Fantasy Premier League 22/23

paulscholes18

Ranked 142,000 overall, highest thing I'll ever achieve in my life. However I still need to get rid of the Pool players! When would be a good time to play the wild card?
GW13, no point of doing it before then because of the City & Arsenal blank,

Paul_Scholes18

My wildcard gave a green arrow although it was for the wrong fecking reason in cap Haaland against us, but I am in trouble with Mitro. Cause right now all the players I want to sell are defenders and strikers and all I want are mids. Mainly Zaha and Trossard.

I think we all agree that under 7 million Noone is close to Mitro up front.

Fabian Keller

Is Zaha really essential? I can't help feel that he's a massive trap.

Wonder how Bowen/West Ham will do with Europe midweek. Might be completely wrong on this, but feel their record post-Europe is terrible.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Well that turned into a horror week with no Maddison and no Haaland captain. :(

2 free transfers (plus £0.8m). What would you do?

Raya Ward
TAA Cancelo Saliba Trippier James
Salah Martinelli Gordon Bailey Andreas
Haaland Toney Jesus

My gut is that Salah has to go now because Haaland is perm cap anyway. Might as well beef up the midfield. Even if it's quite templatey bring in 2 of Maddison, Zaha, Trossard, Sterling? And then try and roll 2 for GW12 to get 11 out.

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan ?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Raya Ward
Haaland Toney Jesus

My gut is that Salah has to go now because Haaland is perm cap anyway. Might as well beef up the midfield. Even if it's quite templatey bring in 2 of Maddison, Zaha, Trossard, Sterling? And then try and roll 2 for GW12 to get 11 out.

If you have two transfer maybe downgrade Salah to Maddison and upgrade Toney to Kane? It's an easy and safe play. I don't have that luxury so I will persist with Salah until after the City blank and then swap him for KDB.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
If you have two transfer maybe downgrade Salah to Maddison and upgrade Toney to Kane? It's an easy and safe play. I don't have that luxury so I will persist with Salah until after the City blank and then swap him for KDB.
Yeah that's an option. Means having to play one of Gordon, Bailey or Andreas though. Eurgh.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Top 50k with no chips or wildcards played yet! Solid start!

Planning on removing one of Cancelo/Saliba before the blank, having 3 city/arsenal assets on the bench for the blank, then WC the week after.

redcucumber

Raya Ward
Haaland Toney Jesus

Both Liverpool premiums had to go yesterday, surely?! I get that they are differentials at this point, but Liverpool are all over the place. Way too much money for how unstable they are.

Chief123

Raya Ward
Haaland Toney Jesus

I replaced Salah with KDB. It was a no brainer for me. The more Haaland keeps scoring, the more KDB will keep assisting. KDB already has the same number of assists as he had all last season.

Dan_F

Jesus is a fairly easy one to scrap for me as there’s no value tied up and I can WC to get him back after the blank if needed. I’d like him for the Leeds game but I don’t think it’s a disaster. He tends to score one goal or assist at a time.

I’m hoping to take a punt on someone like Martial or Auba for three games before my wildcard.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I replaced Salah with KDB. It was a no brainer for me. The more Haaland keeps scoring, the more KDB will keep assisting. KDB already has the same number of assists as he had all last season.
I want KDB but it really needs to wait until after GW12 now as I already have 2 from City and 3 from Arsenal. I guess that means holding Salah and binning Trent to free up the funds for Maddison in midfield.

Fabian Keller

I'd say the priority would be to jump from Liverpool (a sinking ship), unless you want to go down with them. Don't mind the Sterling shout tbh. It's a differential (different to the Maddison/Zaha/Bowen, though i think at least one of them is needed) and that Wolves game could be fruitful. Wolves seem to be in proper crisis mode. You'd hope that's a Reece James haul game

paulscholes18

Raya Ward
Haaland Toney Jesus

Salah to Foden then that allows you to more Gordon and Bailey to Zaha and Maddison?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah this might not be a bad call @CassiusClaymore

Will Maddison get as weak a team as Forest regularly though? Is it the start of a Leicester hot run of form, or are Forest just terrible?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Will Maddison get as weak a team as Forest regularly though? Is it the start of a Leicester hot run of form, or are Forest just terrible?
He looked absolutely class even though it was only Forest. Every Leicester attack went through him and he's sustained this form basically all of the calender year I believe. He's well worth having I think, good fixtures too.

Looking at those 2 transfers it's really Toney he's against and I'd fancy him to outscore him, and Kane to atleast match Salah

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

He looked absolutely class even though it was only Forest. Every Leicester attack went through him and he's sustained this form basically all of the calender year I believe. He's well worth having I think, good fixtures too.

Looking at those 2 transfers it's really Toney he's against and I'd fancy him to outscore him, and Kane to atleast match Salah
Yep. Madison has been very good irrespective of that forest game.

Marty1968

Gutted I didn't transfer Maddison in this week as was looking at him. Still a nice 99 points and 39th in the RedCafe so not all bad for now. Leicester have 4 winnable games coming up so still worth getting him in I reckon...

saik

Guys need some advice on how to improve on this. My current team is :
Sanchez, Henderson
James, Dalot, Trippier, Saliba, Cancelo
Antony, Diaz, Gross, Bilva, Martinelli
Mitrovic, Haaland, Toney(only transferred in the last GW, had Jesus before)

Last couple of gameweeks have been terrible for me. Overall rank went from 900k to 3m. :lol: That Haaland captaincy decision really costed me this gameweek.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
GW13, no point of doing it before then because of the City & Arsenal blank,
This is the thing, I’m aware of the GW12 blank, but I’d want the city / Arsenal players back in the squad asap. This will cost a lot of points…

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Salah to Foden then that allows you to more Gordon and Bailey to Zaha and Maddison?
Another blank player though in GW12. I'd have 6 then.

I mean he's got Bournemouth next as well. Maddison and Zaha in for Salah and Gordon might have to be the play. Unfortunately it means keeping hold of Trent for the forseeable as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ok there's actually a plan to get KDB in as well now.

Jesus > Mitrovic if fit in 11 or roll and do it in 12.
Saliba > sub £5m defender in 12 to get 11 out (keeping Martinelli, Cancelo and Haaland)
Potentially roll in 13
KDB and another £5m defender in for Trent and Bailey in 14 (Could even get Saliba back in though a wing back might be preferable by then).

Bristol_Red_87

I'd say the priority would be to jump from Liverpool (a sinking ship), unless you want to go down with them.
If I had my time again, I would have stayed away from any Liverpool defensive assets when WC'ing.

However, they still carry a threat going forward, so 'sinking ship' isn't wholly accurate. I'm intrigued at the points Salah is forecasted to haul in the next 5 and how this plays out.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Just brought in Martial for Mitrovic, am I mad??

I'm holding Salah till after the City / Arsenal blank week. Hoping he will perform better in the bigger (harder) games they have coming up and then will swap for De Bruyne potentially.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just brought in Martial for Mitrovic, am I mad??

I'm holding Salah till after the City / Arsenal blank week. Hoping he will perform better in the bigger (harder) games they have coming up and then will swap for De Bruyne potentially.
But then Salah has Leeds and Forrest... Gonna sell before those?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Trouble with Salah now is that I won't touch him with a bargepole for captaincy either if Haaland is playing so what's the point of having him?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do we think Maddison is becoming essential, and Rashy's time has come and gone?

Could make the switch there, and bin Mitro down to a chimp of 5.3m or under.

But then I've only just brought Mitro in 2 days ago and it was nice having a playing 16! So i'd be down to 15 again, plus needing to watch the dangerous City & Arsenal blank week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Trouble with Salah now is that I won't touch him with a bargepole for captaincy either if Haaland is playing so what's the point of having him?
Because he may at some point spring in with a hatrick out of the blue.
But it's not looked likely 2months into the season.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
If you have him now then worth holding maybe? They do have Leeds and Forest upcoming as well as West Ham who are leaky this year whilst City have a blank in GW12.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Or the 3-4 months of last season either. People went off him and jumped on Son and KDB then and had massive gains then as well.
I don't have him, but it is always a risk he monsters it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you have him now then worth holding maybe? They do have Leeds and Forest upcoming as well as West Ham who are leaky this year whilst City have a blank in GW12.
It's about how to get Maddo in with 2 transfers.

Rashy & Mitro to him and a chimp does it.
TAA and Martinelli to a 5.8 ish defender and Maddo does it...and helps sort the 6 players in the Man City v Arse conundrum, with Arsenal having City, Leeds away and a blank next 3...
But I don't like being without TAA's threat.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I mean so might Zaha or Maddison who nearly did last night. I've given Salah and Liverpool a longer grace period than most.

Point is you'll miss the hat trick anyway now because you'll be captaining Haaland that week.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Done. And captain Haaland and close webpage and don't look again all week. Not enjoying this season at all.
… SIX minutes later. :lol:

Ok there's actually a plan to get KDB in as well now.

Jesus > Mitrovic if fit in 11 or roll and do it in 12.
Saliba > sub £5m defender in 12 to get 11 out (keeping Martinelli, Cancelo and Haaland)
Potentially roll in 13
KDB and another £5m defender in for Trent and Bailey in 14 (Could even get Saliba back in though a wing back might be preferable by then).