Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
ML rival has Raya. Need those CBs off before a 95th minute CS spoiler.

Rightnr

Ok, at least I'll get 2 points each from two defenders this week. It's a rare feat this season...

Chipper

Adulterer.
That's the trouble with Arsenal. Goals get shared around. Very unlucky though if you capped him.
Ground gained over Haaland cappers like me I suppose. Good call for those who went that way.

With Gabriel, Saliba and Saka (non capped) I actually lost ground on my rivals up until the 60th minute. 7 point greenie pre-match down to 6. It's up to 10 now as long as the clean sheet holds.

Rightnr

Havertz on a madness the last 3 GWs. I wonder how many will kneejerk him in their team.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ground gained over Haaland cappers like me I suppose. Good call for those who went that way.

With Gabriel, Saliba and Saka (non capped) I actually lost ground on my rivals up until the 60th minute. 7 point greenie pre-match down to 6. It's up to 10 now as long as the clean sheet holds.
Yeah a devastating 1 point swing.

Pickle85

Watkins cappa this week and I'm still lagging behind almost everyone in my league. Areola on the bench and no Saka costing me big.

Moby

Dick
Havertz on a madness the last 3 GWs. I wonder how many will kneejerk him in their team.
It's also not right not to get a second arsenal attacker. I don't remember a team on such an insane scoring spree in recent time. I like the look of Martinelli with Odegaard and Havertz also good options. They have completely switched it from early season when they were grinding out wins and defense getting bonus.

Whenever I WC that's gotta be a consideration as their fixtures are really tasty.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yeah a devastating 1 point swing.
Well technically 2 once it's been doubled but fair enough :lol:

Only my first season playing so I've never experienced this stage of the season before, at this point I'm looking at every single point as valuable. Maybe too much?!

Saka cappers had one over me as I'm desperately trying to make up ground and it all counts in my mind. Started the season well but went to shit Nov/Dec time, holding onto Haaland throughout his injury like an idiot and every point (or two) is counting at the moment.

Anyway, 88 points on the week OR 256k > 192K.

Rightnr

It's also not right not to get a second arsenal attacker. I don't remember a team on such an insane scoring spree in recent time. I like the look of Martinelli with Odegaard and Havertz also good options. They have completely switched it from early season when they were grinding out wins and defense getting bonus.

Whenever I WC that's gotta be a consideration as their fixtures are really tasty.
Last season I had Saka* (f autocorrect) and Martinelli for ages but this year I struggle to pick a second.

Odegaard flatters to deceive, no way I'm buying Havertz and then who's left? They're also expensive, not like last year.

I could have had 100 points this week if Trippier didn't bottle it and Gross actually did his thing like previous gameweeks

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Even though Saka only got 7 points as captain I think the White goal will be a bigger differential for me. Will take it

Moby

Dick
Last season I had Salah and Martinelli for ages but this year I struggle to pick a second.

Odegaard flatters to deceive, no way I'm buying Havertz and then who's left? They're also expensive, not like last year.
Martinelli possibly. Plays as a forward and looks quite involved now. When in form he's an excellent option.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Well technically 2 once it's been doubled but fair enough :lol:

Only my first season playing so I've never experienced this stage of the season before, at this point I'm looking at every single point as valuable. Maybe too much?!

Saka cappers had one over me as I'm desperately trying to make up ground and it all counts in my mind. Started the season well but went to shit Nov/Dec time, holding onto Haaland throughout his injury like an idiot and every point (or two) is counting at the moment.

Anyway, 88 points on the week OR 256k > 192K.
It's technically 1.

Haaland cap 12 + 7 from Saka = 19
Saka cap 14 + 6 from Haaland = 20

:smirk:

@Moby - Martinelli went off with a knock to his ankle. Had him earlier in the season and he was absolute wank but yeah something seems to have clicked for them now attack wise.

Rightnr

Martinelli possibly. Plays as a forward and looks quite involved now. When in form he's an excellent option.
He's the most subbable of their front 3, with Trossard both a good sub for energy and also potential threat off the bench.

He's almost as expensive as Foden, so the only way he gets in is if you miss Son, Salah or Haaland.

RedDevil@84

He's the most subbable of their front 3, with Trossard both a good sub for energy and also potential threat off the bench.

He's almost as expensive as Foden, so the only way he gets in is if you miss Son, Salah or Haaland.
Didn't Martinelli get subbed limping today?

Rightnr

Didn't Martinelli get subbed limping today?
He did and he was prone to these 60-odd minute subs at the end of last season when Arsenal dropped off.

Too streaky for me and even in this great run of fixtures, he's not been pulling trees

Moby

Dick
It's technically 1.

@Moby - Martinelli went off with a knock to his ankle. Had him earlier in the season and he was absolute wank but yeah something seems to have clicked for them now attack wise.

Yeah I had him at the start as well and it was shite but he looks on it now and they have changed the system with both saka and Martinelli playing inside. Mins and price is there but it's a tempting double up the way they are playing. Odegaard is pretty good as well and safe for mins and bonus.

Didn't know he was injured. That obviously changes things.

Chipper

Adulterer.
It's technically 1.

Alright, I stand corrected. :nervous:

I'll still have a moan about 1 point though, especially becaue I've been drinking. Fookin' Saka cappers! :lol:

RopersReturn

Tonight demonstrates the present quality of the EFL, that a team of Sheffield Utds ability can be runners up in the Championship, duly find them selves promoted to the EPL.

Rightnr

May I ask where you chaps are ranked in the overall rankings? I'm at 819,000th. Detonated my team after being about 6,000,000th about two months in and then made a recovery

I'm guessing some of you chaps will laugh in the face of this sort of result.
I'm currently on a bit of a run again and probably in my best FPL position ever but the key thing is to stay consistent, not panic and look for small falls but biggish rises.

I started the season awfully around the 2 million mark using Chelsea players, wildcarded and almost dropped to 4 million and didn't see the top 2 million again until GW10. I have been steadily climbing since and I think I will finally end a GW inside the top 100k. I got to 300ks in GW17 but at that point you need proper points to move and anything around average drops you little or a bit more. So I dropped 2/3 GWs in a row by 10/20/40k but then climb 60/80k in the good ones. The long-term trend is on the up.

My biggest flop has been the TC so far and all of the first half of the season, I got the C chip wrong.

My best bit of strategy has been to do my moves and not kneejerk. The biggest flop on that was going early on Estupinan and Gross but even that has not been too bad.

97th in the Redcafe League
You're 97th overall? Damn.

Edit: that was a sneaky edit :lol: