FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good work
Surely Man. United fans would've wanted Spurs to drop points? You aren't finishing above Liverpool but far too early in the season to just write off finishing above Spurs aswell.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Weren't they 2nd or 3rd under Conte at this stage last season? Of course they're playing better football but squad depth really isn't there considering who they were bringing on at 1-1 today unless they've got 4-5 major injuries currently? Richarlison as CF for these games is going to remain a problem aswell.

They're doing well but I'd be amazed if they got close to 80 points this season as it's a long old season albeit one game a week will help them up to December.
Johnson, Perisic, Sess, Lo Celso and Gil are all injured currently (as is Bentancaur but different position) so essentially all our attacking options beyond our starting 11 are all simultaneously injured, which definitely reduces ability to change games from the bench.

Still very very early in the season of course though. Genuinely still just enjoying watching us play football again.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Johnson, Perisic, Sess, Lo Celso and Gil are all injured currently (as is Bentancaur but different position) so essentially all our attacking options beyond our starting 11 are all simultaneously injured, which definitely reduces ability to change games from the bench.

Still very very early in the season of course though. Genuinely still just enjoying watching us play football again.
Completely forgot about Johnson already (was wondering why Richi was still starting as CF in this type of game). Yeah you'd probably have scored earlier v 10 men if you had him on the pitch as he's a very good forward for a counter attack game.

Not sure on the others, thought Gil had been loaned to another Spanish team and Lo Celso dosen't really want to be there so will go out in January. Bentancur is quality but given it's an ACL it will take him a few months to get up to speed. He'll be very good player for Ange system though alongside Bissouma.

Spurs can certainly challenge for top 4 playing just once a week up to December so key is to take as many points as possible up to that period.

Bwuk

Bissouma - what a turn around. Him and Maddison together in that midfield is a joy to watch.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Surely Man. United fans would've wanted Spurs to drop points? You aren't finishing above Liverpool but far too early in the season to just write off finishing above Spurs aswell.
:houllier: Do you seriously expect any sort of sympathy or support towards Pool from United fans? If they won this they would've been top having played 3 of the tougher away games and getting players sent off every other week. The more points they drop the better.

PL will most likely be getting 5 CL spots so we have to worry more about the teams currently between 5th-8th. Good thing is that all those four teams are in Europe this season (unlike last season except WH) so they are bound to be inconsistent when the games seriously start to pile up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
:houllier: Do you seriously expect any sort of sympathy or support towards Pool from United fans? If they won this they would've been top having played 3 of the tougher away games and getting players sent off every other week. The more points they drop the better.

PL will most likely be getting 5 CL spots so we have to worry more about the teams currently between 5th-8th. Good thing is that all those four teams are in Europe this season (unlike last season except WH) so they are bound to be inconsistent when the games seriously start to pile up.
Liverpool were only drawing though, could understand the reaction more if they'd been 2-1 up and Spurs got back to 2-2 so then both your rivals drop points which is always the ideal outcome.

Just seems an odd mentality on here to constantly cheer for Man. City because they don't count anymore because it would be cringy on social media if Arsenal won the title or whatever.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool were only drawing though, could understand the reaction more if they'd been 2-1 up and Spurs got back to 2-2 so then both your rivals drop points which is always the ideal outcome.

Just seems an odd mentality on here to constantly cheer for Man. City because they don't count anymore because it would be cringy on social media if Arsenal won the title or whatever.
They have been rooting for City for the last 6-7 yrs. They claim their success doesn’t count as long as it keeps the Liverpools and the Arsenals of the world from winning. Rooting for a team that’s bad for the league and has taken over their city.

Samid

Liverpool were on a 19 match unbeaten run. We've seen in the past how demonic they are when they go on unbeaten runs. They've come from behind several times with a man down already this season. They should've been a goal up with 10 men and then they almost held out for 20 mins with 9 men. If you don't know how to lose games you keep finding ways to not lose games. So thankfully their run ended yesterday.

No United fan wishes Liverpool anything good. feck Liverpool. It's not rocket science.

Samid

They have been rooting for City for the last 6-7 yrs. They claim their success doesn’t count as long as it keeps the Liverpools and the Arsenals of the world from winning. Rooting for a team that’s bad for the league and has taken over their city.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Mr. no league titles with crowds for 35 years.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You lot were rooting for City for several years back when Ferguson was still our manager.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So? We’re hardly gonna root for Liverpool are we

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So? We’re hardly gonna root for Liverpool are we
There's also the fact that, while we might hate both teams, only one of them is one title behind our total... so, in a forced choice between two horrible sets of shit rival cnuts, I'll take the one who are still double figures of titles behind our 20.

Hardly rocket science.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There's also the fact that, while we might hate both teams, only one of them is one title behind our total... so, in a forced choice between two horrible sets of shit rival cnuts, I'll take the one who are still double figures of titles behind our 20.

Hardly rocket science.
Agreed. Arsenal and city are nothing to me other than a tough match, I don’t hate them. Whereas I do actually hate Liverpool. Maybe it’s because I’m a child of the 70s

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Liverpool were on a 19 match unbeaten run. We've seen in the past how demonic they are when they go on unbeaten runs. They've come from behind several times with a man down already this season. They should've been a goal up with 10 men and then they almost held out for 20 mins with 9 men. If you don't know how to lose games you keep finding ways to not lose games. So thankfully their run ended yesterday.

No United fan wishes Liverpool anything good. feck Liverpool. It's not rocket science.
Yeah I get that. Wanting Man. City to win the league last season just because Arsenal Fan TV would be lauding it if they ever won the league again though, that's an odd one to me. ;)

Zora

Yeah I get that. Wanting Man. City to win the league last season just because Arsenal Fan TV would be lauding it if they ever won the league again though, that's an odd one to me. ;)
Why do you care? You’re a Villa fan. Who do your lot prefer to win the league at Villa Talk?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why do you care? You’re a Villa fan. Who do your lot prefer to win the league at Villa Talk?
Forest are the only prem team that's mildly liked on the Other Football forum. :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I wondered if the injuries and red cards might destabilise them beyond tonight, but they've got a lot of spirit and belief. Think they'd have won this one comfortably with 11 men. Be interesting to see their reaction next week but it wouldn't surprise me if they bounce back straight away. They have a tough run coming up though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs can take plenty out of that second half. They also moved a ball at a frightening pace first 20 minutes and were half a yard off going 2-0 up and probably winning the game before the implosion.

Actually curious what they do v Wolves as they'll be facing a very low block indeed and Maddison probably isn't making it.

Then after the break it's us at home and Man. City away....Bissouma and Sarr on 4 yellows so they'll be losing more first choice midfielders in coming weeks although Bentancur fully fit is excellent tempo midfielder.

Don't they have any CBs though? I was under the impression Dier had been totally frozen out like Lloris and here he is coming on as their backup tonight. Emerson Royal also more of a fullback. That's where they'll be exposed over the next month so they need to continue scoring 2 or 3 a game.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Spurs can take plenty out of that second half. They also moved a ball at a frightening pace first 20 minutes and were half a yard off going 2-0 up and probably winning the game before the implosion.

Actually curious what they do v Wolves as they'll be facing a very low block indeed and Maddison probably isn't making it.

Then after the break it's us at home and Man. City away....Bissouma and Sarr on 4 yellows so they'll be losing more first choice midfielders in coming weeks although Bentancur fully fit is excellent tempo midfielder.

Don't they have any CBs though? I was under the impression Dier had been totally frozen out like Lloris and here he is coming on as their backup tonight. Emerson Royal also more of a fullback. That's where they'll be exposed over the next month so they need to continue scoring 2 or 3 a game.
I kind of think the opposite. It was fecking suicide stuff and a half decent side would have been about 8-1 up. Chelsea just happened to be brainless. It was unnecessarily dogmatic - 9 men, both first choice CBs off, but going to play our line on the half way line?!

I think if they play like that against Wolves, they'll do an absolute number on them.

They're lucky the international break is coming, so maybe Maddison will be back after that, but it's gonna be a rough old next 3 games.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

Bentancur is real quality, he is not at the races yet though.

From what I can see Dier is the only backup CB, they have some kids obviously, as any club does, in the under 21's and such. But for direct match ready CB's I think Dier is it.

No direct replacement for Maddison, Lo Celso probably the closest they have.

Whatever happened to Sessegnon, Perisic? I mean Davies and Perisic are past it but Sessegnon even still on Spurs books?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I kind of think the opposite. It was fecking suicide stuff and a half decent side would have been about 8-1 up. Chelsea just happened to be brainless. It was unnecessarily dogmatic - 9 men, both first choice CBs off, but going to play our line on the half way line?!

I think if they play like that against Wolves, they'll do an absolute number on them.

They're lucky the international break is coming, so maybe Maddison will be back after that, but it's gonna be a rough old next 3 games.
Man. City would be ultra ruthless and stick 6-7 past them.

Wolves will miss Neto but Cunha will enjoy his one on ones v Eric Dier I think.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bentancur is real quality, he is not at the races yet though.

From what I can see Dier is the only backup CB, they have some kids obviously, as any club does, in the under 21's and such. But for direct match ready CB's I think Dier is it.

No direct replacement for Maddison, Lo Celso probably the closest they have.

Whatever happened to Sessegnon, Perisic? I mean Davies and Perisic are past it but Sessegnon even still on Spurs books?
Perisic out for season with ACL. Sessegnon constantly injured in 2023.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I think a lot of direct sides would have battered them, the amount of space they left in behind. Diaby and Watkins would have had an absolute field day, felt very naive.

Ah yeah I forgot Neto was out. Still, I think they'll cause them a lot of problems.

AndyMUFC

Spurs were due a freak loss like that. The real test for tehm will be how they respond to it.

STYLOISRED

7? It would get to 9. Chelsea managed to create something like 8 chances in this match. Mancity would destroy them.

Tyrion

The Spurs defence was flatter than a rugby team's. They had about 6 players in the backline and the forwards just stood around daring Chelsea to play it over them. It was hilarious.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Manchester City would stick 7 past any 9 man team, whether they parked the bus or played a high line, let's be serious now. They stuck 6 past a more conservative 11 man Bournemouth team last week in low gear

croadyman

Spurs were due a freak loss like that. The real test for tehm will be how they respond to it.
Yeah they are gonna be down at least 3 first XI players against Wolves on Sat. They have just got a little taste of what it's gonna be like to have neither of main CB's available. Then you throw in that injury to Maddison and this will be huge test of their character and squad.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Lets see how Spurs fare without both Van de Ven and Maddison, both out till the new year.

Richarlison also out for a month, but not such a big loss for them.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
They have been able to play almost the same starting XI all year so far, with only 13 players starting 2+ matches compared to 21 for United, 19 for Arsenal, 17 for City, Liverpool, and Chelsea. The next couple months will be a big test of their squad and Ange's abilities as a manager.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They are done, stick a fork in them. Injury list
Perisic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Sessegnon
Maddison
Soloman
Davies

Then on top of this you have Romero suspended for 3 games and Udogie for 1.

The only match ready backup CB they have is Dier who in no way is suited to a high line. im guessing they will put Hojbjerg in as a makeshift CB. No direct replacement for Maddison, maybe Lo Celso? No LB at all, will have to deploy Royal out there I guess.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Perisic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Sessegnon
Maddison
Soloman
Davies

The only match ready backup CB they have is Dier who in no way is suited to a high line. im guessing they will put Hojbjerg in as a makeshift CB. No direct replacement for Maddison, maybe Lo Celso? No LB at all, will have to deploy Royal out there I guess.
Davies is back. Season saved ;)

RVN1991

Perisic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Sessegnon
Maddison
Soloman
Davies

Yeah they'll probably have to play that Phillips kid they bought from Blackburn during the summer. They'll have to throw Bentancur into the mix faster than they maybe would've liked, switching to a more conservative midfield of Bissouma/Bentancur/Sarr. LB looks really grim.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Lets see how Spurs fare without both Van de Ven and Maddison, both out till the new year.

Richarlison also out for a month, but not such a big loss for them.
like a new signing.