Fantasy Premier League 23/24

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
May I ask where you chaps are ranked in the overall rankings? I'm at 819,000th. Detonated my team after being about 6,000,000th about two months in and then made a recovery

I'm guessing some of you chaps will laugh in the face of this sort of result.
6.3k OR at the moment, went down from 5.7k. Highest i've ever been, don't know if i can maintain this rank or not until the end of the season :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
May I ask where you chaps are ranked in the overall rankings? I'm at 819,000th. Detonated my team after being about 6,000,000th about two months in and then made a recovery

I'm guessing some of you chaps will laugh in the face of this sort of result.
Just inside the top 200k. Started quite well, went to pot, 5 greens in a row is better.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone tempted to transfer Morris in for Haaland for GW28 and GW29 or is it a double trap
Already done it and don't intend to bring him back until GW31.

Is it trap? Everything in this game can potentially be a trap but that's a phrase usually reserved for hindsight merchants after the fact. In isolation Haaland has 1 game away to the league leaders vs Morris's 3 against bottom half of the table teams. Like anything in this game it's a gamble but I'd say a fairly low risk one. The worst that can happen is of course he bags a hatty against Liverpool but I'm gonna guess it will be a week where he isn't captained by the majority of active players, so again, the damage could be worse.

Foden is the harder one for me to remove, purely because of the form he's in.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Anyone tempted to transfer Morris in for Haaland for GW28 and GW29 or is it a double trap
I've done it and ignored the double trap as it's 3 games vs 1 game.

Haaland, despite not at his best and playing away at Liverpool has the ability to run riot but it's a risk worth taking.

Not expecting massive Morris returns, but should beat Haaland with 2 extra games.

Fully expect Morris to come off injured in the 1st half on Saturday though.

suheilsworld

Already done it and don't intend to bring him back until GW31.

Is it trap? Everything in this game can potentially be a trap but that's a phrase usually reserved for hindsight merchants after the fact. In isolation Haaland has 1 game away to the league leaders vs Morris's 3 against bottom half of the table teams. Like anything in this game it's a gamble but I'd say a fairly low risk one. The worst that can happen is of course he bags a hatty against Liverpool but I'm gonna guess it will be a week where he isn't captained by the majority of active players, so again, the damage could be worse.

Foden is the harder one for me to remove, purely because of the form he's in.
d, despite not at his best and playing away at Liverpool has the ability to run riot but it's a risk worth taking.

Not expecting massive Morris returns, but should beat Haaland with 2 extra games.

Fully expect Morris to come off injured in the 1st half on Saturday thou
Gives me confidence to do it. Also, looks like his price might drop by 0.1, so better to take advantage of that

AlexUTD

Haaland, despite not at his best and playing away at Liverpool has the ability to run riot but it's a risk worth taking.

That all depends on if @CassiusClaymore got him in or not:nervous:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

I mean yeah that or a red card. Can't do anything about that though. Just like when Jota and Darwin went off first half in the double a few weeks back. Absolutely gutted as they'd have both hauled.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Is it worth it getting a Bournemouth defender in for their two easy home games when they blank in GW29? Team right now is as follows:

Martinez (Dubravka)
Estupinan Doughty Walker Bradley Porro
Son Palmer Saka Foden Gordon
Watkins Haaland Nunez

So I was thinking Haaland --> Morris and Walker --> ??? in GW28 and then replacing two midfielders for Bowen and Luiz who play in 29, that gives me something like this in GW29 (fielding 9 players) with a -4 in consecutive weeks:

Martinez
Porro Doughty ???
Bowen Luiz Son
Watkins Morris

Feel like Solanke/Semenyo are not worth it given the circumstances and their blank, and a Bournemouth defender also might not be not worth it as it leaves me with one less starter in GW29. But the alternatives (a West Ham defender, likely) are not that enticing either. What a mess this GW29 has become (don't have my FH anymore).

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

I mean yeah that or a red card. Can't do anything about that though. Just like when Jota and Darwin went off first half in the double a few weeks back. Absolutely gutted as they'd have both hauled.
Morris rarely gets injured/sent off. So expect a fifth minute red card where he pulls his hammy on the way to the dug out.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
FFS, don't remind me about that CC. Still fuming. Was a week i should have made up points on guy first, ahead of me by 45. Ended up scoring one point less then him that week FFS, and he had neither of them and I had both...then not to even mention the pain of having to use subs to remove them both :(

RedDevil@84

What are you guys doing with Senesi? Don't really see the point in wasting another hit on a Bournemouth defender.

And people not doing FH29 and not WC GW28, how many players are you having for GW29?

Moby

Dick
And people not doing FH29 and not WC GW28, how many players are you having for GW29?
I would have had 9 with two hits over two GWs, not worth it so I feel like ditching it. I can´t go into a GW with a 12 point deficit over the field at this stage. Right now thoughts are FH29, but could be WC if someone like Salah resurrects magically. Either way unless you have 11 GOOD players i.e. not Porro, Rich, Taylor, Mengi, etc then fine, otherwise I think get the chips out.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What are you guys doing with Senesi? Don't really see the point in wasting another hit on a Bournemouth defender.

Taking him back out because I'm on a wildcard baby.

@Dirty Schwein how's yours looking?

Currently got

Neto (Areola)
Zabaryani Doughty Gabriel (Reguillon) (Udogie)
Bowen Saka Son Kudus (Foden)
Morris Solanke Watkins

Foden a place holder at the moment for someone else. Most likely a gw29 mid that I can bench this week. Kudus not 100% sure on either yet. Will see how he and West Ham play in the week.

Decided not to double on Arsenal defence as doesn't feel like the right time and the way their attack is playing I might want a second attacker instead after the City game is out the way.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Is it worth it getting a Bournemouth defender in for their two easy home games when they blank in GW29? Team right now is as follows:

Martinez (Dubravka)
Estupinan Doughty Walker Bradley Porro
Son Palmer Saka Foden Gordon
Watkins Haaland Nunez

So I was thinking Haaland --> Morris and Walker --> ??? in GW28 and then replacing two midfielders for Bowen and Luiz who play in 29, that gives me something like this in GW29 (fielding 9 players) with a -4 in consecutive weeks:

Martinez
Porro Doughty ???
Bowen Luiz Son
Watkins Morris

Feel like Solanke/Semenyo are not worth it given the circumstances and their blank, and a Bournemouth defender also might not be not worth it as it leaves me with one less starter in GW29. But the alternatives (a West Ham defender, likely) are not that enticing either. What a mess this GW29 has become (don't have my FH anymore).
I'm doing Dubravka > Neto, he has a double in 28 then Everton & Palace in 30 & 31, Martinez plays in 29

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Are either of these two doubling in 37 for the BB?
Bournemouth might. Nipples has Luton that week. Probably will want that Chelsea guy Petrovic at some point. Also if I knew Allison was out for the season I'd have Kelleher in now and just play Nipples this week.

Moby

Dick
Bournemouth might. Nipples has Luton that week. Probably will want that Chelsea guy Petrovic at some point. Also if I knew Allison was out for the season I'd have Kelleher in now and just play Nipples this week.
Yeah Petrovic is a good shout. Chelsea can double both in 34 and 37 no? They have two games postponed. So whichever week you BB in you can use this guy.

Gawge

Wondering whether to go for a couple of Luton players this week, as it's essentially 6 fixtures (but Luton) vs 2 fixtures for a -4.

Current plan with chips is:
Wildcard 30/31
Free Hit 34 (I think there is more to be gained than there is lost in 29)
Bench Boost 37

For GW29 I have Martinez, Porro, Luiz, Bowen and Watkins. I have 2 FTs to use, which I planned to be Son/Maddison and Toney. Question is whether to use a transfer this week (free this week, but means a -4 next week) for a Luton defender, or maybe even a Def+Att.

On paper, Ake to Doughty seems just an obvious transfer this week, gives me 3 fixtures vs a surely maximum of 2pts from Ake.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Taking him back out because I'm on a wildcard baby.

@Dirty Schwein how's yours looking?

Currently got

Neto (Areola)
Zabaryani Doughty Gabriel (Reguillon) (Udogie)
Bowen Saka Son Kudus (Foden)
Morris Solanke Watkins

Foden a place holder at the moment for someone else. Most likely a gw29 mid that I can bench this week. Kudus not 100% sure on either yet. Will see how he and West Ham play in the week.

Decided not to double on Arsenal defence as doesn't feel like the right time and the way their attack is playing I might want a second attacker instead after the City game is out the way.
Not too dissimilar to you.

Neto (Areola)
Saliba, Doughty, Gabriel (Udogie, Reguilon)
Bowen, Saka, Son, Barkley (Madison)
Twatkins, Solanke, Morris

That leaves me enough to get in Palmer, Salah & Haaland in GW31 for Bowen, Madison & Solanke (who will be Toney by then). Then I will do Son to Foden soon after.

Might still change, maybe a Bournemouth defender comes in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Not too dissimilar to you.

Neto (Areola)
Saliba, Doughty, Gabriel (Udogie, Reguilon)
Bowen, Saka, Son, Barkley (Madison)
Twatkins, Solanke, Morris

That leaves me enough to get in Palmer, Salah & Haaland in GW31 for Bowen, Madison & Solanke (who will be Toney by then). Then I will do Son to Foden soon after.

Might still change, maybe a Bournemouth defender comes in.
Yeah I'm thinking Salah and Palmer back in 30 and then Haaland in 31. And yeah still not sure about double Bournemouth defence. Might be prudent to just go with the GK and get a defender in who I'd want later in the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's been a string of this sort of nonsense this season.
Just over 4 weeks or so you have the Jota/Darwin combo,the Bournie defender going off injured 15mins into a guaranteed cleany pre equally appetising double, then Saka coming off at half time losing the potential of a mega haul. The least points haul double assist game ever.
Haaland triple captain fail. KDB and Estu..

Bloody Norma!

troylocker

No chip, but will take 2x-4 and will field something like this in 29:

Kaminski (Pickford)
Doughty, Reguilon, Emerson, Porro (Burn)
Son(c), Madison, Bowen, Barkley (Saka)
Toney, Watkins (Haaland)

Gawge

I'm looking at 7 (no hits) or 8 with a hit.

I could take a -8 but I'm not convinced there is value there, especially in defence. Below is my likely 7.

Martinez
Porro
Bowen Son Luiz
Watkins Toney

I don't see any likely clean sheets, so -4's have very little appeal to me in defence. If I do get another defender in then it has to be this week for a Luton player to get the two extra fixtures.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
With the Trippier injury, I am considering Doughty for Trip and Son for Gordon, even if Spurs are playing Villa away.

Son is usually fixture-proof and Villa's defence has been leaky. The only issue is Richarlison coming back early to take away the CF spot from Sonaldo.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Muniz captain shout is.. interesting.

Yeah he's been quietly going under the radar. Does he keep his place though when Jimenez is fit? He feels like sort of player that would be dropped after one bad game. Also no way I'd captain him in 29 over someone like Toney or Watkins as flaky as Spurs are.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Also Morris > Barkley all day every day if you're wildcarding surely. If I wanna go with 10 in 29 I'll keep Foden instead.
I'm ok will leaving Foden out now. I've talked myself into it.

Liverpool away, blank, Arsenal, Villa + FA Cup & UCL... I will go without him and bring him in for Son easily if I need after GW31.

Moby

Dick
I'm ok will leaving Foden out now. I've talked myself into it.
I saw that he had 9 shots in the last game which I thought was insane. Playing as a goalscorer right now pretty much.

Also interesting that he has more FPL points than Haaland right now.

Feels like this is set up for classic punishment when a lot bench or sell him.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'd rather keep Foden than Haaland at the moment. Palmer Saka Salah Son Foden midfield with Watkins Solanke Toney or Hojlund might be legit awesome.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I saw that he had 9 shots in the last game which I thought was insane. Playing as a goalscorer right now pretty much.

Also interesting that he has more FPL points than Haaland right now.

Feels like this is set up for classic punishment when a lot bench or sell him.
Previous trends would say this is exactly when Foden will be dropped for no reason :lol: