FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Mr. Robot

Lots of discussion about Spurs in here but nothing from Fighting Cock? Plus we already have a Spurs AND a Conte thread.

My head is spinning.

crossy1686

career ending
Some posts from over there, already preparing themselves for the return of the Messiah.

If he doesn't sign anything or commit before the World Cup, I wouldn't be surprised for Levy to go in another direction with a months break.
The extension clause is in Levy's hands not Conte's.

''Another direction'' will most likely be Poch, IMO.
We need Conte at the moment,
Like it or not, we were teetering on the edge of utter disaster before he came.
Despite a few bad results, we're still 3rd in the league with some quality players to come back.

If we let him go we're going to be shopping back in the D-bucket again and probably the few decent players we have will be considering their options.

Poch back is not an option IMO. I'm tired of this argument that his teams played better football. The best football we played was for about 2 years when all the usual suspects were not really competetive and we had a squad packed full of top players under 25. And we still fell short.
And after that the football got progressively worse until he got sacked.
If we got him back, are we gonna get rid of Kane, Son and a few others and trust a bunch of kids again?
We're at a different place than we were when Poch came. I don't think he has grown yet.
Levy isn't gonna sack Conte.

Levy and Conte know the situation, Conte has come out and said it himself. He said weeks ago that the team needed two more transfer windows.

Struggle to understand fans that are so quick to write someone off. If fans had their way they would sack a manager after every defeat.
We need a modern, progressive manager with new ideas. We've had to endure Mourinho and now Conte for too long. I don't include Nuno in that because he wasn't give much time to prove anything.

Man Utd:

- Same spot that they spent all last season (5th).
- Lower than they finished the season before that.

......We on the other hand are higher in the table atm than at any point last season.
Potter and ten Hag were blatantly obvious appointments for us at any point in the last two years. No longer available. Makes it pretty easy to just chill out and hope Conte turns our season around and we strengthen further in future transfer window. If he leaves I'll worry about that in the summer.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Does ten Hag = Ole? It's completely different, for several reasons.
It's situation in that you'd be buying a striker who's legs and stamina have gone and isn't suitable to a high pressing team. That's why Ten Hag has dropped Ronaldo and he won't want another striker who isn't going to put a shift in. I think he goes to Bayern anyway.

Mr. Robot

Fighting Cock is a total cesspit
Just had a look of the site. Holy mother of god, it’s people being really horrible to each other and basically saying what they want.

Is the place moderated?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just had a look of the site. Holy mother of god, it’s people being really horrible to each other and basically saying what they want.

Is the place moderated?
It is apparently though I see little evidence of it - as you say it's a horrific forum and I don't generally go anywhere near it.

Chief123

Lots of discussion about Spurs in here but nothing from Fighting Cock? Plus we already have a Spurs AND a Conte thread.

My head is spinning.
You should be grateful there isn’t much from the cocks in here.

SAFMUTD

He decided to do the same with Eriksen. Refused to sell him on the cheap with 12 months left. Then he ended up selling him in the Jan window at a cut price. Really interesting to see what happens if Kane refuses to extend.
Exactly if anything it shows Levy is as stubborn as a donkey. Also Kane being from their academy, their captain and probably biggest legend, I just dont see Levy selling to a PL rival for cheap. Maybe to another league.

mav_9me

Man Utd:

- Same spot that they spent all last season (5th).
- Lower than they finished the season before that.

......We on the other hand are higher in the table atm than at any point last season.
Exactly the wrong way to look at it.

Irrational.

We should be tapping up Kane all season long to try and get the price down. Imagine him in a ten Hag side trying to play actual football
100%.

Anyone turning their noses up at Kane need their heads checking. He would instantly change us into title challengers. Sadly, he fecked up by signing his life and career away to Levy.

Woodzy

Wonder if every pundit under the sun still thinks we should have got Conte in last winter. He's basically just a less likeable Jose Mourinho.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
100%.

Anyone turning their noses up at Kane need their heads checking. He would instantly change us into title challengers. Sadly, he fecked up by signing his life and career away to Levy.
Is a bit strange how he’s still at spurs. He should of gotten a move like 2 seasons ago. Think his price tag stopped it from Happening though. I like how he’s adapted his game a little bit at spurs and he comes deep now and makes some really good passes.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
100%.

I'm sure Ferguson would have been all over Kane a long time ago. Kane at 30 is better than most strikers out there

Wilt

Kane will be 30 by the start of next season, do you guys think he is still worth it despite that? My favored option is Ivan Toney tbh.
Utd paid £70m for Casemiro ….Kane is over a year younger

Spurs will have to sell if Kane doesn’t extend his contract, he’d be a great buy for Utd

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have no idea who glaston is or what he did to get banned and that still sounds horrifying :lol:
GlastonSpur said:
I'm content with how Spurs are progressing and what we achieved last season. If you're happy with United's progression, then great ... we're both happy.

But - oh dear! - some United fans are NOT happy at hearing that Dier will NOT be playing for them next season. They WANT WANT WANT, and stamp their feet and get all huffy because DADDY is not giving them what they WANT WANT WANT.

But DADDY can't give them what they WANT WANT WANT because - and contrary to what they've led to believe - DADDY has to deal with other daddies, some of whom couldn't give a stuffed parrot for what DADDY'S little children WANT WANT WANT.

So DADDY'S little children will have to wait until Xmas for their next batch of shiny new toys, even tho' they got tired of the last lot before the end of January had arrived and soon WANTED WANTED WANTED more.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I thought it was perfectly fine goal. Wilson had nowhere to go. They were both running and collided into each other.

If anything Lloris is to blame. Why is he trying to control the ball. He should be kicking it first time not trying to take it down. He got rightly punished.
No way that's a goal in my view, if that exact same scenario was in reverse against Lloris we'll be talking of a penalty and a certain red card. The referee and VAR got it absolutely wrong there.

Mr. Robot

That Gaston person posts over at Fighting Cock and speaks a lot of sense about Conte has to be said.

Saying that, he has a Poch avatar so he’s probably still in love with a manager who won nothing for them.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Casemiro has a much better injury record though.
The whole Kane is injury prone thing is way over blown. He had a couple of bad ankle injuries about three or four seasons ago and has hardly missed a game since. I think he has played over 40 games in a row.

Withnail

No way that's a goal in my view, if that exact same scenario was in reverse against Lloris we'll be talking of a penalty and a certain red card. The referee and VAR got it absolutely wrong there.
Perfectly good goal. Lloris clearly jumps to the deck of his own volition:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
That's why we need quotes to laugh at!
you asked for it
I'm feeling pretty optimistic about todays game, I think we'll only get spanked 3 or 4 nil
Lloris again with that pathetic floated pass that puts a team mate in trouble. He is just a thick cnut, I'm sorry but he is. A fecking bimbo.
Just shite - not sure I can listen to the Sky commentary team kissing Newcastle's arse for another 45 minutes
Just feck off from the board to the manager and the players
Spaghetti Legs Lloris strikes again
Can the World Cup just start now, please? This team is finished.
Seriously, If Poch, Jose or Conte can't get a tune out of these players, then perhaps it's time we just called it a day and disbanded the club altogether.
We needed to get Henderson in the summer...
Anyone know the last time a keeper got subbed at half time? Asking for a friend.
On the bright side, maybe we’ll go but some defenders in January.
No we won’t.
Market will be ‘too difficult’ post WC.
Half the goals we concede are down to stupid feck-ups
feck-ups are done when you are not good enough
Just when the goon arse drop points we do this.....
WE WIN 4-2,
Please give me the name of your drug supplier....
Baseball cap for Conte......

I mean why risk the syrup?
Let's sit back and maintain this 2-goal deficit.
Only Spurs can play with 3 defenders and still manage to park the bus
Worst part about losing is that we'll hear about Conte and Kane's contract for the next few weeks.
Poor old Skipp is losing his hair...The Conte affect.
feck off sess. Another shocking cross. Get perisic on to cross a ball
He's improving. His last cross attempt wasn't direct to the goalkeeper.
What a scandalously under invested mess of a squad we really have.
feck NFL. feck Guns 'n Roses, feck boxing, feck Golf courses and property investment.......
I want my feckING Football Club back
Someone tell Moura this is a champion’s league Semi-final.
Emerson Royal sounds like a ciggie brand.
20 Emerson royals please mate, ta!
Callum Wilson is this generation deeney. Ugly cnut
feck me being a Spurs fan is painful.
Could be worse could be a gooner , what would you rather have pain or being a cnut
Look at Man Utd’s business. Same goes for Woolwich, Man City and Chelsea. As always, we’re the only team in the top 6 who don’t improve their first team
UTD?
Their business has been absurd.
I agree, UTD spent the most and still are below us looll.
Improved their defence
Improves their midfield
Improved their attack
3 players (arguably 4 with the Dutch right back) who make their first team better .
But casemerio & Martinez would walk in to this team.
They would. Eriksen possibly could too.
conte ageing more as we speak
Is his hair turning grey!
Get Bergwijn on
Don't know why I found this funny.
Someone tell AVB to get some firepower on we're in need of Holtby.
“Perisic” sounds like “ Pair o’ tits”
Pope is the time wasting king the cnut
why the feck is almiron choking himself
This is so hopeless its like there was no summer window. Team hasnt improved one bit. Ggs
We cannot play out from tbe back. Absolutely shite at it.
Fixed that for you.
You'd think Spence would get some proper minutes during these games where they have nothing to lose but apparently not. Guy is decent on the ball and fast as feck which offers a point of difference in my eyes but obviously I'm not the manager for a reason
He openly said it was the clubs decision to get him not his. So he clearly doesn't rate Spence as much.
Has a keeper ever received two yellows for time wasting?
A referee would never be so brave
Voldemort is on to drive the final stake through Spurs’ hearts
Voldermort on his way Harry must be shitting it
Look at them showing off, switching strikers.
Ref mugging us off here now.....
If anything he’s sparing us more of this god awful Conteball shite.
Genuinely hope the Ref gets cracked in the jaw post game. You fecking vanilla cnut. You are wetter than our players mentality
Another season were at best we will fight at best for 4th
Spurs get the worst refereeing on the planet.
doesn't matter, spurs are still s**t
The Emporer Conte has no clothes on.
Just his wig
Shit another week of hearing gooners talk crap...................
Being a Spurs fan hurts...
Those cnut teams drop points and we fecking lose..same old story!
Gerrard is unemployed.....

Can't be any worse than our current midfield
Lost to a fecking PE teacher.
Ref was a total cnut and we need a better tactic
Ah feck this shit, feck the ref, feck Newcastle, feck the players, feck Conte and feck Levy.
We ditched Trippier and ended up with Royal, Doherty and Spence
BuT No ToP SiX SiDe haS lOsT aT hoMe.
Thanks for the cnut of a week, Tottenham. Just feck off.
Well that’s a reality check if there ever was one.
IS conte gone?
At this point, its ENIC and Levy that needs to go first.
Tough week.
We start again against Lisbon.
oh feck off with this 'we go again' bullshit
If things don’t improve , my prediction.. Conte walks in the summer and Poch comes back and stays for many years.
And we still win feck all
Rinse and repeat until we all die
How can Eddie Howe make relegation threatened Newcastle look a top 4 threat and play decent stuff after getting 1 player of note (Guimaraes) last January but Conte needs a few more years to get us to actually pass to one another? C'mon folks. time to wake up.
Howe is an excellent manager. I wanted him in after the nuno debacle.
Good win for the head choppers

stevoc

That Gaston person posts over at Fighting Cock and speaks a lot of sense about Conte has to be said.

Saying that, he has a Poch avatar so he’s probably still in love with a manager who won nothing for them.
You've just described every Spurs manager in the last 30 years, so he hasn't much choice to be fair.

No Idea For Nickname

COME HERE TO LAUGH AT UNITED thread

Brighton:
Arnautovic is a good player. He could really be the difference in their relegation battle.
Really hope ronaldo stays this season. He’ll bag some goals but that dressing room will stay poisonous.
Ten hag the biggest fraud since AVB. Imagine picking ten hag over Pochettino
Bigger fraud than AVB, Ten Hag failed our interview procedure. Twice
Imagine the outrage if we started 22/23 with Eriksen up front as false 9 now Ronaldo warming up... they're a broken club and Ten Haag authority will be undermined on day one
If you can get Conte, you get Conte. Not some fecking Dutch ice cream.

I am obviously delighted with conte, but when this adventure ends I would be delighted with Potter. I was part of the Potter In crowd … lost cucurella and Bissouma but the system and intelligence is so good they can go to OT and they’ve got the OLEs going after every pass on the hour…
I've been laughing harder since they got Ronaldo and it continues
Silly from Eriksen to take a step down in his career when he still has some left in the tank.
They’re a dumpster fire they really are
Absolute mess of a club
Man Utd for relegation?
:p
I know it's only one game, but maybe Utd fans are now realizing that Ten Hag isn't all that, winning the Dutch league with Ajax is like winning the Scottish league with Celtic, something Gordon Strachan could do.
Told you guys Martinez was shit.
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing City-Man Utd where Haaland tears them a new one and screams into the camera "That's for my dad's knee, you fecking cuuuunts!"
Maybe he can scream it in Roy Keane's face.
I still believe Keane should have gotten at least a 6 month ban for that challenge, especially after he admitted it was intentional.
They were trying to sign him a couple of years ago so it's going to hurt them even more now he's at City.
I think Haaland would rather have cut his own penis off with a rusty bread knife than play for Man Utd.
I pissed myself when their former hero Dennis Law sent them down with that back heel flick for Man City
Hell of a player though I had to admit
Are you in your 80's?
Erik Ten ( months )
Not weeks?
Oh good shout...
Did they design that website on Windows 95 and then never bothered to update it?
If you think RedCafe is bad, let me present to you RAWK...
They’ll end the season with Poch mark my words.
Ten Hag is their Nuno
Loads on RedCafe starting to turn on him already.

Look at what you could’ve had, boys!
Ten Hag looks like what happens when you order Pep Guardiola off Wish.com.
They’ll end the season with Poch mark my words.
Don't say that, it hurts enough seeing Eriksen wearing their shirt.
Brentford away then Liverpool home
We could see some serious panic buying
Their post-Fergie humiliation is never ending. It's f***ing ace.

I can't get enough of smirking at their "fans" as they walk by in their replica tops.
I have a new name for their new midfield. Frediot
No sure who woman was on sky yesterday but she had a great point about uniteds scouting system being in disarray compared to a club like Brighton who wouldn’t have the resources united have.
Christ adding Rabiot and arnautovic to an already nightmarish dressing room, they’re a mess
Plus Rabiot's mother, who is said to have sabotaged his move to Spurs with ridiculous demands. I guess United are in a state where they will give him whatever he asks for.
Did Sky actually buy Man Utd when we weren't looking?
On the front page of their Football section of their website, they have 16 main headlines, ELEVEN of them are related to Man Utd.
As I'm constantly told, most of Sky's subscribers are United and Liverpool fans apparently
Yeah they monetrize the feck out of arguably the biggest club in the world purely for clicks and engagement thus more revenue, always been the case.
Conte would have gone there and would have walked out in 6 months
No way he would have tolerated the kind of BS at that club and I don't think even he would have been able to stamp his mark on them like the way he has.
Some managers just work at certain clubs, he wouldn't have worked at that circus.
One benefit to United being crap this season is that their matches with Leeds should be a bit more balanced.
Good, old-fashioned rivalry that's been spoiled by the disparity between the two teams. Leeds look like they're moving in the right direction and United have come down a peg or two. Game on.
Someone explain something to me. The glazers bought United, but United's business is paying and servicing the debt. How did the glazers actually buy the club if the debt is being financed by the fecking club?
Is that what's called a leveraged buyout?
Its like buying a house with an interest only mortgage in the hope capital increases will pay it off and provide profit when sold.
The loan is in their name and the relevant documents of ownership are in their name. They just used United's assets to secure the loan.
I'm surprised they were allowed to get away with a stunt like that. The response from the United board should have been "If you can't come up with the money from your own finances, how can you possibly afford to do anything to improve the club? How dare you disrespect our club with this proposition? Get out!"
Glazers spend money they just have no long term goal or ideology. They should have brought in Poch and invested in new young talent and built an extremely fit attacking team. they have a history of buying old expensive has beens post ferdinand. Theres no long term project. They also have players that just arent top playrrs. Rashford for example. Bang average. fred. They remind me of Spurs 2008.
Glazers don't spend shit. United do. They're a money making machine. The Glazers are the definition of parasites, and long may it continue (I don't think it will).
Portrait of a club in crisis from an earlier era

The feud between Best and Charlton that shattered Manchester United
By the early 1970s the warring club legends were so divided that they were no longer speaking – nor passing – to one another
www.theguardian.com

How not to do things:

Charlton and Best - the manager O'Farrell just left them to it to sort their differences;
No we're not buying Shilton, Stepney plays golf with Sir Matt;
Crerand's past it - shit he's mates with Busby too;
Don't rate Morgan - oh FFS he plays golf with SMB too;
Charlton as club captain - hardly speaks to anyone;
Best is the greatest player we've ever had, let's not manage him;
Players want to see O'Farrell? Make an appt then

Blimey!!! How a team that won the title and European Cup in successive seasons manages to get relegated a few years later.
Just thinking - if you just looked at the years they didn't have Busby or SAF in charge, they really would be underwhelming
A Man Utd fan once ask me what the point of supporting spurs was. That’s the level of count we are dealing with. I hope they leave their fans in tears for decades.
I have a better experience with a Manchester United fan. He was my physio when I was hospitalised with a broken ankle and he helped me regain my mobility when I was terrified to put a foot on the floor after being confined to a hospital bed for two weeks.
He had the pleasure of telling me about their 3-0 win over us, Nuno's sacking and Conte's appointment and, although his joy was short-lived, I will always be grateful for his help.
a - They are totally shit.
b - It's brilliant.
c - I LOVE IT.
They value him at how much?!
£120m for Rashford!

So that makes...

Son = £450m
Kane = £450m
Kulusevski = £400m
Makes Winksy worth 100 million
I absolutely dread us having a punt at him
United fans value Rashford at about zero.
Yeh, I mean.... £60m(*)... What are they thinking????
(*There's no HG factor from a PSG perspective.)
My cynical view? They see Rashford as a perfect sports washing tool. He's got a reputation for altruism, sign him & use him for publicity.
On a sporting level maybe they're thinking United are a mess & the potential he showed a couple of seasons back (when he was getting double figures for goals) is still there.
Lot of dosh thou. Players like Rashford are 2-a-penny across Europe.
Got the decimal point in the wrong place , that’s all !
Brentford game next..

mctrials23

Perfectly good goal. Lloris clearly jumps to the deck of his own volition:
If you want to discount any foul where the player throws themselves in the air you would have few fouls.

Unfortunately, the way the game has been refereed for years has basically told players that you make the most of any contact and you throw yourself in the air to make it look more dramatic. If you don't, you wont get the decision. The penalty at the weekend is a prime example. McTominay has his arms around him, the other guy is stumbling and then just throws himself off his feet and makes it look 10x worse. Was it a penalty? Not sure. Did it look like a proper rugby tackle when he lofts himself into the air? Yep.

Mane used to stay on his feet far too much in the box and surprise surprise he got far fewer penalties as a result.

If that Lloris contact was anywhere else on the pitch it would be given 9/10. Its Spurs so my sympathy is lacking due to their absolute penchant for cheating horribly but that should have been a foul.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Imagine using @hobbers against ETH, he's whining when we're leading 3-0 :lol:

Withnail

If you want to discount any foul where the player throws themselves in the air you would have few fouls.

Unfortunately, the way the game has been refereed for years has basically told players that you make the most of any contact and you throw yourself in the air to make it look more dramatic. If you don't, you wont get the decision. The penalty at the weekend is a prime example. McTominay has his arms around him, the other guy is stumbling and then just throws himself off his feet and makes it look 10x worse. Was it a penalty? Not sure. Did it look like a proper rugby tackle when he lofts himself into the air? Yep.

Mane used to stay on his feet far too much in the box and surprise surprise he got far fewer penalties as a result.

If that Lloris contact was anywhere else on the pitch it would be given 9/10. Its Spurs so my sympathy is lacking due to their absolute penchant for cheating horribly but that should have been a foul.
It was a coming together, as far as I can see neither player had control of the ball and neither player actually fouled the other. You can see on the replay that there is a slight pause after the contact where Lloris realises he's not getting to the ball and throws himself down. It's not the usual exaggeration of contact.

For what reason do you think Lloris should have gotten the free? I also don't really understand the anywhere else on the pitch comment given goalies are a protected species.

No Idea For Nickname

Brentford game: Part 1
Brentford 2-0 up! Thanks, Chris.
How many losses before the players turn on Ten Hag.
Or has that ship already sailed?
They are so shit, it’s fecking brilliant
United are absolutely rotten from top to bottom. People will call out Sancho but he would thrive at plenty of other clubs. He joined an absolute circus.
Liverpool next lololololol
4-0 and it’s not even half time.
Christiana Ronaldo Lolol
End of me me me
"Sacked in the morning, he´s getting sacked in the morning"
On a serious note, i hope not.
There is no GIF adequate enough to portray how funny this is. I'm having to use words.
Super LOLol.
Hahahahahahahaha just clicked to look at the score, OMG WTF is happening there! Lovely stuff. :)
Can you imagine the state of TFC if we were 4-0 to Brentford and it wasn't even half time yet?
Can you imagine how stupid Eriksen feels at this precise moment.
I imagine he’ll be checking his contract tonight to see if he’s still in the cooling off period.
To be fair he's been no better than the rest of the dross he's playing with.
Do we want this game to get worse? Or end somewhat in respectable score
Much, much worse. Then double it.
Part of it is on the players for sure. But the manager has to take responsibility. He’s playing an attack-minded 4-3-3. That might have worked for Ajax in a pub league but when you’re United, a mid-table side with average players in the toughest league in the world, you’re just asking to get worked over.
Ronaldo, Rashford, Eriksen, Sancho and Fernandes in the same team.
With slabhead at centre back with Martinez, a player who has never played this standard of football before to accompany him.
Must be a career low point for Ronaldo
What a time to be alive

When do we play them? Knowing our luck they'll sack ten Hag and replace him the week before
All those years of United fans on football phone ins thinking they have some right to just sign any player from any team make this so beautiful.
Last week, most Utd fans were all "it's only 1 game, give him time."
Liverpool next for them, they'll be calling for his sacking soon enough.
Can’t believe we have to wait until October for our turn.
Although hopefully the emotional damage that we inflict on them and Slabhead might be enough for Southgate to finally see reason and select Dier
I reckon Ten Hag could be gone quicker than Nuno
Cheeky £20m bid for Sancho please. Maybe Conte can revive him like he did with Kulu.
Could do a job for us ... those stands don't sweep themselves.
Pochettino is sitting somewhere right now laughing his head off
Honestly Goldbridge in between the hilarity made a good point at half-time, Man Utd as a club need everything to be ripped out and restarted, from the board to the squad as it's completely rotten.
Signing new players isn't going to do anything for them.
The way I would put it is say you had to replace the drum in your old washing machine 6 times in a couple of years, how many times does it take before you just dump it and buy a new one?
Didn't want Ten Hag here at the time he was linked, it may be the players but he just doesn't fit the Prem in my opinion
Erik Ten Hag, P.E teacher of all P.E teachers

Makes AVB look like a tactical genius
Lazy lob sails over Ronaldo's head.

He stands there hands on hips, like Cantona, glaring at his teammates.

"I'm a footballer, get me the feck out of here!"
According to my online dictionary. "Hag" is Dutch for "Weeks"
Pundits saying Ten Haag needs years to fix them. I don't necessarily disagree that this is a many windows-long process, but not sure Ten Haag is the one to oversee that sort of transformation.

Really the most important thing they need is a top caliber DOF to lead that process. They don't necessarily need a Ten Haag or a Conte, they need a Paratici more than anything else.

EDIT: Also says a lot they didn't let Rangnick undertake that shift. He said they needed 10 new players so they didn't let him do the job he was actually qualified for.
Club should have hired Rangnick as DoF and given him actual power to buy and sell who he wants and get the manager he wants.

Glazers have no strategy, it’s all pie in the sky
Pundits saying there isn’t much ten Hag can do, he can not play Eriksen and fernandes in a flat midfield 3 for starters
Exactly, they have been despatched by a team that cost about as much as the 5ft 9 centre back they signed in the summer. The manager has had pre season with them, a full week to prepare for this game. What the feck have they been doing?
ETH was getting mass hype for the fact that he already joined United in May and had them all back in training earlier than every other club.
They have NOTHING to show for it.
They have square pegs for round holes and haven't fixed any of their deficiencies at all despite spending more millions. It's got to be the most disjointed team in the league.
Weak full backs, a useless center half and tiny one as their marquee singing, a keeper past his best. No creativity or solidity from their midfield two and trying to shoehorn effectively the same player twice into the team. No width and a 37 year old shadow that used to be in the top two players in the world. Individually these guys might turn it on in specific matches but on the whole there's no cohesion.
They certainly aren't buying into ETH's ideas, or can't.
Conte would have fixed them. Even discounting signings they'd have made under Conte (they might have brought back Lukaku for example) he'd have them drilled.

De gea
Wan Bisakka, Varane, Maguire
Dalot, Fred, Matic (Conte would've kept) Shaw
Rashford, Ronaldo, Sancho
Probably would have got a tune out of Pogba, kept him. Signed Perisic, maybe Lukaku.
Conte would have got them top 4 imo.
It's such a shame hahaha
Really the most important thing they need is a top caliber DOF to lead that process. They don't necessarily need a Ten Haag or a Conte, they need a Paratici more than anything else.
You shouldn't be writing things like that on the internet.
Their board are big enough idiots to actually be googling suggestions for sollutions to their billion pound feck ups.
No Utd manager has lost his first 2 games in over 100 years!
saw their game last week and my impression was the players don’t like their manager, want him swapped for someone they believe in. He’ll be gone in quick time and i expect they’ll get poch in.
just posted on Other matches thread
Goals from Red Cafe
I wasn't watching the game.
4 terrible goals to concede
that 3rd - that was the midget being barged out of it on the line? Jeez, who bought him.
I said this before, but what odds that ETH walks within 5 games.......?
If he does it now; the wider football world would see it for what it is.... Stick around and rot with them for a year and he'll be damaged goods.
Dont think any manager would get a tune out of utd. 80 per cent of that squad need shifting. It's been decaying since Ferguson left
I am not sure this squad would have the balls for a relegation battle.
Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville having a great barney after the game..
And of course Neville turned it round to Levy and Spurs
Because he knows as of today we are a better club than them and it burns him deeply.
Redknapp to Neville: "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"
Me: "I can't Jamie.... If i did that I'd end up slapping you."
I agree but this time he is right.. All Neville wants to do is blame the owners but it's the players that need to look at themselves.
For me, it's both.
The Glazers are vampires sucking money out of the club, and making dumb appointments.
The players, as their failure to win second balls and the running stats showed, don't give a flying feck.
Conte would have sorted them, and chucked out half the squad.
But thankfully he's in charge of the famous Spurs.
The whole thing's fecked......
New Chairman > Ole sacked > Ragnick brought in to assess the rebuild from the front line > Ragnick fired so this new DOF joker (who got caught in a tiktok scam!) can do the rebuild > Rebuild = Eriksen & Martinez
Owner - cnuts
Upper management - The clown-show continues
Players - 90% rubbish or toxic.
ETH - Might not be 'the guy' but he's just the latest to be thrown to the wolves.
Haha the post match meltdown is awesome.
Neville now making out Levy is the best owner ever
Redknapp rightly calling out the fact Neville didn’t want Conte
Well Ten Hag then, Levy rejected him twice well done Daniel
Totally screws up their tw, it’s wasn’t attractive before, now it’s toxic. That’s them fecked. Even if they get poch in this season is gone.
Ten Hag throwing his players under the bus. He's not wrong to a very large degree, but the bus has only just left the garage.
Ten Haag’s interview he looks completely out his depth
Damn, if that's how Ten Hag is like in the dressing room, a bowl of liquid shit would be more inspiring.
Will ten Hag last as long in the Premier League as his fellow countryman Frank de Boer ?
Ten Hag has to do a Poch and drop all the toxic players at United if he wants to keep his job.
Poch start wasn't as bad as this but when it did look like it might be going wrong he dropped Kaboul etc and brought in the younger players Kane etc.
Not sure if because it's "United" he will be allowed to do that.
Bet they have loads of toxic "pwopa football man, innit" sort of c*nts behind the sidelines, "advising" the owners.
No manager bigger than the club and all that sort of shit going on
Ronaldo and Bruno etc ain't the players you want in you're team when things ain't going right or starting over as well.
They are a right mess from the owner to the players

Part of the problem is Ferguson hasn't left.
Fergie has 0 say in proceedings though, he's an honorary board member
"Then in August, he intervened in Ronaldo’s prospective move to Manchester City. His involvement has been reported before but The Athletic can reveal he called Joel Glazer directly to argue for United hijacking the transfer. Sources say Ferguson seldom rings United’s principal owner, but he found it unconscionable Ronaldo might cross the Manchester divide so broke the emergency glass"
You'd think they'd bin his advice off. He handpicked Moyes as his successor, and then was instrumental in getting the toxic twat in?
Not laughing too hard though, that was our lot at some stage during all of Nuno, Mourinho, the end of Poch, most of Sherwood and the end of AVB.
We had our fair share of periods of millionaire footballers just not giving a shit.
True we have had a load of duds however United and the Glazers started from a position of being Real Madrid able to get any manager or player in the world and they have been so shit for so long they are now Everton.
They're not THAT good.
Dont think any manager would get a tune out of utd. 80 per cent of that squad need shifting. It's been decaying since Ferguson left
The decay was started by Ferguson. He left his successor with an ageing squad running on fumes. Since then, the club's been run by a board who must spend an hour in every meeting just saying "we're Man Utd, the biggest club in the World" with a chorus of harrumphs as each says it in turn.
Nice to hear someone like Neville say Old Trafford is a shithole
Was giving Sancho a lot of leeway because first season in England/struggling team and all that but he's headed towards the 'worst big money signings' list if he keeps this up all season. His trademark atm is a couple of stepovers before passing it backwards. Never takes his man on.
Neville: "Jamie, I've heard you criticise Daniel Levy, at tottenham, when they failed over a long period of time... because, to be fair, they've had failure over 20-30 years...thats a fact..."

Jamie: "But, he's got it right, because he's done what you should have done and got in Antonio Conte as manager."
I feel bad for Poch that his stock has fallen so much he's being linked with a club like Man Utd
I'm going to say it....I enjoyed watching Eriksen up to his neck in it...I feel zero sympathy for himlol. He was rated 3.3 out of 10!!! Oh and I recall telling a few posters that I'd not once been impressed by Martinez. This is fantastic a ll round.
The thing is, Ten Hag is not even the issue there. We can make fun of him all we want, but their squad is just utter shit. Their best player is Bruno Fernandes, and he's just a shit Giovanni Lo Celso.
ETH might be a yes man, he might not be. The issue is he’s a stubborn manager. In two games he has played Eriksen as a false nine and then a deep lying midfielder. Has has played a midget at CB. He has tried playing out of the back with players who can’t pass. He has put in a new method of the CB taking a GK and passing it back to the keeper to instantly put them under pressure.
He’s not a good manager. He was saved by the Ajax system of recruitment and always having the best players in his league.
The ship has sunk. Finally. Absolutely joyous.
Bunch of horrible cnuts
They've still won more than us over recent years. We need to win something before laughing at United.
That trophy 4 years ago ain’t doing shit for them now. I hate this attitude of “they won 5 years ago so they are better off than us.” We are in the CL, have a legit chance at a trophy and are fun to watch. They are embarrassing themselves weekly.
I’m not sure any of these powder puff managers can fix the rot at Utd. I’d like to see Roy Keane given the job. They’d never do it, but it’d make good telly….
He would crumble. He is a lot of things but he ain't a magician.
One thing that may feck United is their players are on huge wages, hard to shift deadwood that is getting paid a lot, just think about Ndombele X11.
They have signed crap for huge money, unless all those players are happy to leave and take a giant paycut they are stuck with them.
Someone should tell Ten Haag that this isn’t the Dutch league.

Blame their owners all you want but signing a 5’8 centre back to play in a back four in the premier league is madness.
But this shows how fecked United are. If they have a decent DoF (Rangnick, Campos etc) and a scouting network they would be able to identify players who can fit Ten Hag’s system but also be suitable for the Prem. It shouldn’t really be the job of the manager to buy and sell players.
I mean even Klopp wanted a player from the German league for his scouts to tell him to get Salah instead. Until United have a DoF, scouts and a manager all in sync with a clear vision they will amble from one feck up to the next.
Modern football requires not just elite managers but elite DoF’s, scouts, medical teams etc and United just look like they are stuck in the 90’s. United got so accustomed to Fergie being good at everything than when he left rather than accept a new modern set-up they seem to want to find a new Fergie which ain’t gonna happen.
Its a shame we are not playing this rabble for a couple of months. Son/Kane could win the golden boot in one game

Wait what?
Surely that cannot be true. No club can actually be run that way.
I think we are all pretty sure it's in Kanes looll
I was going to say. There's been plenty of talk about Kane having a clause in his deal that says that if he is healthy he starts or something like that.
Leaks about arguments coming out the club already haha this club is finished.
It's great fun watching their destruction.
AdamCrafton:
Spoken to good number of sport scientists & coaches last 24 hours who have big experience at top level. They have unanimously been stunned at what Ten Hag asked United’s players do yesterday with 13km runs the morning after match played in 34+ degrees.
Brutal but at some point it was going to happen. That dressing room is a vipers nest, they need a tyrant.

Hopefully Eriksen was not part of it.
I can just imagine how well Ronaldo took that
I mean, in all fairness, when I heard about him making them run that much the day after a match, I was quite surprised. Normally they day after a match is all about recovery - when you stress already very tired bodies, that's how you get injuries. Struck me as a very dumb move by ETH. Sure, cancel their off day and make them come in and so something, but running that much after a match is questionable IMO.
Only on the basis that they have actually bothered to do any running during the match...
Laurie Whitwell:
Ten Hag mind changing on Ronaldo, who has eaten lunch alone in canteen rather than with team-mates + flapped his arms at pressing drills in training. Ronaldo ultimately wants out, this not the club/structure he signed up for. But no offers yet.
Yikes...
Bad situation brewing with Ronaldo, but nobody else wants him. Ticking time bomb over there, what a shame..
Shame the players don’t round on him and give the preening ponce a beating
Hmm it's almost as if we all said Ronaldo was a massive problem whilst certain people were twerking for him and saying Chelsea should sign him...
No idea what sort of wages he is on but it will be like us with Tanguy. Nobody will want him on those wages and with that attitude. If Ten Hairs stands any chance at all he needs to get rid of him asap. If news comes out that ETH has had a change of heart and sees him as an integral part of the team then Rapenaldo has won.
Has he got another year or two years? If it’s one, just pay him off
480k a week apparently. He aint going anywhere for a while unless Manure are paying his wages. I think he has one more year left.
So pay him 24m to stay and stink the place out, or pay him to go now…. Why would you want him? Debilitative player and person
Also that no top club even wants him.
No club wants him
At this stage you gotta get rid for the long term benefits for the team.
It’s short term and long term. People bang on about his 18 pl goals last season but he offered very little to the team and you’ve gotta be banging 25+ to stand about doing f all and not grafting
Those goals would have spread around the team and they would have been better off with someone else up top (possibly not Rashford)
I think 6 of those came in two games, one against us...
He scored four against us