g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ok we'll see how I get on initially. Not sure about the Chelsea players bout Mount seems like a decent bet to do well.

Ederson; TAA, Robertson, Zinchenko, Romero; De Bruyne (C), Mount, Kovacic; Martial, Alvarez, Jesus.

Subs: Gazzaniga, Targett, Bruno Guimaraes, Bowen.

I don't think it's great but we'll see.
I actually think it’s really different and interesting. Kovacic is a waste of money though because he is never close enough to goal to get reliable returns. Get Bowen in the team and maybe have a bit less money in your bench.

With 5 subs, it will be rare that you will ever need your 2nd and 3rd man.

Williams at Forest (4.0) and Andreas at Fulham (4.5) are perfect cheap bench fillers that play. I would just take them and get the rest of the cash in your eleven.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I actually think it’s really different and interesting. Kovacic is a waste of money though because he is never close enough to goal to get reliable returns. Get Bowen in the team and maybe have a bit less money in your bench.

With 5 subs, it will be rare that you will ever need your 2nd and 3rd man.

Williams at Forest (4.0) and Andreas at Fulham (4.5) are perfect cheap bench fillers that play. I would just take them and get the rest of the cash in your eleven.
Yeah I might do that. I wasn't sure on Kovacic but what you say makes sense. I think TAA and Robertson can get points through both assists and clean sheets. Jesus should score goals.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Can someone explain how price changes work for the first few weeks?

So I'm pretty sure price changes are usually based off transfers in/out. So does that mean a player like Jesus owned by 70% is more likely to decrease in value as there are only 30% of players who could transfer him in? Compared to a player owned by 1% who has a good. Gw1 and will likely be bought by more?

Did I also read something saying that player price changes will update the same time every week rather than throughout the week?

Trying to work out the pros/cons of buying popularly owned players v less popular/differential players from a potential team value pov.

NewYorkRed

Made this in a hurry, open to any and all suggestions:

Sanchez
Cash Dalot Gabirel Vestergaard Tanganga
Salah Bruno Sterling Smith-Rowe Murphy
Haaland Tony Martial

opted not to go for Trent. Want KDB but think Sterling will have a good start.

Paul_Scholes18

It's funny. All of us United fans here wish we could get 5-6 Liverpool players instead of just 3 and Liverpool fans not even going for the best FPL player in the game from their team.

The one time I went against Salah was before playing us last time to get Bruno for our double doubles. It was more I thought it was the best call I could make apart from possibly getting Ronaldo over Bruno.

Not only did Bruno blank in all 4 games, but he missed a pen and took 2 yellow cards I think. Ronaldo I think had 5 goals though despite us getting 1 win from those games.

Salah got 18 pointer agains us too or 17 pointer do not remember.

Canuckred64

So I'm pretty sure price changes are usually based off transfers in/out. So does that mean a player like Jesus owned by 70% is more likely to decrease in value as there are only 30% of players who could transfer him in? Compared to a player owned by 1% who has a good. Gw1 and will likely be bought by more?

Did I also read something saying that player price changes will update the same time every week rather than throughout the week?

Trying to work out the pros/cons of buying popularly owned players v less popular/differential players from a potential team value pov.
Players price will change when the total number of transfers in (or out) of that player reaches a threshold value that FPL sets.
Watch fplstatistics.co.uk to keep an eye on prices changes.

Bandwagons happen fairly quickly and for instance if Jesus blanks his first two games ,tens of thousands will drop him and he could very well drop in price, especially if other strikers priced around him do well.

Players can change as much as .3 in one given week and the prices do or have in previous seasons changed prices at the same time, around 10 to 10 30 pm EST.

Don't quote me but I assume the greater the ownership the greater the number of transfers that are needed to create a price increase. Same with somebody like Ings of Calvert-Lewis who have less than 2% ownership, if they score 2 or 3 goals the first week , it wouldn't take a lot of transfers for them to raise in price.

Last edited:

Maluco

I think I am going rogue for the first few weeks. Have a rough plan of what I want to do and think I will go with it.

It may or may not involve a threemium early on:nervous:

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's the thinking behind Robertson over Dias?
Simply higher points per million? Or doubts over Dias hitting the same heights 2nd season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think I am going rogue for the first few weeks. Have a rough plan of what I want to do and think I will go with it.

It may or may not involved a threemium early on:nervous:
Son v Southampton looks dangerous.
It's whether Kane can cover him, instead of Haaland.

Canuckred64

Sanchez
Haaland Tony Martial

Sanchez
Haaland Tony Martial

Not sure if you have 11 starters there. I dont think Vestergaard and Tanganga will even play, Smith Rowe will come on as a late sub and I am not sure about Murphy.

Maluco

Son v Southampton looks dangerous.
It's whether Kane can cover him, instead of Haaland.
I think I can hold off on Jesus for the first two and get Son/KdB. I have a rough transfer plan for early doors and I think it could come off:nervous:

Dazzmondo

Anyone else making the undoubtedly terrible decision to go with Ward and a non-playing 4m goalkeeper?

Dazzmondo

The problem is its Daniel Iverson who has been playing in goal not Ward.
I think Ward was injured. He apparently played a behind closed doors game so should be ready for start of season. Rodgers' comments on him made it pretty clear that he's 1st choice for now at least imo. My concerns are moreso around him potentially losing his place if he makes some mistakes.

Moby

Dick
What's the thinking behind Robertson over Dias?
Simply higher points per million? Or doubts over Dias hitting the same heights 2nd season?
He didn't hit any heights comparable to Robertson last season either. Robertson basically has double the FPL points since the point Diaz joined the team. Diaz will need to have an absolute stormer and pretty much score every game to match what Robertson will return as long as they don't concede vs these shit teams that they play during this initial run and he keeps getting those bonus and the odd attacking return.

Even on the pitch Robertson created more chances and had more touches in opposition box as compared to Diaz. Which is mental but true. It was the same vs Man City, he's just instructed to launch forward into the opposition box when they have the ball. So basically I don't see him not comfortably outscoring Diaz unless Diaz turns into a Salah clone or something.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
He didn't hit any heights comparable to Robertson last season either. Robertson basically has double the FPL points since the point Diaz joined the team. Diaz will need to have an absolute stormer and pretty much score every game to match what Robertson will return as long as they don't concede vs these shit teams that they play during this initial run and he keeps getting those bonus and the odd attacking return.

Even on the pitch Robertson created more chances and had more touches in opposition box as compared to Diaz. Which is mental but true. It was the same vs Man City, he's just instructed to launch forward into the opposition box when they have the ball. So basically I don't see him not comfortably outscoring Diaz unless Diaz turns into a Salah clone or something.
I said this several pages back. He outscored every other Liverpool player in the second half of the season. And he's £1m less. Even in that community shield game you could see he was getting ahead of Diaz in the box at times.

There's lots of 50/50 calls going into the season but this isn't one of them for me.

Moby

Dick
I said this several pages back. He outscored every other Liverpool player in the second half of the season. And he's £1m less. Even in that community shield game you could see he was getting ahead of Diaz in the box at times.

There's lots of 50/50 calls going into the season but this isn't one of them for me.
Absolutely. Just checked again and Robertson has 94 points compared to Diaz 64 since the latter joined. And as you said he was ahead of everyone else. Obviously Salah was knackered and looks much better now so that could change but yeah he's an elite asset who has been so consistent throughout.

He's not leaving my team for sure. Him and Trent are cheat codes. They don't give a feck going into Man City' box to attack and play like attacking midfielders. Just insane upside.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What's everyone's view on Martial? I would have thought he's safe for a couple GWs.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What's everyone's view on Martial? I would have thought he's safe for a couple GWs.
Not if Ronaldo is still at the club. We aren’t going to dominate Brighton and Brentford 4-0 for Ronaldo to keep coming off the bench.

Canuckred64

I think Ward was injured. He apparently played a behind closed doors game so should be ready for start of season. Rodgers' comments on him made it pretty clear that he's 1st choice for now at least imo. My concerns are moreso around him potentially losing his place if he makes some mistakes.
I did change my back up keeper to Ward and if it looks like Ward will start I might go Raya or Sanchez and Ward as my keepers. But to go with Ward and another .4 keeper, that takes a lot of balls.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Rate My Team

ITB - 1.5 Million

Mendy
White TAA Dias
Mount Sancho Mahrez Saint-Maxim
Jesus Nunez Kane

Sanchez Williams Patterson Andreas

Tempted to swap Kane to Mbeumo and Saint-Maxim to Salah leaving 0.5 ITB. (I like to have a small bit saved for gw1 transfer)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not if Ronaldo is still at the club. We aren’t going to dominate Brighton and Brentford 4-0 for Ronaldo to keep coming off the bench.
Yeah true. Its a weird predicament

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Who will be Leicester starting goalkeeper??? Easy way to shave some money now Schmeichel is gone

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Rate My Team

ITB - 1.5 Million

Mendy
White TAA Dias
Mount Sancho Mahrez Saint-Maxim
Jesus Nunez Kane

Sanchez Williams Patterson Andreas

Tempted to swap Kane to Mbeumo and Saint-Maxim to Salah leaving 0.5 ITB. (I like to have a small bit saved for gw1 transfer)
Top much itb. I'd try to pick a team that doesn't need a transfer/cash almost straight away

Canuckred64

Ward probably.

Leno was rumoured to be going there but went to Fulham.

Can anyone tell me if any if Spurs 4.5m defenders are starters?
Very unlikely any 4.5 Spurs defenders will start. Sanchez at CB maybe, but I believe the three at the back will be Dier, Romero and Davis. There are all 5.0 .

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Is the template bench (Neco W. / Andreas / S. Greenwood) vulnerable to early price falls if they don't play/are terrible in the first couple of games?
All of them have very big ownership rate at around 25% or a little higher.

Ady87

Is the template bench (Neco W. / Andreas / S. Greenwood) vulnerable to early price falls if they don't play/are terrible in the first couple of games?
All of them have very big ownership rate at around 25% or a little higher.
Yeah that’s the template. I’ve been experimenting with 5 across midfield and compromising in defence (Son KDB Diaz Martinelli Mount) which would probably mean an extra budget defender and going 3/5/2 but not decided yet.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

It's dependent on how many transfers in/out so players with high percentage can quickly drop in price if they blank a few times.

That shouldn't stop you assembling the best team possible though.

You know what? You might have just changed my mind on this.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ok so now that I'm thinking maybe Robertson, I have two drafts:

Draft 1:

Pope
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Archer

+ Flexibility with the £8m mid, can jump on many BWs.
+ Diaz can be explosive after a good start to his Liverpool career, he should be even better this year.
+ Have the lowest price playing defender in Williams.
- Shit bench.
- No Bailey for that Bournemouth fixture.

Draft 2:

Pope
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Robertson
Salah, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Bailey, Andreas, Archer

+ Robertson is a safe bet.
+ Better bench.
+ Have Bailey for that Bournemouth fixture.
- Money more spread so it's less flexible.
- Benching dilemmas.

What do people think is better?

Gee Male

Ok so now that I'm thinking maybe Robertson, I have two drafts:

Draft 1:

Pope
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Archer

+ Flexibility with the £8m mid, can jump on many BWs.
+ Diaz can be explosive after a good start to his Liverpool career, he should be even better this year.
+ Have the lowest price playing defender in Williams.
- Shit bench.
- No Bailey for that Bournemouth fixture.

Draft 2:

Pope
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Robertson
Salah, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Bailey, Andreas, Archer

+ Robertson is a safe bet.
+ Better bench.
+ Have Bailey for that Bournemouth fixture.
- Money more spread so it's less flexible.
- Benching dilemmas.

What do people think is better?
Second is better for me.

I'm going against the grain with this next bit, but I have doubts over James (might play CB), Perisic (too soon to tell how Conte uses him), Martinelli (rotation) and Bailey (rotation). Clearly I might be wrong on all or majority of that, but that's a lot of doubt in that team.

suheilsworld

It depends what you mean by a weak bench? Most teams will have Williams in defence at 4.0 and Andreas in midfield at 4.5, and both of them look like they will be starters.
Those two are good options. But I’ve seen players like Archer and Greenwood who have no chance of play time.

adkb

Chilwell has barely played any minutes during preseason and they're on the verge of signing Cucerella. Replace him with James who's a guaranteed starter. At the same price it's a no-brainer
Thanks for the suggestion, and will defo do it.

adkb

Who is first on your bench for GW1? Downgrade them and replace Robertson with Trent, Voldemort picked up a potential hamstring injury in a recent Newcastle game, so could be a doubt for Newcastle’s opener which could mean Bruno playing a deeper role.
I am thinking of downgrading Gabriel to Dalot and replacing Bruno with Rashford. But yes thanks for the suggestion.