FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

ShoePolish

Conte seems to get free pass here, he's responsible for this mess too. Seems to follow same pattern everywhere he goes, starts strong, goes for vintage players to do a job for a season, falls out with board, leaves a mess.
Mindboggling how loads on here wanted him last season after enduring similar shite with Mourinho.
They need Poch back to work a miracle or stop trying to win now with this squad and go for someone up and coming like Kompany and let him build few years.

lysglimt

Scout
If the assistent is still in charge when we play them - we will walk over them. If he is fired tonight, it might be tough.

lysglimt

Scout
I am sorry, but this is the end of Spurs as a top-club. Arsenal and City are miles ahead, Chelsea and Newcastle have tons of money, we and Liverpool will strengthen.....and Spurs will lose Kane

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
People wonder why Conte set the team up the way he did. Spurs is the only team I have strange feelings for.
The papers and journalists have tried to tell us how big a club they are and are underachieving. Bullocks. They are at the same level as a CP, WH, AV and Leicester, they should be appreciative of a good cup run and stop peddling the high expectation talk.
They are lucky to have Arsenal as rivals and this makes them relevant but not a big club.

Born2Lose

Another fine mess left by Conte, appointing him after Mourinho was truly moronic by Levi

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

redcafe_reader

Conte seems to get free pass here, he's responsible for this mess too. Seems to follow same pattern everywhere he goes, starts strong, goes for vintage players to do a job for a season, falls out with board, leaves a mess.
Mindboggling how loads on here wanted him last season after enduring similar shite with Mourinho.
They need Poch back to work a miracle or stop trying to win now with this squad and go for someone up and coming like Kompany and let him build few years.
Is this actually true?

We all know Juventus goes one to win a lot after he left.

Chelsea won Europa League after he left, then Champions League.

Inter Milan secure top 4 after he left despite losing some important players, and get to a Coppa Italia final.

So his team didn't do so bad after he left? May be only Spur but they are Spur.

devil99

if we get 4 wins, 2 draws - we will get top-4 guaranteed. But 3 wins and 2 draws will probably be enough
With back four decimated by injuries and none of the remaining teams seems easy picks , I am not too confident of getting 4 out of 8. Hope I am proven wrong

Lecland07

Without Kane, they would be completely screwed.

He has scored in 21 games in the PL (more than Haaland). His goals have got them 31 points (getting draws and wins) out of their 53 this season.

Chairman Steve

That Lloris performance felt like one of those ‘they’re done at this level’ moments, like Rooney at Watford away all those years ago.

el3mel

Guy was literally there for about a year only. Are you actually blaming them for the mess that has been there ever since they reached the CL final? They are on their fourth manager since then and none of the previous 3 stayed for anything more than 1.5 years.

It's Levy.

Chairman Steve

Levy’s reportedly gone into the Spurs dressing room after the game.

TFC forum is laying the blame on the ownership, and I would say they’re right. Levy has fecked things up badly ever since binning Poch. Guys more interested in getting Beyoncé dates at the stadium rather than Champions League dates.

Abraxas

Guy was literally there for about a year only. Are you actually blaming them for the mess that has been there ever since they reached the CL final? They are on their fourth manager since then and none of the previous 3 stayed for anything more than 1.5 years.

It's Levy.
Certainly didn't help, did he. Went there, did a decent job in season 1, bought some players, completely lost his rag second season because Spurs were....fighting for top 4?! What were they supposed to be doing I wonder?

It was his job to develop Spurs as a team, it was not his job to throw his toys out of the pram and every player under the bus. You know what you're signing up for at Spurs, who exactly was he preaching to when he said they're not winners? It's a job to develop a team and he gave up.

In hindsight it is kinda Levy's fault too because it was the wrong man and wrong personality for the job that Spurs is but Conte is not without blame for not having the chops to see it through.

el3mel

Certainly didn't help, did he. Went there, did a decent job in season 1, bought some players, completely lost his rag second season because Spurs were....fighting for top 4?! What were they supposed to be doing I wonder?

It was his job to develop Spurs as a team, it was not his job to throw his toys out of the pram and every player under the bus. You know what you're signing up for at Spurs, who exactly was he preaching to when he said they're not winners? It's a job to develop a team and he gave up.

In hindsight it is kinda Levy's fault too because it was the wrong man and wrong personality for the job that Spurs is but Conte is not without blame for not having the chops to see it through.
He failed there but he wasn't the reason for Spurs downfall because they have been in a free fall for a long time now. Neither was Mourinho nor Nuno. All these failed to solve their issues, but most of their problems are bigger than the managers.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Levy’s reportedly gone into the Spurs dressing room after the game.

TFC forum is laying the blame on the ownership, and I would say they’re right. Levy has fecked things up badly ever since binning Poch. Guys more interested in getting Beyoncé dates at the stadium rather than Champions League dates.
He was messing it up a long time before that by not backing him. Summers with no transfer spend at all were inexcusable with the position they were in and the results Poch was getting.

He is the problem at Spurs, no doubt about it. They will never be successful as long as he is there.

Abraxas

He failed there but he wasn't the reason for Spurs downfall because they have been in a free fall for a long time now. Neither was Mourinho or Nuno. All these failed to solve their issues, but most of their problems are bigger than the managers.
Almost certainly, when a club goes through many managers with limited success it is usually a sign of structural issues.

But the way I see it is it is part of the managers remit to remain employable and do his bloody job. Are you helping the club or just worried about your own backside by offering up defences and criticising everyone around you?

To give an example, I doubt the structure at United has suddenly become perfect just because Ed left. We had no apparent recruitment strategy hence going for all the manager's signings, we're still owned by absent owners, and the CEO is a Glazer man. Murtough has been at the club years in various guises. Nothing about our setup suggests ideal or best in class.

But do you see the manager going apeshit, losing the players and faith of his employers? Is that likely? I think you see a man that understands the politics, knows what his job is and isn't and works to improve players and the squad. You're no good to anybody if you burn bridges early on. But that's Conte I suppose, it's why he should never be appointed to clubs that need a lot of work. That's just not in his wheelhouse.

el3mel

Almost certainly, when a club goes through many managers with limited success it is usually a sign of structural issues.

But the way I see it is it is part of the managers remit to remain employable and do his bloody job. Are you helping the club or just worried about your own backside by offering up defences and criticising everyone around you?

To give an example, I doubt the structure at United has suddenly become perfect just because Ed left. We had no apparent recruitment strategy hence going for all the manager's signings, we're still owned by absent owners, and the CEO is a Glazer man. Murtough has been at the club years in various guises. Nothing about our setup suggests ideal or best in class.

But do you see the manager going apeshit, losing the players and faith of his employers? Is that likely? I think you see a man that understands the politics, knows what his job is and isn't and works to improve players and the squad. You're no good to anybody if you burn bridges early on.
He went wrong about it in the public (though that has always been an issue of his), but criticizing the club and players in public doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't doing his job on training ground and pitch. Conte has always been critical of every club he managed but he never sulked in doing his job. He was criticizing the board even when his team was winning.

Abraxas

He went wrong about it in the public (though that has always been an issue of his), but criticizing the club and players in public doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't doing his job on training ground and pitch. Conte has always been critical of every club he managed but he never sulked in doing his job. He was criticizing the board even when his team was winning.
Sure, but in practical terms if he compromises himself in this way with his public outbursts then it doesn't really matter how good his work at the chalkboard is, or how good the training drills are. It'd be the same if you or I started lambasting our employers and coworkers and offering up a self-defence on social media. We might be technically excellent within our role but stick a fork in us, we are done and whatever project we were required to contribute to is no longer going to benefit from our skill and expertise.

This is a huge flaw in Conte's management as far as I can see. In no way is that ever going to be a positive when taken into the public sphere, these kinds of direct conversations are for boardrooms and dressing rooms. But it's up to owners what they want to do with that I guess, more fool them if they keep employing him, particularly if a ready made squad is not in place and your club needs him to show some patience and develop it.

el3mel

Sure, but in practical terms if he compromises himself in this way with his public outbursts then it doesn't really matter how good his work at the chalkboard is, or how good the training drills are. It'd be the same if you or I started lambasting our employers and coworkers and offering up a self-defence on social media. We might be technically excellent within our role but stick a fork in us, we are done and whatever project we were required to contribute to is no longer going to benefit from our skill and expertise.

This is a huge flaw in Conte's management as far as I can see. In no way is that ever going to be a positive when taken into the public sphere, these kinds of direct conversations are for boardrooms and dressing rooms. But it's up to owners what they want to do with that I guess, more fool them if they keep employing him, particularly if a ready made squad is not in place and your club needs him to show some patience and develop it.
This is a point off topic. As I said he failed here and went wrong about it in public. The point is he wasn't the reason for their down fall.

Mou Mou Land

It's good to see that order is restored:-

Arsenal do their usual end of season bottling, and Spurs flatter to deceive again. I bet Harry and agent are on the 'phone a lot tonight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's good to see that order is restored:-

Arsenal do their usual end of season bottling, and Spurs flatter to deceive again. I bet Harry and agent are on the 'phone a lot tonight.
Probably for a new contract.

Abraxas

This is a point off topic. As I said he failed here and went wrong about it in public. The point is he wasn't the reason for their down fall.
Nothing about it is off topic, it's a thread on Spurs, Conte is their last manager, you suggested he isn't responsible for their malaise, I agree in principle but also argue that he wasn't ever going to be a reason to reverse a situation, which he was employed to do. Some discussion around why that is. A completely natural chain of thoughts.

I just don't think you have a response to the ideas presented. You presented this idea around him being useful in training and as a coach after his implosion. I offered my opinion and now you want to shut that discussion down. You could have just conceded that single point, it doesn't undermine your overall view that he isn't a reason for their malaise. It was just a weak point that's hard to substantiate. It happens.

el3mel

Nothing about it is off topic, it's a thread on Spurs, Conte is their last manager, you suggested he isn't responsible for their malaise, I agree in principle but also argue that he wasn't ever going to be a reason to reverse a situation, which he was employed to do. Some discussion around why that is. A completely natural chain of thoughts.

I just don't think you have a response to the ideas presented. You presented this idea around him being useful in training and as a coach after his implosion. I offered my opinion and now you want to shut that discussion down. You could have just conceded that single point, it doesn't undermine your overall view that he isn't a reason for their malaise. It was just a weak point that's hard to substantiate. It happens.
I already said he failed there and was wrong about going about it in public. What more do you want?

lysglimt

Scout
With back four decimated by injuries and none of the remaining teams seems easy picks , I am not too confident of getting 4 out of 8. Hope I am proven wrong
well in fairness - we only need 4 wins if one of the other teams pick up max points (exception is Brighton who can afford to drop a few) - I am 99% certain that 10 points is enough from the last 8 matches