Federico Macheda Loan watch

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Aren't harnick and Ibisivec their forwards? Or however you spell it, what are his chances to get regular playing time? How does he match up to them?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I love how Fletcher is pretty much chocking the shit out of him during the celebrations.

So it seems Fergie either still has faith or wants to shop him in a new league to get a higher fee.

lunchforthesky

Excellent - far better level than a champo loan.

The race is now on: Macheda v The One in the Bundesliga scoring contest...

I don't really see how that's better. Perhaps I'm wrong but I really don't see how he'd get proper playing time at Stuttgart. He'd be better off going to League 1 if that's where he needed to go to start every week.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't really see how that's better. Perhaps I'm wrong but I really don't see how he'd get proper playing time at Stuttgart. He'd be better off going to League 1 if that's where he needed to go to start every week.
It's easy as outsider to think so, but he must have his own belief and confidence, his thrive as well

It's not easy to accept the fact that one week you're playing for United and another you're playing in League 1

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It's easy as outsider to think so, but he must have his own belief and confidence, his thrive as well

It's not easy to accept the fact that one week you're playing for United and another you're playing in League 1
It all well and good having confidence in yourself, but he hasn't proven to be good enough to play at that level at this point. Si it will be tough for him to convince the manager to put his faith in him. Would have preferred a lower team to send him to so he definitely gets starts, but doesn't look like it is going to happen again with him. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another spell where he just warms the benches.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Interesting move, like others I'm concerned that he won't get enough playing time, as was the case at QPR and Sampdoria. But if he does get a good amount of playing time it could be the making of him.

Though if I was the manager of Stuttgart I'd be worried about being fired, just like the two managers who brought Macheda to QPR and Sampdoria.

Forevergiggs

Should have gone to a championship club like Watford.

He's ruining his career with overly ambitious loan moves.
Overambitious?

A Sampodoria side that got relegated and a QPR side that just about avoided thr drop were overambitious loan moves?

IrishLegend

Overambitious?

A Sampodoria side that got relegated and a QPR side that just about avoided thr drop were overambitious loan moves?
Clubs that are in religations battles aren't going to take risks playing a 20 year old striker to help them get out of it.

QPR went and brought a dozen strikers and Sampdoria were never gonna play Macheda when things got tough, they're always going to rely on experienced heads.

Loan him to a mid table championship or premiership club where playing a 20 year old kid isn't so much of a risk. Especially in the championship.

Look at Cleverly, done amazingly at Watford, Got a loan move to Wigan next season, got games under his belt and impressed. United first team a season later.

Forevergiggs

Were they over ambitious moves?

The fact is that he was unlucky with those loan moves. Both the teams changed managers after he was signed on loan. He didn't fit in the new managers plan and the stints turned out unsuccessful. The same could have happened at a championship club.

IrishLegend

Were they over ambitious moves?

The fact is that he was unlucky with those loan moves. Both the teams changed managers after he was signed on loan. He didn't fit in the new managers plan and the stints turned out unsuccessful. The same could have happened at a championship club.
For a 18/19 year old (at the time) Striker yes.

If your a midfielder or defender you can get away with it because there's someone along side you to bail you out but as a Striker it's different. If he'd gone to a championship club and scored 20+ goals in a season a top flight team would be more willing to take a gamble on him and give him game time because they'd know he can do the job.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He played whole second half for Stuttgart tonight.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Labbadia said he will be starter tonight against Lazio, because Ibisevic is suspended.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Played pretty much whole game, substituted in injury time, and from what I saw(and heard from commentator), he was very poor, but don't trust me since I missed big part of the game.

Sylar

That goal against Sunderland is forgotten but almost as vital.

Agreed, hope he does well and makes it.

Chabon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ited-goal-pictures-women-Facebook-future.html

Good interview with him by the daily mail, really hope the guy makes it somewhere, will always remember that VITAL goal, always seems like SAF speaks highly of him, I'm sure once he said he was the best finisher at the club...
He scored one of the most important goals in the club's entire history, on his debut, as a 17 year old. Once he's gone off to have a middling career on the continent the stick he gets from some quarters will disappear, and I imagine we'll all go back to loving him unconditionally.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Undoubtedly, the most emotional goal celebration I've ever seen.