Books Fantasy Reads

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Well Finn seems to be a bit plot component, read Tarot before jumping in.

It's not mandatory, but you'll appreciate background better. I didn't read Book 3, and now wish I'd had pushed through it. Still it's not a deal breaker. This works well even if you haven't read it too.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well Finn seems to be a bit plot component, read Tarot before jumping in.

It's not mandatory, but you'll appreciate background better. I didn't read Book 3, and now wish I'd had pushed through it. Still it's not a deal breaker. This works well even if you haven't read it too.
book 3 was the best of a meh bunch.
I figured he was going to join them at some point. So now we have water, fire, light, and darkness with their avatars, right?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
book 3 was the best of a meh bunch.
I figured he was going to join them at some point. So now we have water, fire, light, and darkness with their avatars, right?
Well, not to SPOILER too much....he's the antagonist till now. I'm only 20% in so things are liable to change.

There's a brief paragraph about air avatar, but nothing much till now. RAFO.

I would have preferred to read Tarot 3, but hey, this works ok too.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I finally got around to starting these this week, I'm only up to around Chapter 6 but I'm hooked already and nothing much has happened yet - very promising. The footnotes are pretty humourous I'm making sure I read them all.
So I am almost done with this and I have gone from loving it to kinda despising it. If there is one thing in fantasy books I can't abide it is characters doing insanely stupid things to help the author advance a plot. It is lazy writing and destroys the character building they have done.
Mia leaving her notebook essentially unhidden b/c of a note, and then not even mentioning the note to Tric, when she knows the Red and Dyamo want the book is just next level bad writing.
. I am leaning towards putting this down and not picking it back up.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well, not to SPOILER too much....he's the antagonist till now. I'm only 20% in so things are liable to change.

There's a brief paragraph about air avatar, but nothing much till now. RAFO.

I would have preferred to read Tarot 3, but hey, this works ok too.
I think I mentioned it in a previous spoiler but
he was already the unwitting antagonist as he is the one who sent the brothers that attacked Jason.
I assume they will partner up at some point.