Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I got a FH and BB left and thinking about when its the best to use them.
Thinking about swapping my two Spurs players for two Palace players this week and to the BB, then sub back Son and do a FH in another double round. What does the Caf think?
Given that the 2nd biggest DGW remaining is 37 which is so close to the end of the season, it makes sense to keep the FH for that.

I have only BB left and I'm using in 34.

paulscholes18

Looks like there will be more blank and double GWs from next season with the FA cup change that all rounds will be on weekends.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Haaland flagged. My BB looking more and more sus each day.

And you know if he plays one game it'll be the FA cup one, not the Brighton one.

But I just don't want to bin him off before a GW37 double...

troylocker

Given that the 2nd biggest DGW remaining is 37 which is so close to the end of the season, it makes sense to keep the FH for that.

I have only BB left and I'm using in 34.
It depends on what your team looks like.

The big difference in the two doubles is the teams who doubles:

GW 34: Arsenal, Liverpool + SHU, Everton, Wolves, CPU and BOU (5 on the beach/relegation teams)
GW 37: City, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, us and Brighton (on the beach)

If possible the target should be to get 13-15 doublers from "good" teams for the 37 double and BB then.
Very few of the players that doubles this GW are players you want to keep for the rest of the season, if any.

It's your chips of course, but I wouldn't be buying Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves or SHU players for this GW if I didn't have a wildcard to play directly after it.

I'm freehitting this week and will have 5/6 doublers in 35 and 15 doublers (8 fixtures extra on the bench) for a BB in 37, and hopefully that'll give me an edge for the final few weeks of the season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It depends on what your team looks like.

The big difference in the two doubles is the teams who doubles:

GW 34: Arsenal, Liverpool + SHU, Everton, Wolves, CPU and BOU (5 on the beach/relegation teams)
GW 37: City, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, us and Brighton (on the beach)

If possible the target should be to get 13-15 doublers from "good" teams for the 37 double and BB then.
Very few of the players that doubles this GW are players you want to keep for the rest of the season, if any.

It's your chips of course, but I wouldn't be buying Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves or SHU players for this GW if I didn't have a wildcard to play directly after it.

I'm freehitting this week and will have 5/6 doublers in 35 and 15 doublers (8 fixtures extra on the bench) for a BB in 37, and hopefully that'll give me an edge for the final few weeks of the season.
If you're unlucky then all of the 37 doublers might have nothing to play for by the penultimate game of the season (Brighton, Chelsea definitely, Utd/Newcastle won't make up 10 points and Spurs might now whether they'll finish above or below Villa by then, City might already be champions, ...).

You just don't know right now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ah so no more blanks/doubles?
Replays aren't the only reason for blanks/doubles are they?

I'm not confident but isn't it also if teams go out of the FA Cup early and/or stay in the League Cup a long time.
Not the only reason but the primary one for sure. Doubt we'll get the big doubles like 34 and 37 any more.

JP77

Ideas on who to TC this week? I have that and BB left. I have four currently injuries so pointless playing the BB this week it feels even if I do two transfers here. I’m thinking BB in 37 as I can prepare well for that. Issue is it means I surely have to play my TC this week but I’m just not very confident in anybody hitting huge points.

I thought Salah but he’s look bang average since returning.

RedDevil@84

Currently have the below FH34 templatey team. Thinking to swap Mateta and Cunha. Not sure Cunha scores against Arsenal.
Both Ait Nouri and Branthwaite have yellow flags. Could bring in Tarkowski and someone else.

Any major players I may have overlooked?

Pickford
VVD Munoz Gabriel
Salah Saka Diaz Havertz Eze
Solanke Cunha

Bench: Neto, Mateta, Ait Nouri, Branthwaite

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Ideas on who to TC this week? I have that and BB left. I have four currently injuries so pointless playing the BB this week it feels even if I do two transfers here. I’m thinking BB in 37 as I can prepare well for that. Issue is it means I surely have to play my TC this week but I’m just not very confident in anybody hitting huge points.

Liverpool looks the best remaining double… but Salah form not great and with Jota back, front line could be rotated

Dont think there’s a better week though

On reflection, I agree might not be a good choice.

Jota? Nunez? (:lol:)… Cunha?

JP77

On reflection, I agree might not be a good choice.

Jota? Nunez? (:lol:)… Cunha?
Yeah a bit of a nightmare really. BB would be wasted this week with the injuries on my bench, seems silly not to use that on 37 when I can potentially have almost an entire team of doubles that are all going to play. Just feels like there’s so few options for the TC here that aren’t risky. Saka is another option but I’m not overly convinced he’s going to do anything huge. Nothing is standing out at all, I even looked at Palmer for next weeks Chelsea double but not exactly the best two games for him.

suheilsworld

Planning to bin Foden and Son for Saka and Eze. Other midfield starters are Palmer, Luiz Diaz and Salah with Haaland and Darwin as striker and player 3-5-2 with 9 doublers. Will WC in 35 and BB in 37

Worried about missing out on Solanke or Cunha. Should I do that for Haaland for -8

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Current FH team:

Pickford
White, VVD, Senesi
Odegaard, Salah, Havertz, Eze
Darwin, Cunha, Haaland

Subs: Neto, Kluivert, Munoz, Mykolenko

Questions:

I'm trying to different to my rival, who is about 28 points ahead of me. The players we currently share are Salah, Saka and Haaland.

1. Is it worth me swapping Saka to Odegaard?
2. Is it worth me starting Kluivert (or bring in someone else like Olise) and drop Haaland? (he has Mateta and Solanke so those are no-go).
3. Is Munoz or Senesi a better choice? (I like Senesi but he has Zabarnyi).

Pickle85

Current FH team:

Pickford
White, VVD, Senesi
Darwin, Cunha, Haaland

Questions:

I'm trying to different to my rival, who is about 28 points ahead of me. The players we currently share are Salah, Saka and Haaland.

2. Is it worth me starting Kluivert (or bring in someone else like Olise) and drop Haaland? (he has Mateta and Solanke so those are no-go).
Not keen on Pickford as a FH choice keeper. Options are thin but given how everton looked last week I'm taking Henderson ahead of him.

Saka looks knackered at the mo but I'm too cowardly to go without him. I've got both him and Ode. My only mildly interesting punt is TAA, in the hopes that he plays both and racks up a couple of assists. Risky but could be a nice differential. Surprised you've gone Haaland given he has a single and hasn't been brilliant (by his standards) recently. Also, didn't he ask to come off against Madrid because he's knackered? Wouldn't be shocked to see him benched. I've gone solanke but I know your rival has him so it's a tricky one...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not keen on Pickford as a FH choice keeper. Options are thin but given how everton looked last week I'm taking Henderson ahead of him.

Saka looks knackered at the mo but I'm too cowardly to go without him. I've got both him and Ode. My only mildly interesting punt is TAA, in the hopes that he plays both and racks up a couple of assists. Risky but could be a nice differential. Surprised you've gone Haaland given he has a single and hasn't been brilliant (by his standards) recently. Also, didn't he ask to come off against Madrid because he's knackered? Wouldn't be shocked to see him benched. I've gone solanke but I know your rival has him so it's a tricky one...
Oh yeah Henderson is in, Pickford was placeholder.

I might just swap Saka and Haaland to Kluivert and Odegasrd. It's just a mental barrier removing those two.

The reason I wanted Haaland is I hate there being a final game without any players in my team. And Brighton have switched off and City will be desperate for a reaction after going out to Madrid (and it's on Thursday).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Current FH team:

Pickford
White, VVD, Senesi
Darwin, Cunha, Haaland

Questions:

I'm trying to different to my rival,
who is about 28 points ahead of me. The players we currently share are Salah, Saka and Haaland.

Same. I say go for it in all 3 instances. Probably last chance to go for "sensible" differentials.

My rival has got Pickford, Zab, Saliba, VVD, Saka, Darwin, Solanke + 2 FT's. I think he'll remove Haaland and Son and bring in Salah and a second Arsenal mid.

My differentials could be Henderson, Gabriel, Robertson/TAA, Havertz, Mateta, Cunha. Will probably keep Saka and Salah. Suspect he'll captain Mo as well. Have to hope my differentials plus extra 2 dgw players outscore him by 20 points or so.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Same. I say go for it in all 3 instances. Probably last chance to go for "sensible" differentials.

My rival has got Pickford, Zab, Saliba, VVD, Saka, Darwin, Solanke + 2 FT's. I think he'll remove Haaland and Son and bring in Salah and a second Arsenal mid.

My differentials could be Henderson, Gabriel, Robertson/TAA, Havertz, Mateta, Cunha. Will probably keep Saka and Salah. Suspect he'll captain Mo as well. Have to hope my differentials plus extra 2 dgw players outscore him by 20 points or so.
You not fancy the Odegaard move? I have a gut feeling he will out score Saka but Saka can always get a penalty.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You not fancy the Odegaard move? I have a gut feeling he will out score Saka but Saka can always get a penalty.
I do fancy him yeah but he's probably the Arsenal midfielder that my rival will bring in. Have been toying with the idea of 3 Arsenal mids (Ode, Havertz and Saka) but you just know if I do that it'll be the week Gabriel scores a bullet header. I also quite fancy both Trent and Robertson now with Salah rather than a 3rd Liverpool forward due to rotation risks. I know Trent is likely to be benched for Gomez in one but he looked good in the first half last night and his ceiling is so high it feels wrong not to punt on him.

I'm gonna be tinkering all day until before the deadline tomorrow.

Pickle85

Oh yeah Henderson is in, Pickford was placeholder.

I might just swap Saka and Haaland to Kluivert and Odegasrd. It's just a mental barrier removing those two.

The reason I wanted Haaland is I hate there being a final game without any players in my team. And Brighton have switched off and City will be desperate for a reaction after going out to Madrid (and it's on Thursday).
Yeah, it's so tough to justify removing them. Haaland absolutely primed to go mental now, isn't he?! Didn't realize he had a whole week actually, so you'd imagine he probably will start. I'm just going all out on DGW players for the fun of it, even though it almost always turns out to be a massively underwhelming decision.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I do fancy him yeah but he's probably the Arsenal midfielder that my rival will bring in. Have been toying with the idea of 3 Arsenal mids (Ode, Havertz and Saka) but you just know if I do that it'll be the week Gabriel scores a bullet header. I also quite fancy both Trent and Robertson now with Salah rather than a 3rd Liverpool forward due to rotation risks. I know Trent is likely to be benched for Gomez in one but he looked good in the first half last night and his ceiling is so high it feels wrong not to punt on him.

I'm gonna be tinkering all day until before the deadline tomorrow.
Didn't consider double Liverpool defense, might need to look at that VVD/TAA

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Didn't consider double Liverpool defense, might need to look at that VVD/TAA
I'm on this at the moment...

Henderson (Pickford)
TAA Gabriel Robertson (Ait Nouri) (Tarkowski)
Salah Eze Saka Odegaard Brereton Diaz
Mateta Cunha (Solanke)

50/50 on starting Solanke or Cunha but he's got Solanke so might as well be different. We only share Saka at the moment if I go with that so could have anywhere between 8-10 different players.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm on this at the moment...

Henderson (Pickford)
TAA Gabriel Robertson (Ait Nouri) (Tarkowski)
Salah Eze Saka Odegaard Brereton Diaz
Mateta Cunha (Solanke)

50/50 on starting Solanke or Cunha but he's got Solanke so might as well be different. We only share Saka at the moment if I go with that so could have anywhere between 8-10 different players.
Yeah I think we're in the same boat pretty much bro.

Current FH team:

Pickford
White, VVD, Senesi
Darwin, Cunha, Haaland

Questions:

I’m likely taking Haaland out due to money it allows me to play with.

Don’t think Bournemouth double is great.

1 - 50/50. On form, I’d say yes but Saka takes penalties?
2 - see tweet below for some possible alts (though personally I’d go Cunha over one of the CP Mids)
3 - same (not saying copy it, just some alt options) and don’t rate Bournemouth double for defenders

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Given that Gabriel and Saka are locked who is the better pick from Havertz and Ode? Feels like Ode has the minutes but Havertz has a higher ceiling?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I’m likely taking Haaland out due to money it allows me to play with.

Don’t think Bournemouth double is great.

1 - 50/50. On form, I’d say yes but Saka takes penalties?
2 - see tweet below for some possible alts (though personally I’d go Cunha over one of the CP Mids)
3 - same (not saying copy it, just some alt options) and don’t rate Bournemouth double for defenders

I put in Ode. I need to go differential to have a chance. This is my final throw of the dice. Haaland is also out... For Kluivert :lol:
Given that Gabriel and Saka are locked who is the better pick from Havertz and Ode? Feels like Ode has the minutes but Havertz has a higher ceiling?
Exactly. I've got both.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'd go Donkai. Øde looks knackered and has been down needing treatment several times in the last few games.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Activated BB, used my two FTs and did another one just for the hell of it. Team:

Pickford, Neto
Gabriel, Smith, TAA, Reguilon, Porro
Saka, Foden, Salah, Palmer, Eze
Cunha, Darwin, Toney​

So 10 doublers and two Brentford guys against Luton. It's my final shot at a great GW and to make up some ground. I'll deal with the last four GWs after that.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ah so no more blanks/doubles?
We'll still have a small number of them. The FA Cup semi final weekend will still create blanks, and unlike this year so will the final.

The final will be played on the same weekend as league matches, the penultimate weekend of the Premier League season. Cup final will be on the Saturday and no league games will be on that day. League games will all be shifted primarily to the Sunday but I'd imagine one or two extra ones might get moved to Monday or Tuesday for TV.

saivet

Using my BB this week and the current team is:

Players in bold have doubles

Sa
VVD, Gabriel, Ait Nouri, Branthwaite
Salah, Saka, Rice, Eze
Solanke
, Haaland​

Subs: Pickford, Reguillon, Toney, Palmer

I've got a few flags (Ait Nouri, Branthwaite and Haaland) and have 2 free transfers with £0.6m in the bank.

Any recommendations on who to get rid of? I've not caught up on the prese conferences yet but assuming players are fit, I'm leaning to get rid of Toney plus one more (maybe Rice?).