Federico Macheda Loan watch

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
King is another striker we have that has been doing much better than him lately. Macheda doesn't stand a chance here, definitely not in the short term.
Has King been doing much better? Do you base that on him getting game time for Norway? People who have been following the reserves all say, as far as I'm concerned, that he's been doing well.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Fed-up Macheda wants to quit Old Trafford when transfer window re-opens

Federico Macheda will look to quit Manchester United in the New Year with the striker increasingly unsettled with his lack of first-team opportunities.
The Italy Under 21 international finds himself behind Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez in the pecking order at Old Trafford.

He spent the end of last season on loan at QPR but managed only six appearances for Mark Hughes' side, while he had a spell in his homeland with Sampdoria in 2011.

Macheda's last outing for United came on Boxing Day last year as a substitute in the 5-0 Barclays Premier League win over Wigan.
But having spent this term stuck in the reserves, the 21-year-old's agent Giovanni Bia has revealed he wants to leave in January when the transfer window re-opens.

'How can he be decisive for the team if he never plays?' Bia told ItaSportPress.
'Manchester United have some phenomenal players in attack, so it is truly difficult for Federico to find space. It’s not true what they write in the English papers that he’s going through a bad spell.

'He wants to play and if he cannot do so by January then we’ll try to find an alternative solution. I will talk to Sir Alex Ferguson over the next few days.
'Federico was requested by German and Spanish teams over the summer, but the English club preferred to keep hold of him.

'I hope they understand the situation and let him leave in January, because it makes no sense to keep a 21-year-old on the bench.'
Macheda was tipped to have a bright future under Sir Alex Ferguson at United when he spectacularly burst on the scene in April 2009, coming off the bench on his debut to seal an important winner against Aston Villa.
If he feels he needs to play elsewhere, let him go. His agent makes a reasonable point in the sense that he isn't going to get better playing in the reserves. He had 4 strikers in front of him (who are better than him). He isn't going to break into the team ahead of those 4 players. His loan spells haven't worked either, he is at the level of being too good for the reserves but not good enough for the first team. I think the best case scenario for everyone involved would be to let him leave, no hard feelings.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'd say he was almost unlucky with that goal. Put a heap of expectation on him, despite being 17 and not ready to be in the first team.
Yep the goals really were a double edge sword for him. Heaped expectations on him and he was never going to live up to them. I'm sure he will turn out a decent footballer, but even still I and I'm sure others will feel disappointed due to those few moments of brilliance and excitement that hyped him up and him then not living up to that hype.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We should send him out to Holland for a season, he could score a boatload of goals out there, regain his confidence and gain some experience of a decent level league.

The last 2 years have been a failure for him, he needs to get out of reserve level as its too easy for him.

John Guidetti city's young striker has done very well over there, we know it isnt the hardest league for strikers but if you are good enough it will show.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He can end up being a good premier league striker, but that may be a few years away still. I think he needs to face better defenders so he can learn how to beat them, send him to the Championship.

While his scoring rate is good for the U21 team, I had hoped he would be able to impose himself more against defenders of that level. But maybe I'm being harsh.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'd say he was almost unlucky with that goal. Put a heap of expectation on him, despite being 17 and not ready to be in the first team.
Indeed, if ever a goal hindered a career it was that.

Also he got that Flukey goal against Sunderland a week later.

I'm sure we all thought he was going to be a star.

It's been clear for some time now though, he has no future with us. He needs to kick start his career, elsewhere.

kps88

I can only assume there hasn't been much demand for him from teams capable of giving him regular football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How many loan spells are we going to send him on before we finally just sell him on?!

THAT goal v Villa was almost 4 years ago now!

He has VP, Rooney, and a young Hernandez and Welbeck in front of him.

It's pretty much a hopeless scenario isn't it. There's going to be young strikers bubbling behind him too.

Heardy

He's better than he is given credit for, but will always struggle to get a squad position in the United side.

Villa would do well to put in a bid for him.

Minkaro

After his last couple of loan spells I could see clubs being hesitant to want to buy him. Best I think we can hope for is a six month loan spell now with the option to buy him at the end of the season.

steeeb

He's a good player that has been unlucky with injuries and loan spells. He'll never make it here though, but others probably won't take a punt on him for the amount we feel he's probably worth.

Hopefully as others have pointed out, a loan move with an option to buy might be a good solution.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't think he'a capable of being a consistent PL player at the moment. He needs lots of games to develop, which he hasn't had to date. A good Championship club who could get promoted would be ideal for him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Would have liked him to make it here, not bad in the reserves, decent goal/game return, just looks out of his depth at this level as hasn't had the chances/ time he needed, very unfortunate.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Would have liked him to make it here, not bad in the reserves, decent goal/game return, just looks out of his depth at this level as hasn't had the chances/ time he needed, very unfortunate.
To be fair, I don't think he's ever had the talent needed or will ever have it. He could do well at other clubs, but he's just not up to the standards we might have hoped after his incredible debut for us.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Well look what a move to Germany done for Mame Diouf. He has become one of the best scorers in the league since his move to Hannover.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
To be fair, I don't think he's ever had the talent needed or will ever have it. He could do well at other clubs, but he's just not up to the standards we might have hoped after his incredible debut for us.
You think that's fair? that's not fair the slightest, he has shown talent, SAF would have got rid after a year if that was the case, you just have to say enough is enough, the boy has been riddled with injuries and horribly unlucky at certain loan spells and club choices. There is still a chance he could develop into a top player, but the longer he leaves it the less likely, but to say he hasn't ever had the talent, nor will he ever, is anything but fair, stupid comment.

blitz133w

His finishing was the only good thing about him. But his positioning and discipline weren't so good. I think SAF said he was the best finisher in the club, before hernandez came. He could only score during pre season friendlies. Really wanted him to succeed here. Thought he could make it as a third striker. That was a peach of a goal specially for a 17 yr old. He had time on his side then but he didn't/couldn't make the best of it. Sometimes we do take our time to sell for that extra million. He'll definitely be sold.

Cevno

His finishing was the only good thing about him. But his positioning and discipline weren't so good. I think SAF said he was the best finisher in the club, before hernandez came. He could only score during pre season friendlies. Really wanted him to succeed here. Thought he could make it as a third striker. That was a peach of a goal specially for a 17 yr old. He had time on his side then but he didn't/couldn't make the best of it. Sometimes we do take our time to sell for that extra million. He'll definitely be sold.
Hernandez isn't a great finisher. He is good at getting at positions where he gets chances a bit like Ruud.

lunchforthesky

Why the feck would Stuttgart want Macheda?

I think he probably does have talent, how much it's hard to tell but he's a bit of a big time Charlie and thought he'd made it long before he had and stopped putting into the necessary work to push on.

Castia

Good luck to him he's got potential and if he can manager 20+ games a season at a decent level then who knows he could become a good player. Better for all parties if he found another club though he's never going to get a chance here with our current strike force.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's only 21 ffs, none of us can make any significant comment on him 1 because he has plenty of time on his side and 2 because no ones really seen that much of him.

Maybe he wont make it and be shipped on but so far the people that see him in training every day seem to think its worth having him here.

Not sure how anyone here could know better than that.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
He's only 21 ffs, none of us can make any significant comment on him 1 because he has plenty of time on his side and 2 because no ones really seen that much of him.

Maybe he wont make it and be shipped on but so far the people that see him in training every day seem to think its worth having him here.

Not sure how anyone here could know better than that.
whilst this may be true to some extent, the "he's only 21, he has time on his side" line isn't really true (imo) as he should be pushing for a starting place at that age, that's not say he doesn't have a bright future, I just don't see him having a top tier career.

Cevno

whilst this may be true to some extent, the "he's only 21, he has time on his side" line isn't really true (imo) as he should be pushing for a starting place at that age, that's not say he doesn't have a bright future, I just don't see him having a top tier career.
Top tier as in ?

Shark

@NotShark
Hernandez isn't a great finisher. He is good at getting at positions where he gets chances a bit like Ruud.
Ruud was a fantastic finisher.

Hernandez gets himself into good positions, but he's still a great finisher. His placement at times is top notch, especially in one vs one situations with keepers. Just ask Petr Cech.