Federico Macheda Loan watch

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Fantastic interview. He seems very level-headed and came out with a lot of mature answers. No doubt he's got the talent to be a quality player, I hope he's successful in his career even if it's not with us.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He's shit. one of our best signings ever though thanks to the villa goal.

MUFCgal

Undoubtedly, the most emotional goal celebration I've ever seen.
It was just magic. I was distraught when we were losing the Villa match because we'd lost our previous two matches - that loss against Liverpool at OT, which was still fresh in our minds, and then the loss to Fulham. Also at this point, Liverpool were in great form, scoring lots of goals, and were gaining on us in the title race.

I was distraught because we were letting it slip, and I couldn't bare the thought of those cnuts overtaking us and winning the league. And having all the Liverpool supporters I know rubbing it in.

When Macheda scored that goal, and won us the match, it was just pure ecstasy. The momentum had shifted back our way, and it was all down to him. From the moment he came on the pitch, he looked like he meant business - how he celebrated when Ronnie scored the equaliser, how he put himself about and of course that goal. The celebrations were beyond amazing.

Chabon

I managed to destroy my voice in the five minutes before him scoring and getting down onto the concourse. After that I think I was mostly stumbling along in a daze muttering "he's 17, he's only bloody 17."

I struggle to imagine any moment being more special, even Aguero's goal won just one title. Macheda changed the history of English football, and hardly anyone even knew who he was.

edit: Fun little story. My dad never really cared for football, but back in 2009 he decided to take an interest, presumably in an attempt at bonding or what have you. So I took him to four games over the course of about 10 months. Three of those games were the Macheda match, the Owen derby, and the League Cup semi-final. Now he goes more than I do.

AARRONB06

It was just magic. I was distraught when we were losing the Villa match because we'd lost our previous two matches - that loss against Liverpool at OT, which was still fresh in our minds, and then the loss to Fulham. Also at this point, Liverpool were in great form, scoring lots of goals, and were gaining on us in the title race.

I was distraught because we were letting it slip, and I couldn't bare the thought of those cnuts overtaking us and winning the league. And having all the Liverpool supporters I know rubbing it in.

When Macheda scored that goal, and won us the match, it was just pure ecstasy. The momentum had shifted back our way, and it was all down to him. From the moment he came on the pitch, he looked like he meant business - how he celebrated when Ronnie scored the equaliser, how he put himself about and of course that goal. The celebrations were beyond amazing.
That was one of my greatest moments at the match that goal! Pure ecstasy, no drug can come close to that feeling.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
What rotten luck:

Man Utd striker Federico Macheda has returned to Old Trafford from his loan spell at Doncaster to be treated for a hamstring injury. Macheda, who joined Rovers in mid-September on an initial one-month deal, is expected to be out for around three weeks. Doncaster plan to resurrect the deal once the 22-year-old Italian is fit again. Macheda has scored three goals in five Sky Bet Championship appearances, including four starts, for Paul Dickov's side. He marked his first start for Rovers with both goals in a 2-2 home draw with Nottingham Forest and scored the winner at Hillsborough in a 1-0 victory over south Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday, who last month were also keen to sign the former Lazio trainee.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/doncaster-rovers/rovers-lose-macheda-1646542.html?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
bah! At least it is not a long term injury and they are willing to have him back once he is fit.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Playing for Doncaster right now on Sky Sports 1 - he provided the assist to the goal that they lead Yeovil by.

Ringo 07

Macheda said that Pogba would be even better than Viera when Juve signed him......wouldn't be surprised if Macheda acted as an informer for Juve before they singed the Black Zidane

NM

Macheda said that Pogba would be even better than Viera when Juve signed him......wouldn't be surprised if Macheda acted as an informer for Juve before they singed the Black Zidane

:lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
A brace today, can't find the goals anywhere. That's 3 in 2 for him now, might not be a lost cause yet!

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Another brace, draws up a match, looking quality. Good finish.

His managers reaction is also priceless (3mins 14secs in):

Rowem

gently, down the stream
^ Tyler Blackett with the cross there too. He was raved about on here a couple seasons ago.

Giggsforever

His goals was really good. Berba touches on the first and fantastic second. Good for him.

Great celebration from Lee Clark :lol::lol::lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I'd love to see him come back and make it. Pity there really is no place for him, even on the bench.

Gladiator

:lol: Lee clark. That's great for Macheda. that's what he needs at this stage. games for experience and development

Ekeke

I think its about 90% that he'll be leaving, even if he goes on a good run of goalscoring now he wont have done enough to show that hes better longterm than some of the other strikers we have coming through. But it would be really nice if he could score lots of goals and get a good permanent move for himself

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep personally his career has been badly handled so far. He really should have dropped down the lower leagues and had a loan. Going to 2 relegation fighting clubs when your learning your trade isn't what you need.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think it's more or less guaranteed that he'll leave this summer. Although every United will remember him fondly due to that goal against Villa.

JmRssll555

Thought he was a shoo-in for the first team at one point.
Agreed.

I thought he was a more naturally talented striker than Welbeck; I really thought he was going to be class.

Hope he manages to resurrect his career at a good level somewhere, if he doesn't return to Old Trafford.

Amir

Agreed.

I thought he was a more naturally talented striker than Welbeck; I really thought he was going to be class.

Hope he manages to resurrect his career at a good level somewhere, if he doesn't return to Old Trafford.
While I know he went quite a bit without scoring many, I reckon he's got a good sense of goals. I thought he can be a great scorer and hopefully add more to his game. Kind of the opposite of what we need from Welbeck. Now, if we could combine the two...

MoneyMay

Scored two goals in a 2-4 defeat to Bournemouth. He has now scored 7 goals in 11 appearances for Birmingham.

Good interview after the defeat below: