Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am 90 all out with no Jota tomorrow. Went in with 4 dgw and no hits so easily take that.
I have only Haaland and Foden. Honestly, reminds me of that one week laat year where my whole bench played and notched.

redcucumber

Who are people replacing Jota with? Not many alluring options rearing their heads at the mo.

BootsyCollins

I am looking att Hwang alot recently, is it a trap?
Thinking Palmer needs to go.

Edit : 4 homegames in the next 5, and the away is against a leaky Newcastle. Feck, thought he was playing in 29, looks less good then unless i play FH.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Yeah I wild carded my team and it backfired becuase of Mo Salah, was going to put him in but thought he wouldnt get game time coming back from injury but was proven wrong. Hopefully he doesnt score tonight as Im winning my league by a point at the minute.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
88 with triple captain and Virgil and Darwin still to play - had to take -4 and Jota getting injured midway through his GW wasn't ideal.

Free-hitting next week and thinking:

Sa

Dalot
Saliba
Dunk

D.Luiz
Saka
Neto
Gross

Hojlund
Haaland
Watkins

Will probably bottle it and pick a City midfielder but feck knows who to go for.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Can only field 9 players next week if I don't take a hit, but GW29 surely looks even worse with only a few games going on? Or is it better to write that GW off completely since a FH would include a lot of meh players? Still unsure.

This GW was a success though, on 95 with TC Haaland and Bradley, Doughty and Darwin (fingers crossed) still to come.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
So my team for next week pre-transfers. Advice welcome (forgot to take out Udogie last week ffs)

Happy to take a -4

Thinking Udogie for Dalot? No blanks for us (yet) and aside from City away where he can be benched, Everton, Fulham and Sheff Utd at home are 3 of the next 4 fixtures. He's also an outside chance for an assist.

Jota for Hee Chan is my likely go to but he hasn't got many points recently. Will have enough funds to get Salah > KDB soon.

Will have to field Trusty next week :nervous: for a full 11 but Wolves away isn't the worst fixture

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So my team for next week pre-transfers. Advice welcome (forgot to take out Udogie last week ffs)

Happy to take a -4

Thinking Udogie for Dalot? No blanks for us (yet) and aside from City away where he can be benched, Everton, Fulham and Sheff Utd at home are 3 of the next 4 fixtures. He's also an outside chance for an assist.

Jota for Hee Chan is my likely go to but he hasn't got many points recently. Will have enough funds to get Salah > KDB soon.

Will have to field Trusty next week :nervous: for a full 11 but Wolves away isn't the worst fixture

Depends if you're FH29 or not. Jota and Udogie should probably be gone.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Sounds like Nunez and Salah both out tonight. The GW that keeps on giving :drool:
This double fecked me over.

Wildcarded in TAA, Jota, Nunez, Foden and Alvarez, TC on Haaland.

Managed a green arrow barely but still, not much reward for it! :lol:

Got Doughty playing again tonight I hope for what use that will be.

Last edited:

Sir Marcus

Garnacho. That will give me the funds to get Salah in the following GW.
If you had the money, would you go for Hwang or Neto ahead of Garnacho?

I ended up doing Jota for Maddison last week, which meant that Watkins played luckily! Considering which one of Garnacho/Hwang/Neto to bring in now and which one of Gabriel/Maguire - all with a view to getting Salah in.

Obviously the higher cost options leave me at risk against price fluctuations… any thoughts?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Replaced him with Bailey who’s passed the eye test but numbers say otherwise. Plus he plays in 29 as I’m not FH
Was just looking again at Jota replacements with 29 in mind. Not many good midfielder options besides Villa out of the teams we know will play. Bailey definitely an option!

Spurs on a blank this week coming so no point going there until after that, West Ham completely out of sorts. Leaves Villa, Fulham, Burnley and Brentford. Nothing really inspiring outside of Villa. Mbeumo with an estimated return date of GW 28 could be back for Brentford by then but he's not worth transferring in this week. Andreas at Fulham could be a punt I suppose, but Villa assets look to be the call.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If you had the money, would you go for Hwang or Neto ahead of Garnacho?

I ended up doing Jota for Maddison last week, which meant that Watkins played luckily! Considering which one of Garnacho/Hwang/Neto to bring in now and which one of Gabriel/Maguire - all with a view to getting Salah in.

Obviously the higher cost options leave me at risk against price fluctuations… any thoughts?
Hwang is probably the best option out of the 3. Wolves' fixtures are decent, he plays down the middle and his minutes won't be under threat with Cunha's long term injury. Neto gets a lot of assists but you'd fancy Hwang to get more points because of his goal threat.

ShinjiNinja26

I’m planning on taking a -4 hit and getting rid of Jota and Adebayo but torn between 2 options. Either bring in Watkins and Hwang or go for Højlund and Gross?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Might work towards two of Solanke/Watkins/Toney up front, possibly phasing Haaland out and working towards getting Salah back in midfield for GW30 onwards.

Solanke double GW28, Watkins and Toney no blank GW 29.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Transfers done. Jota > Douglas Luiz, Nunez > Watkins.

Areola Neto
Saliba Gabriel Doughty TAA Branthwaite
Saka Palmer Garnacho Foden Douglas Luiz
Watkins Haaland Alvarez

Rightnr

I have added Neto to my team for Bowen. He's on fire and was putting up bulk numbers preinjury as well.
Hwang for me. He's the best FPL asset even if Neto is the better player imho. Also, seems less injury prone and continued scoring when Neto was out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pool cleanie gone, brilliant.

Probably too much to even dream that Lu-on can even keep a draw but at least they've scored. Nice one.

Off to watch the big game, Bradford v Wycombe in the cup that matters. Semi final. Winners play at Wembleym

Rightnr

FPL is usually a shit show but it's these rare weeks where everything falls into place that make it worth it.

If it means the scousers crying into their pillows, even better but surely not.

Last edited: