FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

romufc

So, because Kane did not score more goals, he doesn't have winning mentality? And that is him bottling, not the Tottenham team overall not being able to perform better?

But then if a player didn't score goals but was part of the winning team, did they have winning mentality?
Do you hear yourself? You are drawing an imaginary line, based on your own opinion, on who has winning mentality, and who doesn't. And that is stupid.

If you examine Spurs results since 2013/14, I think you will find that Kane has scored more winners/equalizers than anybody else in their team, which to me is exactly what someone with "winning mentality" does.

Again, please show me where I have said because he hasn't scored goals he does not have that winning mentality?

I think you are imagining what I wrote, so maybe you are the silly one.

Just because he has been at Spurs since then, a striker will score loads of winners and equalisers just by him being there that long. No one is arguing Kane's quality, show me where I have said he is rubbish? I await you to show me where I have said he needs to score more goals and he is rubbish?

Winning mentality wins you trophies.... this is why, again I say it Ten Hag has brought those characters into Manutd, winners, look what happened, we won a trophy.

I see you think Kane and Cleverly are equal but I personally do not.

I think Kane is a (read carefully) a TOP draw player. The only thing I am arguing is his ambition to win trophies, yes some players are happy being a one club man and becoming a legend and not winning trophies. This is what I am accusing Kane of. If in the future, he goes and it changes, my opinion will change because you know what, its football. Things change.

georgipep

Again, please show me where I have said because he hasn't scored goals he does not have that winning mentality?

I think you are imagining what I wrote, so maybe you are the silly one.
Here:
Also, why do I think he is a bottle job too? Firstly, knowing what Spurs are, signed away his peak years, then every big match in cups where it matters, he has failed to show up. Euros, WC, CL finals, league cup finals, every time when you need your main man.
Explain what "failed to show up" means.
Just because he has been at Spurs since then, a striker will score loads of winners and equalisers just by him being there that long. No one is arguing Kane's quality, show me where I have said he is rubbish? I await you to show me where I have said he needs to score more goals and he is rubbish?

Winning mentality wins you trophies.... this is why, again I say it Ten Hag has brought those characters into Manutd, winners, look what happened, we won a trophy.
So, there isn't a single player with winning mentality playing for the teams that don't win trophies? Is that what you are conveying?

Gotta tell you. Equally stupid.

romufc

Here:

Explain what "failed to show up" means.

So, there isn't a single player with winning mentality playing for the teams that don't win trophies? Is that what you are conveying?

Gotta tell you. Equally stupid.
Ohh so you like to make things up? Failed to show means he doesn't score goals ? Failed to show means he was anonymous, when you need your best player to carry you, when you look for your talisman to turn up.

There is, players have winning mentalities playing at clubs that dont win stuff. Again having a winning mentality does not mean they have the quality to go with it too. You can have a winning mentality by your personality, never like to lose but just arent a good enough footballer. It happens.

We are not talking about that are we though? We are talking about one of the better Strikers in world football.

When you play in finals, like Manchester United did last week, they look to players who have the winning mentality through the games, again Casemiro case in point.

A striker scores goals = he has winning mentality is stupid.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
So, because Kane did not score more goals, he doesn't have winning mentality? And that is him bottling, not the Tottenham team overall not being able to perform better?

But then if a player didn't score goals but was part of the winning team, did they have winning mentality?
Do you hear yourself? You are drawing an imaginary line, based on your own opinion, on who has winning mentality, and who doesn't. And that is stupid.

If you examine Spurs results since 2013/14, I think you will find that Kane has scored more winners/equalizers than anybody else in their team, which to me is exactly what someone with "winning mentality" does.

I think, a person with a winning mentality will

1. Take more risks with his career path.

Outliner is Messi maybe, but probably because he started at Barca, performed there, won there etc.

No matter how low, a player starts, a player with winning mentality will find ways and paths to winning trophies. See how someone like CR7 is talked about because of winning in England, Spain, Italy.

Compare with someone like Jones, even if Jones body collapsed, 5 years ago he's was playing against Spur FA Cup semi final, but he's fine not playing even in another small league from thereof but he's comfortable earning salary in United while being a Sky Sport Pundit.

Wilshere also a sicknote, really tried to salvage his career till his body refused. His mentality vs Jone's mentality is very different. You can tell Wilshere really tried to make a win against his problems.

Even RVP, took a risk going to United. Arsenal players gave him a guard of honor in the next 10 months.

As Kane taken any risks with his career path? Remember football is a team sports, up until you win something as a team many of the talks will be dismissed. Even Messi greatest was pegged with Argentina winning something no matter how wrong you might think it is.

How comes Kane's greatest isn't pegged on winning anything?

He's played in Champions League final, he was anonymous in that game. England final against Italy same

If Kane had won 1 title, maybe 2 cups, something more with England then the narrative could change completely.

Compare to Totti who won

Serie A: 2000–01
Coppa Italia: 2006–07, 2007–08
Supercoppa Italiana: 2001, 2007
World Cup: 2006

Even if Totti stayed in Roma ever at least as a player he won trophies, meaning he didn't have to make a personal decision of going to another club looking for winners medal.

It's extremely sad and astonishing, Harry Kane has never experienced the feeling of winning a trophy.

If he can't give everything on the line, to experience such a feeling then his mentality is not right.

georgipep

I think, a person with a winning mentality will

1. Take more risks with his career path.

Outliner is Messi maybe, but probably because he started at Barca, performed there, won there etc.

No matter how low, a player starts, a player with winning mentality will find ways and paths to winning trophies. See how someone like CR7 is talked about because of winning in England, Spain, Italy.

Compare with someone like Jones, even if Jones body collapsed, 5 years ago he's was playing against Spur FA Cup semi final, but he's fine not playing even in another small league from thereof but he's comfortable earning salary in United while being a Sky Sport Pundit.

Wilshere also a sicknote, really tried to salvage his career till his body refused. His mentality vs Jone's mentality is very different. You can tell Wilshere really tried to make a win against his problems.

Even RVP, took a risk going to United. Arsenal players gave him a guard of honor in the next 10 months.

As Kane taken any risks with his career path? Remember football is a team sports, up until you win something as a team many of the talks will be dismissed. Even Messi greatest was pegged with Argentina winning something no matter how wrong you might think it is.

How comes Kane's greatest isn't pegged on winning anything?

He's played in Champions League final, he was anonymous in that game. England final against Italy same

If Kane had won 1 title, maybe 2 cups, something more with England then the narrative could change completely.

Compare to Totti who won

Serie A: 2000–01
Coppa Italia: 2006–07, 2007–08
Supercoppa Italiana: 2001, 2007
World Cup: 2006

Even if Totti stayed in Roma ever at least as a player he won trophies, meaning he didn't have to make a personal decision of going to another club looking for winners medal.

It's extremely sad and astonishing, Harry Kane has never experienced the feeling of winning a trophy.

If he can't give everything on the line, to experience such a feeling then his mentality is not right.
Kane wanted to leave and go win trophies with City. So, does that make him a player with a winning mentality?

You really want to give an example with someone who ran off to Saudi Arabia months after saying he has ability to win things in Europe?

Also, comparison between Totti and Kane I guess is purely based on them two, nothing to do with their teams and the competition?

Sure, sure, sure...

georgipep

Ohh so you like to make things up? Failed to show means he doesn't score goals ? Failed to show means he was anonymous, when you need your best player to carry you, when you look for your talisman to turn up.
So, what does "carry you" and "turn up" mean really? You watching a game and deciding they carried and turned up?

I guess as long as you have someone to carry and turn up, Southampton can easily become champions and have that special winning mentality too, right?
There is, players have winning mentalities playing at clubs that dont win stuff. Again having a winning mentality does not mean they have the quality to go with it too. You can have a winning mentality by your personality, never like to lose but just arent a good enough footballer. It happens.
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. You can have the mentality but not the quality. But then again, you said that players with the mentality win things. So how does that work? If you aren't good enough to win things but you have the mentality, which, by your definition, is something that comes from and leads to....winning.

We are not talking about that are we though? We are talking about one of the better Strikers in world football.

When you play in finals, like Manchester United did last week, they look to players who have the winning mentality through the games, again Casemiro case in point.

A striker scores goals = he has winning mentality is stupid.
I don't argue that scoring goals is not the same as winning mentality. I argue your subjective opinion deciding who has and who hasn't got that magical "mentality".

Judas

Open to offers
Didnt romufc try and convince everyone City were mostly in trouble due to the length of their grass? This is who you’re all arguing with for heavens sake.

Licha-Vidic

Kane wanted to leave and go win trophies with City. So, does that make him a player with a winning mentality?

You really want to give an example with someone who ran off to Saudi Arabia months after saying he has ability to win things in Europe?

Also, comparison between Totti and Kane I guess is purely based on them two, nothing to do with their teams and the competition?

Sure, sure, sure...
In your opinion why didn't he go to City? I know you'll blame Spur for not selling him, right.

But who signed those contracts, Kane himself. He's not the first player or last player to ask for a transfer or being transferred with a contract running. I can guarantee you he will sign a new contract at Spurs.

The person who went to Saudi while Kane's years was winning multiple Champions League and League titles.

Kane's at Ronaldo's 38 year will be a forgotten footballer who will not have nothing to show as a winners medal leave alone his Wikipedia Honours page having zero mention of anything won.

Totti like Kane stayed at his boyhood club, like Gerrard also.
All the 3 have similarities in terms of abilities and being talismans of their teams

But the two other chaps won different titles with their clubs while still playing for their boyhood club meaning they didn't need to make a move to get a winners medals.

Even to date, Gerrard is taunted for failing to win a Premier League medal, and he had chance to move and get it.

But for him you can understand because won some trophies with Liverpool. But I can't imagine Gerrard finishing his career with Liverpool without winning any trophy.

As a player you need to experience how to win a trophy. Ask Weghorst, you can clearly tell from Wembley pictures how it felt.

georgipep

In your opinion why didn't he go to City? I know you'll blame Spur for not selling him, right.

But who signed those contracts, Kane himself. He's not the first player or last player to ask for a transfer or being transferred with a contract running. I can guarantee you he will sign a new contract at Spurs.
Let's see. If Bayern sign a young striker and we don't want him, there aren't many options for him to go now that City have Haaland, don't you think?

He also
The person who went to Saudi while Kane's years was winning multiple Champions League and League titles.

Kane's at Ronaldo's 38 year will be a forgotten footballer who will not have nothing to show as a winners medal leave alone his Wikipedia Honours page having zero mention of anything won.
I kind of see what you are getting at but Kane is already record holder and I expect him to beat a few other records before retiring, so that's not entirely true. He will never reach Ronaldo's honours but then again, he has never played in the teams Ronaldo has. And yes, he has himself to blame for that too. Gareth Bale is the perfect example of how one can pursuit glory.

Doesn't mean he doesn't have winning mentality.

Totti like Kane stayed at his boyhood club, like Gerrard also.
All the 3 have similarities in terms of abilities and being talismans of their teams

But the two other chaps won different titles with their clubs while still playing for their boyhood club meaning they didn't need to make a move to get a winners medals.

Even to date, Gerrard is taunted for failing to win a Premier League medal, and he had chance to move and get it.

But for him you can understand because won some trophies with Liverpool. But I can't imagine Gerrard finishing his career with Liverpool without winning any trophy.

As a player you need to experience how to win a trophy. Ask Weghorst, you can clearly tell from Wembley pictures how it felt.
I don't understand how can you claim (or allude to) that Totti and Gerrard won things purely because of their own abilities and mentality. Gerrard's Liverpool and Totti's Roma were far more potent teams that Kane's Tottenham, especially given the context of their successes.

I find your and other people on the RedCafe 's tendency to oversimplify things absolutely mindboggling.

Kane is so clearly a top striker with the right attributes (physical, technical and mental) to play for all the top clubs. Proven by the fact that Bayern, Manchester City and Manchester United have all expressed interest in him.

Grande

Kane is a brilliant player, don't get me wrong but there comes to a point where you look at your top draw players in moments where its tough, can you pull us out of this?

let me give you a comparison.. Benzema last season in the CL.. when the team needs their ST he delivers. That is what separates the top draw to WC.

Why do you think most WC players win trophies?
I wasted a perfectly good wordplay on you.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think Kane just lacks that ultimate drive to move on and progress his career, he’s a class player, maybe enjoys being a big fish in a small pond, one of the worlds top strikers, why the hell would he want to stay at spurs so long signing contract extensions. He should have left 5 years ago to a decent team with real potential.

Licha-Vidic

I don't understand how can you claim (or allude to) that Totti and Gerrard won things purely because of their own abilities and mentality. Gerrard's Liverpool and Totti's Roma were far more potent teams that Kane's Tottenham, especially given the context of their successes..

Kane is so clearly a top striker with the right attributes (physical, technical and mental) to play for all the top clubs. Proven by the fact that Bayern, Manchester City and Manchester United have all expressed interest in him.
1. It's not as if Kane has been planted in Spurs through unremovable roots that he can't go somewhere else to experience trophy winning experience... Issue is Kane has won nothing to date and he's okay with that. If that doesn't strike you as being a guy with less drive to win things then nothing much can be added.

2. No one is questioning his abilities. His abilities are high up but his desire to win trophies is so low that it's visible from outside.
Not all players win trophies in their careers but if chance arrives to go to a team that can win you trophies you snap it immediately.

Let me leave with quote from Antony when he was at Ajax before signing for United " ...such chances come once in a lifetime"

A player with drive will snap his fingers to go to a big club, win trophies especially if his current club doesn't win anything at all.

I think Kane just lacks that ultimate drive to move on and progress his career, he’s a class player, maybe enjoys being a big fish in a small pond, one of the worlds top strikers, why the hell would he want to stay at spurs so long signing contract extensions. He should have left 5 years ago to a decent team with real potential.

As quoted here, Kane mentality/ drive can be extensively questioned.

georgipep

1. It's not as if Kane has been planted in Spurs through unremovable roots that he can't go somewhere else to experience trophy winning experience... Issue is Kane has won nothing to date and he's okay with that. If that doesn't strike you as being a guy with less drive to win things then nothing much can be added.
It is well documented that he wanted to leave and couldn't. I don't see how you can claim he's okay with anything. Are you close to him?
2. No one is questioning his abilities. His abilities are high up but his desire to win trophies is so low that it's visible from outside.
Not all players win trophies in their careers but if chance arrives to go to a team that can win you trophies you snap it immediately.
And he tried, failed and is now facing the consequences of his past decisions.
Let me leave with quote from Antony when he was at Ajax before signing for United " ...such chances come once in a lifetime"

A player with drive will snap his fingers to go to a big club, win trophies especially if his current club doesn't win anything at all.

As quoted here, Kane mentality/ drive can be extensively questioned.
And Antony found a buyer in Manchester United, willing to pay what his club was asking for. Why didn't Antony make it possible for us to buy him for £40m instead? Didn't he want to win enough?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I didn't even realise Adama Traore was allowed to score goals. Well done, Tottenham.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

I am so out of it, just don't give a damn anymore, watch match expect fcuk all. Levy and enic are destroying the soul of the club
More like an arrow from 4 to 7 and then straight back to 4
Stage 7.

Acceptance that it isn't going to get any better and will probably get a lot worse.

But hope that ENIC feck off and sell up to a sugar daddy, there has been some interest and that kindles the hope.

Also angry with the part of our fanbase who haven't made it to stage 3 yet.
FFS, we've just announced that Captain Hugo Lloris will be doing the inaugural lap at the new underground go-kart track.
Will the kart track be open to ticket holders on match days - especially during the actual 90 minutes of play? Asking for a friend…
Amazed how shit our midfield is under conte. Just feck all creativity or goal threat. Kane still thinks hes a free kick expert. We had a couple of good free kick positions today. Eriksen there 2 nil us and game out of sight.
We know Kane is definitely not good at any range of freekicks. So maybe someone else should have a go by now.
Kane should have been kicked of them in favour of Sonny years ago.
The fact that Porro hit the bar on his first attempt immeidately better than anything that Harry has mustered since his flukey, one and only FK goal8 years 8/9 years ago.
HOW did son play a full 90 again. This is getting insane
For the tourists that infest our club?
Apparently everyone was singing for Poch at the end of the game.
Poch couldn't do it with prime Lloris, Walker, Rose, Toby, Jan, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Dele (before he forgot how to football)

He sure as shit isn't doing it with this group of players which is inferior in every single possible way.
15m a year that cnut is on and he wants to manage us whilst round his mums eating fairy cakes.
You were alright a week after surgery but cant be arsed 4 weeks after surgery.
Fick off and let someone who wants to play football manage us.
I'm pretty sure Mama Conte does NOT make Fairy cakes!!
...Tiramisu, maybe...?

SAFMUTD

They're totally going to feck up top 4. Even when we win tomorrow against Liverpool, Spurs is so shit that they'll feck it up.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
At least they’ve got the Beyoncé tour to look forward too.
NFL games, concerts, racing, wine and cheeses degustation, and they're still moaning... What an ungrateful bunch.