Felipe Anderson

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah he struggled at Spurs lool.
Who parks the bus against Tottenham? I like Bale and wouldn't mind him for a not too scandalous fee but he isn't a great player in tight spaces and he isn't great when he has to attack with a tight defense in front of him.
Now I've barely seen this Anderson fella, so I can't say if he is a better option than Bale.

Rossa

Seems like he is heavily linked with us. Looks blisteringly fast, which we need. Not sure the last time I saw someone run past players with such ease carrying the ball and his acceleration is phenomenal - looks faster than Bale to my eyes. Seems like he is a little too fond of the ball at times though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Him and depay on the wings would scare the crap out of defences. He's not just fast in a straight line like Valencia though, he has the ability and quick feet required for tight spaces too.

Not sure LVG will like how he loves to dribble though, will probably drill that out of him which would be a shame.

RikRuud

If Van Persie is off to Lazio then would be a nice little sweetener to put an offer on Felipe Anderson.

the hea

We already have Memphis, Young, Di Maria, Mata and Januzaj for the 2 wide positions no need for another wide player especially one who would only be considered 3rd choice.

Mainoldo

We already have Memphis, Young, Di Maria, Mata and Januzaj for the 2 wide positions no need for another wide player especially one who would only be considered 3rd choice.
Technically we have one world class wide player and potential. We hopefully have 50 games next season... Shouldn't be a problem.

van Persie

Everyone who's following Serie A know he's amazing. For an attacking player he's the defintion of complete really. Also two-footed.

Rossa

Mata should play as a ten and Januzaj hasn't been a revelation as of late. Imagine Depay on the left, Mata in the middle and Anderson on the right. We would be dynamic as feck on the wings and Mata could do his magic in the middle.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Mata should play as a ten and Januzaj hasn't been a revelation as of late. Imagine Depay on the left, Mata in the middle and Anderson on the right. We would be dynamic as feck on the wings and Mata could do his magic in the middle.
Even better with Herrera in Mata's place, and another midfielder behind him.

Rossa

Even better with Herrera in Mata's place, and another midfielder behind him.
Possibly - or even the prospect of having Carrick or another player as the deep lying midfielder with Herrera and ADM as the more attacking central mifielders sounds rather promising as well. Mata could fill in there as well.

ravi2

Fast, strong, two footed, can play either wing and puts defenders on their heels...someone like him would be fantastic for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sports Witness just said the stuff the English press are on are 10 days old from Italy.

Mani

Felipe Anderson or Firmino, who is best among these two?

ravi2

Felipe Anderson is more of a winger while Firmino can play anywhere along the front, even as a false 9.
Firmino has the higher ceiling IMO.

I think we are ok for wingers considering we have Di Maria, Young, Depay and Januzaj.

Loublaze

ATLien
Felipe Anderson is more of a winger while Firmino can play anywhere along the front, even as a false 9.
Firmino has the higher ceiling IMO.

I think we are ok for wingers considering we have Di Maria, Young, Depay and Januzaj.
Anderson can also play through the middle and as a second striker. They are essentially the same type of players. Firmino is probably going to end up being a striker straight up. Both good players and i'd be happy if we got both. If I had to choose one i'd go with Felipe because he's equally as talented as Firmino but he's lighting fast and a tad more skillful on the ball

ravi2

Anderson can also play through the middle and as a second striker. They are essentially the same type of players. Firmino is probably going to end up being a striker straight up. Both good players and i'd be happy if we got both. If I had to choose one i'd go with Felipe because he's equally as talented as Firmino but he's lighting fast and a tad more skillful on the ball

That is a fair assessment, TBH I would be happy with either Firmino or Felipe.

Mani

Pace up front would be ideal for our setup.
Most brazilian are good on ball but how good these Brazil kids on in tight spaces?

MJJ

Pace up front would be ideal for our setup.
Most brazilian are good on ball but how good these Brazil kids on in tight spaces?
Firmono is an equally effective dribbled but has a much higher work rate than felipe Anderson. He would be better for the van Gaal way in place of fellaini. F. Anderson is lightning quick, very good dribbler but has the Nani syndrome. Over time if he improves his decision making will be better (is two years younger) but for now Firmono is better and has done it for longer. We can sign both though as Anderson best position is rw and Firmono number 10.

Mani

Firmono is an equally effective dribbled but has a much higher work rate than felipe Anderson. He would be better for the van Gaal way in place of fellaini. F. Anderson is lightning quick, very good dribbler but has the Nani syndrome. Over time if he improves his decision making will be better (is two years younger) but for now Firmono is better and has done it for longer. We can sign both though as Anderson best position is rw and Firmono number 10.
Firmino got better work rate means, he certainly suits LVG's system.Now I'm tempted to watch more of these kids.
Thanks MJJ.

ravi2

Firmimo plays false 9 for Brazil so he can deputize for Rooney if necessary, combined with the better work rate and his versatility I can totally see LVG going for him...not to mention his price is very reasonable.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm all for this deal just like I am for Firmino and Nani to receive a chance from Louie. We simply need players who can beat defenders with skill & pace badly. Giggs & Ronaldo were doing that countless times in the past and it was pretty much always with the positive result for the team.

Memphis is a huge step in this direction and there should be no complain if we'll get another boost of quality in this type of attacking players.

izec

Every time i saw Felipe Anderson, he looked totally inconsistent. From his highlights video it all looks nice and flashy, but at the end of the season he was pretty underwhelming if you ask me. He wont be cheap either, Lazio wont sell him for less than 30-40m.

He looks a better finisher than Nani, but we could just give him a chance again and go for Firmino, who can play as a striker.

NoPace

I think if this goes through it means Di Maria is probably leaving. Anderson has very quick feet but Van Gaal won't trust him anywhere but out wide and with 2 quick, dribbling wingers who will play riskily he'll want a secure middle 3 of Herrera, a box to box CM and a DM.

------Rooney------- (RVP/Chicharito, Wilson)
Depay--------Felipe (Mata, Young, Januzaj)
----CM---Herrera-- (Fellaini, Mata, Pereira)
------Carrick------- (Blind)
Shaw------------RB (Valencia, Rojo, Blind)
-----CB--Smalling-- (Jones, Rojo)
--------GK---------- (Valdes)

Would be my guess, though another DM like Schneiderlin looks possible too. 100 Million Pounds at the minimum.

ScarleyUtd

It doesn't mean anything these days. Anything can change tomorrow.
Yes and also I suspect players are instructed to say things like that by their existing club to bump up the price a bit. It's always a three way process.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does he have anywhere near the ability Di Maria has? The clips I'm seeing don't seem all that impressive.

ottosec

He's basically a younger version of Nani. I don't think you can compare him to Firmino.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
His youtube clips look very unimpressive so I do not see why a nunber of caftards would keep talking about quick feet and how he is amazingly skillful or more skillful than Firmino (whose videos contain more moments of true skill than the run and cutback crap from Anderson).