Federico Macheda to Sampdoria (Loan Watch)

Ringo 07

Here we go again!! Caftards slating young players for not being world beaters at 19 years of age!! You think they would have learned from the days when they all used to say that Nani, Ronaldo and Rooney were not good enough for United when they were all breaking into the team at young ages!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
TBH I don't see it in Kiko either. His progress has stalled quite a bit. Good finisher and all but I can't see that he has the all round game to be a striker for United.

Scholesy

That's not exactly how you expressed it though. He's shown glimpses of his talent for the first team already, the 2 goals v Villa in particular, and SAF clearly rates him. He is only 19 and starting (and scoring) for the Italian u21s.
If SAF rates him, he is wrong.

Macheda is awful.

Scholesy

I have always not rated the Italian striker, one of the worst players I have seen playing for United.

I am amazed anyone can rate him, he is well out of his depth at United. But of course he is young, lets give him time, he will come good, its impossible for him to flop because Ferguson rates him.

schiavone1

He scored last night for the u21's, taking advantage of a defensive error, but for Samp he has been truly dreadful

Scholesy

"It is crucial that we keep identifying top young players to come to Manchester United.
And it's not just overseas we look. We've got Chris Eagles, Paul McShane, Kieran Richardson and Phil Bardsley all coming through."

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
2 of those players are now good standard premiership players. Eagles is ok too. The other is Paul McShane.

SATA

He knows abit of where the goal is and can spot a good pass, but his awareness, positional sense and just that bit of special quality he has to nurture and improve. At the moment, it doesn't look like he will be a first teamer for a mid-table or near bottom Serie A side, let alone United

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I have always not rated the Italian striker, one of the worst players I have seen playing for United.

I am amazed anyone can rate him, he is well out of his depth at United. But of course he is young, lets give him time, he will come good, its impossible for him to flop because Ferguson rates him.
I swear your just on a constant WUM on this forum.

Cold_Boy

i have always not rated the italian striker, one of the worst players i have seen playing for united.

i am amazed anyone can rate him, he is well out of his depth at united. But of course he is young, lets give him time, he will come good, its impossible for him to flop because ferguson rates him.
wtf?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Has Macheda even done anything in his appearances for United? I mean he's 19, and he still looks raw ffs. Messi was so much better at 19.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Has Macheda even done anything in his appearances for United? I mean he's 19, and he still looks raw ffs. Messi was so much better at 19.
Oh come on. Messi at 19 is already unplayable. You don't normally compare Messi with any other players in this planet, except well Ronaldo.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
First touch and link up play is nowhere near good enough for us.

His finishing and instincts in the box are.

I hope he can sort things out.

Either way we can make some money on him.

beardsleybob

I'd say that depends on how much of a wage he's been getting

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Yeah I mean, he's 19 and all that, he should be the finished article years ago, now he's way too old to be improve

schiavone1

How is this kid doing for Samp? Has he scored yet for them?
Not very well, I have seen him a couple of times. Takes too long on the ball. Struggles to play alongside Maccarone and isn't a lone front man either.

Hasn't scored yet either.

::sonny::

They won't be relegated, hard to believe, but in italy there are shittest team than sampdoria
The last famous words, sampdoria are going to serie b...

TheReligion

Abusive
I think Macheda is a good player and will be given more chances at United. Why people are writing him off I don't know.

He clearly has alot of talent, he just lacks experience. He has said himself he isn't happy in Italy at the moment and is looking forward to coming back to Manchester so I don't see why we have a reason to get rid of him.

Look at some of the goals he has scored for us. Important ones too. He also had a cracking performance in a CL match (was it against CSKA at home?) which I watched and made me thing this lad can actually do well here.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
"It is crucial that we keep identifying top young players to come to Manchester United.
And it's not just overseas we look. We've got Chris Eagles, Paul McShane, Kieran Richardson and Phil Bardsley all coming through."
Of course what he was supposed to say was:

"The young British and Irish lads we have are fecking shit and don't have a sniff of making it here, we will be actively seeking their replacements as of yesterday."

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he hadn't scored that goal against Villa nobody would have heard of him. He is nowhere near good enough to be considered one of Uniteds four first team strikers at the moment.

I say loan him to a premiership team next season that can guarantee him a starting place.

jeston

If he hadn't scored that goal against Villa nobody would have heard of him. He is nowhere near good enough to be considered one of Uniteds four first team strikers at the moment.

I say loan him to a premiership team next season that can guarantee him a starting place.
That's rubbish. He was excelling and scoring plenty of goals that season in the U18s and the Reserves at only 17. He earned his chance in the first team.

Chabon

Whatever you think of Macheda, and I'd class myself as uncertain, he's already achieved vastly more in the first team than any youth team striker in the last two decades, and he's still 19. Considering some of the hugely promising strikers who've failed in that time I think we owe Kiko some faith.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Whatever you think of Macheda, and I'd class myself as uncertain, he's already achieved vastly more in the first team than any youth team striker in the last two decades, and he's still 19. Considering some of the hugely promising strikers who've failed in that time I think we owe Kiko some faith.
Someone linked this on The Guardian the other day. Play by play commentary on the United/Villa game. Read the preamble and see how poor Uniteds chances of holding off Liverpool were seen by many. And read the bit about that goal.

Minute-by-minute report of Manchester United's 3-2 win over Aston Villa | Football | guardian.co.uk

I'll always be grateful to Macheda for those 2 winning goals in 2009, no matter where he ends up.