really tough place to go anyway.

Also if Haaland doesn't come back next week, United would become a top captaincy option unless you fancy Kane vs Brighton (I don't have Kane anyway) so need to keep that in mind.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The Everton game is at home, so let's see what they do at home today. If they home form looks okay you can probably keep them. It's interesting because midfield has a lot of competition and the point about chasing doubles and failing could be right. For example there are Arsenal mids who are playing much better but have no doubles left, and the United blank in 32 doesnt matter as we are all using our FH that week.

The away game at Forest looks trickier to me - Forest are very solid at home and might actually beat United if they don't turn up properly. But yeah, let's see. I didn't watch the Newcastle game but going by the stats they got battered, but that's a really tough place to go anyway.

Also if Haaland doesn't come back next week, United would become a top captaincy option unless you fancy Kane vs Brighton (I don't have Kane anyway) so need to keep that in mind.
Apologies for getting Everton H wrong, but I stand on the other points.

Also, if at all possible, I’d Love to keep my Free Hit through 32 if I can.

Going without Saka for Bruno and Rashford doesn’t sit right.

Also, I wouldn’t captain either of them against Everton as it’s the early kick off, Everton is under Dyche and in all honesty, after their woeful showing this DGW, I just don’t think I’d captain a Utd player again this season.

Moby

Dick
Apologies for getting Everton H wrong, but I stand on the other points.

Also, if at all possible, I’d Love to keep my Free Hit through 32 if I can.

Going without Saka for Bruno and Rashford doesn’t sit right.

Also, I wouldn’t captain either of them against Everton as it’s the early kick off, Everton is under Dyche and in all honesty, after their woeful showing this DGW, I just don’t think I’d captain a Utd player again this season.
Re: Free Hit, I don't think it's gonna be a big chip this season for most teams who are planning in similar ways. I thought about saving it but there's not much point saving it for the doubles as the teams doubling are the ones you want anyway - except Arsenal who don't really have great fixtures.

As of now I will sell Maddison to Salah and only have Rashford from United attack but you never know, if they smash Brentford tonight and have Everton at home next - who even under Dyche are abysmal away from home and Dyche in the past does thing of throwing away games to tough teams - they will be back on the menu and also as captaincy options. It's all fun and games saying we won't captain them but if the big guy is still out, there will be a lot of nervousness in captaining the likes of Watkins and Maddison. Watkins probably should be okay, but let's see what happens tonight. Maybe Saka vs Liverpool? Hmm. Yeah I really do hope Haaland can be fit and I don't have to shuffle between these guys. :lol:

redcucumber

Is Grealish likely to go up in price tonight? One of the predictors has him at 99. Close to pulling the trigger on him and Haaland in for Bruno and Toney (for a -4) but I'd obviously rather wait to see how we do tonight.

Paul_Scholes18

So, who’s gonna rage sell Rashford and / or Bruno after they complete their inevitable double blank tonight…?

Gotta be honest, think I’m gonna be tempted.
I will keep my United picks. Might as well be loyal my season is so bad anyway haha.

Not sure which mids to get.

I guess I would bring back Martinelli, but with Jesus back maybe Martinelli plays less now.

Pickle85

That they do, but they’re fecking blunt man. Rashford’s purple patch is clearly over and he’s back to the crap asset level he always was previously.

Tonight will be his 4th blank in a row.

And Fernandes, while more consistent is overpriced and playing too deep.

Then you have the fact that they’re playing in a team where the manager insists on starting Wout Carthorse.

Are you saying Rashford has always been a hopeless ff asset? Not sure I agree there pal.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is Grealish likely to go up in price tonight? One of the predictors has him at 99. Close to pulling the trigger on him and Haaland in for Bruno and Toney (for a -4) but I'd obviously rather wait to see how we do tonight.
Won't happen before the game finishes so just wait

saik

Shaw has been a waste of a transfer this GW. And I took a -4 to get him in place of White. Doh. :annoyed:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rash captain superb.
Shaw off that early after a booking is an absolute pisser. Especially with Everton at home brewing too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In fairness though, I wonder if anyone still playing didn't have Shaw?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Feck, you're the lad who overtook me in the Caf league then :lol: good job on Mitoma but hopefully Rashford punishes you tonight

Toney->Haaland indeed looks very likely for me, but I guess I'll wait until the last moment with transfer until the end of the season, screw the team value at this point. Not sure if I want to take a hit to get Maddison out before Bournemouth, feels bad, but then again he's quite useless.
Haha well he's on form so far.

Personally I'm not making changes until the last minute and haven't done for the past few GWs. Im not getting caught out transferring someone two nights before the deadline only for an injury to pop out of nowhere, like Shaw tonight. Ill probably do Haaland too but like you I'm not committing to anything just yet. I just wish i would listen to my gut abit more, everyone was screaming get Shaw in and for some reason i really didn't fancy him but i did it anyway. He pockets one point in two games, while my other target picked up a clean sheet in his second game. I didn't want to TC when i did either but the FOMO got the better of me :lol:. That said i tried to not jump on Bruno when everyone was putting him in their projected teams and (so far) that decision has paid off.