FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

mu4c_20le

Excellent sub by Mason for Moura. Randomly Lucas Moura is on the field somehow.
Lucas you bald monk fascist cnut
It's hard to find anything funny right now, but in time Klopp being an absolute cnut to the fourth official and then tearing his hamstring will be fecking hilarious.
To be fair we do find new, innovative ways of letting everyone down
I don't mind losing because we're shit or the oppo are class, but VAR bullshit and corrupt refs plus Lucas fecking moura being a useless twat are completely unacceptable.
fecking idiot cnuts.... ANY other club, ANY other game... an annoying, hated, ex-rival player equalised in the 94th minute, that's 3-3... Job done.

But not our stupid pricks... Too busy doing the fecking Pigeon dance and planning the fecking statue to fecking concentrate for 30 seconds more...

We fecking deserved that.

fecking idiot cnuts.

We didn't even deserve to be in with a shout... but when we were given a lifeline, we STILL pissed it away!

I genuinely think the players are fecking retarded.
Genuinely forgot Lucas is still there. They are making the same mistakes as us, holding on to dross for too long and signing more dross (in their case its 52 midfielders and loaning half of them).

On Dier
I don't know how much more of watching him recently I can take. The passing, the positioning, it's so fecking bad.

If he's at the heart of our defence next season then I fecking give up
If he gets a contract extension I'll burn the stadium down simple as

He costs us a goal a game and has no qualities to save him like Romero or age on his side

Should be in the side Lenglet should be playing ahead of him but he's not fecking embedded in that "core" of players he's never dropped
How much did United off us back in the day.

Better back up than Sanchez but that’s about it

Last edited:

Superunknown

Do they actually have any moderation over there?
*makes an obvious joke about sacking their moderators, replacing them with caretakers, and sacking them as well*

Levy is wiping his brow furiously over there trying to keep it all under control.

UpWithRivers

I dont get why Spurs get laughed at. They are exactly where you would expect them to be - 6th ish. The problem with Spurs is everyone thinks they are a top 4 side. They are not. If you forget about form and just look at the players do they have a better team than - Arsenal. City, Man Utd, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea? Nowhere near. They are basically Villa, Brighton level with 1 world class player - Kane and Son who is up there with the best on his day. So what do people expect?

HookedOnAPhelan

I actually googled Moura during the game, because I wondered whether he'd left without me noticing. But no, there he was, the wanker.

Abraxas

I dont get why Spurs get laughed at. They are exactly where you would expect them to be - 6th ish. The problem with Spurs is everyone thinks they are a top 4 side. They are not. If you forget about form and just look at the players do they have a better team than - Arsenal. City, Man Utd, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea? Nowhere near. They are basically Villa, Brighton level with 1 world class player - Kane and Son who is up there with the best on his day. So what do people expect?
This idea Spurs underperform confuses me somewhat, too. Top 4 would have been over par for Spurs. Which suggests the current situation is about par. Which is also why I don't understand why Conte had a meltdown.

But I guess some of the situations they continually find themselves in are comically bad. Today is another to add to the list.

ti vu

The expectation is one thing, how they seems to flatter to deceive by getting in good position early several time (league position, in game) only to throw it away.

Not this game though. Showed great fighting spirit. Got fecked by an individual mistake. It's like you can't blame us for Maguire feck up.

ti vu

This idea Spurs underperform confuses me somewhat, too. Top 4 would have been over par for Spurs. Which suggests the current situation is about par. Which is also why I don't understand why Conte had a meltdown.

But I guess some of the situations they continually find themselves in are comically bad. Today is another to add to the list.
Conte wants to win. He came with promise from Levy to invest to win. But it looks like Levy keeps on dividing the transfer budget into for the future players like Sar, Udogie, Gil... In another word, Levy saw this team as good enough, where as with Conte's ambition and to the most people, this team is not good enough to trophies. They may have gotten top 4 if Conte had been doing his best and stayed civil, but he did not sign up for that.

Abraxas

Conte wants to win. He came with promise from Levy to invest to win. But it looks like Levy keeps on dividing the transfer budget into for the future players like Sar, Udogie, Gil... In another word, Levy saw this team as good enough, where as with Conte's ambition and to the most people, this team is not good enough to trophies. They may have gotten top 4 if Conte had been doing his best and stayed civil, but he did not sign up for that.
So Levy said to him "I'm going to invest to win" (which seems completely ambiguous, or at least very general rather than comprising of a strategy because there are many ways to win) and then proceeded to go back on whatever promises he made within a short period of Conte being there, because Conte is known as an extremely patient and flexible man so this made sense to Levy.

That just doesn't work for me. Levy is many things but that course of events requires rank stupidity of the highest order. There might have been some crossed wires about the exact nature of the recruitment, or maybe Conte didn't like a few of the individuals (although at least a few have his fingerprints, I don't see how that can be argued) but that doesn't necessarily mean you blow your top as a manager. I think there's probably a bit more subtlety within this than Levy making a bare faced lie to Conte about immediately spending huge sums to buy winning players, something that Tottenham have never been associated with and can't afford so why would that ever be promised?

I don't know for sure, it's just my feeling but I reckon there's a bit of give and take. Maybe Conte didn't like some things Levy did but ultimately they were sitting relatively well in the league, the main disappointment was a disaster in the cups but then Conte's explosion was out of proportion to the situation.

ti vu

So Levy said to him "I'm going to invest to win" (which seems completely ambiguous, or at least very general rather than comprising of a strategy because there are many ways to win) and then proceeded to go back on whatever promises he made within a short period of Conte being there, because Conte is known as an extremely patient and flexible man so this made sense to Levy.

That just doesn't work for me. Levy is many things but that course of events requires rank stupidity of the highest order. There might have been some crossed wires about the exact nature of the recruitment, or maybe Conte didn't like a few of the individuals (although at least a few have his fingerprints, I don't see how that can be argued) but that doesn't necessarily mean you blow your top as a manager. I think there's probably a bit more subtlety within this than Levy making a bare faced lie to Conte about immediately spending huge sums to buy winning players, something that Tottenham have never been associated with and can't afford so why would that ever be promised?

I don't know for sure, it's just my feeling but I reckon there's a bit of give and take. Maybe Conte didn't like some things Levy did but ultimately they were sitting relatively well in the league, the main disappointment was a disaster in the cups but then Conte's explosion was out of proportion to the situation.
Levy is every bit like that. He didn't sign any players for two transfer windows, which pissed off someone as meek as Poch to go publicly. Kane was sweettalked into signing the deal, but Levy didn't pick up the phone when City came knocking. Kane even refused to return to training. Kane is anything but trouble maker.

Conte refused to come in summer 2021. Conte only came after Levy sacked Nuno Santo. It's not even subtle that Conte demands backing in transfer market. He made it every clear 2022 January, just few months at Spurs, he would be ready to leave if he's not given money to purchase.

The frustration of being kicked out of the cups is one thing, he disliked the culture at the club. Fighting for top 4 is not good enough for Conte. He wanted out if this is the main objective. We're talking about a guys who walked out of Juventus and Inter as reigning champions because they said no to his demand for immediate future.

Abraxas

Levy is every bit like that. He didn't sign any players for two transfer windows, which pissed off someone as meek as Poch to go publicly. Kane was sweettalked into signing the deal, but Levy didn't pick up the phone when City came knocking. Kane even refused to return to training. Kane is anything but trouble maker.

Conte refused to come in summer 2021. Conte only came after Levy sacked Nuno Santo. It's not even subtle that Conte demands backing in transfer market. He made it every clear 2022 January, just few months at Spurs, he would be ready to leave if he's not given money to purchase.
Conte did get backing in the market. It can only be in the type of players the club pursued, as I don't see any other valid complaint given they spent a good total in the short tenure of Conte. Maybe the players he got were not what he expected or was promised, but that is not the same as not being given money.

If Levy truly did say to Conte that he was going to be competing for the Casemiro's of this world, the proven winners and Conte actually lapped that up, it seems to require stupidity on Levy's part to think that situation could sustain itself, and naivety on the part of Conte to believe that and I don't think either is very likely. Conte even alluded to the history of Tottenham in his rant, so he is simultaneously aware of Spurs' station in the PL that they're not the biggest spenders, or serial winners, yet he was also believing of the fact that miracle money would be available to challenge for league titles. It doesn't make a bit of sense.

ti vu

Conte did get backing in the market. It can only be in the type of players the club pursued, as I don't see any other valid complaint given they spent a good total in the short tenure of Conte. Maybe the players he got were not what he expected or was promised, but that is not the same as not being given money.

If Levy truly did say to Conte that he was going to be competing for the Casemiro's of this world, the proven winners and Conte actually lapped that up, it seems to require stupidity on Levy's part to think that situation could sustain itself, and naivety on the part of Conte to believe that and I don't think either is very likely. Conte even alluded to the history of Tottenham in his rant, so he is simultaneously aware of Spurs' station in the PL that they're not the biggest spenders, or serial winners, yet he was also believing of the fact that miracle money would be available to challenge for league titles. It doesn't make a bit of sense.
The bolded part is very much this.
Conte: I want X player.
Levy: Let's sign Y player instead, because Y can be as good as X 2 years from now.

Money being exchanged, but that's not spent for Conte plan. Levy was not stupid, he only gave out 1 and half contract with option for another year. He needed Conte after the series of feck up: sacking Mourinho before League Cup final after ESL announcement. Appointing Nuno Santo who predictably failed quickly and badly.

He believes in himself more than you give him credit for. Conte tries to get successful in short contract time frame. Conte won PL before. He beat Arsenal last year in top 4 race. As this season, Arsenal shot up to become title contender, and even us was at one time was close to City. Conte had Inter ran close to Juventus and made EL final in his first Inter season. He ended Juventus dominance the following which is huge feat. He wanted to change Spurs fortune, but in the end accepted defeat, but throwing punch at the club itself/Levy.

So he wants no shit from Levy no longer. Simple as that.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Absolutely the wrong next move for Spurs would be to hire a manager off the back of a nightmare season with a team of better footballers, whose previous side are statistically the most improved attacking side in the league without him.

So….Potter in at the end of the season?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I know Chelsea are trash and I know we're the real laughing stock of this season but I don't care.

Allow me my schadenfreude, it's all I have this season.

Gazza

I know Chelsea are trash and I know we're the real laughing stock of this season but I don't care.

The guy on the right comes across like an actor playing the role of a football fanatic and not doing an amazing job.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax

As an Ajax fan there could not be a player giving away the 4-3 more deserving than Moura.

Cloud7

I can't say I expect more of them but that doesn't mean it's not funny to laugh at.

Spurs do a good job of getting themselves into relatively good positions (relative to their spend/squad) but then end up falling behind, which is funny.

Then there's always Sir Alex's comment 'Lads its Spurs' plus Chiellini saying 'It's the legacy of the Tottenham'

They, rightly or wrongly are a bit of a meme team, and it's funny to laugh it.

NoLogo

Of course, I always have to laugh a bit if Tottenham inevitably bottles it, they are basically a meme club at this stage, but I still have to give them credit, at least they fought back against Liverpool and made it a close game which could have gone their way on another, okay who am I kidding, it's Tottenham, it couldn't have, but still they put up a real fight, more than can be said about our players.

galwayfa

Glazers own Man utd, american owns Chelsea, Fsg liverpool, who owns Spurs?

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
"Now let's see this out blud (3-3)... What the feck you (Moura) doing??? Nooo, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY GOD! NOOOOOOOO !!!! FFS !!! WHY ME? WHY? WHY??? I'm done, I'M FECKING DONE ! I'M FINISHED !!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this guy to bits, he's absolutely awesome.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think this might it for them as top 4 team.

They need to get the summer perfect and then hope Liverpool and Chelsea don't get better.

City are a given for top 4
I doubt Arsenal will regress enough to fall out
United idk
Newcastle will probably spend big again so they'll be in the mix
Liverpool I think will be better
Chelsea surely won't be as bad
Brighton are dark horses but I think it'll be de Zerbi's first real test

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It really will be a great chapter in The History of the Tottenham if they manage to be in and around top 4 most of the season only to finish below a Villa side who were in the relegation scrap five minutes ago.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Oh well, at least they've got a cheese room and a billion pounds of debt from the stadium...