Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Zen

Captain Bruno only has 13 to chase.... let's do it lad.

Rashford, Shaw, Richarlison, Gakpo also still to come. But I'm in the mud regardless with 30, ouch! That Ramsdale and Timber double up hurt me big!

On 56 with Onana, Chilwell, Bruno, Rashy & Maddison to play.

Really hoping for a big score from Maddison as he seems to be my differential and I picked him ahead of my other two targets (Mitoma & Diaby) who both returned.
48 with the exact same players as you to play plus Mbeumo. And I captained Saka. Not bad.

jungledrums

Nah but I am frustrated with the Saliba thing. Not that it happened but it will keep happening and I'll never catch it because I don't really follow these FPL experts/ITK's.

Feels like an unfair advantage when they have sources that can literally help them get ahead.
What was the Saliba thing sorry? He’s in my team, so I feel like I should know. Bloody clueless I am

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What was the Saliba thing sorry? He’s in my team, so I feel like I should know. Bloody clueless I am
Apparently some YouTube FPL guy broke the news (about Gabriel missing out) via an ITK on his stream a few minutes before deadline and everyone who was online at that time also made the switch.

Paul_Scholes18

Only one blank from Gabriel from 8 players. Can't help, but feel it is annoying start if Salah hauls.

Was really counting on Martinelli as a differential and this was the game to do well and even if 5 points is fine I had hoped for him scoring.

If United win and I get some returns from us it is good though. A Bruno pen and 3 bonus would be nice and a clean.

saik

So is Udogie nailed on starter for Spurs? If he is then it's a no brainer to get him in.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So is Udogie nailed on starter for Spurs? If he is then it's a no brainer to get him in.
He's certainly first choice from what I've heard.

I'd wait and see how their defence looks before saying he's a no brainer though, in pre-season they looked like a team who would concede a lot of goals. And we have 4.5m options from the likes of Newcastle and Chelsea to consider as well, both of whom may be stronger defences across the season.

SteveCoppellFan

I already have him but i'm very tempted to have 4 x 5m+ defenders in my squad.

The Gabriel situation just highlighted the fact plus one of the 4 defenders normally has a poor fixture so its a good rotation option if your playing 3 at the back.

But where does the money come from ?, I have 0.5 in the bank and the intention is to bring in Richarlison if he plays well for Mitoma at some stage.

Probably means I need to find 1m to upgrade to a 5.5m defender like James.

Kind of only leaves Pedro but is he a better option than a 5.5m defender ??

Choices choices.

saik

He's certainly first choice from what I've heard.

I'd wait and see how their defence looks before saying he's a no brainer though, in pre-season they looked like a team who would concede a lot of goals. And we have 4.5m options from the likes of Newcastle and Chelsea to consider as well, both of whom may be stronger defences across the season.
Stronger defences yes, but their sub 4.5/4m options are all CBs who don't provide much attacking returns as a LB/RB does. Curious to see how he does in this match. I only have Ake, Saliba and Estu and my bench options are Beyer and Baldock. I need some good option on bench in case Ake will get rotated. Which he surely will as it's Pep.

saik

I already have him but i'm very tempted to have 4 x 5m+ defenders in my squad.

The Gabriel situation just highlighted the fact plus one of the 4 defenders normally has a poor fixture so its a good rotation option if your playing 3 at the back.

But where does the money come from ?, I have 0.5 in the bank and the intention is to bring in Richarlison if he plays well for Mitoma at some stage.

Probably means I need to find 1m to upgrade to a 5.5m defender like James.

Kind of only leaves Pedro but is he a better option than a 5.5m defender ??

Choices choices.
Yeah, it's a tough one. But even if you want a 5.5m defender, I'd steer well clear of James unless he can string together a run of 3-4 games fit and starting. I've been burned enough by him and Nunez last season.

I'll definitely get Udogie if he's starting every week and only 4.5m. Surely a nice rotation option to have on bench.

Pickle85

Yeah, it's a tough one. But even if you want a 5.5m defender, I'd steer well clear of James unless he can string together a run of 3-4 games fit and starting. I've been burned enough by him and Nunez last season.

I'll definitely get Udogie if he's starting every week and only 4.5m. Surely a nice rotation option to have on bench.
I was debating Udogie too if he's nailed on, but remains to be seen how good spuds looks for cleanies. How is he going forward?

saik

I was debating Udogie too if he's nailed on, but remains to be seen how good spuds looks for cleanies. How is he going forward?
Only 20mins in but seems very attacking. Almost playing like a winger. They are definitely gonna concede a lot this season. :lol:

saivet

Was that another assist by Maddison? Couldn't tell if it was him are the defenders tackle.

Already wishing I stuck with Maddison over Richarlison based on early viewing

Canuckred64

Looks like another Madison assist. Transferring Mbeumo out for Foden just before deadline instead of Madison is not looking very smart.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I told y'all Maddison was playing great in pre-season. I'm glad I grabbed him.

Also, that miss from Mbuemo :lol:

Suv666

Fecks sake Richarlison is useless was conflicted between him and Madisson and though better choose the striker

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thought Wissa would be too much risk on the Brentford attack.

But they have some more good fixtures coming up, so if Jackson looks poor, I might swap them and get some cash back.

Rightnr

I told y'all Maddison was playing great in pre-season. I'm glad I grabbed him.

Also, that miss from Mbuemo :lol:
Meh, a goal is almost two assists in midfield, so not bothered.

He's a good player but he needs a striker. If Kane stayed, him and Maddison would have been a guarantee.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Meh, a goal is almost two assists in midfield, so not bothered.

He's a good player but he needs a striker. If Kane stayed, him and Maddison would have been a guarantee.
Kane leaving is a massive blow but Spurs will still play super attacking and he will always be involved.

Rightnr

Kane leaving is a massive blow but Spurs will still play super attacking and he will always be involved.
So your shout is Maddison over Mbeumo? They're also playing us next, so it's not like they have easy fixtures.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So your shout is Maddison over Mbeumo? They're also playing us next, so it's not like they have easy fixtures.
Absolutely. Spurs playing United next but then 3 easy fixtures on paper for them. Mbuemo is a boring template pick and was dross in pre-season. Without the penalty today he would have got 2 points and they're not gonna get penalties every game. He will score a few goals over the season but I prefer having someone a bit more exciting.