FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Lost bear

They looked shit tonight. Which is what I was posting about.
They were quite poor. A great goal, but Burnley actually had several decent chances and might have won it. So much luck involved in the way that cookie crumbles.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Did Glaston own all the Spurs accounts on here? Seems like they all disappeared at the same time as him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No idea. You would think they would a couple of young up and coming CB's who could play though. Although with Postecoglu it seems he will not change his style under any circumstances, so the CB's would be expected to stand on the halfway line, have the recovery speed to get back, and be comfortable playing out from the back under an aggressive press.
They signed a guy from Blackburn in the summer but he probably isn't quite ready to put in when you think Udogie and Porro are both young and fairly new to the prem as full backs so you do need experience either side of them to talk them through matches.

Seems they're going all in to get the Romanian CB from Genoa so he'll probably start at Old Trafford if they sign him early next week.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Bayern is trying to hijack the Dragusin deal
Is he really that big of a deal? Never heard of him until Spurs were looking at him. Certainly not mentioned under any of the 'next wonderkids' posts, I remember the hype around De Ligt was stratospheric. Seems like Spurs are his level and he has a lot of growing as a player to do before the likes of the European giants are interested.

aeh1991

Is he really that big of a deal? Never heard of him until Spurs were looking at him. Certainly not mentioned under any of the 'next wonderkids' posts, I remember the hype around De Ligt was stratospheric. Seems like Spurs are his level and he has a lot of growing as a player to do before the likes of the European giants are interested.
I agree with you, he seems like a decent player for a team like Spurs and Bayern are looking for a 4th CB. It's just fun that Bayern who would have been willing to sign Eric Dier, suddenly want him. After the Kane transfer saga, I can feel there is some rivalry there.

JuriM

Have they moved to a back 3 under Tuchel? Because their CB options are pretty ridiculous: de Ligt, KMJ and Upamecano.
And that's it, are 3 players for 2 positions enough for a side who wants to go to the final of every cup and have 34 league games? They are ridiculously low of depth there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
And that's it, are 3 players for 2 positions enough for a side who wants to go to the final of every cup and have 34 league games? They are ridiculously low of depth there.
Yeah agreed, I just haven't kept abreast of what's happening there but they had Hernandez who was an expensive signing as well - but i think he's at PSG? Then they had Pavard and Sule who have both moved on as well. But yeah, can see where Dragusin fits in, albeit he best be happy with being 4th choice.
de Ligts been injured for a while. Not sure why they'd want him either unless they've decided to flog one of them in the Summer.
Thanks bud. Yeah, it's a difficult balancing act having 3 "such talented" CB's (I don't want to use the word world class too easily) - even if it is just for 2 positions. Adding another surely means Dragusin comes full well knowing he'll be 4th choice. Anyway, still great options to have. Embarassment of riches when everyone is fit - as the saying goes.

aeh1991

Have they moved to a back 3 under Tuchel? Because their CB options are pretty ridiculous: de Ligt, KMJ and Upamecano.
They are looking for a CB and/or RB because KMJ and Mazraoui are at Asian cup and AFCON. They are also linked with Dier and Mukiele.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I still do not get why the hype all of a sudden around this player. Went from virtually unknown to being wanted by one of the biggest clubs in Europe and a prem top 4 contender.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
They are looking for a CB and/or RB because KMJ and Mazraoui are at Asian cup and AFCON. They are also linked with Dier and Mukiele.
They would be insane if they go for Dier. Ange prefers to play fullbacks as center backs than playing Dier, I totally think he's completely washed up.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I still do not get why the hype all of a sudden around this player. Went from virtually unknown to being wanted by one of the biggest clubs in Europe and a prem top 4 contender.
Werner? I think it's a loan just to give some more temporary depth, it doesn't even have a mandatory buying clause. He will be back to Leipzig at the end of the season.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Djed Spence joins Genoa?! Slightly random for him.
He goes to a competitive team who's doing a very good season, it's actually an upgrade from Leeds. But if reports about his lack of discipline are real, let's say it would be good for him to not do the same at Genoa. Their ultras are really mad.

caid

Doesn't seem a crazy decision to me. He should be a starter or at least knocking on the door for spurs. Even if he's great he'll have a hard time keeping Kim and the other two out of the team at bayern.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah, think it's sensible too. He'd be realistically 4th choice at Bayern. At Spurs he'd go in as 3rd but have a very realistic chance too take Romero's spot given how he's suspended a lot.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't seem a crazy decision to me. He should be a starter or at least knocking on the door for spurs. Even if he's great he'll have a hard time keeping Kim and the other two out of the team at bayern.
I actually respect it, if it is the way the agent described it. Bayern came in after he’s already verbally agreed to join Spurs. That’s pretty cool to see.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
4th choice at Bayern, would just be a bench warmer, get a game occasionally. No way he is starting over their arguably world class CB's.

Romero is a walking suspension waiting to happen. And VDV is injured, Dragusin plays all day over Royal and Davies at CB.

Has a real chance of playing a lot at Spurs, which as a young player you need. Reminds me a bit of the Eriksen transfer to Spurs where City came in for him. But he opted to walk into the Spurs starting 11 rather than sit on the bench behind Silva at City.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Don't know much about the defender, but seems highly rated, so on paper that's a couple of decent signings for Spurs for a very reasonable outlay.

I think the Werner signing for them is quite smart. Low risk, pace to burn, i think would suit Ange's type of football. Not sure it will ever click again for him in terms of being that goal scorer he turned into at Leipzig, but he'll always be a threat.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Did Glaston own all the Spurs accounts on here? Seems like they all disappeared at the same time as him.
I lurk but honestly a lot of the arrogance around the Kane transfer was off putting.

It's just become such a common cycle. Crap all over the Spurs players/manager but the second there's a rumour they're available then everyone here is salivating.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I actually respect it, if it is the way the agent described it. Bayern came in after he’s already verbally agreed to join Spurs. That’s pretty cool to see.
I respect that as well, it certainly takes spine.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs are making very smart signings. We need to sort ourselves out sharpish.

Are they though? An unknown defender and a Chelsea flop, yes they are cover, which is needed, but certainly not taking Spurs to the next level.