Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Rauður Djöfull

I wonder if dropping Cancelo is smart? He has 70 points so far yes and is in top 5 defenders score list but cost two million more than the others

but if you get some of the other defenders around him instead and get a better player for midfield, you might be better off

Like having a defence of Gabriel - Trippier - Mee/Castagne - Shaar/White - Patteron

that would make me be able to have Rashford + Solanke or A.Pereirea + Martial on top of this team:
Kane-Haaland & midfield of Trossard-Martinelli-Almiron-KDB. Keepers would be Kepa-Ward with 0,5 itb to spare

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So with the potential injury and 4 yellows... Mitro to Martial decision has been made.

Final decision is Pope & Patterson (bench) Vs Kepa & Botman (bench + 0.3 spare funds)...

saik

I wonder if dropping Cancelo is smart? He has 70 points so far yes and is in top 5 defenders score list but cost two million more than the others

but if you get some of the other defenders around him instead and get a better player for midfield, you might be better off

Like having a defence of Gabriel - Trippier - Mee/Castagne - Shaar/White - Patteron

that would make me be able to have Rashford + Solanke or A.Pereirea + Martial on top of this team:
Kane-Haaland & midfield of Trossard-Martinelli-Almiron-KDB. Keepers would be Kepa-Ward with 0,5 itb to spare
I was toying with this idea as well. As good as he has been, the funds freed up allowed me to upgrade my midfield and attack so I think I'll go ahead with that. Any Newcastle or Arsenal defender look like a good choice for 4.5-5m which allows you to save up to 2m from Cancelo.

Think I'm more or less settled on this :

Ward Kepa
Trippier, Dalot, White, Saliba, Bueno
Almiron, Martinelli, De Bruyne, Rashford, Summerville/Garnacho/Da Silva (sadly don't have enough funds for Andreas) will decide on one closer to deadline, think Garnacho would be a good punt.
Haaland, Kane, Nunez

Swiss_Red89

whats the better Team? Would appreciate some expert advise :)

A:
Ramsdale
Trippier James Cancelo Shaw (Bueno)
Salah Almiron Martinelli Rashy (Andreas)
Kane Haaland (Greenwood)

or B:
Kepa
Trippier White Cancelo (Bueno, Williams)
Kane Haaland Martial

Fear that I will spend christmas thinking about this shit too much :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
whats the better Team? Would appreciate some expert advise :)

A:
Ramsdale
Trippier James Cancelo Shaw (Bueno)
Kane Haaland (Greenwood)

or B:
Kepa
Trippier White Cancelo (Bueno, Williams)
Kane Haaland Martial

Fear that I will spend christmas thinking about this shit too much :lol:
B is basically my team if you swap Williams with Bueno... So I say go A.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Toney still playing as normal, then?
Yes for some reason they're just allowing him to sneak a few games in before getting round to his punishment.

Did Wonder when seeing 800000 had brought him in this week!

Skills

Snitch
What are the thoughts on Bruno Fernandes? If he goes back to pre-Ronaldo form, he's one of the best FPL assets in the game

And he had a terrific world cup as well.

Red Star One

What are the thoughts on Bruno Fernandes? If he goes back to pre-Ronaldo form, he's one of the best FPL assets in the game

I consider him as well but with two premium mids in KDB and Salah + Rashford being a steal, don't think I'll have space for Bruno

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Difficult price point.
Unless we go pen ape sht again it's very difficult as you'll tend to have one Kdb, Salah type and then a few of Rashy, Martinelli, Almiron levels.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I might ditch Cancelo. I think the best way to break the template is to triple up on City attack so KDB, Foden, Haaland for me.

Also having Foden gives easy access to the likes of Saka, Mount and Kulu for any dgw's if needed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Yeah I‘ll probably be going with both him and Rashford. 1st, 2nd and 8th leakiest defences in the next 3 fixtures, it would be mad not to exploit it on this free WC.

Right now I'm on this. Exact money:

Kepa - Ward
Cancelo - James - Trippier - Shaw - Castagne
Bruno - Rashford - Martinelli - Almiron - Andreas
Haaland - Kane - Darwin

Darwin and Bruno to Mitro and KDB before their doubles.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So then

A) James, KDB, Foden, Martial

Vs

B) Cancelo, Salah, Almiron, Havertz

Has to be A doesn't it?

The rest is Kepa, Ward, Robertson, Trippier, Patterson, White, Rashford, Martinelli, Andreas, Haaland, Darwin.

Both scenarios leaves me with £0.5m spare as well which I don't see too much I can do with it bar maybe upgrading Kepa?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I am going to gamble on Bruno!
I am bringing Bruno in as well. Currently sporting this nice team:

Sanchez Ward
Cancelo Trippier Cucurella Shaw Bueno
Bruno Rashford Martinelli Almiron Andreas
Kane Darwin Haaland

Think I might just end up with this team as no major upgrades I can think of. I was considering KDB/Salah in for Bruno, downgrading Cancelo and another player but it does not feel like enough of an upgrade.

MrBrightside1989

Currently got
Pope (ward)
Trippier Cancelo shaw (Patterson, Bueno)
Salah Bruno Mount Andreas Martinelli
Haaland Darwin (Greenwood)

mount is the obvious problem, but he has good fixtures and a double game week coming up so may be worth the risk for a few weeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am bringing Bruno in as well. Currently sporting this nice team:

Sanchez Ward
Cancelo Trippier Cucurella Shaw Bueno
Bruno Rashford Martinelli Almiron Andreas
Kane Darwin Haaland

Think I might just end up with this team as no major upgrades I can think of. I was considering KDB/Salah in for Bruno, downgrading Cancelo and another player but it does not feel like enough of an upgrade.
Interesting strategy to ignore the KDB/Salah debate entirely and go big 3 and Bruno. Very interesting and could pay off immensely if Bruno does get back to peak numbers. Certainly ahead of the curve though, with him on 2 goals and 2 assists only from 16 games. Can't blame Ronaldo for all of that.

Not sure why you'd do Cuccy over James?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've got me an old fashioned benching problem.

Forget the keeper, which is undecided, but which 1 of these outfielders am I benching?

JAMES/CANCELO/SHAW/TRIPPIER
KDB/RASHY/MARTINELLI/ALMIRON
HAALAND/DARWIN/MARTIAL.

Shaw probably doesn't play 3 games in 8 days, but most likely plays this week.

paulscholes18

Forget the keeper, which is undecided, but which 1 of these outfielders am I benching?

HAALAND/DARWIN/MARTIAL.

Shaw or Trippier, leaning more towards Trippier as I think we may have more of a chance of keeping a clean sheet vs Forest than Newcastle do away to Leicester

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

HAALAND/DARWIN/MARTIAL.

Maybe Martinelli?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
He is but if you want him I wouldn’t let that put you off, if he gets a yellow there’s an easy ”downgrade” to Darwin
But getting Darwin now means you can do other upgrades for free.

With Richarlison out, Kulu will definitely play and that could be a good compromise on not having Kane.

Paul_Scholes18

So I am currently on Wilson and Almiron. It do not feel optimal as Leicester are good at defending.

Still Martial is a double up as well.

Or ödegaard in midfield too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Does it really matter if you've got Ward back up? I mean you could get Leno or Sanchez I guess and save the headache.

A wild Kane has appeared in my latest draft!

Kepa / Ward
James / Shaw / White / Trippier/ Patterson
KDB / Rashford / Martinelli / Almiron / Andreas
Kane / Haaland / Darwin

I'm going mad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does it really matter if you've got Ward back up? I mean you could get Leno or Sanchez I guess and save the headache.

A wild Kane has appeared in my latest draft!

Kepa / Ward
James / Shaw / White / Trippier/ Patterson
KDB / Rashford / Martinelli / Almiron / Andreas
Kane / Haaland / Darwin

I'm going mad.
The big decision seems to be Cancelo or Kane really doesn't it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Interesting strategy to ignore the KDB/Salah debate entirely and go big 3 and Bruno. Very interesting and could pay off immensely if Bruno does get back to peak numbers. Certainly ahead of the curve though, with him on 2 goals and 2 assists only from 16 games. Can't blame Ronaldo for all of that.

Not sure why you'd do Cuccy over James?
Financials. There’s £0.7m difference and I got only £0.2m left in the bank. I could downgrade elsewhere but I do like all my other players enough. I also somewhat hate James as he never ever returns for me and the bangs 18 points when I drop him.

I am trailing in all 3 leagues I’m in plus the teams of all participants are so similar that I feel it’ll be somewhat of a stalemate if I don’t at least try to go against the flow. It could backfire but if I try to squeeze KDB/Salah in, I would basically be going with virtually the same teams as all my rivals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, these 12 seem a given.

Kepa Ward
Trippier Shaw James
KDB Rashford Martinelli Almiron Andreas
Haaland Darwin

2 options for the other 3 positions:
  1. Cancelo, Dunk, Martial (plus 0.7m - so Dunk could become either Saliba or Gabriel upwards, or down to Bueno to bank 1.4m all in)
  2. 4m Forest defender, Bueno & Kane (to the penny)
First one seems more rounded, especially with United's next 3?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ok, these 12 seem a given.

Kepa Ward
Trippier Shaw James
KDB Rashford Martinelli Almiron Andreas
Haaland Darwin

2 options for the other 3 positions:
  1. Cancelo, Dunk, Martial (plus 0.7m - so Dunk could become either Saliba or Gabriel upwards, or down to Bueno to bank 1.4m all in)
  2. 4m Forest defender, Bueno & Kane (to the penny)
First one seems more rounded, especially with United's next 3?
Option 1. You'll thank me when Kane gets a yellow in the first minute of the match.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Option 1. You'll thank me when Kane gets a yellow in the first minute of the match.
Haha, I do vividly remember games spent screaming GET FORWARD YOU LUMP at the screen as he's gooning around 50 yards from the goal.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Haha, I do vividly remember games spent screaming GET FORWARD YOU LUMP at the screen as he's gooning around 50 yards from the goal.
He has been good this year tbf but I wonder what ruining the hopes and dreams of the nation has done to him. He struggled mentally after the city transfer fail so could go through a spell like that again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He has been good this year tbf but I wonder what ruining the hopes and dreams of the nation has done to him. He struggled mentally after the city transfer fail so could go through a spell like that again.
He dealt with it after missing that huge chance for 2-0 in the World cup semi of 2018, so a QF is nothing in comparison.