FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Brentford game: Part 2

Gary Neville reckons just two of the 33 signings have been a success
Shaw yellow? Awful player, one decent season
I wouldn’t have Fernandes green either
Scores the odd goal but his passing and dribbling isn’t good enough, ask yourself if he’d get into any of the other top 6 sides? Maybe the goons at a push
Bit surprised by some of the red ones. I thought Mikitaryian did well until he was forced to Woolwich. Lukaka did OK, scored 1 in 3.
Is Wan Bissaka a failure? Loads here wanted him.
Wan bissaka is a huge failure, loads wanted him and we're told he offers nothing going forwards and it's proved true (bad at defending now too) 50m
I think that list is pretty generous if you ask me. I suppose it just shows how badly levels have slipped there.
That list is a bit all over the place.
- Bruno Fernandes is not green for one. He was decent in the first season when they were getting awarded ludicrous penalties, but since then he's been utter shite, worse than Lo Celso.
- Harry Maguire is definitely not amber, he's Ferrari Red considering the price they paid for him. An utter liability.
- Cavani is not amber, he's green. He was good whenever he played and according to the media was also a good mentor for the younger strikers on the pitch.
- You could make an argument that Martial is amber, since he was good when he arrived and he also played very well under the first season of Solskjaer.
- Daniel James is green. They fecking made a profit on him.
Looking at all those transfers makes a mockery that the Glazer's don't invest. They just bought the wrong players. There's got to be well over a billion quid there.
They don’t invest, United is self funded, that is how big they are, they just spend on shit because the guys at the top don’t have a clue about football.
All the Glazers have done is buy the club with debt loaded onto the club and take dividends. United unlike Chelsea or City don’t need a sugar daddy they need a competent DoF with power to totally overhaul everything.
Is there a crapper owner than the Glazers? From where United where to where they are now hard to think of one.
All those Man Utd fans crying that the Glaziers aren't spending money don't deserve to have the REAL problems resolved.
A piece of good news for Man Utd fans, the club currently in bottom place of PL table,
They are only 2 points behind Liverpool :D :D
They play each other next so Man Utd could overtake them
Alyson Rudd
"He makes Ralf Rangnick look like the most dynamic personality you'll ever meet at a discoteque" - on Erik ten Hag making the biggest mistake of his career
He failed his interview here, yet we were mocked (by our own in some cases!) for heeding the very things described in this clip.
Yeah wasn't charismatic enough or something.
No matter how good you are in this country especially you need to be a passion merchant, it just translates across much better to English fans and the media, if you're not jumping up and down on the touchline and trying to gee your players on then you're seen as weak and aloof.
All the other managers in the top 6 have that in them (Even Arteta now) Ten Haag just sits there and watches the match go by, it just doesn't translate very well so the media are always going to pick on him because it looks like he's out of his depth.
It’s stupid IMO. Only thing that matters is that he can inspire his players.
No one will care if he’s jumping up and down on the touchline if he is winning games.
This lack of passion people think they see is just an excuse for people that lack critical thinking.
The media try to make it out like giving short answers in interviews is a bad thing because it affects THEM. But they are just selfish cnuts and can feck of. Now they are trying to sway public opinion to force managers give longer answers.
From what she says he’s like in press conferences probably gives a pretty fair indication why he failed his interview with us.
It’s amazing that before appointing him they didn’t think, wait a minute, he didn’t get the Tottenham job and Nuno did. We thought Nuno was more charismatic than ETH. That should have rung alarm bells.
Looking at things from a less cynical angle; it's hardly inspiring for the players is it?
Ten Hag is their Nuno. They sound exactly the same, personality wise
Ten Hag managed to motivate his Ajax players pretty well. He’s coached at a top class level so he’s unlikely to be a complete dud. The Manchester United players have a history of being uninspired by several managers. Hmmm
Please God, let Elon Musk buy Man Utd!
Samuel Luckhurst
Dressing room sources say some #mufc players feel Erik ten Hag's approach does not suit their skill set and they would favour a more pragmatic approach against Liverpool
Translation of ‘’Pragmatic’’: sit back deep in a low block so we don’t have to do as much running.
Dyche_IN.
Na got to be the big guns: Big Sam
Well, the players are correct.
Only an idiot would try to play Ajax possession football with the likes of McTominay, Fred, Maguire etc. Sancho & Rashford have regressed so far they look scared of the ball. Ronaldo is now a goal hanger who wants out, poisoning team morale. Personally, I hope manure pay crazy money for a couple of players ETH desperately wants, and then sack him before Xmas. Necessitating another rebuild, with the type of players the new coach wants, and ETH's deadwood on ridiculous salaries & long term contracts crippling their ability to rebuild.
Skill set ? Yeh ok!
They lose two games and all of a sudden they are on the verge of being sold?
Jesus wept their fans are easiest clickbait morons going.
Still. You gotta laugh.
I fecking hate united. I wish them several more years of misery.
Entitled cnuts
Varane, Ronaldo, Casemiro
And Maguire is expected to captain them :roflmao:
Casemiero is a cnut. Throws himself on the ground as much as Suarez.
30 year old coming only for the money. Top deal
60M+ And high wages for a 30 year old whos used to playing in a comfortable RM team. typical of Utds recruitment past 8 years. They actually might get relegated this season.
Klopp on Agbonlahor
You know that things are weird when the manager of Liverpool feels that he has to speak up on the behalf of Manchester United.
That's how you know Utd are in the gutter, their rivals are taking pity on them.
Klopp is a bellend obviously but he is right to call out that fecking moron Agbonlahor. He won't be pitying Man Utd on Monday though will he.
"ETH....we want you to stay"
Just did a cheeky bet on them to get relegated.
The fact their odds are only 25/1 says it all.
Hate to break it to you but the odds at the start of the season would have been something like 200/1.
Also, seems like they are signing casemiro so that won’t help.
No Ronnie or Maguire tonight apparently
a lot of hype for 19th v 15th

Liverpool next
Funny, first 2 games are around 40 pages, from Liverpool on, 8 pages, wonder why? Now, I need a break, these are funny, hindsight, heh..

No Idea For Nickname

Liverpool game
So how does this work? If the owners lost them the first two games did the Glazers win them this one?
Do the dippers now protest FSG? Do the dipper faithful now follow manure?
I mean, they have 2 points out of a possible 9. I’m genuinely surprised there haven’t been protests already knowing the fickle nature of Liverpool supporters.
Rashford has one good game in fifty and all of a sudden HE'S AMAZING AGAIN!
Meanwhile, in other news, Captain Fernandes flies of into the cuntosphere, where he now exists on a permanent basis.
Maguire captain of worst start for Man Utd in decades. Pilloried by his own fans as well as others.
Dropped for their first big game, which the team then wins. Wan Bissaka and Ronaldo also dropped but come on end of game. Maguire stays on bench. Varane and Martinez have great games.
Wonder if there’s a way back. Would love to see him at Chavs.
Question. Is this Anthony anywhere as good as his transfer valuation?
So in other words is he much better than a Sancho, Kulusevski, Barnes, and whoever else?
Not seen him and obviously United bound but is he that 75 million pound game-changer?
Lucky 2-1 against liverpool, they can't repeat the high energy as first half in every PL game. Not top 4 side for sure.
Don't see it happening but Rashford coming good again would be great for England. Plays a bit like a budget version of Son with his runs in behind down the left and ability 1on1. Think it was just a one off though, caused by Liverpool's disjointed setup.
Don't see it happening but Rashford coming good again would be great for England. Plays a bit like a budget version of Son with his runs in behind down the left and ability 1on1. Think it was just a one off though, caused by Liverpool's disjointed setup.
Rashford is nowhere near Son. Son's biggest strength comes from the fact that he's lethal. Rashford needs 10 chances to score one. He's comparable to Werner, not Son.
I did say a budget version of Son.
I'd say they are very comparable stylistically. Rashford in his best season scored 17 and assisted 7 in the league by playing on that left hand side as a forward.
It's feast or famine at that club.
Now Ten Hag is the new Fcuking Messiah and for this week, the absolute fcuking pr!ck that is Gary Neville has nothing much to criticise the Glazers.
I also love the simplicity in which Ten Hag says the result shows attitude and whatever. If only.
I said they were probably likely to get something from Liverpool. Raise their game, infront of their home fans under the lights and they did.
It's how they react to that now. Away at Southampton in a lunch time kick off next. Recipe for a disaster.
So, from what I can gather having listened to various Radio reports and shows today, social media posts and other outlets, the rest of us may as well just pack up as UTD and Woolwich are both winning the league..
Well I thought they were headed to a 10th place or worse finish this season, but after yesterday I think they'll unfortunately straighten themselves out. The biggest factor I think is that Ten Hag all of a sudden seems very willing to simply bench Ronaldo.
See Simon Jordan has got stuck into ETH. Agree with this , out of depth and dresses like a peasant in ill fitting suits. The state of that shoes and suit combo (sockless too?)
And what was with his head looking bulbous too?
Signing Antony for upwards of 80m is quite frankly embarrassing and hilarious.
Honestly this whole situation has really shown how entitled Man Utd fans are IMO.
They always deny it when you say it to them, but they clearly have this idea in their heads that they have a divine right to trophies and should always be at the top of the table.
Cristiano Ronaldo was ‘brutally axed’ by Erik ten Hag in front of the whole Manchester United squad during a two-hour summit meeting last Thursday. [@ncustisTheSun]
TBF Ten Hag is doing the right things.
He had to do something like that to get authority of the squad, bit surprised he hasn't started VDB seeing he knows how he wants to play.
I hope that Man Utd enjoy their trip to the part of Moldova that wants to become part of Russia and is pro Putin - might of course be moved to another part of Moldova.

And .a nice holiday vibe in going to Cyprus and also to Spain. Good for the airmiles too !
Southampton game
This is the headline on the BBC website for the Man Utd match today.
fecking hell, they may as well have put "YAY! Man Utd won again!".
If it was us, it would have been something like "Spurs scrape past Southampton in tight affair".
85 million pounds for Antony, 75 million for Sancho, only last season..

Astonishing.
Ludicrous. No footballer is worth that much money ultimately, but Anthony certainly isn't. United have had their pants pulled down here.
£55 million on Martinez and now another £85 million on Antony. Surely you could buy Ajax for around £140 million. You’d have the lot then and not just two of their players.
They spent 80 mil on Maguire. They are used to bending over and grabbing their ankles
Honestly these cnuts are the absolute worst
0-0-2 - SELL THE CLUB!
2-0-2 - Title challenge incoming!
They’ve spent over 200m and are still bitching for more transfers like they are entitled to get every new shiny toy the second it comes out.
I’m sure they have a few decent fans but just a terrible terrible fan base as a WHOLE.
Leicester game
eeeerr, very quite over there, anyway,
pre Arsenal game
Just watched a ten hag interview on SSN. He’s so uninspiring and dull. Not helped by his short sentence English.
They better bloody turn up today. No weak arse efforts to hand the game to Woolwich please!
post Arsenal game
It’s good that they won today. One of the rare few days you’d be cheering for them. This lot are insufferable too though. They’re seemingly going to win the league now as well.
Glad they won and they didn't look particularly good for large parts of the game. Four straight wins on the bounce but I don't think their form is particularly sustainable playing the way they are. Of course, putting Casemiro in the line up would help them massively, so we're yet to see how they do with him starting.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they even dropped points away at Palace at the weekend.
They look average, but I've been more impressed by them than Woolwich this season. They look like they can grind out results, compared to Woolwich who have a shit mentality and can lose 3 in a row.
This lot are still shite. Narrow wins over Southampton (who we battered) and Leicester (who are getting battered by everyone), Liverpool are out of sorts and the gooners are the gooners. They are utterly unconvincing and their fans know it.
I honestly doubt we will have many better chances to win the league than this season. The only clubs that have their shit together are man city and us, and city can be got at.
First the media were creaming themselves over Woolwich and now they are creaming themselves over United.
There’s a lot of people who grew up in the Utd-Woolwich era who lent their plastic support to those teams and are now in positions to focus the media on them, regardless of changes.
The primary reason Micah Richards is everywhere joining Neville, Keane and Carragher is because he played at City who are now winners. We probably have a future of listening to Milner/Henderson/Walker/Stones once they all retire.
Only by winning the PL and CL more than once each will we get to break the stranglehold.
Not sure who from Spurs would be a good pundit. Hjobjerg, Lloris maybe. Kane…isn’t really a tv personality tbh
Real Sociedad game
No surprise today. Yet to see a good performance from them besides Liverpool at home. Title contender because of 4 straight wins
Nice to see United are still shit.
If last night wasn't evidence that they need to get rid of Maguire, Fred & Ronaldo ASAP I dunno what is.
If they can beat Woolwich by playing on the break despite still being shit, I’m not as worried about the NLD
Number of players improved their performances when they changed positions. Maguire is one of them, from defence to bench.
City game
Lots of criticism of Ten Hag over at Sad Cafe.
My oh my, everyday hurts for that lot*

*you need to be of a certain vintage to even bother with this.
Eriksen marking Haaland in the box..... What could possibly go wrong!
His MF selections do seem very naive..... Bruno/Eriksen/McTom away to City whilst Casemiro & Fred sit on the bench.
They really aren’t very good. Conference league at the end of the season I think.
Agree they are the worst of the big 6, but I don’t see any other team being consistent enough to pass them. Brighton or Newcastle maybe but it’s a stretch.
Pierce Morgan: Imagine benching @Cristiano for Utd’s biggest game of the season, then using 5 other subs as they’re hammered into oblivion, & then claiming you did it ‘out of respect’ for him? Ten Hag is an arrogant deluded twerp & the way he’s treating Ronaldo is disgraceful.
Piers Morgan simping hard for Ronaldo.....
Piers; he's not gonna feck you.
Weird ain't it?
Ronaldo is a hindrance. He'd have done sweet feck all today.
You can just see Maguire as the wallflower at the prom though, sitting alone at the table...
Eating cake...
"I'm sad because I eat, and I eat because I'm sad..."
At least we aren’t Manchester United.
Watching Ronaldo's non goal where he took it off the keeper and scored reminded me when Nani scored that goal where Robinson put the ball on the floor and he tapped it into an empty net and it stood.
You can tell how far Utd have fallen off these days and how influential Fergie was because that Ronaldo goal stands if they were still as powerful as they were back in the day.
Reading through redcafe, its so bizarre seeing people who support other teams with loads of posts on there.
Saw one guy on there whos a liverpool fan whos been on there for 20 years, like what the actual feck.
Ten Hag showing why he was the right choice over Pochettino.
Strength of mind.
On Ronaldo he has won. Didn't play him against us despite his incredible record when he plays against the soft southerners and now dropped apparently.
United players now know who dictates the rules and they know they can win games without the Prima Donna.
Lesson in how to deal effectively with rot.
The only reason he didn't play against us was cos he refused to be subbed on; not cos ETH refused to play him.
"Now dropped apparently"
.....What absolute fluff. The cnut refused to play.
100% agree with this, the Keane’s and Neville’s are living in the 90’s. They are like blokes talking about the old days. United looks a different beast under Ten Hag and he has only been there a short time but they want 38 year old Ronaldo on the pitch.
The end... for now

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Liverpool game

Southampton game

Leicester game
eeeerr, very quite over there, anyway,
pre Arsenal game

post Arsenal game

Real Sociedad
game
City game

The end... for now
Can't wait for the tots game itself, good work.

croadyman

Utd paid £70m for Casemiro ….Kane is over a year younger

Spurs will have to sell if Kane doesn’t extend his contract, he’d be a great buy for Utd
Yeah could be like when we got Teddy at 31,however don't think they sell to us for a third time under Levy.

mctrials23

It was a coming together, as far as I can see neither player had control of the ball and neither player actually fouled the other. You can see on the replay that there is a slight pause after the contact where Lloris realises he's not getting to the ball and throws himself down. It's not the usual exaggeration of contact.

For what reason do you think Lloris should have gotten the free? I also don't really understand the anywhere else on the pitch comment given goalies are a protected species.
The simple rule for a lot of fouls is "who got the ball". Two players go for the ball and one is 1/10th of a second later than the other and he doesn't get the ball and he gets a yellow for contacting the other player instead of the ball. An attacker in the box absolutely boots it into the 20th row but is taken out a split second later, its a penalty.

Its not about having control of the ball. Its about who gets there first and then it becomes the job of the other player to avoid contact. This isn't an absolute rule but its how a lot of fouls play out.

Yes in the replay you can see that Lloris throws himself into the air to make the most of it. Which again is what players do because they simply will not get a foul 9/10 otherwise. Its a learned behaviour because referees don't give many fouls unless someone goes to ground.

As you say, keepers are a protected species normally. Until they aren't. Lloris got the ball and was then ran into. If he didn't go down he wouldn't have got anything and would have conceded a goal. As it was, he went down and didn't get the foul and conceded a goal. If he wasn't ran into he would probably have been been able stop the goal or make it harder. If he stayed on his feet he probably wouldn't have been able to regain his balance and stop it.

Its a hard one but I think it was still a foul. Certainly up for debate though.

romufc

Its really interesting to see how Spurs fans were in our opening fixtures. They have Conte and call Ten Hag uninspiring... Their manager is parking the bus every game. They deserve all the crap that they are about to get.

crossy1686

career ending
Its really interesting to see how Spurs fans were in our opening fixtures. They have Conte and call Ten Hag uninspiring... Their manager is parking the bus every game. They deserve all the crap that they are about to get.
Stockholm syndrome is rife at most clubs

SinNombre

Stockholm syndrome is rife at most clubs
It is the most at clubs like Spuds and Arsenal.

If we suck, I don't even know what words to describe those 2 clubs but somehow their fans celebrate a 4th or 5th place as evidence of them being part of the elite. Bizarre.

Mr. Robot

It is the most at clubs like Spuds and Arsenal.

If we suck, I don't even know what words to describe those 2 clubs but somehow their fans celebrate a 4th or 5th place as evidence of them being part of the elite. Bizarre.
Agree. What I detest most about modern football fans of all clubs is the obsession with "Top 4". It's not a trophy, it's not exciting, it's not a springboard to better things (see: Man Utd under Ole, Spurs under Poch etc).

Rockets Redglare

They also appear fixated on Ten Hag’s appearance when their manager has the most ludicrous wig you’ll ever see.

Bald as a coot as a player and now he looks like Homer after he’s been at the dimoxinil.

Chief123

No way that's a goal in my view, if that exact same scenario was in reverse against Lloris we'll be talking of a penalty and a certain red card. The referee and VAR got it absolutely wrong there.
But what did Wilson do wrong? He was running for the ball. He can’t just suddenly move out of the way. They were both going for the ball without directly looking at each other. It’s just a coming together.

Chief123

Brentford game: Part 1

... ...

AdamCrafton:

Laurie Whitwell:
You need a trophy for your service to this forum. That was a joy to read! :lol:

Especially seeing them getting giddy after our first 2 games calling ETH a flop and how glad they are they have Conte. Now they all have their head in their hands wanting Conte gone!:lol:

This has to be the best one after the Brentford game …

Can’t believe we have to wait until October for our turn.
Although hopefully the emotional damage that we inflict on them and Slabhead might be enough for Southgate to finally see reason and select Dier
Dier :lol:

romufc

Agree. What I detest most about modern football fans of all clubs is the obsession with "Top 4". It's not a trophy, it's not exciting, it's not a springboard to better things (see: Man Utd under Ole, Spurs under Poch etc).
Agreed. I said it to one of my mates, what is the point of being in the top 4 and CL then knowing you cant win it? Getting knocked out in the R16. What is the point?

I rather see my team play good football and build and then challenge to win it rather than be a number in the comp.

Joel Miller

They also appear fixated on Ten Hag’s appearance when their manager has the most ludicrous wig you’ll ever see.

Bald as a coot as a player and now he looks like Homer after he’s been at the dimoxinil.
Is it actually a wig? I thought he’d had a hair transplant

Chief123

Can't wait for the tots game itself, good work.
There really is nothing to look forward to. @No Idea For Nickname was right. They’ve been as quiet as a mouse! They had 400 pages after the first 2 defeats. Only 13 more since then. Not a squeak after they got pumped! (Except their match thread).

To be fair they are in mourning at their current state.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There really is nothing to look forward to. @No Idea For Nickname was right. They’ve been as quiet as a mouse! They had 400 pages after the first 2 defeats. Only 13 more since then. Not a squeak after they got pumped! (Except their match thread).

To be fair they are in mourning at their current state.
:(
That's a shame, would me self a good meltdown.

No Idea For Nickname

Whats up with Spurs fan calling Arsenal Woolwich?
Why are Arsenal called Woolwich?

The club was founded in 1886 and took the name Royal Arsenal after its first game, combining the moniker of the Royal Oak pub, where the team members met, with that of their workplace, the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich.

Kaos

Whats up with Spurs fan calling Arsenal Woolwich?
Arsenal used to be a South London club in the district of Woolwich, hence Woolwich Arsenal, they then relocated to North London. Spurs fans continuously mock this and their status of being a North London club.

Real Name

Arsenal used to be a South London club in the district of Woolwich, hence Woolwich Arsenal, they then relocated to North London. Spurs fans continuously mock this and their status of being a North London club.
Aaah didnt know that, cheeky.

Why are Arsenal called Woolwich?

The club was founded in 1886 and took the name Royal Arsenal after its first game, combining the moniker of the Royal Oak pub, where the team members met, with that of their workplace, the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich.
Was to lazy to look that up. :D

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
To be fair to Tony O’Conte he needs investment.

he can’t do it all on his own, despite being a ‘proven winner’

:rolleyes:

Chief123

To be fair to Tony O’Conte he needs investment.

he can’t do it all on his own, despite being a ‘proven winner’

:rolleyes:
They've just spent £153m in the summer on a team that was already good enough to finish top 4 last season. The fact they still look absolutely shite is largely down to Conte football.

Chief123

Oh boy! @No Idea For Nickname You're gonna be busy tonight!

Last kick of the game winner by Kane ruled out for a very ambiguous offside! :lol:

Huge pressure on them to go to Marseille and need a result to qualify now!