FC Bayern 16/17 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
This is from yesterday evening.

This is not as it was on the tactics board, in theory. These are the centers of the movement heat maps of each player across 90 minutes. Perfect symmetry?

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Do you guys think any players other than Lahm and Alonso are leaving? Maybe Costa or another loan for Badstuber? 5 CBs is a bit much.
If Kimmich moves to RB and Badstuber comes back, Martinez could be that CM replacement. Otherwise Bayern needs to buy someone. Although they are quite different player types, i think Dahoud or Goretzka could become an option. If i remember correctly their contracts are running out in 2018 so they could be available and not too expensive.

KingNick

Do you guys think any players other than Lahm and Alonso are leaving? Maybe Costa or another loan for Badstuber? 5 CBs is a bit much.
If Kimmich moves to RB and Badstuber comes back, Martinez could be that CM replacement. Otherwise Bayern needs to buy someone. Although they are quite different player types, i think Dahoud or Goretzka could become an option. If i remember correctly their contracts are running out in 2018 so they could be available and not too expensive.
Badstuber's contract runs out in the summer. Also Ancelotti said that in the long run he wants to play Martinez back in midfield.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Also Ancelotti said that in the long run he wants to play Martinez back in midfield.
Did he? Iirc, it was more along the line of "I know he can play there, too".
As for the question, I don't think Badstuber will return. Also, could see us selling Costa, if we have our hands on another winger. Wouldn't mind a Sanchez-Costa swap.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Badstuber's contract runs out in the summer. Also Ancelotti said that in the long run he wants to play Martinez back in midfield.
I don't think you can loan a player who's contract is running out so I'm pretty sure they extended it.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Badstuber extended his contract, by 1 year i think, before he went on loan.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Doubt Costa will leave, he just wants a pay rise.

KingNick

Did he? Iirc, it was more along the line of "I know he can play there, too".
As for the question, I don't think Badstuber will return. Also, could see us selling Costa, if we have our hands on another winger. Wouldn't mind a Sanchez-Costa swap.
I'd love that.

Suedesi

Yeah I guess you are right. His style is so spectacular that he's the player that will elicit feverish bids, and it's likely we'll not participate when it gets like that, as we rarely ever do.

But that's just the thing. Are we going to keep buying Costas for 30 millions € (make that, inflation wise, ~40 million in future windows) or are we going to compete for the real top players? As I said, Dembele's the real deal. Coman likely not, at least to that extent.

We let Sané and De Bruyne join City, as it seems, because we weren't willing to pay the fees needed to get them (both would have gladly joined us). You can argue each case's worthwileness individually, but a picture emerges where our being stingy, or 'prudent'/moderate/.., leaves us with worse players than our European competitors. I'd definitively have either one over Alexis.

Speaking of which, I still haven't fully figured out these affairs. This reeks to me, it's fishy. While Pep is our coach, we decline De Bruyne and let him go to City, yet Pep already knows he himself will be taking over City? Pep's mercenary 'I'm a butterfly' attitude was definitively problematic in this regard, for the squad planning of clubs.
Thing is De Bruyne wouldn't get playing time for another 2 years at the time he became available.
Seems to me KDB went for the money more than anything. Bayern wasn't going to give him what City did. No way are Bayern breaking the bank De Bruyne just bc he was Buli best player once. De Bruyne wanted a lot of money especially after City came in play. Bayern was like "fck that, he's no Neymar".

Suedesi

I wouldn't bet on us trying to pull off "crazy" things. The 3 pillars of our squad building philosophy will still be 1) secure the best domestic talent, 2) be somewhat willing to place bets on foreign prospects like Coman or Sanches, and 3) trying scoop up class players who are relatively cheap due special circumstances, like Rib or Rob in the past. Sanchez could very well be the next one fitting this bracket.
And 4) ruthlessness. No coach or player is irreplaceable if they don't perform. Organization trumps anyone

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Thing is De Bruyne wouldn't get playing time for another 2 years at the time he became available.
Seems to me KDB went for the money more than anything. Bayern wasn't going to give him what City did. No way are Bayern breaking the bank De Bruyne just bc he was Buli best player once. De Bruyne wanted a lot of money especially after City came in play. Bayern was like "fck that, he's no Neymar".
According to De Coster, De Bruyne's agent, we already had an agreement with him. We just didn't want to meet Wolfsburgs expectations. That's where City came in.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Source? According to TM his contract runs out on 30.06.2017.
Media reported that, according to DFB regulations, one can not lease a player to another club when his contract ends in that period, so they guessed he must have received a contract extension until at least 2018.
Apparently, nothing official of that kind was made official by the club or the player.

With Süle coming in, i don't think they will retrieve Badstuber, which is sad. I hope he plays a hell of a Rückrunde and someone lures Beau Hummels to China.

KingNick

Media reported that, according to DFB regulations, one can not lease a player to another club when his contract ends in that period, so they guessed he must have received a contract extension until at least 2018.
Apparently, nothing official of that kind was made official by the club or the player.

With Süle coming in, i don't think they will retrieve Badstuber, which is sad. I hope he plays a hell of a Rückrunde and someone lures Beau Hummels to China.
Just looked it up and you are right. The relevant statute is Section 5 Number 2 "Lizenzordnung Spieler" under which a player may only be loaned out to another club if the contractual relationship between the player and club extends beyond the loan period: http://s.bundesliga.de/assets/doc/1060000/1059630_original.pdf

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I think both Barca and yourselves were pathetic but agree that end of the day beating a half arsed Barca is still a much bigger achievement than beating you lot.
P.S.G. were fast, aggressive and always played at one touch, while Bayern just waited for us to make a mistake.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This is from yesterday evening.

This is not as it was on the tactics board, in theory. These are the centers of the movement heat maps of each player across 90 minutes. Perfect symmetry?
Looks as static as our game in most of the matches. Coincidence?!

SirMattBugsby

Are we going to keep buying Costas for 30 millions € (make that, inflation wise, ~40 million in future windows) or are we going to compete for the real top players? As I said, Dembele's the real deal. Coman likely not, at least to that extent.

We let Sané and De Bruyne join City, as it seems, because we weren't willing to pay the fees needed to get them (both would have gladly joined us). You can argue each case's worthwileness individually, but a picture emerges where our being stingy, or 'prudent'/moderate/.., leaves us with worse players than our European competitors. I'd definitively have either one over Alexis.
To be honest, this is what I like about Bayern. You guys do not buy into the insanity of the transfer market and get the profile of player you need at sensible prices. And Costa's not that bad, right?

The only problem with such an approach is you might pass up the chance to sign a really special player (like, as you say, Dembele). Even then, Bayern fare well because of proper squad management. For all the player quality at Real and Barça, you still match them as a team.

So unless you are missing out on the next Messi or Ronaldo, there isn't much to worry about. Acquire the special talent at young age and bring them to your academy, safe from the greedy millionaires and their fantasy teams :)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Bayern Munich 5-1 Arsenal: Three things we learned as Thiago & Co. ran riot against Arsenal

Since the departure of Pep Guardiola last summer, it was almost impossible to demand the same football in which the Spaniard demanded from his Munich team, the artistry which Bayern fans were used to was always going to fade in ways and head into a new direction under Carlo Ancelotti. The Bundesliga leaders have come under some criticism from the die Bayern faithful with the style in which the Germans have adapted too, but some questions were answered after a truly brutal demolition of Premier League giants Arsenal.

Ancelotti’s side were a joy to watch, they pressed/overloaded transitions in all phases/counter-attacked and played some football in which you only dream of watching. It showed glimpses of what Bayern possessed in 2015 after oozing brilliance all over the pitch. It was the way they were playing, from the first minute they dominated possession but was so positive in play. Xabi Alonso especially was showing why he is an expert on the ‘regista’ role as he broke Arsenal’s line with ease and orchestrated the team throughout.

It was a replica of the 2015 victory at the Allianz Arena for the home side as they ran riot with a 5-1 victory thanks to goals form Thiago, Robert Lewandowski, Arjen Robben, and Thomas Müller. The result has almost guaranteed a place in the Champions League QF after a truly superlative display. GGFN look at three things we learned from their impressive display.

Arjen Robben and Phillip Lahm prove that age is just a number

When you talk about fine wine, you think of the concept in which it gets that much better as the years go by, and you see similarities within this age old saying to Robben and Philipp Lahm who still possess top performances on a consistent basis, despite ageing.

Despite both players being 33-years-old, they are replicating performances of which they showed in their peak years. Last night Robben scored his trademark goal which he has replicated throughout his successful career. The Dutchman found room on his left foot after a drop of the shoulder opened space from four Arsenal players before guiding it excellently past a hapless David Ospina.

You know, maybe the Arsenal players didn’t realise Robben was so deadly on his left-foot, but the whole of Germany/rest of Europe watching certainly knew, and from an Arsenal perspective, it summed up their disorganisation within defensive phases.

Whilst behind him, Lahm was building-up play, being an outlet in offensive phases but was perfect yet again in defensive transitions as Alex Iwobi was shadowed out of the game. Lahm announced he will retire at the end of season and despite Bayern having masses of money and colossal talent in their ranks, replacing Lahm, one of the best ever will be something close too impossible.

Thiago continues to shine

Thiago Alcântara has without a doubt been Bayern’s most exciting player to watch this season after overcoming his torrid injury misfortunes. The Spaniard was causing the Gunners all sorts of problems and gave the midfield/defence a headache whenever he was in possession. The 26-year-old drove Bayern forward, dominated the midfield and often received the ball on the half-turn gave plenty of time to create/dictate whilst putting Arsenal under relentless pressure.

His performance was one of the best in the CL this season, he would drift into the half-space to ensure space is created for others but ultimately look to do the damage in the No. 10 role, and certainly showed Mesut Özil how it was done on the big occasion.

The Bayern magician scored two in seven minutes and was at the heart of the game’s most outstanding moments including his superlative goal which saw Lewandowski split open the Arsenal centre-backs with an immense back heel which led to Thiago easily slotting past a helpless Ospina.

If it wasn’t for Marco Verratti’s wonderful performance vs. Barcelona, you could argue that his performance was the best in the CL this season. He was wonderful to watch, as many would say he was at the heart of the ‘champagne’ football which Bayern possessed in a 10/10 display. If Thiago stays fit and firing, he won’t only lead the Germans to another Bundesliga, but maybe the Champions League trophy too.

Bayern miss Jerome Boateng, despite the routine victory

Despite only conceding one goal throughout the 90 minutes, Jerome Boateng’s absence at the back is clearly visible and is an obvious miss for Ancelotti’s men. The German international is the heart of the central defence and the Germans are much calmer/composed at in defensive phases with their 6ft3 man at the back.

Despite the score-line, Arsenal had two very good chances in the first half to pull away from Bayern, both Özil and Xhaka should have put the Gunners ahead after finding plenty of space in and around the box. Martinez/Hummels also struggled to deal with movement, especially from the likes of Sanchez/Ox who made several runs into strong areas which highlighted their defensive frailties in dealing with pace.

In defensive transitions, they seemed to struggle and were lucky Arsenal weren’t more clinical in front of goal as they certainly could have had three or four away goals going into the second leg, but luckily for the Bundesliga leaders, they are heading into the second-leg in a very comfortable position.

By Chris.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I thought Bayern fans were on Thiago's neck, only a few weeks back.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No, not really. He has been Bayern's best player this season. His last season was a bit crap, I give you that. Maybe that's what still rings in your head?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Let's take note of an excellent performance by Müller.

Surely not hindered by HSV's level of defending, but nonetheless. Maybe things are looking up.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Thiago has always had these flashes of brilliance. Didn't show up in games two or three times in a row and then one pass that showed his potential. That led to a few people being disappointed at him not doing it all the time. Add to that his frequent injuries and people were disappointed about him in general. It was never contended that he would be a good addition to the team if he stays fit and got a bit more consistent, both factors supplementing each other, naturally. So this season he seems to be in the right place and people are turning around. As it should be. We'll see how long he holds up without injuries.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
no such thing as a common opinion about most things among Bayern fans. Some worship Hoeneß, some think he should retire. most love Müller though a few wish him to China. Some think the Pep era was brilliant, others are happy he's gone.
I, for one, adore Thiago. Best footballer i have ever seen wearing our shirt. Every ball he stops is a piece of art. My seat neighbor in the Arena (who happened to marry my sister some 30 years ago) doesn't think he's so hot.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Let's take note of an excellent performance by Müller.

Surely not hindered by HSV's level of defending, but nonetheless. Maybe things are looking up.
He has never really stopped creating chances and spaces for his teammates, there was/is a lot of hyperbole concerning his form and performances.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
no such thing as a common opinion about most things among Bayern fans. Some worship Hoeneß, some think he should retire. most love Müller though a few wish him to China. Some think the Pep era was brilliant, others are happy he's gone.
I, for one, adore Thiago. Best footballer i have ever seen wearing our shirt. Every ball he stops is a piece of art. My seat neighbor in the Arena (who happened to marry my sister some 30 years ago) doesn't think he's so hot.
That's high praise.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
He has never really stopped creating chances and spaces for his teammates, there was/is a lot of hyperbole concerning his form and performances.
I don't agree. I think he was absolutely terrible at times, to the point where nothing he did seemed to work. He had a couple of good games too, granted (Eindhoven?), but the vast majority was really, really strikingly bad.
Especially if you think back to the Euros. I don't think there can be any hyperbole as to how fecking abysmal Müller was at the Euros, and it has to be pointed out.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
or Elber and Ze Roberto.

I was always on his back. He plays well this season, but I don't fully understand all the praise he gets. In my opinion he is still not one of our best players. He needs to prove that he can have an impact in important games against the big guys. This bundesliga season is really weird in the sense, that only "smaller" teams are playing close to their potential and in the CL Atletico finished ahead of us despite their problems. He has still everything to prove and a nice flick here and there doesn't change that.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I'm with @strongwalker here. I've never seen a guy handling the ball the way Thiago does before. Just watching him warm up before a match is money well spent. The guy can effortlessly control a ball falling from the sky at high speed. Was at our last cup match in Leverkusen, and he and Costa were warming up with each other. One stood in the middle of the field, the other one on the goalline. They were passing to each other. They could easily go 20 passes without the ball touching the grass once.
When it comes to ballhandling, he is simply in a class of his own. No competition there.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I've taken Elber, Scholl, Ribery or Robben into account. I agree they are close, especially Ribery, but his defining feature in his prime was excellent technique plus his dynamics - Robben even more so. Scholl or Elber stood out in past teams, but those were teams that included Oliver Kreuzer or Thorsten Fink. We gave once standing ovations to this fella because we'd never seen anything like it, today Rafinha or Bernat, the wingbacks, can do that.

RooneyLegend

I've taken Elber, Scholl, Ribery or Robben into account. I agree they are close, especially Ribery, but his defining feature in his prime was excellent technique plus his dynamics - Robben even more so. Scholl or Elber stood out in past teams, but those were teams that included Oliver Kreuzer or Thorsten Fink. We gave once standing ovations to this fella because we'd never seen anything like it, today Rafinha or Bernat, the wingbacks, can do that.
Please tell me you don't think today's players are better at handling the ball than Maradona.

Status
Not open for further replies.