Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Thinking it is smarter to TC now and plan for a better DGW in GW37 when most of the good teams double.
I'm hoping WC and BB can save me those last few games. Gone so far behind by buying Haaland a week late and benching Gabriel last weekend.

Ludens the Red

9 double game players plus Saka and Watkins.

Bring it on
Guessing 6 from city and pool? And the other three? Feel like doubling up on shite teams never works especially when the two fixtures are against top opponents . It’s a proper trap.

Pickle85

Yeah I am but again I'm looking at my bench and thinking will this be more pain.

Nipples, Palmer, Porro, Estu. Could swap Palmer out for Barkley or Doku and boost. Will that net more points than a Haaland TC?
Yeah, it's a tough call - strong bench. I'm leaning towards banking the favourable double for TC now and hoping for other BB opportunities with more DGWs
I am. It wont get better than two home games like this.
BUTTON PUSHED!

Pickle85

I'm hoping WC and BB can save me those last few games. Gone so far behind by buying Haaland a week late and benching Gabriel last weekend.
Gabriel staring at me from my bench too while Porro, Rich and Watkins did feck all. Fuming.

Moby

Dick
Thinking it is smarter to TC now and plan for a better DGW in GW37 when most of the good teams double.
Yeah exactly, just that I would've gotten this chip out of the way if it wasn't for the TC. I will definitely consider the GW1 BB next season, because the second WC just gets crippled having to pair it with this chip. And now this season if we do BB in 37 then having to carry funds on the bench for almost 5-6 GWs is painful.

troylocker

Also I am in pretty serious BB territory this week if it wasn't for the TC:
Areola (not great), Gordon (home BOU), Mengi (DGW), Branthwaite (home CRY)
Not exactly a full DGW line up but can easily gather what we'll get from DGW fodders later on.
Yeah exactly, just that I would've gotten this chip out of the way if it wasn't for the TC. I will definitely consider the GW1 BB next season, because the second WC just gets crippled having to pair it with this chip. And now this season if we do BB in 37 then having to carry funds on the bench for almost 5-6 GWs is painful.
You will have plenty of opportunities to have 4 decent starters with decent fixtures on your bench between now and GW38. How many points would you guess that bench would give you? :

Areola: 1-3 point (West Ham won't keep it clean here), Gordon 1-7 (blank or one return), Mengi 0-2 points (0 cleans and 0 returns) and Branthwaite (1-6)
Decent roof 16-18 point with luck, but absolutely crap floor for a BB (3-5 points).

It's not like you have a ton of funds stuffed on that bench that you need to sell off to get funds either. With teamvalue of 105M + you'll have decent to good bench options for the rest of the season.

Bristol_Red_87

I will definitely consider the GW1 BB next season, because the second WC just gets crippled having to pair it with this chip. And now this season if we do BB in 37 then having to carry funds on the bench for almost 5-6 GWs is painful.
Optimum play is to use the BB within 3 weeks of the WC IMO and obviously on a big double if you can get it.

I'm gonna have to move away from this ploy this season unfortunately but holding it until GW37 is risky as there will be lots of teams who either have nothing or (in the case of City and potentially Liverpool) everything to play for, both of which means rotation..

Moby

Dick
Optimum play is to use the BB within 3 weeks of the WC IMO and obviously on a big double if you can get it.

I'm gonna have to move away from this ploy this season unfortunately but holding it until GW37 is risky as there will be lots of teams who either have nothing or (in the case of City and potentially Liverpool) everything to play for, both of which means rotation..
That's exactly it, let's see how it pans out. There is FA Cup output in 27 that could change all these plans.

vic090482

My team for GW 25 (might make last minute subs based on any injuries etc, not sure if I should bench Gordon or Palmer and Porro/Saliba for Estu :confused:)

Pickford (Areola)
Saliba Porro Doughty (Branthwaite Estu)
Jota Foden Gordon KDB (Palmer)
Watkins Hojlund Haaland (TC)

1,8 ITB

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The only way for me to avoid FH in GW29 (assuming it stays as is and the Luton v Forrest game gets added in):

Current team:

Raya
Porro, Estu, Saliba
Son, Saka, Foden, Palmer, Jota
Haaland, Twatkins

Subs: Dubs, Solanke, Doughty, Branthwaite

GW25 (Estu and Palmer to Reguilon & Doku for a -4):

Raya
Doughty, Reguilon, Saliba
Son, Saka, Foden, Doku, Jota
Haaland
, Twatkins

Subs: Dubs, Solanke, Porro, Branthwaite

GW26 (Jota to Luiz)

Raya
Branthwaite, Reguilon, Saliba
Saka, Foden, Doku, Luiz
Haaland, Twatkins, Solanke

Subs: Dubs, Son, Doughty, Porro

GW27 (roll transfer)

Raya
Branthwaite, Porro, Saliba
Saka, Foden, Doku,Son

Subs: Dubs, Luiz, Doughty, Reguilon

GW28 (Doku and Haaland to Barkley & Adebayo)

Raya
Doughty, Porro, Saliba
Saka, Foden, Barkley, Son
Adebayo, Twatkins, Solanke

Subs: Dubs, Luiz, Branthwaite, Reguilon

GW29 (Raya, Solanke and Foden to Martinez, Toney and Maddison for a -8):

Martinez
Doughty, Porro, Reguilon
Maddison, Luiz, Barkley, Son
Adebayo, Twatkins, Toney

Subs: Dubs, Saka, Branthwaite, Saliba

Then WC in GW30.

I don't know if this is worth it just to save a FH in GW29. Money wise it will be attainable but every transfer from now until then is to service GW29.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

How about that @CassiusClaymore
I think it was expected he'd play some part this gw wasn't it. There will be rotation in the front line simply because they've got a cup final the following weekend as well. Be very surprised if he starts all 3 after a hamstring injury.

As Moby likes to say "Let's see (what Klopp says)" before we panic.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I need to bench 3 out of these 5 this GW:

Porro - Wolves (H)
Branthwaite - Palace (H)
Bowen - Forest (A)
Palmer - City (A)
Watkins - Fulham (A)

Any advice? At the moment, I'm leaning towards starting Porro and Bowen. However benching Watkins could easily come back to haunt me.

RedDevil@84

I need to bench 3 out of these 5 this GW:

Porro - Wolves (H)
Branthwaite - Palace (H)
Bowen - Forest (A)
Palmer - City (A)
Watkins - Fulham (A)

Any advice? At the moment, I'm leaning towards starting Porro and Bowen. However benching Watkins could easily come back to haunt me.
Porro and Palmer.

Moby

Dick
As Moby likes to say "Let's see (what Klopp says)" before we panic.
:lol: "the future, we never know"

But nah this train has sailed. Worst case he starts Luton but unless you saved millions in the bank and can get him back in one move it ain't worth it.

I'm "let's see" for what happens in fa cup and 27 onwards. This I've already seen.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The only way for me to avoid FH in GW29 (assuming it stays as is and the Luton v Forrest game gets added in):

Current team:

Raya
Porro, Estu, Saliba
Son, Saka, Foden, Palmer, Jota
Haaland, Twatkins

Subs: Dubs, Solanke, Doughty, Branthwaite

GW25 (Estu and Palmer to Reguilon & Doku for a -4):

Raya
Doughty, Reguilon, Saliba
Son, Saka, Foden, Doku, Jota
Haaland
, Twatkins

Subs: Dubs, Solanke, Porro, Branthwaite

GW26 (Jota to Luiz)

Raya
Branthwaite, Reguilon, Saliba
Saka, Foden, Doku, Luiz

Subs: Dubs, Son, Doughty, Porro

GW27 (roll transfer)

Raya
Branthwaite, Porro, Saliba
Saka, Foden, Doku,Son

Subs: Dubs, Luiz, Doughty, Reguilon

GW28 (Doku and Haaland to Barkley & Adebayo)

Raya
Doughty, Porro, Saliba
Saka, Foden, Barkley, Son
Adebayo, Twatkins, Solanke

Subs: Dubs, Luiz, Branthwaite, Reguilon

GW29 (Raya, Solanke and Foden to Martinez, Toney and Maddison for a -8):

Martinez
Doughty, Porro, Reguilon
Maddison, Luiz, Barkley, Son
Adebayo, Twatkins, Toney

Subs: Dubs, Saka, Branthwaite, Saliba

Then WC in GW30.

I don't know if this is worth it just to save a FH in GW29. Money wise it will be attainable but every transfer from now until then is to service GW29.
Any thoughts on this @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @anyone?

Moby

Dick

But I was sure you had donkey. The plan looks good but not sure about Doku. He's not done much aside that one crazy game and minutes aren't really secure. Could be an absolute home run but I haven't considered him much.

Other than that it's fine. I'm not really thinking too much beyond 26 for now with the cup games after that gw. Will have a rough plan in mind and basically not selling obvious picks like Ollie who we all gonna need regardless but other than that just gonna reassess after the cup is done. Last two seasons has seen cup force WC bandwagons and there was this weird Brighton Brentford dgw last season like the Bournemouth one now so it a lot depends on the make up of 29. I'll be surprised if we don't get one or two big teams landing in 29. Could easily be arsenal v Chelsea the way chelsea are playing now and if Leeds absolutely take the cup seriously and also won't be surprised if Blackburn do Newcastle over for example. Something gotta fall from that lot.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

But I was sure you had donkey. The plan looks good but not sure about Doku. He's not done much aside that one crazy game and minutes aren't really secure. Could be an absolute home run but I haven't considered him much.

Other than that it's fine. I'm not really thinking too much beyond 26 for now with the cup games after that gw. Will have a rough plan in mind and basically not selling obvious picks like Ollie who we all gonna need regardless but other than that just gonna reassess after the cup is done. Last two seasons has seen cup force WC bandwagons and there was this weird Brighton Brentford dgw last season like the Bournemouth one now so it a lot depends on the make up of 29. I'll be surprised if we don't get one or two big teams landing in 29. Could easily be arsenal v Chelsea the way chelsea are playing now and if Leeds absolutely take the cup seriously and also won't be surprised if Blackburn do Newcastle over for example. Something gotta fall from that lot.
Great meme :lol:

Agree with most of that tbf. Also Doku might become Rodri who is nailed as it gets for city and has decent returns.

Moby

Dick
Great meme :lol:

Agree with most of that tbf. Also Doku might become Rodri who is nailed as it gets for city and has decent returns.
Yeah but they sound like coverage picks. Depends really on how many transfers you have. If you can afford a extra doubler then sure it might work out. You could think of another Liverpool mid like Diaz.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What’s the Jota to Luiz tfr for? (probably something I’m not aware of).

Personally, feels like chasing doubles for the sake of doubles and a few hits. If they were great/good doubles (like City or Bournemouth in 28) maybe but Luton have the no.1 and no.2 teams in Europe back to back?

I’d just use the FH, but remember I don’t plan and I’m also too lazy to work out future moves in this detail so …

(Ps. I don’t like Doku, as a player or an FPL player. And you never know how many minutes Divey gets there)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah but they sound like coverage picks. Depends really on how many transfers you have. If you can afford a extra doubler then sure it might work out. You could think of another Liverpool mid like Diaz.
Yeah it's coverage. Can't get Diaz as I need city over pool for GW26.
What’s the Jota to Luiz tfr for? (probably something I’m not aware of).

Personally, feels like chasing doubles for the sake of doubles and a few hits. If they were great/good doubles (like City or Bournemouth in 28) maybe but Luton have the no.1 and no.2 teams in Europe back to back?

I’d just use the FH, but remember I don’t plan and I’m also too lazy to work out future moves in this detail so …

(Ps. I don’t like Doku, as a player or an FPL player. And you never know how many minutes Divey gets there)
That's the villa mid, who plays GW29 and is on pens but I agree, feels like the trap I always fall into (chasing doubles).
Looks viable. Not sure a hit for a gk will be worth it in 29. Like I'm thinking, might just be safe to roll with 10 instead.

I see you're also joining me on the Haaland too Adebayo madness. :lol:
Yeah you could be right about the GK. Haha you inspired me and I realised Luton are fun to watch, City playing Pool and I'm using WC on GW30 anyway so yeti will be straight back in the team.

But maybe FH29 is just the better option, which will allow me to make optimal transfers and not chase doubles.