g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

David De Gea

Came to read the caf's take on Conte sending off. Did not expect a detailed discussion on the various hair replacement procedures available these days.

BorisManUtd

Mauricio Pochettino made me really like Tottenham but ever since they sacked him Spurs have had managers that got them playing dull brand of football. If Conte fails Levy will surely go back for Poch, they sacked him because of ultimately winning nothing but bringing in Mourinho and Conte and still not winning anything would make them want Poch back.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Mauricio Pochettino made me really like Tottenham but ever since they sacked him Spurs have had managers that got them playing dull brand of football. If Conte fails Levy will surely go back for Poch, they sacked him because of ultimately winning nothing but bringing in Mourinho and Conte and still not winning anything would make them want Poch back.
Not sure Spurs win anything, regardless of their manager. They have there own word, Spursy, for a reason.

At best they win a league cup at some point, but that is the best they'll ever achieve.

I mean let's be serious, they're a team who finished 3rd in a two horse race, when they were one of the two teams in the two horse race.

Member 125288

Hair systems you mean?
There'd be no reason for a guy with Conte's money to get something like that.
Lack of suitable donor hair would be one - Conte’s hair is straight and fine-looking, so it’s almost certainly head hair and not from another area of the body, and he went very bald so he’d need lots of grafts.

Also don’t buy into the clever marketing designed to appeal to modern consumers - they’re the same lace-front wigs that celebrities have been gluing to their heads for decades; Sinatra, Burt Reynolds, Connery as Bond, Shatner is wearing one for every Star Trek movie, including the one where you see him underwater.

Chief123

You guys who keep moaning about posts regarding conte’s hair need to chill out. You’re just splitting hairs.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Tbh it's best conte goes now.
He’s gone.
Guess it will be Poch back.
Another titled manager leaves Spurs without a trophy. If only there was some sort of consistent
presence that would provide an explanation
I still find it staggering how many people actually still back levy !
Poch in by palace game
Best case scenario we sell Kane and Son now.
Use it to create some more real estate options.
Winning.
Golf course and complex
Get poch back now
With Poch back I'm sure he'll have a squad of Dier, Doherty, Son and Royal playing like prime Barca in no time
I won't be back while the Chelsea bloke is in charge. Truly horrific football
This feels like the Brighton match that ended Poch.
This does indeed feel like a last-game-before-sack.
Like Liverpool that ended AVB too.
Nuno against Man United…
The slow but steady decline down the table starts today. Be amazed to finish top 6
son and kane need to leave too
Absolutely. Kane is a spent force at this club. This is a middle of the table club which he’s too good for. Sadly I think he has no chance of getting to City now and not sure the other top 4/5 would want him.
I was trolled and called a Gooner when I spoke about 'The Good Money' Woolwich have spent over the last 3 seasons. Most were rejoicing because we won the League when we ended up above Woolwich.
We need to stop buying 2nd hand, make fit players.
If you hire a manager that has a specific plan, get him the right tools to complete the plan. Conte is using a Butter knife as a screwdriver
Conte is a massive prick for the way he is treating Spence, it's an absolute disgrace.
We won't be in the champions League next season.
Woolwich may bottle the title but they could never drop out of top 4 from here.
United and pool only getting stronger, we're miles away from even Newcastle now

So this Jan window while we still have CL football to offer, let's just see if there's even a flake of ambition at this club now the results are matching the performance. Been make me proud Nuno level stuff all season but with fortunate results
OMG!!!! son is a joke
Really sad has been for a while now .
Get rid of son it’s time
There is no chance of that happening. The amount of money he brings in to the club and the fact we probably have half empty stadium as well when he goes
Conte is just another Mourinho. Not right for us. Because Levy is a tight cnut. And they’re both too much ego. What a monumental shambles. Most expensive season tickets in the world. feck ENIC.
They also have a better coach
Let’s not kid ourselves, our players would down tools under Emery too
Please go now cunte .
Tottenham could get Guardiola and Klopp as his assistant, turn out shit, and these fans would still blame them and not the cnut owners. We deserve it.
another manager, another massive change of players, then another sacking. This club blew it when it didn’t back Poch when we were on the rise, since then it’s just been half arsed attempts without clear thought of trying to fix things.

Conte is a great manager but with great players, we don’t have that. Potter or Ten Hag was suited to who we are and we blew it and now the best we have is begging Poch to come back.

This club doesn’t have fecking clue. If you ask a fan of any club which club looks like it is run by accountants it would be us.
Well can't have Eddie Howe or Graham Potter any more (most of you despised them being our manager - I actually wanted Eddie Howe). Can't rehire Poch either. Can't think of any options.
Thomas Frank at Brentford?
(Not saying I want him here but that he might be most likely).
They have money to spend and they spend it how they like, working with Levy and Paratici is totally different.
The last 9 months under Poch was dire. There is no guarantee we'd get the "good" Poch football back instead of the cack that was served up in his final season.
The last 9 months were dire because he didn't get backed. He asked for a rebuild, didn't get it. The squad had gone stale.
When ManUre were winning everything, Fergie still signad a couple of players every season, so the squad wouldn't go stale
But Man Utd are a big club we ain’t
Issue with Poch was his development of young players was terrible, his in game management was horrendous and loved his favourites.
I think he'd do well to raise the feel good factor around the place. We'd see 4231 a lot more so should be alot more offensive. But hes likely not the long term answer. Just like he wasn't when he failed first time round.
Tottenham Hotspur winners of the net spend trophy 2001-2023 serial winners my club my owners proud of.
He'll start winning stuff again at his next club.
Have you ever wondered why every elite manager Levy appoints turns to shit?
How are roma doing?
They won a cup. We need to look up what that is.
Frank Lampard should be available soon. Levy only hires ex Chelsea now. Strap yourself in.
LOL failed. He got us to within a handful of points of a PL title + to a CL title on a shoestring budget, under him we had one of the lowest net spends in the league and yet CL was a piece of piss every year. He got backstabbed and scapegoated by Levy (the true culprit) after struggling for a matter of months. The club betrayed him.

Poch didn't fail. Levy & ENIC failed HIM. Had we had a back up striker and more depth in general, we'd likely have at least one league title and domestic cups.
He done exceptionally well with what we had. But ultimately he failed. How can you sit there with a straight face and say he didn't?

Whenever something mattered. Pochettino and his squad of players let us down. Over and over again.

Cup final against a Chelsea team we beat 5-3 a month prior? Lose 2-0.

Cup semi final against a Chelsea team we comfortably beat few months prior? Lose 4-2

Cup semi final against a Man Utd team we beat at Wembley (our home ground) a month before? Lose 2-1.

That's without even mentioning other individual games. Juve in the Champions League when 3-2 up on aggregate with TWO away goals. Losing to relegated Newcastle 5-1 when we needed to win to finish above Woolwich. The no win away from home for nearly a year. The capitulation at Burnley. Throwing away 2 goal lead to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Not even gonna mention dropping Lucas for the CL final. Etc etc

Over and over again.

Levy should have backed him more. But Pochettino was unfortunately a serial bottler. And it rubbed off on our players. And those same players have let us down consistently since.
Luckily for us we are in a strong position, since our owners have provided us with a new stadium game changer.
Next season we will be champions, I would personally like to thank our owners for taking the club forward in the direction they have.
I keep forgetting. How many bonus points do we get for prettiest stadium in the land? Should Guarantee Us top 4.
& when Woolwich win the title, how salty will they be that our training ground is better. Can’t wait to rain on their title parade! The look on their faces will be priceless!

Castia

Conte doesn’t seem the sort of manager to stick around if he feels he’s not wanted. A couple more bad results and I can see a ‘mutual agreement’ that sees him leave.

Poch back before the end of Jan.

Sviken

They are turning against Conte now?
He did a miracle with them last season. There's only so much he can do. I'm actually surprised he's put up with Levy's bullshit for so long. I would have imagined he'd have been gone in the summer.

SATA

He did a miracle with them last season. There's only so much he can do. I'm actually surprised he's put up with Levy's bullshit for so long. I would have imagined he'd have been gone in the summer.
Hmmm I’m not a Conte fan but how so? I thought Levy delivered him most of his signings. Who did Conte genuinely want that Levy didn’t get for him?

Robbo*

At least they’ve got their stadium. Unless we have owners with unlimited cash we shouldn’t go near OT until we’ve got a properly balanced and rounded out playing squad.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
4th September '22. -
Thread: "Come here to laugh at United"

This lot are still shite. Narrow wins over Southampton (who we battered) and Leicester (who are getting battered by everyone), Liverpool are out of sorts and the gooners are the gooners. They are utterly unconvincing and their fans know it.

I honestly doubt we will have many better chances to win the league than this season. The only clubs that have their shit together are man city and us, and city can be got at.
Ten Hag would've been hoping to quickly bounce-back, Alan Partridge-like, from this embarrassment.

Can't happen now.
Lots of criticism of Ten Hag over at Sad Cafe.
My oh my, everyday hurts for that lot*
*you need to be of a certain vintage to even bother with this
21st October -
Ten Hag showing why he was the right choice over Pochettino.

Strength of mind.

On Ronaldo he has won. Didn't play him against us despite his incredible record when he plays against the soft southerners and now dropped apparently.

United players now know who dictates the rules and they know they can win games without the Prima Donna.

Lesson in how to deal effectively with rot.
The only reason he didn't play against us was cos he refused to be subbed on; not cos ETH refused to play him.

"Now dropped apparently"

.....What absolute fluff. The cnut refused to play.

100% agree with this, the Keane’s and Neville’s are living in the 90’s. They are like blokes talking about the old days. United looks a different beast under Ten Hag and he has only been there a short time but they want 38 year old Ronaldo on the pitch
4th November -
Sky can go feck right off with their bullshit stupid click bait headings!!!!
“Are United back?”
Eh unless they are winning the league every year and dominating all around them then the answer is a simple no.
If ”back” means are they a bang average team who are doing the bare minimum for the squad assembled in terms of costs and wages them yes.
Good to see dean ashton kevin campbell not towing the sky line. Saying how if they were in utd dressing room they would lose some respect for manager for making ronaldo captain.
How much evidence do Man Utd need that Ronaldo is done?
He starts a match and they lose.
They'd be better off just paying off his contract at this point, he's clearly nothing but a decrement to them at this point.
Guarantee you that Ronaldo deliberately missed United's game today.

Illness? Convenient.
Ronaldo has gone to the Sun and P-Morgan to drop a big interview to try and get out of United.
And I was right in my earlier post. No illness. Didn't want anything to interfere with his world cup dreams.
Dude is trying to speed run how to tank his goodwill with the united fanbase.
Ronaldo being a cnut, surely not?!?!
United fans can finally stop pretending that messi isn’t the goat.
Messi isn't the GOAT until he's won the World Cup IMO.
Thankfully FIFA have rigged the world cup this year for that :)
The funny thing is he is saying the same this United fans have been saying but they are now attacking him for it.
What an absolute shit stain. If nearly every plonker on TFC knew who ragnick is, surely a professional footballer does. A petty, disrespectful little bitch.
He’s a psycho and a terrible person. I had a hunch he was always a selfish prick but it’s even worse than I imagined.
United should absolutely suspend him indefinitely and fine him his wages. His behavior is clearly detrimental to the club.
This happens fairly often in US sports. Is this legal to do in England?
This is fecking hilarious ahahahahahshahaha
Can’t wait to watch the whole thing.
Absolute narcissist. Some of his answers and statements are outright Trumpish. The dig at Rooney especially.
Now he is one the decline and not the main man we get to see Ronaldo’s personality in its full glory.
Ronaldo is finished his legs have gone and what what you get his ego eats away at everything. He is the Donald Trump of football, he was a winner but was always toxic, he is now just toxic.

I don’t want the Donald Trump of football at Spurs.
I imagine Ten Hag will be ecstatic at what Ronaldo has done

Makes it easy for him to now dump the bloke and move on.

It's strange with some megastars and that's what Ronaldo is, but they listen to no one and everyone is scared to tell them the truth..

37 years of age and thinks he should play every game he wants to play in. A big fcuking baby.

I like Roy Keane but his blind spot to the bloke is embarrassing. As for Neville, absolute pr!ck who changes position like the wind
My God, what Ronaldo has done is 10 times worse than what Kane dud last season..

If I was a United fan I would never want that fcuking bloke near my club again.

An utterly fantastic footballer and for me one of the best 5 of all time but possibly he, alongside that pr!ck Mbappe represent not just what is worst in players but also what's rottem and eroding in society.

Those whose elevated status seens to neutralise them from honesty from those who rely on them for their pay days.
Yeah agreed. He's an absolute snake.
Phenomenal footballer. Phenomenal cnut.
It's kind of sad reading what Ronalso is reported to have said in his interview.

A great player who simply cannot accept what father time is doing.

It's sort of admirable that he believes thst he deserves pretty much anything and everything and no degree of criticism but what a sad world to be in.

United's fault in taking the bloke back.

The rest is like scopophillia and I'm not interested in watching. I bet the Portugal players wished Ronaldo was injured for the whole of the world cup
20th November
Was at Old Trafford yesterday, my first visit.

What a shite stadium. Facilities are crap, food/drink offering is crap. There's literally no leg room unless you're a hobbit.

Their stewards are much better than ours though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hmmm I’m not a Conte fan but how so? I thought Levy delivered him most of his signings. Who did Conte genuinely want that Levy didn’t get for him?
The issue is Conte ideally wanted players like Casemiro, Skriniar, Brozovic, Tchouameni, Kante, Koulibaly, Rudiger, Hakimi, etc, ready made world class players he could win with immediately. He didn't ask for them because Spurs were clear they couldn't target those types of players, they had to go for talented but unpolished youngsters, players who'd need time

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Levy needs to go as well. Mourinho, Nuno and Conte are all of the same cloth. If it didnt work with Mourinho it wouldnt work with the other two.

Kane has basically wasted his career at spurs playing negative football for the last four years.

Threesus

The issue is Conte ideally wanted players like Casemiro, Skriniar, Brozovic, Tchouameni, Kante, Koulibaly, Rudiger, Hakimi, etc, ready made world class players he could win with immediately. He didn't ask for them because Spurs were clear they couldn't target those types of players, they had to go for talented but unpolished youngsters, players who'd need time
That’s like a Real Madrid/ abramovich’s Chelsea window. Surely he must have done his homework before taking the role?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Seems like Spurs have 4 or 5 midfielders that are all virtually the same player. Questions should be asked of the recruitment team(I'm just assuming it is Levy).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Cant see Conte lasting beyond this season --- making 'miracle' excuses like Jose now. Ole got better results and performances than Conte despite being backed.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tchoameni cost 80m, Casemiro cost 50m, Hakimi cost 80m etc

If Conte can only work with these type of players at those prices then he should wait for PSG Citeh and Madrid and never should have taken the Spurs job