FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm sure there are other threads to discuss Tottenham.

romufc

On what basis?

He made a dumb decision signing a long term contract, thinking he could leave anyway whenever he wanted. He tried to force his way out to a club that wins stuff and they wouldn't let him go. He's not the first player to fail to force a transfer, if the club don't want to sell then there's nothing you can do.

The issue with claiming players don't have a winning mentality because they've never won anything, quite often they magically start winning stuff for fun when they join a better team. RVP was part of Arsenal's serial bottlers team and shock horror he fires us to the league title when he joins a proper elite side. Walker would have been another player without a winning mentality had City decided not to sign him and he had to stay at Spurs. It's pseudoscience to suggest these players magically developed a winning mentality, it seems likely they just got to play with better players and better managers.

On the basis that he is regarded as WC and can't win anything. RVP realised he needs to win something, for all the great work he did at Arsenal, he is considered a bigger legend at United, why? because he won the PL.

Yes, you are naming all these players that prove my point, they realised Spurs is a bottle job and moved, they forced their way out. Modric, Bale, all realised very early.

Kane, he rather be top scorer at Spurs and have one club name to him than go win trophies.

Also, why do I think he is a bottle job too? Firstly, knowing what Spurs are, signed away his peak years, then every big match in cups where it matters, he has failed to show up. Euros, WC, CL finals, league cup finals, every time when you need your main man.

romufc

I think he has done as well as he can in a team with Dier as their main defender and clowns like Sanchez in the team.

He has literally carried Spurs at stages during his time there. Will probably need a back operation when he is older the amount of lifting he has done for them. 5 seasons 20+ goals in the PL, one time 30+ goals, on track for 6 seasons, on 18 goals so far, still a ways to go in the season. three times golden boot winner. A season he was the golden boot winner and had the most assists, on track to hunt down Shearers record if he stays in the PL. Model professional, no off field antics being caught with hookers, out partying until 4am etc. No training ground bust ups with management etc.

I'm not seeing too many red flags other than maybe price tag and age.
Oh what rubbish... I have seen teams win with players like that before. So what about Romero, Bissouma, Kulu, Richarlison, Porro, Lenglet, Son?

Yeah he scores loads of goals, that's why he is regarded as one of the best strikers but I have seen our team this season, which is not what I see from Kane. Ten Hag has brought in winners, players with that mentality and Kane does not have it.

He is happy scoring goals and competing with top 4, I want players who want to win.

Dominos

On the basis that he is regarded as WC and can't win anything. RVP realised he needs to win something, for all the great work he did at Arsenal, he is considered a bigger legend at United, why? because he won the PL.

Yes, you are naming all these players that prove my point, they realised Spurs is a bottle job and moved, they forced their way out. Modric, Bale, all realised very early.

Kane, he rather be top scorer at Spurs and have one club name to him than go win trophies.

Also, why do I think he is a bottle job too? Firstly, knowing what Spurs are, signed away his peak years, then every big match in cups where it matters, he has failed to show up. Euros, WC, CL finals, league cup finals, every time when you need your main man.
Kane also "realised he needed to win something" though and tried to force his way out. Spurs turned down over 100m offer for him. He doesn't have control over whether Spurs accept an offer for him like they did for Bale.

Like I said, signing a contract makes him dumb. He thought he could force his way out whenever he wanted and found out how stupid the decision was. Nothing to do with winning mentality though, that's just some silly clichéd bioscience.

romufc

Kane also "realised he needed to win something" though and tried to force his way out. Spurs turned down over 100m offer for him. He doesn't have control over whether Spurs accept an offer for him like they did for Bale.

Like I said, signing a contract makes him dumb. He thought he could force his way out whenever he wanted and found out how stupid the decision was. Nothing to do with winning mentality though, that's just some silly clichéd bioscience.

I have seen alot of players force their way out of club. Oh yeah "he thought" when there is years and years of evidence of how Levy operates. You signing a 6 year deal at a club that does not win anything, thinking of I will be let out easily? Really?

Let me give you an example... Haaland went to Dortmund and put a release clause because he wanted to win, he wouldn't do that if he thought oh yeah they will let me go.

Its got everything to do with mentality, we have seen it in big games too, when has he ever turned up? In a cup final or semi final?

Dominos

I have seen alot of players force their way out of club. Oh yeah "he thought" when there is years and years of evidence of how Levy operates. You signing a 6 year deal at a club that does not win anything, thinking of I will be let out easily? Really?

Let me give you an example... Haaland went to Dortmund and put a release clause because he wanted to win, he wouldn't do that if he thought oh yeah they will let me go.

Its got everything to do with mentality, we have seen it in big games too, when has he ever turned up? In a cup final or semi final?
Haaland was smarter and advised better by his agents.

Kane is just dumb. People make dumb decisions.

Again, if Kane had got his move to City like he wanted and he'd be boasting his trophies now showing his "winning mentality". In reality, his mentality would be the exact same as it is now, just in a better team. The exact same as Bale, RVP and the like. They were all losers until their club agreed to sell them. Kane's club refused to sell him, and he's paid the price for being stupid.

romufc

Haaland was smarter and advised better by his agents.

Kane is just dumb. People make dumb decisions.

Again, if Kane had got his move to City like he wanted and he'd be boasting his trophies now showing his "winning mentality". In reality, his mentality would be the exact same as it is now, just in a better team. The exact same as Bale, RVP and the like. They were all losers until their club agreed to sell them. Kane's club refused to sell him, and he's paid the price for being stupid.
IF IF IF... Reality is, he did not get his move. Players who have that mentality, will force their way out and get the move because they know this is their time, being in the peak of his career.

You are emphasising my point, those players all wanted to WIN, they forced a move and got the move, got the trophies. That is what winners do.

Until he wins, you dont know his mentality, I am going by the evidence of what I have seen, he has never been able to carry a team to anything. yes, he gets loads of PL goals that help them get CL footy but WC players are always the difference makers in games.

Why do you think Manutd signed winners in Varane, Licha, Casemiro? I tell you why, they want to win, they have an obsession.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What happened to Glaston? can the mods SMS Text Message him? tell him they're fourth now and it's ok to stop the pilgrimage.

Andre Kagawa

What happened to Glaston? can the mods SMS Text Message him? tell him they're fourth now and it's ok to stop the pilgrimage.
Wouldn't work. Some say he's gone full mystic, living in a cave somewhere in India.

Others say he's actually still active on said The Fighting Cock forum under thr same alias as here.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This is why I think it's ridiculous all the pundits criticising the Rangnick appointment. We needed someone to tie us over until ETH was available. He wasn't going to leave Ajax mid season with them top of the league and still in the cup.
I could have managed that team better than Rangnick. The strategy might have been correct but he was a shit appointment whatever way you looked at it. He also came way too late - the board threw away the season in October which was embarrassing for a club of our size. No amount of revisionism can change those things.

Grande

IF IF IF... Reality is, he did not get his move. Players who have that mentality, will force their way out and get the move because they know this is their time, being in the peak of his career.

You are emphasising my point, those players all wanted to WIN, they forced a move and got the move, got the trophies. That is what winners do.

Until he wins, you dont know his mentality, I am going by the evidence of what I have seen, he has never been able to carry a team to anything. yes, he gets loads of PL goals that help them get CL footy but WC players are always the difference makers in games.

Why do you think Manutd signed winners in Varane, Licha, Casemiro? I tell you why, they want to win, they have an obsession.
You’re making this overly simplistic. Sure, there is winning mentality and losing mentality, but then there is also drawing mentality. But even then, tjere are mediocre drawers, and there are bad drawers. Kane is a top drawer. Top, top drawer. That also counts for something.

romufc

You’re making this overly simplistic. Sure, there is winning mentality and losing mentality, but then there is also drawing mentality. But even then, tjere are mediocre drawers, and there are bad drawers. Kane is a top drawer. Top, top drawer. That also counts for something.
Kane is a brilliant player, don't get me wrong but there comes to a point where you look at your top draw players in moments where its tough, can you pull us out of this?

let me give you a comparison.. Benzema last season in the CL.. when the team needs their ST he delivers. That is what separates the top draw to WC.

Why do you think most WC players win trophies?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

None of this makes any sense, you think Kyle Walker suddenly became a winner or a player with winning mentality just because he was given chance to move from Spurs to City?

If Kane runs down his contract, signs for Bayern playing part time role as a back up player and starts winning league, does that mean he has winning mentality?

You need a team to win trophies, individual can only do so much.

roonster09

Scout
Kane is a brilliant player, don't get me wrong but there comes to a point where you look at your top draw players in moments where its tough, can you pull us out of this?

let me give you a comparison.. Benzema last season in the CL.. when the team needs their ST he delivers. That is what separates the top draw to WC.

Yeah along with players like Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Vini and few other great players.

Why didn't Bale win anything with Spurs but was winning shit loads of CLs with Madrid? Same with Modric, why did the bottler suddenly became the most important player for Madrid in their amazing CL winning run?

romufc

None of this makes any sense, you think Kyle Walker suddenly became a winner or a player with winning mentality just because he was given chance to move from Spurs to City?

If Kane runs down his contract, signs for Bayern playing part time role as a back up player and starts winning league, does that mean he has winning mentality?

You need a team to win trophies, individual can only do so much.
Right, so you are the one drawing this comparison. Kane and Walker are the same?

Ask anyone who plays football, who has a winning mentality, Kane or Walker, I guarantee you most will say Walker.

If Kane does that and wins leagues at Bayern, he will develop a winning mentality for sure. How can you say winning trophies doesn't bring winning mentality?

Why do you think the likes of Casemiro, Varane, Licha are so important?

romufc

Yeah along with players like Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Vini and few other great players.

Why didn't Bale win anything with Spurs but was winning shit loads of CLs with Madrid? Same with Modric, why did the bottler suddenly became the most important player for Madrid in their amazing CL winning run?
Oh ofcourse, you think Spurs have a relegation level team maybe.

Bale didnt win anything, but he carried Spurs to top 4 single handedly, unless you ofcourse wnat to say no it was the team and manager?

Because the team helped him distract the keepers when he was banging goals from 30 yards out at will?

Modric realised his quality at Spurs, he played really well and was like you know what, I need to go and win trophies, delvelop a winning mentality.

Why do you think people thought the League cup win was important for mentality?

Just because you dont think winning brings winning mentality, its far from the truth, players with winning history, bring that in big games.

Kane, in big games.... is a ghost..

MegadrivePerson

Agreed.

It's not like Kane hasn't had chances either.

He had the chance to win the Champions League in 2019 but was anonymous in the final. He bottled the second penalty against France, he was anonymous in the Euro 2020 final too.

roonster09

Scout
Right, so you are the one drawing this comparison. Kane and Walker are the same?

Ask anyone who plays football, who has a winning mentality, Kane or Walker, I guarantee you most will say Walker.

If Kane does that and wins leagues at Bayern, he will develop a winning mentality for sure. How can you say winning trophies doesn't bring winning mentality?

Why do you think the likes of Casemiro, Varane, Licha are so important?
So if Kane signs for Bayern, all of a sudden he gets winnings mentality when they win league on Auto-mode?

I didn't say winning trophies doesn't bring winning mentality, I said not winning trophies doesn't mean player lacks winning mentality.

People who says Walker are maybe simpletons who thinks "player playing in winning team = winning mentality".

Bale didnt win anything, but he carried Spurs to top 4 single handedly, unless you ofcourse wnat to say no it was the team and manager?

Because the team helped him distract the keepers when he was banging goals from 30 yards out at will?

Modric realised his quality at Spurs, he played really well and was like you know what, I need to go and win trophies, delvelop a winning mentality.

Just because you dont think winning brings winning mentality, its far from the truth, players with winning history, bring that in big games.

Kane also carried Spurs to better league position than Bale did, maybe more points, goals or whatever for Spurs than Bale did.

Modric thought "let me develop a winning mentality"? He went because he was beyond Spurs level and it was Madrid and before them Chelsea came calling. Kane also tried the same but he couldn't get the move. So if Spurs would have let Kane sign for City, he would have thought "nah, i don't need winning mentality" and would have stayed at Spurs?

Winning brings the mentality shift in the club and there will be few players who will be driving it. You came up with simplistic take that winning squad means everyone will have winning mentality and not winning squad means none of them will have winning mentality.

So Lloris lost his winning mentality when he plays for Spurs but somehow gets it when he plays for France? Same with Martinez, you think he keeps his winning mentality at home when he plays for Villa but brings it on when he plays for Argentina?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Ahh?

He pretty much was the catalyst of Spurs winning in multiple N.London derby's. Got Spurs back in the game vs Barca with a great goal a couple seasons ago in the CL. Was the main catalyst for Spurs win vs City last season was it? Probably the best individual performance from a player that season. He was involved in every goal including the winner, rising above Walker to head home. These are just off the top of my head.

I want players who want to win.
Generally scoring goals helps you win.

Look he doesnt come across as the sharpest tool in the shed. Signed a crazy length contract. But there is no denying his quality, just he plays for Spurs. No one at Spurs is on his level. Porro? Who? Kulusevski, hes good, sure, Richarlison overrated, never worth 60mil. Bissouma, one of many similar midfielders, Son, now Son I will agree. But he blows hot and cold, on form he is world class, but can easily have lulls where he doesnt do much.

Would of been generally interested to see how he got on at City with a squad of world class players around him. Pep knows, he went in twice trying to get Levy to budge and bring him to City.

romufc

So if Kane signs for Bayern, all of a sudden he gets winnings mentality when they win league on Auto-mode?

I didn't say winning trophies doesn't bring winning mentality, I said not winning trophies doesn't mean player lacks winning mentality.

People who says Walker are maybe simpletons who thinks "player playing in winning team = winning mentality".

Kane also carried Spurs to better league position than Bale did, maybe more points, goals or whatever for Spurs than Bale did.

Modric thought "let me develop a winning mentality"? He went because he was beyond Spurs level and it was Madrid and before them Chelsea came calling. Kane also tried the same but he couldn't get the move. So if Spurs would have let Kane sign for City, he would have thought "nah, i don't need winning mentality" and would have stayed at Spurs?

Winning brings the mentality shift in the club and there will be few players who will be driving it. You came up with simplistic take that winning squad means everyone will have winning mentality and not winning squad means none of them will have winning mentality.

So Lloris lost his winning mentality when he plays for Spurs but somehow gets it when he plays for France? Same with Martinez, you think he keeps his winning mentality at home when he plays for Villa but brings it on when he plays for Argentina?

Yes, you need the team too, which is why when you are a top draw player which Kane is, if you have a winning mentality, you realise that you need to move in order to win.

My point exactly, Bale carried them and then realised this is rubbish, I am playing at my highest level and I am winning nothing, I need to go to a club that can win something. Again, mentality.

Bale is also a very good example of when Wales need their main man, he produces and thanks to him, they qualified for these major tournaments, from his winning mentality.

Oh yeah in his 30 year career, he tried to move once, so he has a winning mentality?

Again, you are making things up, i did not say that. I am solely talking about Kane, a top player.

I give you an example of a player Hazard... even though he won, he doesnt have the winning mentality to be a top top player, he had a dream to play for Madrid, he went there and you see from his mentality, he doesnt get to play.

Why do you think Lloris is the captain of Spurs? Because he has the mentality and brings it.. why is it not Kane? Because he has no idea what winning is.

Why do you think Manutd want players with the right mentality? We can sign anyone who scores loads of goals in Serie A... why have Varane, Martinez been so important? MENTALITY.

roonster09

Scout
Yes, you need the team too, which is why when you are a top draw player which Kane is, if you have a winning mentality, you realise that you need to move in order to win.

My point exactly, Bale carried them and then realised this is rubbish, I am playing at my highest level and I am winning nothing, I need to go to a club that can win something. Again, mentality.

Bale is also a very good example of when Wales need their main man, he produces and thanks to him, they qualified for these major tournaments, from his winning mentality.

Oh yeah in his 30 year career, he tried to move once, so he has a winning mentality?

Again, you are making things up, i did not say that. I am solely talking about Kane, a top player.

I give you an example of a player Hazard... even though he won, he doesnt have the winning mentality to be a top top player, he had a dream to play for Madrid, he went there and you see from his mentality, he doesnt get to play.

Why do you think Lloris is the captain of Spurs? Because he has the mentality and brings it.. why is it not Kane? Because he has no idea what winning is.

Why do you think Manutd want players with the right mentality? We can sign anyone who scores loads of goals in Serie A... why have Varane, Martinez been so important? MENTALITY.
why did City try to sign Kane?

romufc

Ahh?

He pretty much was the catalyst of Spurs winning in multiple N.London derby's. Got Spurs back in the game vs Barca with a great goal a couple seasons ago in the CL. Was the main catalyst for Spurs win vs City last season was it? Probably the best individual performance from a player that season. He was involved in every goal including the winner, rising above Walker to head home. These are just off the top of my head.

Generally scoring goals helps you win.

Look he doesnt come across as the sharpest tool in the shed. Signed a crazy length contract. But there is no denying his quality, just he plays for Spurs. No one at Spurs is on his level. Porro? Who? Kulusevski, hes good, sure, Richarlison overrated, never worth 60mil. Bissouma, one of many similar midfielders, Son, now Son I will agree. But he blows hot and cold, on form he is world class, but can easily have lulls where he doesnt do much.

Would of been generally interested to see how he got on at City with a squad of world class players around him. Pep knows, he went in twice trying to get Levy to budge and bring him to City.

Oh yes, being a big part in winning the NLD deserves a trophy, you are right, Kane has won multiple NLD trophies, he can put them in his trophy cabinet.

Clearly you have difficulty in differentiation a top player against a WC player. I have seen games where Adel Tarabt has carried teams in singular games.

No shit, I didn't realise scoring goals helps you win, where was this in the finals and semis that Kane has played?

Spurs got to the Final of the CL, he was not part of it in the Semi where they pulled that game, he was a ghost in the final. When you need your WC players to stand up, when you need them the most, in clutch moments, he has never shown up. England WC's and Euros, Spurs have been to 2 finals, he has never shown up.

Compare this to WC players like Benzema, Ronaldo, Messi, who when it matters in big moments change games.

romufc

why did City try to sign Kane?
Why do you think they didnt pay the fee for him? They realised he isnt worth the money and they can find someone better.

They wanted someone who will score goals for them, they thought that is Kane. WHy do you think KAne didnt fully push the move?

Why do you think City didnt come back for him?

romufc

Agreed.

It's not like Kane hasn't had chances either.

He had the chance to win the Champions League in 2019 but was anonymous in the final. He bottled the second penalty against France, he was anonymous in the Euro 2020 final too.
Its quite funny during a time where everyone is giving Ten Hag credit for bringing winners, the mentality to the club, people are arguing you dont need winning mentality at the football club.

Loads of people in football score goals, Immobile in Serie A scores goals for fun.

Why is it that top World class players win big trophies? Because winning things brings a winning mentality which people do not understand.

roonster09

Scout
Why do you think they didnt pay the fee for him? They realised he isnt worth the money and they can find someone better.

They wanted someone who will score goals for them, they thought that is Kane. WHy do you think KAne didnt fully push the move?

Why do you think City didnt come back for him?
Or maybe they realized that Levy won't sell him unless they break the transfer record.

Do you know Kane didn't push for the move?

He tried and he even skipped preseason, in the end not every transfer is completed, there are multiple parties involved. Levy's agreement shouldn't decide player's winning mentality.

Why didn't City come back for him? Maybe because they found younger and better striker? Not really hard isn't it?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...raining-again-amid-man-city-transfer-interest

roonster09

Scout
Its quite funny during a time where everyone is giving Ten Hag credit for bringing winners, the mentality to the club, people are arguing you dont need winning mentality at the football club.

Loads of people in football score goals, Immobile in Serie A scores goals for fun.

Why is it that top World class players win big trophies? Because winning things brings a winning mentality which people do not understand.
Arguing imaginary points now?

I always knew Bruno had loser mentality, won 0 league titles and always knew Jones was a mentality monster.

romufc

Arguing imaginary points now?

I always knew Bruno had loser mentality, won 0 league titles and always knew Jones was a mentality monster.
That's quite funny because Bruno won stuff before he came here :lol::lol::lol: Jokes on you.

I know you dont like Bruno but please... he has winning mentality, shown by his attitude on the pitch, he wants to win...

Kane on the other hand is just happy to be at Spurs.

roonster09

Scout
That's quite funny because Bruno won stuff before he came here :lol::lol::lol: Jokes on you.

I know you dont like Bruno but please... he has winning mentality, shown by his attitude on the pitch, he wants to win...

Kane on the other hand is just happy to be at Spurs.
Yeah some Taco bell trophy.

So Rashford, Saka missing penalties decides whether Kane has winning mentality :lol:

You know I don't like Bruno? Among the shit you posted in this thread, this might be the biggest pile of shit and that takes some effort considering all your posts here.

romufc

Yeah some Taco bell trophy.

So Rashford, Saka missing penalties decides whether Kane has winning mentality :lol:

You know I don't like Bruno? Among the shit you posted in this thread, this might be the biggest pile of shit and that takes some effort considering all your posts here.
Oh so you think that a Portugese cup is a Taco bell trophy? Guess what Kane can't even win the League cup in this country... Thats disrespecting the whole league.

Looks like you only think the CL and PL are trophies? Or can a trophy only count if its in England? Bruno won both the league and FA cup equivalent in Sporting... again Kane cant even do that.

Thanks, yet you thought you should reply to my pile of shit :lol: :lol:

Oh here we go, lets blame Saka and Rashford for Kane's poor mentality. Yes, please blame the lads who were brought on to take a penalty.

roonster09

Scout
Oh so you think that a Portugese cup is a Taco bell trophy? Guess what Kane can't even win the League cup in this country... Thats disrespecting the whole league.

Looks like you only think the CL and PL are trophies? Or can a trophy only count if its in England? Bruno won both the league and FA cup equivalent in Sporting... again Kane cant even do that.

Thanks, yet you thought you should reply to my pile of shit :lol: :lol:

Oh here we go, lets blame Saka and Rashford for Kane's poor mentality. Yes, please blame the lads who were brought on to take a penalty.
Oh shame, it was Kane's poor mentality that made Saka and Rashford to take the penalty, he should have taken all those penalties to prove his winning mentality.

So if Rashford, Sancho, Saka didn't bottle the penalty that means Kane has winning mentality, a player's mentality is decided based on other player taking penalty :lol:

No, I don't think CL and PL are the only trophies, likewise I don't come up with simpleton logic "being in winning squad = winning mentality".

romufc

Oh shame, it was Kane's poor mentality that made Saka and Rashford to take the penalty, he should have taken all those penalties to prove his winning mentality.

So if Rashford, Sancho, Saka didn't bottle the penalty that means Kane has winning mentality, a player's mentality is decided based on other player taking penalty :lol:

No, I don't think CL and PL are the only trophies, likewise I don't come up with simpleton logic "being in winning squad = winning mentality".

I cant believe we are 2 years + on and people still blaming Rashford and Saka for England not winning the Euros, pretty pathetic imo.

Oh so, its fine to disrespect other leagues around Europe?

No, again let me explain it to you properly as you fail to understnad.

A top draw player who wants to be recognised as WC in my personal opinion needs to win trophies, winning trophies brings winning mentality.

Some players will play for teams with the winning mentality, when they realise they are not winning with that team, they leave in order to try win trophies. Example.. Modric and Bale.

When your mentality is scoring goals, you stay at the club scoring goals, competing for 4th place and go missing in every cup semi and final because you do not have the mentality to drag your team.

roonster09

Scout
I cant believe we are 2 years + on and people still blaming Rashford and Saka for England not winning the Euros, pretty pathetic imo.

Oh so, its fine to disrespect other leagues around Europe?

No, again let me explain it to you properly as you fail to understnad.

A top draw player who wants to be recognised as WC in my personal opinion needs to win trophies, winning trophies brings winning mentality.

Some players will play for teams with the winning mentality, when they realise they are not winning with that team, they leave in order to try win trophies. Example.. Modric and Bale.

When your mentality is scoring goals, you stay at the club scoring goals, competing for 4th place and go missing in every cup semi and final because you do not have the mentality to drag your team.
fecking hell, you can't read. No wonder you keep spouting the same nonsense. Go on and tell how I hate Rashford too.

Good day.

georgipep

You are conflating reasons and consequences, and doing it very selectively to fit your narrative.

What @roonster09 wrote should have been enough for you to realise what a load of bs you're writing but apparently not...

romufc

You are conflating reasons and consequences, and doing it very selectively to fit your narrative.

What @roonster09 wrote should have been enough for you to realise what a load of bs you're writing but apparently not...
Thanks for your response.

I am definitely conflating reasons that winning trophies gives players winning mentality.

No wonder players like Casemiro are known to have a winning mentality. Nothing to do with the fact that they have won 20 odd titles right?

georgipep

Thanks for your response.

I am definitely conflating reasons that winning trophies gives players winning mentality.

No wonder players like Casemiro are known to have a winning mentality. Nothing to do with the fact that they have won 20 odd titles right?
So, we agree that Dong Fangzhuo, Cleverly, Darron Gibson and Bebe are all winners with winning mentality, right?

romufc

So, we agree that Dong Fangzhuo, Cleverly, Darron Gibson and Bebe are all winners with winning mentality, right?
Ahhh brilliant.. come in here telling me I am conflating when you do the same.. to fit your narrative.

Again I suggest you read what I say. I said to Kane does not have the mentality to win, he hasn't shown it because he has bottled every cup semi / final, when you need your world class players to show up.

Look, if you want to compare Kane to Dong, fair enough, I am happy with that comparison. I on the other hand actually think Kane is a top draw player, which is why the Modric, Casemiro, Bale comparisons.

If you think Kane is as good as Cleverly, Gibson and them, fair play to you. I am putting Kane up there with the top players, whom I think all have shown winning mentality by winning trophies and show up in big games for their club / country. I have never used the players you have mentioned as a comparison because I think Kane is better than them but not World class.

georgipep

Ahhh brilliant.. come in here telling me I am conflating when you do the same.. to fit your narrative.

Again I suggest you read what I say. I said to Kane does not have the mentality to win, he hasn't shown it because he has bottled every cup semi / final, when you need your world class players to show up.

Look, if you want to compare Kane to Dong, fair enough, I am happy with that comparison. I on the other hand actually think Kane is a top draw player, which is why the Modric, Casemiro, Bale comparisons.

If you think Kane is as good as Cleverly, Gibson and them, fair play to you. I am putting Kane up there with the top players, whom I think all have shown winning mentality by winning trophies and show up in big games for their club / country. I have never used the players you have mentioned as a comparison because I think Kane is better than them but not World class.
So, because Kane did not score more goals, he doesn't have winning mentality? And that is him bottling, not the Tottenham team overall not being able to perform better?

But then if a player didn't score goals but was part of the winning team, did they have winning mentality?
Do you hear yourself? You are drawing an imaginary line, based on your own opinion, on who has winning mentality, and who doesn't. And that is stupid.

If you examine Spurs results since 2013/14, I think you will find that Kane has scored more winners/equalizers than anybody else in their team, which to me is exactly what someone with "winning mentality" does.