Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
How are you guys still checked in for this season? :lol: It's pretty much over for every team out there and literally anything is happening right now.

The only thing that bothered me in the last few posts is the fact that woodwork hitter Mbuemo will be in the GW1 template for next season which is already a pretty shit start. :lol:
Yeah, I am done after today with any videos or anything of the sort. Will stick in a few punts on Friday night but wont think about it again this week. It’s a disappointing end for me after such a massive climb from World Cup. I was top 1000 in second chance League at one stage.

All gone to shit this week.

troylocker

Pretty shit week so far (32 points), but look forward to field this team next week:

Ramsdale (Steele)
TAA, Robertson, Tierney (Lewis, Bueno)
Salah, Bruno, Rashford, Odegaard, Eze
Haaland, Kane (Greenwood)

Thoughs on the draft so far?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Pretty shit week so far (32 points), but look forward to field this team next week:

Ramsdale (Steele)

It's decent but keep an eye out leading up to the games on GW38. Most teams have nothing to play for and will field strange teams.

Moby

Dick

Ramsdale (Steele)

I wouldn't go anywhere near arsenal right now. They're done.

Bristol_Red_87

Ramsdale (Steele)

Go in on teams who have something to play for. For my mind, that's likely to be Villa, Spurs, Everton, Leeds, Leicester and to a lesser degree Newcastle, Utd, Brighton and Brentford.

I think those fighting to beat the drop could all win on Sunday.

The other teams could potentially rotate heavily.

troylocker

It's decent but keep an eye out leading up to the games on GW38. Most teams have nothing to play for and will field strange teams.
I wouldn't go anywhere near arsenal right now. They're done.
Go in on teams who have something to play for. For my mind, that's likely to be Villa, Spurs, Everton, Leeds, Leicester and to a lesser degree Newcastle, Utd, Brighton and Brentford.
I think those fighting to beat the drop could all win on Sunday.
The other teams could potentially rotate heavily.
Thanks for your thoughts. I will obviously look for updates and team news up to the deadline, but I think I like that team better than you guys do. :lol:
I think City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United are all good FPL alternatives for GW38. I'm pretty sure Fulham at home with 3rd or 4th to play for is a good fixture for us, Arsenal at home versus Wolves should be a good fixture, Liverpool away to Southampton the weakest team in the league the same and City will most likely field a strong 11 to gel the team for the finals to come. Kane and Eze will most likely both play and are both in good form.
What does your GW38 teams look like?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thanks for your thoughts. I will obviously look for updates and team news up to the deadline, but I think I like that team better than you guys do. :lol:
I think City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United are all good FPL alternatives for GW38. I'm pretty sure Fulham at home with 3rd or 4th to play for is a good fixture for us, Arsenal at home versus Wolves should be a good fixture, Liverpool away to Southampton the weakest team in the league the same and City will most likely field a strong 11 to gel the team for the finals to come. Kane and Eze will most likely both play and are both in good form.
What does your GW38 teams look like?
Your team looks good don't get me wrong. Just think you need to be careful about rotation etc.

My team is:

Steele
TAA, Trips, Shaw
Rashy, Mac10, Mitoma, Grealish, Salah
Alvarez, Haaland

Bench: Kepa, Isak, Botman, Henry

Currently planning Mitoma to Odegaard but will wait on team leaks.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Your team looks good don't get me wrong. Just think you need to be careful about rotation etc.

My team is:

Steele
TAA, Trips, Shaw
Rashy, Mac10, Mitoma, Grealish, Salah
Alvarez, Haaland

Bench: Kepa, Isak, Botman, Henry

Currently planning Mitoma to Odegaard but will wait on team leaks.
Yeah I think I'll end up binning one of Mac or Mit for one of Eze, Barnes or Trossard. Have a bad feeling that if/when I make it through to the cup final my opponent will be the one with a wildcard left so I'm definitely gonna need to be eagle eyed for team leaks.

Maluco

Pricing will be strange next season. Key United assets will go up, as well Newcastle ones. Liverpool won’t go down on how they finished the season, and Arsenal assets will go up too.

Maybe only Chelsea going down out of the top sides.

It should, in theory, be much harder to build an eleven next season.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Pricing will be strange next season. Key United assets will go up, as well Newcastle ones. Liverpool won’t go down on how they finished the season, and Arsenal assets will go up too.

Maybe only Chelsea going down out of the top sides.

It should, in theory, be much harder to build an eleven next season.
Well I hope so because they totally fecked this one.

Maluco

Yeah, it was too easy to get a team with a great option in every position. But the game is a PL marketing tool at the end of the day. Maybe that’s what they want.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah, it was too easy to get a team with a great option in every position. But the game is a PL marketing tool at the end of the day. Maybe that’s what they want.
Absolutely. I don't think they give a stuff. It'll be just as boring next season but we'll all still play it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It's what they want for sure. I'll be crushing my points record by a distance but this will only be my 5th best rank. They want you to have as many of the best players as possible because the more points you have the better the engagement from the 8-9 million casual players. That's the group they care about, not the 1 million who takes the game half-serious. A challenging game means casuals fall off very early.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
To be fair, no one expected arsenal to do so well, the premium defenders to be so shit, Rashy to still be good, Brighton to improve so much etc.

But there's no excuses next year:

Haaland 15
Rashy 9.5
Odegaard 8.5
Martinelli 8.5

Etc

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Really need a final haul from Trippier considering many people benched him this week. But Callum Trollson needs to feck off.

Anustart89

Wilson off now after missing a bunch of sitters in the first half, while all my rivals have Isak. Twat.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Frustrating end to the season between Wilson having a mare today and Pep fecking up Akanji's CS yesterday.

Still mad about that Estupinan 17 point haul at fecking Arsenal last week as well.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can't be mad at Wilson too much, just need it to finish 0-0

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Frustrating end to the season between Wilson having a mare today and Pep fecking up Akanji's CS yesterday.

Still mad about that Estupinan 17 point haul at fecking Arsenal last week as well.
Annoying for sure.

But I find when this kind of stuff gets the better of me, it helps to think back to when Gerrard slipped and lost the title - followed by Suarez bursting into tears at Palace.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Annoying for sure.

But I find when this kind of stuff gets the better of me, it helps to think back to when Gerrard slipped and lost the title - followed by Suarez bursting into tears at Palace.
Wow, uncalled for!

Anustart89

Bonus system is stupid. 0-0 with Newcastle dominating all game. Bonus points to Trippier, Burn and Botman.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Iversen hauling on my bench. Pep you bald cnut, don't you dare use that Edertroll in the second game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Just seen the most devastating bench ever in the battle for 2nd place in the work cash league.

Iversen (9) Mitrovic (13) Trippier (9) Botman (8)

He's now in 3rd and out of the money after leading for quite a while.

I think that would end me.

Paul_Scholes18

Just seen the most devastating bench ever in the battle for 2nd place in the work cash league.

Iversen (9) Mitrovic (13) Trippier (9) Botman (8)

He's now in 3rd and out of the money after leading for quite a while.

I think that would end me.
Guy in my draft league has Ortega, Mbeumo, Burn, Mee benched.

Starting Martial, Ederson, Grealish. Still some hope for getting Ortega, but Grealish will get some mins I think.

Maybe was smarter to start Oretaga. I suggested Ortega some weeks ago to cover for fraudulence, but would be typical with 1 pointer for Ederson.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Newcastle defence 17 remaining on the bench.
But had to go for doublers really.

Could have gone Trippier instead of single TAA, but could have gone the other way and everyone started TAA

SteveCoppellFan

Also need Rashford to miss the Chelsea game to get those juicy Trippier points.

That would be a 7 point swing against the leader in the cash league and put me top !