Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Devil You Know

I think Garnacho should be in everyone's team for the first few games, at least while Hojlund is out. You just know he's going to make something happen.

K Stand Knut

feck this is shit now without Kane.

Had made a team with TAA in it based on the fact that Caicedo was going to Liverpool but is is obviously out of the window and now I need a team without TAA and without Kane.

Any tips for changes on the below?
Onana/Areola
Gabriel/Esutpiñan/Stones/Bell/Cash
Saka/Mitoma/Salah/Richarlison/Rashford
Haaland/Vinicius/Archer.

Getting stressed now on the basis that i thought it was Thursday and not Friday

Anustart89

Had made a team with TAA in it based on the fact that Caicedo was going to Liverpool but is is obviously out of the window and now I need a team without TAA and without Kane.

Onana/Areola
Haaland/Vinicius/Archer.

No comments on the team but I like that all your subs are nouns.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Onana/Areola
Haaland/Vinicius/Archer.

Turner is also a noun, get him as your reserve GK.

What's up with the Vini pick? Mitro is available. I'd just find the extra .5 for Pedro.

K Stand Knut

Do you think? What if he plays Sancho as false 9 so that Rashford can keep his left side slot?
I don’t think he’ll do that.

Not enough energy and/or fight in Sancho and it is a change in shape that I don’t think Ten Hag will risk in competitive games.

It served a purpose in pre-season

K Stand Knut

Turner is also a noun, get him as your reserve GK.

What's up with the Vini pick? Mitro is available. I'd just find the extra .5 for Pedro.
He hasn’t played at all in pre-season and I don’t see him being there past the window. I also don’t think he (Mitro) will be anywhere near the team for any league games until the window is shut

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Do you think? What if he plays Sancho as false 9 so that Rashford can keep his left side slot?
It's a risk but could be rewarding too. I'm not keen though. We have lot of exciting but mandatory options in midfield . Who will go out ?

vodrake

I think Garnacho should be in everyone's team for the first few games, at least while Hojlund is out. You just know he's going to make something happen.

I've had him in a few of my drafts, debating the final draft now. Even if we still just use him as a super sub, the first few weeks of the season refs are going to be over the top on the new added minutes rule, so there's going to be lots of extra time added for him to come on and test his speed against tired legs. Feels like it could be a lethal combo

Samid

He hasn’t played at all in pre-season and I don’t see him being there past the window. I also don’t think he (Mitro) will be anywhere near the team for any league games until the window is shut
Maybe but Vini isn't very good. 3 away fixtures in the first 4. Just don't see what he offers other than price drops.

CM

Is it mental to bench Trent in GW1? I have to bench one of him or Walker, and I think City have the better chance of a clean sheet. Anyone know how Trent's been getting on in pre-season in terms of attacking contributions?

Lux Thunder

Settled on this, no more changes. Wanted Garnacho too, but long term I think Shaw, Bruno and Rashford should take those three slots.

GK: Ederson, Areola
DF: Shaw, Estupinan, Gabriel, Colwill, Baldock
MF: Saka, Mitoma, Bruno, Rashford, Foden
CF: Haaland ©, Joao Pedro, Jackson.

Good luck to everyone !

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is it mental to bench Trent in GW1? I have to bench one of him or Walker, and I think City have the better chance of a clean sheet. Anyone know how Trent's been getting on in pre-season in terms of attacking contributions?
It definitely is mental to bench Trent if you have him. But I will tell you what’s worse - starting Walker over Trent.

Devil You Know

Is he nailed? They also have Sancho who can play right?
I think he could be.

In preseason, Rashford up front scored and assisted. Meanwhile Garnacho was a constant menace on the left.

Sancho did show glimpses, to be fair. But I felt there was a noticeable dropoff.

Going by preseason alone, Rashford CF + Garnacho LW is better than Sancho "CF" + Rashford LW.

And even if not by preseason, Rashford ended last season as the de facto first choice CF. EtH has never had any qualms about playing him there.

But who am I to say? EtH may value Garnacho to come off the bench against tired legs instead. In that case, you'd be losing the playing time bonus. But he's so much more likely to score than Sancho, he'll more than make up for it with his goal threat imo.

CM

It definitely is mental to bench Trent if you have him. But I will tell you what’s worse - starting Walker over Trent.
Away to Chelsea with no DM. I'd be banking on an attacking return which I'm not sure will come.

Moby

Dick
I think he could be.

In preseason, Rashford up front scored and assisted. Meanwhile Garnacho was a constant menace on the left.

Sancho did show glimpses, to be fair. But I felt there was a noticeable dropoff.

Going by preseason alone, Rashford CF + Garnacho LW is better than Sancho "CF" + Rashford LW.

And even if not by preseason, Rashford ended last season as the de facto first choice CF. EtH has never had any qualms about playing him there.

But who am I to say? EtH may value Garnacho to come off the bench against tired legs instead. In that case, you'd be losing the playing time bonus. But he's so much more likely to score than Sancho, he'll more than make up for it with his goal threat imo.
Interesting. I already have three Man United players so can't pick him. One to keep an eye on.

Samid

What's crazy is if you only have Haaland (c) tonight you'll probably be ranked 4-5m after the first game.

Spark

I've thought way too much about this and ended up with a team that I can't decide if I like it or fecking hate it. Think I hate it?

Onana (Areola)
Estupiñan - Gabriel - Stones - (Botman) - (Baldock)
Salah - Saka - Mitoma - Richarlison - (Garnacho) -
Haaland - Jackson - Joao Pedro

Just swapped Eze for Richarlison. Got 1m in the bank. Feels really template still, just want to deploy that cash better.

Lebowski

Don't see it with Øde. Think he over performed G/A wise last season. He'll probably have to take more responsibility defensively with Havertz added to that midfield.

Martinelli cheaper and higher ceiling.
All good points and I'm basically 50/50 between them.

Odegaard is obviously less of a rotation risk and he also had a habit of pulling in big hauls last year compared to Martinelli. He also just seems like the heartbeat of that team and a 'safer' bet until we see exactly how they line up without Jesus and how Trossard/Havertz/Nketiah feature.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Martinelli had a poor record when Jesus was missing last season until they switched to Trossard instead of Nketiah, so which one of those two you think will start may also have a knock-on effect on whether you want to start with Martinelli and Odegaard.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Settled on this, no more changes. Wanted Garnacho too, but long term I think Shaw, Bruno and Rashford should take those three slots.

GK: Ederson, Areola
DF: Shaw, Estupinan, Gabriel, Colwill, Baldock
MF: Saka, Mitoma, Bruno, Rashford, Foden
CF: Haaland ©, Joao Pedro, Jackson.

Good luck to everyone !
Very similar team, only midfield is different with Martinelli and Mbeumo for Foden and Mitoma.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Done:

Ederson

Shaw
Gabriel
Estu

Saka
Odegaard
Rashy
Bruno
Mitoma